[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jesta equipment
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7
File: jesta.jpg (25 KB, 300x469) Image search: [Google]
jesta.jpg
25 KB, 300x469
Hi /m/, I know mechs are not viable in realistic wars, but if you had to realistically arm and armour one similar in design to the Jesta, what would you give it?
>>
>>13939460
A giant tank for my Jesta to ride in.
>>
>>13939460
Axe of some variety
>>
>>13939489
Yes, but how would you equip it if it was to be a standalone unit?
>>
>>13939491
Nothing else?
>>
Lasers for CIWS, as well as active protection, IR smoke, and a full suit of ECM.

A thick slab of CHOBAM for a shield. Don't put grenades in the shield. That is silly

Some kind of over-under railgun with a co-axial heavy MG or Autocannon.
>>
>>13939460
A heavy beam-coated shield, a la RX-78-2, a high power beam rifle, a hyper mega beam launcher, a recoilless cannon, a late-model heavy clay bazooka, head vulcans, dual beam sabers, S-mine, a missile launcher loaded with direct fire anti-MS and ballistic artillery missiles, and grenades of normal, incendiary and EMP type. I would also assign infantry teams in hover APCs to manage anti-infantry duties and to carry ammo reloads, as well as tactical carriers or carrier helos to carry all the weapons. And finally, a Medea to base operations out of.
>>
Melee weapon would be a fucking huge plasma cutter baton. Just poke hole into things until they die.
>>
>>13939517
>>13939508
Pretty comprehensive list, but what would you do for the body armour? would it be thick for more protection, or thin for greater manoeuvrability?
>>
>>13939529

What are you fighting? Makes a huge difference. If you are facing tons of guided munitions that more than likely will hit you if you don't shoot them down, i want to be able to take the hits.

That being said, cover me in reactive armor. Infantry support be damned.
>>
File: infantry protection irl.jpg (58 KB, 640x357) Image search: [Google]
infantry protection irl.jpg
58 KB, 640x357
>>13939460
11bs in bikinis, they shall confuse and mystify the enemy with their pt conditioned bodies
>>
>>13939529
The factory model will do. If it's been calibrated and designed for one weight and balance setting, then it will do. It'll also be the easiest to replace if all production lines are tooled for the same type, and all field crews are trained with the same type.
>>
>>13939543
mortermen still forgotten
>>
>>13939539
I would say it would be an all-comers sort of load-out, so you would have to expect to fight most reasonable match-ups
>>
>>13939544
Makes sense, I guess.
>>
>>13939517
Also, how many APCs would you use?
>>
File: train artillery.jpg (42 KB, 700x397) Image search: [Google]
train artillery.jpg
42 KB, 700x397
>>13939547
>jesta mortar team
>>
>>13939571
5. I'd assign 2 teams of AMSGM in 2, 2 infantry platoons in other 2, and a command platoon in the final one. Every single APC would draw an ammo trailer for the Jesta's current loadout.

APCs should have fording capability. If climbing is necessary for the mission, VTOL carriers would be called in to take over.
>>
File: poor little big dog1.jpg (159 KB, 905x693) Image search: [Google]
poor little big dog1.jpg
159 KB, 905x693
>>13939585
>not utilizing bigro dog
>>
>>13939508
>Don't put grenades in the shield.
The grenades are on a rack on the hips of the Jesta, and whats silly about putting missiles in the shield if you're firing them all before engaging in close range combat? Its something you see in CCA/Unicorn combat, they fire a volley of missiles before going into close combat.
>>
>>13939598
Poor bigro
>>
Would dazzle camouflage be a good idea,mseeing as normal camouflage wouldn't be too effective at this size?
>>
>>13939460
OP, I hope you don't mind me asking, but... what was the meaning of this thread?
>>
>>13939643
Dazzle really only works against enemies that are forced to use optical ranging and identification because it's meant to screw with people's perception of proportions and outlines, and specifically to fuck with an old timey form of rangefinding that involved combining two sets of images. If there's radar or any kind of triangulation, it won't do jack against that.

And obviously it depends on where the 18 meter tall mech wants to hide. I think there's a reason why tanks and whatnot were never painted in dazzle camo.
>>
>>13939460
Inspired by /k/ommando's Gearfaggotry

>Molle plate carrier chobham armor with pouches
>spare mags
>Multitool, Chinese shovel
>Ballistic helmet
>camelbak (pilot needs water)
>Boots
>Leg holster
>lower leg holster
>bra holster
>Combat bowie knife
>boot knife
>EET patches
>HCLI patches
>MREs
>portapoties
>Stove
>tea kettle (British ver.)

That's it i guess
>>
>>13939643
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/RGC-83_GM_Cannon_II_%28Lucien_Bendt_Use%29
>>
>>13939739
That's a point, I forgot to mention I intend to model this. As an aside, what does everyone think I should use for the scale, 1/144 or 1/100?
>>
>>13939758
I actually asked /k/, they told me to take my "bullshit" to /m/. In hindsight, I should have posted here first.
>>
How advanced is radar when Minovsky particles are taken into account?
>>
>>13939769
Wow. Gee, I feel sorry for blowing all of >>13939517 >>13939544 >>13939585 on you. I might have been more restrained otherwise.

And to be honest, even with this kind of large support troop, I'd deploy the Jestas in platoons of 4. The infantry and APCs would simply prioritize support duties.

I think at least three Medeas would be needed for the whole company, possibly four. It would be better to go with four to make sure loss of one wouldn't hurt the unit's combat effectiveness as much.

Also, this formation does not contain much indirect fire capacity, which is very important. It would have to lend artillery from independent arty formations.

Also, smoke grenades. I forgot them earlier, but VIRSS smoke grenades are a must. You can't survive on the modern battlefield without. They could be mounted on the shield.
>>
No need to feel sorry, all of the info was very helpful and the lack of kniwledge of the modelling was a fault on my part. What scale would you recommend, and as for the medeas and APCs, do you have any suggestions for modelling them?
>>
>>13939760
I wish I had the patience to do a proper dazzle camouflage paint job on gunpla.
>>
>>13939810
Sorry, I know nothing of modelling, alas. But I do remember there being tiny Tamiya WWII miniature soldier kits that'd work well.

Ah, man, Tamiya. When I was a brat, I used to buy their catalogs alone, and spend evening after evening marveling at all the works of beauty they made. I should have gotten into modeling at some point, but I suppose it was simply not to happen.
>>
Thanks for the info anyway, its still going to be very useful.
>>
>>13939460
A tank.
>>
Tell me where I can watch Unicorn and I'll get back to you
>>
>>13939460
Jesta Cannon on a Base Jabber.
What else do you really need?
>>
A few large missiles for taking down big targets like buildings (I mean missiles as long as the jesta's arm)
A big gatling gun (GAU-8) and tons of antipersonnel explosives ready to be launched from the hips and legs
In terms of armour it could stay the same or maybe be thickened if aerial attack is a big risk from blowing the jesta up and I would have lots of flares mounted on the head and upper back just in case
It doesnt need a shield
In terms of melee weapons its fist should be enough, otherwise a sort of battering glove to go on one hand
>>
>>13946642
GAU-8 was obsolete the year it came out. There is a reason why even zaku machineguns use 120mm.
>>
>>13939460
No atmospheric flight? It's shit, don't bother. A lone VF-1 will obliterate the Ra Cailum's entire Jesta MS force in one go.
>>
>>13946642
Those missiles would be massive, nearly MOAB sized.
GAU-8 is great but regular-sized missiles are better.
If aerial attacks are a problem then give it something like a Re-GZ backpack or wings.
Melee would be too dangerous. Actually no need for arms either. Really all you need are wings, thrusters, and a body for holding missiles.

Oh, wait.
>>
>>13946651
Well I assume the jesta is the only giant robot around so it doesnt need a 120mm gun, just something it can quickly swing around to vehicles at its feet
I only know the name of one big gatling gun anyway

>>13946655
If you have a huge robot you might as well give it huge missiles
Also I chose the GAU-8 over a bunch of smaller missiles so it can sweep its shots over a number of enemy tanks/rocket trucks
>>
>>13946666
I meant it's great as an aesthetic choice but practically missiles can do everything it can and more. BRRRT is fun but it's not what you want in the future, let alone the present day present time.
>>
>>13946642
OP here, just so you know it would be fighting other mecha, I just wondered what a gundam universe where the mechs are all realistically equipped would be like and how to model a Jesta to fit this.
>>
>>13941572
>>13939489
You got ninja'd by a whole day.
>>
File: kill jesta.png (909 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
kill jesta.png
909 KB, 1280x720
>>13939460
kill jesta
>>
>>13939460
I would give it tactical nukes, so it can nuke the Shire and

REMOVE FRODO
>>
>>13939489

>build giant robot
>build proportionally giant tank for it to drive

Yes, now we can finally defeat the Zentradi!
>>
>>13939460
>A Jesta is only 3m longer than an A10
>>
File: RGM Jesta tactical.jpg (164 KB, 1094x1576) Image search: [Google]
RGM Jesta tactical.jpg
164 KB, 1094x1576
>>13939460
MOAR TACTICALS!

you'll never get enough tactical attachment.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.