[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Congrats anon, its the mid-eighties and you've just been
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6
File: zz gundam (40).jpg (41 KB, 800x566) Image search: [Google]
zz gundam (40).jpg
41 KB, 800x566
Congrats anon, its the mid-eighties and you've just been hired by Yoshiyuki Tomino to write the scenario for his upcoming sequel Mobile Suit ZZ Gundam.

Also, for the sake of this scenario we're not going to consider Chars Counterattack being greenlit, so no worries about having Char ripped out of the show at any point.

So how do you approach tieing up the loose ends of Zeta Gundam and resolving the third act of the Universal Century?
>>
I write Char's Counter Attack in TV form and make it not shit
>>
Kamille returns in the beginning of the 3rd cour with the ZZZ Gundam, him and Judau become a tag team to reckon with. Not saying that he should take back the slot of main character, but just return as a major character.
>>
>>13939251
F91 TV. Who cares about loose ends.
>>
I write a slice-of-life starring four Purus.
Sometimes you'll see some conflict in the background, but it won't be important.
>>
>>13939260
So what elements would you change to make it not suck?

Also, would you detail the events leading up to CCA?
>>
>>13939260
It wasn't shit to begin with, so that's less work for you
>>
>>13939322
Well for starter I'd make sure Char wasn't acting out of character.
>>
>>13939375
I take that to mean he'd be the champion of his fathers ideals that Zeta seemed to be pushing him towards and wouldn't hold a grudge against Amuro over Lalah.

So how would that change how things play out?
>>
ZZ related question: Why would bright take on Jewdough? Is the AUEG really that hard up for pilots post-Gryps?

Could they not have appealed to the EF for pilots?
>>
>>13939393

it would make it good
>>
File: v2fishing.jpg (39 KB, 350x400) Image search: [Google]
v2fishing.jpg
39 KB, 350x400
>>13939375
this is bait
>>
>>13939485
This post >>13939475 validates your statement
>>
Everybody becomes a hamburger
>>
>>13939393
No, I think he still has the grudge, but their "final fight" would be earlier on in the series. If anything it's more for Amuro's benefit than Char's. Char could have moved past it, but Amuro would be the one with more internal turmoil over it. Char just does the fight as a formality.

Maybe he uses the fight as an opportunity to fake his death ahead of the Axis drop to lure all the Feddies into his trap.

I'd leave Judai and Haman and their conflict in in major capacity, with Amuro taking a more forward leadership role while working on his pet project suit (nu) until the direct challenge with Char comes.
Char would be manipulating things behind Haman's back (sorta like he was, but more overt emphasis on his ambitions).
>>
File: BM.jpg (105 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
BM.jpg
105 KB, 960x720
>make Beecha and Mondo the MCs
>anime flops so hard Bandai will never touch Gundam again
I made Tomino the happiest man in the Universe.
>>
>>13939494
This >>13939475 isn't me. These are >>13939260 >>13939375 >>13939514
>>
The Purus develop a hive mind. They see into the future and the deaths of Puru Prime, Puru2, and the other Purus. So they secretly make more Purus and those unlinked Purus take their places.

The Original 12 Purus secretly take over the EF government.

ZZ happens as normal, otherwise.

Char's loli sense is tingling this whole time and he discovers the Puru 12. He launches a new Neo Zeon War from Sweetwater. In order to drop Axis on EF capital and kill the Puru 12. Amuro's miracle saves the Puru 12.

Char affinity for lolis allows him inhabit the body of another man, creating Full Frontal. He launches yet another war in a secret attempt to destroy the Purus.
>>
>>13939514
i thought you said youd make sure char wouldnt act out of character? did you not watch MSG?
>>
>>13939709
There'd be some time for reflection following the events of Zeta. He'll come into his role as a true son of Zeon accordingly
>>
>>13939251
Suggest they make compilation movies of Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam where Kamille isn't brain fucked at the end.
>>
File: You_Fired_Donald_Trump-700x467.jpg (57 KB, 700x467) Image search: [Google]
You_Fired_Donald_Trump-700x467.jpg
57 KB, 700x467
>>13939734
So we hire you to write a new show and you suggest we just splice up our previous show into a trilogy of movies?
>>
File: 1456295882435.jpg (40 KB, 600x708) Image search: [Google]
1456295882435.jpg
40 KB, 600x708
>>13939762
Double Zeta will only compound on Zeta's failures based on the original script I'm seeing here, I'm going to make Gundam great again!
>>
Assume anything not noted's the same.

-Roux is the new young MC, a brash but highly talented rookie pilot who defected to the AEUG and joins at Shangri-La with a group of AEUG sympathizers and other scrappers they could get. She basically combines elements of Judau, forming a bond with Kamille earlier, piloting the Zeta briefly, before upgrading to the Double Zeta for the remainder.

-Amuro and Beltorchika are major characters, with Amuro now filling in the role Char had in Zeta...being both a mentor figure to Roux while himself further developing into a more mature adult. His growing relationship with Beltorchika, as well as his evolving perspective on humanity and its more humble elements drives a lot of the series and contrasts with Char's increasing distancing from humanity. He also gets over his fear of going back into space over time.

-Char himself appears later in the series, making himself known to the AEUG but secretly pulling the strings behind the scenes to manipulate the civil war within Neo Zeon, as well as using the AEUG to make his eventual take-over of the Neo Zeon happen. We get more insight into why Char's outlook as soured more, and discover that after everything he had seen during the Gryps conflict, he became convinced that humanity will never stop fighting eachother and must be forced into space.

-Perhaps Kamille, driven by feelings of unfinished business with Haman, eventually makes a recovery and comes back to pilot the Zeta Gundam one last time to finish things up, while Amuro takes his custom Z-Plus. Otherwise, Amuro pilots Zeta Gundam in his absence.
>>
>>13939841

Oh and also, maybe combine Lana and Puru together...make her Roux's sister or something, but has the same weird fate.
>>
>>13939580
I always found it weird how it was played for goofs when Beecha and Mondo decided to help out Neo Zeon, who was trying to kill their freind Judau and would've killed their other freinds.
>>
I keep everything the exact same, only Haman is redeemed through the power of Jewdough's dick and stays alive.
>>
>>13939251
Where do you even begin? Having just finished rewatching it last night I forgot how little in terms of storyline it actually has.

It pretty much boils down to Glemy wanting to be the bastard child who restores the right to rule of the Zabis, while Haman just doesn't like the Feddies. That's pretty much it, the AEUG just fights them purely "because". So you'd need to start by writing a tonne of character and political motivations at least.

Something like Char wrenching control of the AEUG and dividing it into what would become his NZ faction would be a start, especially if you built up the two worn out halves hurriedly looking for support from Feddies and Axis.
>>
>>13940217
That would be an excellent start.

I'd like to see more development of Haman for sure, her motivations for wanting to restore the Zabi family (if that's even her real goal) for starters. Also would love for her characterization from Zeta to remain consistent, instead of what we got in ZZ.

I had never really thought of it, but yeah, why is the AUEG fighting Neo Zeon exactly? They were formed to fight the Titans, and that's done.

> Something like Char wrenching control of the AEUG
Once Blex died, didn't Char become the leader of the AUEG? Not that they really ever brought that up again.
>>
>>13940254
>didn't Char become the leader of the AUEG?
Supposedly, yes. But in ZZ you have no idea who their leader is or what the purpose is.

It just seems like a major plot hole that Char leaves the leadership of the AEUG and then takes up the mantle of Neo Zeon, when both organizations had the same goal in mind.
>>
>>13940293
I thought the goal of the AEUG was just to remove the Titans from power and make the Federation less corrupt?
Zeon just wants to tear it down and become the new regime.
>>
>>13940303
I think it'd be simple enough, assuming Char didn't go MIA post-Gryps, for him to convince the AUEG to fight Hamans Neo Zeon.

But, what are the chances he could convince them to tackle the EF after dealing with HNZ?
>>
>>13942525
After HNZ, I don't see them having enough manpower left to tackle the EF. They already had to rely on Jewdough's merry bunch, after all. What was left got folded into Londo Bell.

Really, what we need to consider is what his actual goals are. Getting humanity in space? Resolving his feud with Amuro? Taking down the EF?

I can't see Char allying with Haman Neo-Zeon due to personal distaste, but maybe if Glemy or Rakan Dahkaran led a coup? If he spins it as "the EF is the source of the wars, their incompetent leadership led to the OYW and the Titans", then he'd have a shot at combining the AEUG and that hypothetical Zeon into one group. AEUG already had quite a few Zeon sympathisers, after all.

It's up to you where it goes from there. He could kickstart CCA early, which means he probably wouldn't have the Psycoframe, Or he could go with Full Frontal's Side Co-Prosperity thingamajig.
>>
What exactly is the AEUG comprised of in terms of military hardware?

Specifically, what ships are left post-Gryps?

I assume we have no real way of knowing how many MS/pilots they have.
>>
>>13942558
> Really, what we need to consider is what his actual goals are
Excellent point. I believe he was sincere in wanting to move humanity into space.

I think settling things with Amuro was more of a 'two birds with one stone' thing.

As for the EF, the only reason he wants to tear them down is their unwillingness to change. If the EF up and decided tomorrow to move everybody to space I believe Char would be cool with them.
>>
>>13943014
Leftover hardware, basically. Some replacement GM IIIs, replacement Nemos, replacement Irish-class.

Heck, some of the units that show up midway in ZZ were probably running on spare parts bolted together to make suits and ships!
>>
Is there any chance post-Gryps Kamille would ever pilot again?

I know canonically he doesn't, but say Jewdough wasn't around, and the AEUG were really getting their shit pushed in?

What would it take to get Kamielle back into the cockpit of a MS?
>>
>>13943188
He possibly COULD, given his full recovery by the time of CCA. Unfortunately, he's given up his pilot suit in exchange for doctor's scrubs.
>>
>>13943208
How far into ZZ exactly is it that he recovers?
>>
>>13943188
>What would it take to get Kamille back into the cockpit of a MS?
Something really drastic, I think.

No reason his son or daughter can't show up somewhere down the line, though. Especially if you suscribe to the theory he's Seabook's granddad.
>>
>>13943223
I think by the end of it. His recovery was elaborated on a bit in the Beltrochika's children books iirc.
>>
File: 1420906291393.jpg (37 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1420906291393.jpg
37 KB, 960x720
>>13943223

Right after the colony drop on Dublin he starts speaking normally again, talking to himself briefly. Before that, he was walking around quite a bit.
>>
>>13939437
Judau is literally the best pilot in the entire UC anon
Bright has experience dealing with newtype children and he knew Judau was top notch
Also the EF didnt care, the let Neo-Zeon drop colonies and shit
>>
>>13945831
>jewdough
>better than Uso "Kill 'em All Jr." "the Evaporator" "genocide for my future bride" Ewin
>>
>>13945896
Judau literally cut a colony in half with his mind
He can produce forcefields and energy beams with his newtype powers at a rate far greater than kamille or banana
>>
Erase the very concept of Shangri-la and all the characters which originate from there.
>>
>>13946066
Uso is a better pilot though. Not the better Newtype. That wasn't the question. And in a battle between the two, I'd still be betting on Uso.
>>
>>13939251
>No Elle
>No Iion
>Beecha dies at episode 12
>Judau gets the Double Zeta as a mid season upgrade
>Make Judau not so boring
>More Roux
>Glemy dies before he betrays Haman
>Leina dies
>Amuro shows up with Hayato and Kayra at the late half
>Hayato dies on the very same episode he shows up
>More moon moon BS
>Char shows up and takes over neo zeon
>>
>>13947767
>Glemy dies before he betrays Haman
So no cival war?
>>
>>13949384
nope
>>
>>13946088
So who becomes protag?
>>
>>13954339
Haman
>>
>>13954373
So is this some kind of second persona with a pair of sunglasses that fights for the AEUG and pilots the ZZ?
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.