[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stargazer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5
File: solar sail.jpg (190 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
solar sail.jpg
190 KB, 1920x1080
Finally done watching SEED and Destiny, the former being utterly mediocre at its best and the latter being absolutely awful. Then there's Stargazer and, against all odds, it ended up being quite good, but why was it so short? The potential is definitely here. A gundam show about exploring the universe could be very interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bq2f-bbZ6hM
>>
I didn't find it anything but mediocre.
>>
Because it had a specific story to tell and it told it. And it gave us an Atlantic Federation pilot who isn't a total fuckcunt.

Short stories add so much to a universe, I really wished they had done more like Stargazer.
>>
Stargazer was meant to test the waters, seeing if CE fans would take to side-stories like UC fans.If it worked, we would have seen more CE OVA's. But it didn't, and Banrise's fears over the nature of SEEDfans were confirmed.
>>
>>13930177
well, if it was Astray, I think more people would be involved. Seeing majority of the SEED fans like it.

How to make it work though?? Well you just needed to make Canard the MC and all those SEED/Destiny fans will watch it.
>>
>>13930177
>Banrise's fears over the nature of SEEDfans were confirmed
Destiny should have been enough for that.
>>
>>13930177
>and Banrise's fears over the nature of SEEDfans were confirmed.

let me guess.

>WHERE'S MUH KIRA
>>
>>13930203
>edgy Kira as MC
Add in Carbon Human Flay as Main Antagonist and Love Interest. and we can sell this like pancakes.
>>
>>13930131
>the latter being absolutely awful
Why?
>>
>>13930131
Does anyone know whatever happened to Satori Negishi? She vanished off the face of the planet after doing this song.
>>
>>13930311

YOU KNOW DAMN WELL WHY!
>>
>>13930361
I'd like OP's reasons
>>
>>13930311
Awful writing.
Awful directing.
Awful production.
Awful characters.
>>
>>13930377
not to mention the returning characters themselves are way worse than their previous incarnation

>Kira becomes arrogant holier-than-thou asshole
>Athrun reverts to his SEED Character, complete with re-drawn Invoke Pose in OP2
>Cagalli becomes even more useless
>Lacus....becomes even more unbelievable by having the world instantly agree with her.
>>
File: no comment.png (306 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
no comment.png
306 KB, 640x480
>>13930395
>>
>>13930402
no seriously. Even in SEED's second half, all of them had at least some semblance of character Except for the last one. Kira struggled with what he had to do, and is burdened by everything that is happening around him, Athrun is constantly thinking about his father's actions, Cagalli all about being a strong successor to her father.
>>
>>13930402

You know I get he was mind controlled but he could have at least shown a little guilt about the whole BUTCHER OF BERLIN thing.

as soon as he joins up with Kira gain, nope! conscience clear! He didn do nuffin!
>>
>>13930377
>Awful writing.
>Awful directing.
>Awful production.
>Awful characters.
Please explain
>>
>>13930249
This is so bad. Definitely fanfic level
I love it!
>>
>>13930430
>>Awful writing.

The story is full of holes and the plot progression is hindered completely one everyone acting dumb or OOC

>>Awful directing.

Actors had no idea what their motivations where supposed to be and the higher ups weren't helping.

>>Awful production.

Stock footage out the ass. Even for a mecha show they where pushing what was acceptable

>>Awful characters.

inconsistent personalities and everyone had their screen time or plots derailed to focus on how super special kira and lacus where
>>
>>13930446
I cringe every time someone writes me as some Pilot wanting revenge on the world.
>>
>>13930448
>The story is full of holes and the plot progression is hindered completely one everyone acting dumb or OOC
Expand on this, give some examples

>Actors had no idea what their motivations where supposed to be and the higher ups weren't helping.
What do you mean?

>Stock footage out the ass. Even for a mecha show they where pushing what was acceptable
Valid complaint, I agree

>inconsistent personalities and everyone had their screen time or plots derailed to focus on how super special kira and lacus where
Elaborate further and give examples, especially on the Kira and Lacus bits. I watched SEED Destiny and Stargazer about a week ago and I really don't recall this being an issue.
>>
File: destiny production woes.png (194 KB, 1314x1878) Image search: [Google]
destiny production woes.png
194 KB, 1314x1878
>>13930467
>>
>>13930485
Man, I felt there was some fuckery going on behind Heine, this makes a lot of sense.
>>
>>13930485
This easily explains why Fukuda was without a job for ten years and Sunrise is not interested in doing a sequel of CrossAnge. Destiny, must have been a working hell to manage every week.
>>
File: gundam stargazer selene.jpg (475 KB, 854x1440) Image search: [Google]
gundam stargazer selene.jpg
475 KB, 854x1440
All I remember from Stargazer is that this lady was pretty damn sexy in the first episode, but in the other episodes she changes into a boring as fuck outfit and hairstyle for whatever reason.
>>
>>13930485
By the way, has anyone played Generation CE? Just to know what was this supposed "Shin true ending".
>>
>>13930535
More focus on work.
>>
>>13930395
>Kira becomes arrogant holier-than-thou asshole
The Rey brainwashing in the last episode remains a thing of beauty.
>Athrun reverts to his SEED Character, complete with re-drawn Invoke Pose in OP2
Except this time he jobs like a bitch to Kira.
>Cagalli becomes even more useless
Cagalli is a character that shouldn't exist.
>Lacus....becomes even more unbelievable by having the world instantly agree with her.
"I'm Lax Kein!"
"WAAH ITS LAX KLEIN!!! MUST BUY!!!"
>>
>>13930427
Kira basically validated if you're wrong or free to go.
>>
>>13930485
Hey, someone saved that. Good to see my work didn't die in a fire.
>>
>>13930735
Well making shit up is a lot of effort after all.
>>
>>13930772
Writing the scenario isn't the same as writing the script.
>>
>>13930735
It's really handy since we always get seed/destiny threads.

Not to mention I lost my links for the staff interviews/complaints.
>>
There are only two voice cameos in SEED and Destiny combined. Takanori Nishikawa twice, and Vivian Hsu in SEED. Nishikawa is a big fan who has gone out of his way to voice Miguel and Heine several other times, do stuff for special edition Heine Gunpla, etc.

>>13930788
They literally just translated it differently you fucking tard, both are 脚本
>>
>>13930799
Oh right, and the reason Miugel, Heine and Aisha are killed off after 3 episodes is because of after that many they have to be paid differently.
>>
>>13930805
>tfw I never understood the point of Aisha
>tfw I don't remember who Miguel is and need to use google
Heine was so much in your face out of nowhere it was hard to miss.
>>
>>13930249
> Carbon Human Flay
was this actually in astray?
>>
whatever happened to space Whale?
>>
>>13930830
They died.
>>
>>13930827
No, but considering that Librarian had access to DNA of a lot of people, it's possible
>>
>scripts were written to use stock footage
This is not how any of this works

>if they don't have animation, they can't voice the characters
Anime is voiced from roughs and mockups regularly, Destiny was not the first Chinese cartoon to ever be rushed. It is hard without a script though.

Most of the rest is just reposting unsubstantiated rumours, many of which were created by westerners, plus ridiculously slanted reframings of actual quotes. You can just not like the fucking cartoon without going to autistic lengths, this isn't the US presidential race.
>>
>>13930517

That's BS. They knew in advance he was only gonna last so long. Destiny's production was a disaster but he was only in 3 or 4 episodes back to back and they'd know at least that far in advance how the story would turn out.
>>
>>13930622
I never asked for that kind of realism.
>>
>>13930617

Well them advertising that as the true ending of Destiny is bullshit. Generation of CE came out before Destiny ended. Only when they were at the Berlin episodes I think, so only SF and Destiny show up as the upgrade Gundams as IJ and Legend weren't revealed early enough to make it in.

Story goes as far as Berlin. Then it branches.

If you stop Kira from taking out Stella, Minerva blows her up instead and Shinn has to deal with it. There's no Angel Down because no Kira hate on for Shinn to get motivated so Durandal has to leave them alone. Orb does the usual as in series, Kira and Cagalli show up but actually try to assist in wiping out the EA controlled forces in Orb but they fail. Then it's a repeat of the finale of Seed, with EA trying to nuke Plant, and team Kira trying to save everyone. If plant is hit Durandal pulls out Neo Genesis and takes them out before forcing Earth to surrender to him. If Djbril is killed Durandal and Orb make an uneasy peace.

If Kira does take out Stella then Angel Down happens and Kira and co are actually killed. In Orb Gai and Lowe will appear to fight Zaft off instead. Then it branches out into two ends where either Shinn goes full Vader and finishes off Lacus and the EA letting Durandal take full control of the Earth, or Shinn and Minerva realize Durandal was using them to take control and make a break for it, only for Rey to be dispatched to kill them instead.

Athrun disappears after Berlin and either shows up with team Kira in the good ending, or just never shows again in bad ones.

Durandal is revealed to be evil in 3 of the 4 endings with the last just hinting he's untrustworthy. And not even in the series way. There's no Destiny plan, he's just mwahahaha I tricked you fools and want to conquer the world.

All of the ends are refered to as what ifs as the story mode proper ends at Berlin, which was about where Destiny was it when it released.
>>
>>13930890
>Shinn goes full Vader and finishes off Lacus and the EA letting Durandal take full control of the Earth, or Shinn and Minerva realize Durandal was using them to take control and make a break for it, only for Rey to be dispatched to kill them instead.
>Shinn goes full Vader and finishes off Lacus
holy shit
Destiny had a chance to go somewhere
>>
>>13930485
Huh, does anyone know how the english dub was changed?
>>
>>13931867
Just minor changes of wording, not rewriting scenes entirely. Just the translators trying to make it sound a little less stupid yet the cast still were put off by the scripts they were handed.
>>
>>13930402

I honestly really wanted Mu to have legitimately gone down the path of the villain, especially his lines early on that hint that he regrets turning children into super soldiers and serving the Fed

The fact that he was brainwashed and mindwiped kind of soured me on the whole deal even further
>>
>>13932233
>I honestly really wanted Mu to have legitimately gone down the path of the villain
>The fact that he was brainwashed and mindwiped kind of soured me on the whole deal even further
These.
>>
>>13930402
I find it hilarious that scar is the ony thing he has to show from having his MS explode around him, its amazing because they even show him with bandages covering the whole body
>>
>>13930177
>Stargazer was meant to test the waters, seeing if CE fans would take to side-stories like UC fans.If it worked, we would have seen more CE OVA's. But it didn't, and Banrise's fears over the nature of SEEDfans were confirmed.

Good, the last thing the C.E. needed was a host of side stories. C.E. would have ended up like UC with its eternal Zeon uprisings and Zeon remenants that are tougher to kill than cockroaches. Seed/Destiny fans have more grey matter than UC-fags.
>>
>>13933538
The amount of characters that survived exploding mech with minor injuries in Destiny is mind blowing.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.