[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MSGO General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56
File: Amuro+and+Char+have+a+moment.jpg (51 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Amuro+and+Char+have+a+moment.jpg
51 KB, 640x480
>Basic Info
Mobile Suit Gundam Online is a F2P third person shooter set in the Universal Century of the Gundam franchise. The game features massive battles of over 100 players as well as small scale battles 6v6.

NOTE: A VPN is required to play.

>Getting Started
https://sites.google.com/site/msgoenglish/start

>Guilds (Server 1)
Federation: Brightslap
Zeon: NEO-GOONSA, WhitePiggu

>Japanese Wiki (Use Google Translate)
http://gow.swiki.jp/

>I'm having errors when trying to launch the game
Check the EN wiki linked in the "getting started section" to see if a problem you're having has already been debunked
>>
The previous general lasted 22 days. Will this one be even slower, I wonder?

I suppose it really is a fringe game.
>>
>>13929015
How many Eng players do you think we have? I'd say around 100-150 Max. Which is pretty fringe.
>>
>>13929024
I'd say 50 at the most currently.
>>
>>13929031
Does anyone have any recent numbers on total playerbase size? I wonder if it correlates.
>>
File: 1441073731657.gif (487 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1441073731657.gif
487 KB, 200x150
Okay let's find out
http://strawpoll.me/6934920
VOTE IF YOU PLAY MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM ONLINE THANKS :DDDDDDDDDDDDD
>>
File: mmmm.jpg (91 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
mmmm.jpg
91 KB, 1280x720
>>13929166
>most frequent is "nearly everyday"
>no "MSGO is my life" option
>>
>>13929166
Just enough to get pissed off enough to want to through my laptop through a window.
>>
Someone asked about multiple IPs in the previous thread, and - I haven't seen trouble with multiple IP's simply because you will always be connecting through a japanese router node. However, having multiple accounts is apparently frowned upon. Or at least a pal was keeping another pal's account alive while they couldn't play, and it just got deleted without warning. Alas.
>>
>>13929166
Voted daily but it's getting harder and harder due to the ping issues. I swear I get lagged to death by some edgy little Pixie shit every match.

I counted before and most of the team was 2 whole seconds ahead of me when first launching and my PC is quite good.
>>
>>13929490
My Britbong internet is depressing.
Yet I wonder why I play.
>>
>>13929490
Pixies and Hyaku Shikis are really starting to piss me off.
>>
>>13929605
>Pixies
>starting to
They're just too good for the cost.
>>
File: 55555.jpg (4 KB, 126x50) Image search: [Google]
55555.jpg
4 KB, 126x50
>>13929605
>CLANG
>Skips a few frames
>CLANG
>Dead
>Pic related shows up as having killed with a Hyaku Shiki

How many times has happened /msgo/?
>>
>>13929632
It occurs approximately 5 times a match for your average Zeon player.

I do get a lot of satisfaction of managing to shotgun one down myself with one of my Zakus. A small justice, if not a sufficient one.
>>
>>13929252
I figured i was already nearing "dangerously vague differences between options"

The important thing is that you play n_n
>>
File: FUCK.jpg (79 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
FUCK.jpg
79 KB, 960x720
Is this the kind of japanese online game that tracks if you use different IPs?
I used to use SoftEther VPN for Dragon's Dogma Online before they said fuck off to all the gaijins and wanted a permanent IP
I wonder if it's even worth starting this game if that's the case
>>
>>13931093
see >>13929391
and no, I don't think they care about our IP changing and I switch nodes often.
>>
>>13931093
Nothing of the sort has happened for quite a while. I don't see why it would.
Obviously don't make a noise in chat and things will stay dandy.
>>
Has anyone translated the menu for setting up the BGMs? It's pretty simple but some stuff still escapes me.

Also I've decided to get the Tri-Star Zaku II instead of the Ridden Goog. Should I go for Charge Zook or Double Zook?
>>
>>13933644
I recommend double zook because it has stronger anti-air capability. However, the charge zook can certainly rock people's trousers off if you get rocket shooter.

>>13933375
This is kinda important in several ways. For example, speaking english, or even looking foreign seems to draw the bully out of Japanese players. At one point I tried to make suggestions or requests with my clumsy communication abilities like "A -> Z" or "X radar kudasai", but had to stop when players started responding by spamming nonsensical english phrases - especially "OH YEAH!" - whenever I dared to post. I suspected they'd get even more manic if I responded, so I stopped communicating altogether.
>>
>>13933644
Definitely go with the double zook F Type. Other suits will fill your satisfaction for charge zooks. The F type zook rack is a lot better since the buff, and will give variety to your playing style.

Mine isn't even rocket shooter and I get a lot of mileage out of them.
>>
Oh fuck I ranked up into gold bracket and I want to go back. Jesus this is awful.
>>
>>13934102
I think you can get away with doing what they do when they spam "xxxxx" or "yyyyy" When someone is moving a bomb in there or something and nobody seems to notice. I've done it once or twice and said nothing else. I've also had a few JP people jump into my party back before I realized how to make it private and they seemed alright.

Though to be safe, I generally just don't communicate in anything more than the automated quick-emote things.
>>
Just played a Konpeito map where someone was using a Zock. He had a Zaku worker with him who wouldn't heal gun anyone but the Zock. Crazy shit.
>>
>>13933644
W type double zook, max range and aoe. airburst like mad and watch the assist points rolling in, especially if you got the aoe passive.
>>
File: ss_20160228_003310.png (1 MB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
ss_20160228_003310.png
1 MB, 1440x900
Please send hepl I need squadmates I can't Sieg alone. But I can try...

Also didn't know the English people were on the first server, I dumped all my time on the second one, and have a lot of good shit there. :c
>>
>>13935049
Are you online on Shangri-La right now? And also in NEO-GOONSA?
>>
>>13935100
I'm on yes, but no clan, trying to apply to WhitePiggu, NEO-GOONSA is full, my pal got in though. :c
>>
>>13935049
I would play with you anon-kun but I'm going to indulge my inner normie and go out drinking with friends in half an hour.
>>
>>13935111
What's your IG name?
>>
>>13935198
Says on that there photo, Onikujo
>>
File: gelgoog abq.jpg (92 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
gelgoog abq.jpg
92 KB, 612x612
>>13935213
How do I even add friends in this game, anyway? I never got that far. I don't even have internet friends, I guess.
>>
>>13935213
Oh durr. I'm retarded.
>>
>>13935226
Go to their profile, click 'Communication' and I think it's the... third selection? I don't remember.
>>
>>13935226
Uhh. Lemme see if I can make a thing
>>
Debating if I should come back. I missed the Valentine event so I can't get the Haman hair, but that's Zeek only I think and my Zeek's a dood and my Federale is a chick and they got the Belchaka hair...
>>
>>13935316
Uh-huh. I think in this era of progressiveness and liberalism we should be allowed to pick the same premium hairdos for male pilots too. I would completely change my blonde afro for a purple Haman broomhead. It would galvanize my image as a complete Hamanfaggot.
>>
File: ss_20160226_184109.png (2 MB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
ss_20160226_184109.png
2 MB, 1440x900
Giving this up is hard...

I wish I knew the English community was on Shangri-La sooner.
>>
>>13936128
How do the funnels work? Are they fire and forgets?
>>
>>13936153
Lock on like most missiles and then let them all get to the target, then fire.
>>
>>13936153
>>13936193
Pretty much. When a viable target appears on the crosshair, the crosshair turns yellow, and the enemy health bar appears on them. If you right click, your funnels zoom off after them, the enemy gets the funnel warning, and as the funnels start locking on, your funnel bar will fill up. Left click then, and you'll fire your fun fun funnels. There is a significant delay in between triggering and firing, enough that players can use it to avoid the beams by moving in a arcing fashion that is too much for the funnel tracking, but the targets to look for on a Qubeley are the ones who simply do not have the luxury.

Also, one of Qubeley's stronger points is its harassment ability. It can lock on and cause lockon warnings but neglect to fire quite a bit, so my favourite thing to do when I have only 1 shot left is to just trigger warnings and cause enemies to flush out of cover.
>>
>>13936128
For people who mained server 2 and want to play with english players. I would say go with Goonsquad, but we have been holding on for dear life for months now, too many of us have full time jobs, heavy schooling, or just life in general. At most 5 of us would be on at a time. Normally it ususally 2 to 3, and those 2 to 3 are hugely separated by rank, usually 2 golds and 1 bronze. I personally only really squad up with two of my friends in GS. Not even Steparu hops in to play the new updates anymore since December. Hell, I may just joinup with neo-goons in my S1 alt now. He doesn't have a home.
>>
>>13938127
Sounds like Whitepiggu
>>
>>13938127
>>13938147
I think we have in total enough english players on in the evenings to platoon daily. The problem is everyone's scattered, doing their own thing, and most of all, not scheduling or organizing anything. Heck, not even communicating.
>>
Me (Valdemar) and my buddy Vern have been playing pretty regularly. Though I think I just made it to Lieutenant whatever, and am in gold. He's in Bronze. We still play together but some of those games are terribly frustrating desu. Either we get an amazing team, or a team that just does jack shit. If you see me on, say something in chat I'm always down for more squaddies.
>>
I'm on Shangri-La server, my Feddie name is Kaster and my Zeon name is Zanzen, hit me up if you wanna play together. Still getting used to the UI though.
>>
Guess there's no ETA on when the game will be back up huh?
>>
>>13938706
Doesn't seem that way.

>>13938616
The english wiki does a lot to help when it comes to upgrading stats on mobile suits. And the lists for modules and whatnot are pretty accurate and up-to-date
>>
>>13938603
That's the usual rhythm of matchmaking. The good gold players stick together and deploy together and play tryhardly to make sure they win, and the slimiest groups on both sides stream their games in order to show that when one "elite" group is queuing for a game, other "elite" groups do not, to ensure everyone gets to kick scrubs instead of fight eachother.
>>
>>13938725
lol what? Really?

That's some truly slimy ass shit.

Also what's with the Zeon commanders? My buddy got kicked from a game and wasn't able to play for 15 minutes because he refused to suicide run the ship into the enemy base.

Very next game, our ship suicide runs in and dies early, and we lose hard because the enemy ship was still up and pounding the central fight zone(Not sure what it's called. The yellow circle area).

Are they fucking stupid? I don't get it.
>>
>>13938731
>My buddy got kicked from a game and wasn't able to play for 15 minutes because he refused to suicide run the ship into the enemy base.

Did he go commander? If you can't into japanese, you should never do that. If he was just the pilot, then I believe the team/commander had some form of plan for it, which he spoiled.

Refusing to one-sidedly fly a carrier into the enemy base is just stupid. If the carrier is a base, then it's somewhat understandable, but carriers are meant to be suicided to form breakthrough drops. If you decide you know better than the commander whose plan the entire rest of the team is going by, expect to be kicked.

Just don't grandstand. If you can't speak or read Japanese and don't know what's being planned, don't pilot. If you do that, you deserve to be kicked.
>>
>>13938788
No the carrier WAS the base. It was the map where it spawns.

And no, we've never tried to play Commander. I know how badly that would go. But honestly, what plan do these commanders have other than smashing the ship into destruction? From context clues it seemed like the guy wanted him to fly it right into B and get killed.
>>
>>13938794
Fly the ship in, everyone drops down (spawn), ram your ship into theirs so both dies, proceed to attack their base.
>>
>>13938788
I think he meant the carrier bases (B and Y) in the two maps.

>>13938794
In high level play, the best tactic with such carrier bases is a sneak drop, in which the carrier ship goes to the enemy base, drop some goons to hit the ground base, and scoot away while still dropping more goons to kill the enemy carrier pursuing. This means moving the carrier in a position just enough to u-turn in case it gets spotted, and go the long way around to avoid getting detected (as well as the crew to not shoot any of the guns). Especially in the desert map where there are tons of places to sneak and kill their ship without yours, so ground base damage is crucial. In the 08th MS map (the one with the battle area / yellow circle) you can still kill the enemy ship without yours with the help of SFS, although having it alive does hurt bad because of BA control point.
>>
>>13938794
have you seen the chat?
they might be preparing for the drop, thus waiting for spawn at the ship for the pilot to bring them forward.
zeon is actually very good at smashing battleships with the tetras etc.
>>
>>13938794
>>13938807
Right, base carriers are a bigger issue. But it still reiterates the point that you can't go against the will of the majority... or well, a single jap, if you can't communicate, when it comes down to that.

>>13938807
Another good approach is skirting the base and trying to incite a chase between carriers. But the most common strategy is indeed the act of putting all of one's eggs in the same basket and then throwing it at the enemy base in an attempt to flatten it before the enemy can do the same to your own. It's a viable tactic, and at least keeps the games short, but frankly it doesn't make for a very interesting game.
>>
>>13938902
>it doesn't make for a very interesting game.
seeing >>13938725 , I doubt they care.
>>
>>13938902
Yeah, you have a point.

Though we did have an interesting game. Team commander wanted to go "Immediately Nuclear" so we baited them with a nuke half the game in that map with the north and south tunnels. Had the nuke south, pushed north with about 15-20 suits defending south. Managed to win. Was pretty interesting as far as strats go.
>>
File: ss_20160229_180136.png (2 MB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
ss_20160229_180136.png
2 MB, 1440x900
So this is what it means to Zeon, huddle around a repairbot and hide from Pixies...
>>
>>13941181
Feddies think they can get away with that kind of shit just because Zeeks don't get pixies. Then a Gara Zulu/Doga zips around the corner and mows down 4 people with it's fuckhuge melee hitbox
>>
>>13941210
I dunno, I have a Geara and it's not anywhere near a Pixie...
>>
>>13941220
Indeed it is not, as it has something the Pixie lacks: Decent ranged weapons
That being said I am somewhat exaggerating, but holy shit, the melee reach on the Gearas are just crazy big, and the damage is phenomenal.
>>
File: d.jpg (9 KB, 366x52) Image search: [Google]
d.jpg
9 KB, 366x52
hey I just downloaded this and I heard you need a VPN to play since it's region locked, do you have to use VPN when you're installing or just for logging on cause I've been having problems with downloading the game from the patcher

It gives me this warning message and I dunno what the fuck
>>
>>13941181
but isn't that a space map...
>>
>>13941220
smoke grenade the neutral point at game start then sweep the cloud with your melee.
>>
>>13941242
"Do you want to update?"
>>
>>13941242
No, not for installing/updating

Also, I'm getting so salty, I just want to try my Efreet out, but noooo, the moment I spawn Amuro is there and he decides to use MY chest as a shitter.
>>
>>13941237
How does it compare to Gyan Eos'?
>>
>>13941254

ahhh ok cool, I saw some dude playing this on nico and didn't realize it was a thing

is it basically world of tanks with gundams in that the gold shit is OP

do you pick a single gundam and run with that for a long time or is it more like a class game where there's many to pick
>>
Am I just being a whiny baby back bitch, or does Feddie have a few more bullshit-mode MSs than Zeeks right now?
>>
>>13941264
Class-based. And no, not really like WoT. At least even with Silver MSs you can still fuck up Goldies. Your shots won't randomly bounce/do no damage because someone has a 'better' suit.
>>
>>13941270
As far as I can tell, for the Zeeks, the only real BS suit is the Quebely, but I'm not well versed in the stats of it all.
>>
>>13941257
>Gyan Eos'?
Don't have one, wouldn't know.

>>13941270
I think so. Hyaku Shitty is balls to the walls insanely over powered for sure, and Fred Pixie is as insane as its ever been. GP01 has to be like the fastest suit in the game. G3 gets dual Charge Bazookas. Alex is well... Alex. And Gundam unit 4 seems to be infinitely more common on the field than Act Zaku Snipers
>>
File: ohrly.jpg (34 KB, 346x382) Image search: [Google]
ohrly.jpg
34 KB, 346x382
>>13941292

is there a bernie zaku
>>
File: Zaku-vs.-Gundam.jpg (28 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Zaku-vs.-Gundam.jpg
28 KB, 320x240
>>13941328
>bernie zaku
Yeah the zaku II kai is in the game but the end result is the same. Honestly the gold zaku II F is better for the price
>>
>>13941292
And they're getting Zeta Gundam soon™ aren't they? What are we getting?
>>
>>13941361
Yeah but the Heavy is super.
>>
>>13941409
and then there's the heavy FA NT1
>>
>>13941264
there isn't a "tech-tree" progression of some sort, you just use whatever you have. there are no "tier"s and everything is on the same match, with more powerful suits have longer team cost and respawn timer being the drawback.
main difference between this and wot / most other games of that type is that matches being 50 v 50 and respawning system makes it not really noticeable for 1 person to carry / fuck up.

there are "gacha"s for you to roll on containing various prizes but what you use would mostly be random depending on what you get.
>>
Yeah i think it's a fair assessment that we (feds) have a lot of good shit right now. I haven't played with an alex but theres that, the gp01 is in fact the fastest suit in the game with retarded high boost charge. It's fucking ridiculous.

The g3 is awesome and all you have to do is charge zook and you win.

Honestly from the receiving end, the funnels one the quebeley are either one shot kills or fucking joke. I can out strafe them in my gp01, but if I'm in my ~280 cost units they get slaughtered cause they don't have the speed capacity to get away a lot of the time.
>>
>>13941527
Can't you shoot the funnels down? Might be worth it to bring out the head vulcans if so...
>>
>>13941543
I don't know, it's probably worth a try i guess. They move so fast though it's probably not really practical
>>
>>13941270
Feddies might have more top tier suits, but the Gerbera Tetra is the best suit in the game, no question.
>>
>>13941270
You'll say the same thing about Zeon when you're on Federation. This game's balance is garbage if you just want to use suits you like.
>>
>>13941292
I've been meaning to ask actually, are the Act Zaku Snipers much of an improvement on Zaku II or Gelgoogs?

I only ever see them using that ridiculous charge rifle that can mow through a whole corridor but do they also have a basic charge sniper for general use?

50 DX tickets in and haven't even got a rental for it.
>>
>>13941257
He's a noob gushing over a bad melee, don't bother.

Gyan's melee is fast and large, but nacht does the same and better at 300 points.
>>
>>13942124
they don't have the normal charge sniper.
even if it does have it why would you use it over the mega beam launcher when the suit had minimal stat difference while having more cost/respawn time (and less module slot for the quick charge module especially).

i've seem to have said before on one of the previous threads, act zaku/gundam 4 while being the best and most annoying 30k+ damage death machine sniper, isn't an "upgrade" for the gelgoog/zaku 2f and plays a little different.
>>
>>13941393
My money is on Bawoo, but don't get your hopes up.
>>
>>13942279
Bawoo's pretty late game, alas.

I guess we'll get something non-Zeta regardless, simply because of how scarce Neo-Zeon's stage time is in it.
>>
>>13942221
No fun in the Nacht though.
>>
i literally cannot stand the bronze players.....its like they have zero brains...
ALSO
any room in any of the clans? i just rolled a silver gp02 and want to squad up?
>>
so I've used like 3 different VPN and when I try to login it just flashes white and erases my id where did I fuck up
I'm using my email and I got it registered correctly
>>
>>13943477
Mudfish is the only one I got to work for me. Have you tried it?
>>
>>13943411
Rustling up a platoon is probably the best way to deal with the brainlessness. However, it seems difficult. It feels like a lot of people just don't have motivation for it.

Myself included.
>>
>>13943411
Then just play well and get out of Bronze.
>b-but I'm not good enough
>>
how big is the game also?
I think what my login problem is maybe the game still has stuff to update or something, it says 11gb for my folder
>>
File: challenge v3.png (139 KB, 1184x766) Image search: [Google]
challenge v3.png
139 KB, 1184x766
This challenge list is still up to date, correct? Or has a newer one been made recently?
>>
>>13943680
You might have to switch to Jap System time.
When I installed there was a clock related bug that caused patches to infinitely download or something?
Could be wrong/outdated.
>>
>>13943793

no i'm already on jap time
>>
>>13943680
Nah. I just left the game and my folder says it's 11gb.

What VPN are you using? Cause if you say the screen flashes white then that's the "Banned IP" flash. You might have to change what IP your VPN is using, or maybe your VPN isn't properly configured to use a JP IP.
>>
>>13942221
I actually really like my nacht. Go with nothing but the sword and get some good kills in. What does its stealth ability even do? From the machine translation I got, it seems to broadcast a 1km radar jammer of some sort? Or am I reading that wrong?

Also I really like my Efreet Custom with the Halberd. Shit's legit. Bazooka, Shotgun, and a sick melee.
>>
>playing as zeon
all the suits suck just pick earth federation with those high damaging suits and beam spam your way to victory
>>
>>13944253
But how will I make Papa Deikun proud of me if I'm playing as dirty Feddies?
>>
>>13944253
Dood what? Stop being butthurt.

Take a deep breath.

Okay.

Just breathe dood. Breathe.

It's just a game. Calm down.

I mean, at least you're not me. I've been playing for over a year and I still never rank higher then 47, miss shots with a charged sniper rifle, and completely whiff melee attacks.

>>13944270
When they implement friendly fire so you can shoot your allies in the back. That or be butthurt and blown up all the canisters so they can't get any tactical points.
>>
File: ss_20160301_165644.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ss_20160301_165644.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Bronze rank is suffering
>>
>>13944308
Looks like someone didn't CARRY HARD ENOUGH.
>>
Anyone else feel this game would play way differently if they went with a Side Story/Operation Troy style camera? I feel like it'd be a lot more tactical and less chaotic.
>>
>>13944321
I sat there bombing the entrance to the enemy base for a solid 3 minutes, racking up an 18 killstreak but the japs were just to chicken shit to rush the opening I made.
>>
>>13944345
I secretly wish the game stayed GM vs Zaku.
I hope they run a low cost unit event some time soon. The last one was dope.
>>
>>13944348
I notice that too. Japs are way too defensive. The few Ameribros who do try and lead an offensive die pretty quickly cause they're usually completely unsupported. That and sometimes WAY too many medicbots, not enough heavies or assaults.
>>
Exactly what does upgrading Lock on for projectile weapons like MGs change? Does it tighten the area your reticle will stray from the locked target? (That free movement area) or does it add a level of 'auto-aim'?
>>
ahhh I got it working guys thanks for the help
It was a issue with some VPN settings
>>
File: Zanzibar Gunner op.png (511 KB, 1024x593) Image search: [Google]
Zanzibar Gunner op.png
511 KB, 1024x593
Even if we lost, that was pretty fun. 26 kill streak just shooting the shit out of things.
>>
>>13944308
How did you get so good at this while being shit at SDGO?
>>
File: Too much highpower.png (32 KB, 300x135) Image search: [Google]
Too much highpower.png
32 KB, 300x135
>>13944508
Meme Magic
I have a computer that actually works now and Internet speeds faster than 1mb/s
>>
>>13943411
White Piggu has room, the problem is libero is NEVER fucking on and the one guy in the group who CAN invite is unable to

>>13944082
>Efreet Custom with Halberd
That's the Efreet Schneid

>People complaining
Deranked myself to bronze and now back in gold using just 3 Zakus and a Gouf, J, F type (assault), Commander type, and a standard Gouf
>>
>>13944551
I thought the one with daggers was a Schneid?
>>
>>13944082
the stealth ability used to keep you from showing up on enemy radar while it was on, since the stealth radar got put in, it is completely useless, 99% of the time fed's use radar it is the anti stealth radar since it works on everything either way.
>>
>>13944508
Have you played in low bronze? The skill disparity is ridiculous.

>>13941270
You're being a whiny bitch, zeon has plenty of bullshit too
>>
>>13944610
The assault version yes
>>
>>13941270
I'm in gold on both sides, my feddie character basically just cruise controls to wins, the tetra is the only scary zeon suit to run into
>>
File: it's a mystery.png (10 KB, 453x258) Image search: [Google]
it's a mystery.png
10 KB, 453x258
>>13944433
Nobody knows!

Some say it gives an auto-aim effect, others say it increases the range you can lock-on at. I remember one guy saying it didn't literally nothing and there was no discernable difference between base lock-on and maxed lock-on.

But the truth is, we just don't know.
>>
>>13944433
For direct-fire/projectile weapon, lockon stat increases the stiffness of the lock and reduces deviation from the target. It also retains the lock more on sudden/large movements (which also means it's harder/impossible to disengage locks by simply swiping the mouse quickly away from the target).
This ensures hits on close range or high projectile speed weapons while making it impossible to manually lead moving targets on longer range or slow projectile speed weapons, so it's not always beneficial.
Basically, it's good for shotguns and short range machineguns, not so much on beam rifles and zooks depending on how you use them.
>>
What are some good volumes to get from the Gatcha? I'm prone to sniping and support, zookas and the like, anyone got a solid pack to try for?
>>
>>13944977
What side?
>>
>>13944977
I see a lot of zeeks using the Gelgoog J and Feddies using the GP04, I think it was. Gold, of course, for their charge sniper rifle.
>>
>>13945034
Zeek, but I might also get a Fed pack if I am content with my ten rolls for Zeon.

>>13945039
The Gelgoog is nice, but I'm a massive faggot and like suits partially on their looks, and the Gelgoog doesn't do it for me. :c
>>
So im a cis white American that likes gundam

how friendly is this game for me yo playm do I need to know alot of jap to comprehend the game?
>>
I am begging for older units to get their gold only weapons to be available for silvers. Gelgoog M having an FA beam rifle at that cost on a silver is bullshit
>>
File: Hunter of Black Clothes-055.jpg (624 KB, 1084x1677) Image search: [Google]
Hunter of Black Clothes-055.jpg
624 KB, 1084x1677
>>13945061
Why not a Zudah?
>>
>>13944977
I'd recommend against rolling for the jaeger. It's kind of awkwardly big and like the GM sniper II holds a niche it's not that effective at. The best dedicated, no frills sniper is probably the 30 ticket exchange sniper unit. 260 cost means the respawn time is good, has decent module counts, has both the ammo box and the standard type F rifle.

The best suit for using the charge sniper rifle is the Zaku II sniper / Gm sniper custom. They have a decent loadout both and enough module slots to equip a level 3 charge module. If you want a mid ranged sniper with good stats you're going to want the 50 ticket sniper. The federation definitely got the better deal here, with a built in saber and a special module. The zaku gets a megalla though, which is nice. Another option is the Hizack Custom.

4th/Act sniper are also available choices but I don't have a lot of fun playing 4th. You just end up spamming your beams down chokepoints mostly, or hiding behind buildings to instagib people.
>>
>>13945081
Is this today's "I don't want to hear that from you thread?"
>>
>>13945081
I see, solid advice, thank you. I wasn't too fond of the Hizack on my other account honestly, but maybe that's me.

But still, I need a good volume, I got gatcha tickets and can never decide which to roll.
>>
It's been a long time since the last time I played. Are we still getting these GS tickets or should I just go ahead and roll these 2 once the servers are back up?
>>
How long is the maintenance? Or is it something else?
>>
>>13945206
Maintenance is every Tuesday and it lasts almost 8 hours.
>>
File: fhnfghjg.png (51 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
fhnfghjg.png
51 KB, 200x200
>>13945214
8 HOURS?! NOW HOW DO I WASTE TIME!?
>>
File: sleep forever.png (221 KB, 600x425) Image search: [Google]
sleep forever.png
221 KB, 600x425
>>13945217
>>
File: 33_test-v01b.jpg (379 KB, 659x1000) Image search: [Google]
33_test-v01b.jpg
379 KB, 659x1000
>>13945219
That is too much sleep, I have things to do. Like... work.
>>
>>13945182
There is an event going on right now, GS tickets drop like crazy
>>
>>13945217
Have you tried Erp?
>>
>>13945258
What do you think I do with the rest of my time.
>>
>>13945275
Uh go to work and be a productive member of society
>>
>>13945282
>mfw a normal was this close to me
>>
Servers are back up. Quick, everyone get in!
>>
>>13945474
N-no they aren't?
>>
>>13944253
>playing as feddie
all the suits suck just pick principality of zeon with those high damaging suits and beam spam your way to victory
>>
Which Geara Doga melee has the largest hitbox? I actually own a gold one.
>>
>>13945713
Geara Doga only have 1 melee weapon
>>
Nothing big for this update
Daily challenge rewards drop from 7 to 5, earn a DX ticket also. Victory bonus gain 1 bonus from a victory: More GP, pilot exp, +5 container unlock, or rare item chance.
>>
Fuuuck I just got a 10 gatcha also before it went down I wanna BUILD STUFF FOR ZEON.
>>
File: 1456828879a.jpg (66 KB, 720x212) Image search: [Google]
1456828879a.jpg
66 KB, 720x212
>>13944379
apparently, there will be one later this month.
https://msgo.bandainamco-ol.jp/member/support/letter.php
>>
>>13945726
Blue Doga has 4 different beam sabers actually
>>
>>13946558
Well their is also a regular Geara Doga, but D-type has a Full circle swing like Shin's gelgoog J.
>>
>>13944082
>>13944636
If you are a noob, at least. That's why you use stealth sparingly, and if you intend to rat with it, you first make runs destroying radars, and hunting down the supports placing them.

Or then you use nachts to hunt. It goes like this: you first go into a familiar area where you know you'll find radars. You follow the bips, kill the radar, and then "pop" the stealth by activating and deactivating it quickly. Since you've already presumably killed all radar coverage in the sector, you'll note that since you activate your stealth you'll leave their map, but deactivating stealth doesn't re-reveal you. Then you get a separate location with a good view, and see if someone comes to snoop. If not, you continue to the next radar and repeat. Finally, once you've cleared a path far enough to the enemy base, you can start considering actual ratting.

If you intend to rat, though, you really need to bring grenades. The Nacht is purposefully weaker than the Fred in this regard, as the Fred has impact grenades, which are far, far more convenient for destroying mines invariably scattered on the doorways and floors of bases.
>>
>>13945068
This, this so fucking hard. The Gelgoog Marine is fucking incredible. Is there anything like it with a similar cost on Federation?
>>
>>13946727
Almost all Fed assault suits above the 260 treshold get beam weapons, and they benefit of the same boost that made google marina viable. The difference is in that these suits generally have a far smaller body profile. To count some out: GM WD, GM Custom, GM II Semi-Striker and GM Command have single-shot beamers, GM Cannon II - which was the mirror unit to googly m - has a FABR, Qubeley shoulder cannons/beam magellas and a beam-coated shield at silver while being the same 280 cost, and GM Assault Late Type gets a high-ROF 3-burst beamer and a single-shot standard beamer. From thereon suits move on to 300-point territory or other classes.
>>
>>13946629
Are the stun daggers worth taking on the Nacht? I've been running with nothing but the D-type sword on my silver Nacht and getting decent results. But of course I could always be doing it wrong.
>>
>>13946987
They're fun toys, and they can work out when a pixie is trying to come straight at you. They are, however, hard to hit. Expect to be forced to practice tons before you get it right.
>>
>>13946987
The biggest strength is that people dont usually expect them.
>>
>>13944280
I literally couldn't play if friendly fire was a thing. I zook everything all day long.
>>
File: minebase.jpg (36 KB, 317x205) Image search: [Google]
minebase.jpg
36 KB, 317x205
What are everyone's favorite and least favorite maps?

I fucking love Odessa Mine Base and Taklamakan Ruins makes me want to kill myself.
>>
>>13944280
I like to use my bad karma to sink my teams. I try my hardest and my team will still always lose, so if I play for Feds, it'll be like reverse-losing!

At least that's what I tell myself when I cry myself to sleep.
>>
>>13947573
It's not like you'd hit anyone anyways, what with your American lag.
>>
>gold blueprints cost 5 million fed dollars
This shit is unacceptable. The upgrade from silver to gold doesn't justify the massive increase in cost.
>>
>>13948155
That's why gold suits are acquired primarily by DX gacha. Events notwithstanding, being inferior suits as they are, except for the past Rick Dias/Marasai one.
>>
>>13948176
Thats kind of fucked but I can understand why they do it.
>>
>>13947817
I like maps that start you you off with a battle ship, specifically the version that isn't in the desert. Antarctic base is the worst map in the game and I hope they never bring it back ever.
>>
>>13948203
Antarctic is, sadly, one of the most rotated maps. If not the most. There's no way they'll pack it away, because it's the one map they feel satisfied with.

>>13948179
Yeah. If you play daily with your character, and more actively during events, you can expect to roll one DX super roll every month. If you want more, or if you want to play less and still get to roll, you have to put money forward.

I am told you can save 5mill quickly too, in matter of a month, but for that you have to play relatively actively, especially during events, and more importantly buy, build or upgrade nothing. Just use what you have and put every cent you get on saving towards 5 mill, with no deviation.

For me, it keeps being impossible due to new suits piling up, and usable parts. I'm too dependant on them, I think.
>>
>>13948213
>because it's the one map they feel satisfied with.
Really? But why?
>>
>>13948228
Because they're awful people.
>>
>>13948213
I'm out of useful gold BPs to build and I don't build silver anymore so I've bought two gold BPs with GP already.
>>
>>13948064
Jokes on you. English lag. It's even worse.
>>
>>13948763
You poor, poor soul.

Well, don't worry. When Trump wins the election and becomes President of America, he'll nuke the Earth and Earth will nuke us, so there won't be anything to worry about.
>>
>>13943639 usually in the top 15, dont understand why i cant leave bronze..i mean..im apart of more losses than wins.
>>
>>13946099
>280 cost or lower
Pixies, pixies everywhere with WD guncannons. A great day to be feds.
>>
File: ss_20160302_185202.png (2 MB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
ss_20160302_185202.png
2 MB, 1440x900
What is this and is it good?

/clueless Zeek pilot playing Fed
>>
>>13949542
Cute waifu. You probably should have given her the event hairstyle though.
>>
>>13949560
I only just started this profile, so yeah nah no special hair for me
>>
>>13949542
Armored GM, feds version of Dom. No Dom tier Baz but instead they have a normal shotgun
>>
>>13949563
Tragic. Maybe next event, eh?
>>
File: Color Bands.png (233 KB, 507x329) Image search: [Google]
Color Bands.png
233 KB, 507x329
What do the color bands across people's names mean? Green with black seems to be newbie? But what are the others and how are they earned?
>>
>>13949645
Bronze, Silver, Gold. Relates to their rank/"skill level."
>>
>>13949656
Uhh. Which is which? I guess Black/Green is Bronze
>>
>>13949726
No, bronze is bronze. Gold is gold colored and not pictured.
>>
>>13949726
just look at the pilot rank emblems, the non-solid ones are fresh from tutorial
>>
So I played Feddie for the first time.

My first MS was a fucking asshole with homing rockets on the back, some long-range semi-auto laser sniper with zero recoil, and a fucking beam shotty.

I only got 20th on the team in my first match with real players out of the rank 5 training sets with nothing but RX-78 rental, that MS, and a Guntank.

Anyone who says Feddies aren't broken is lying to themselves. Feddie is ez mode.
>>
File: 9.jpg (63 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
9.jpg
63 KB, 600x337
>>13949982
this one?

it's actually one of the better suits when it's first released, until it went obsolete by the likes of guncannon 2. recent beam rifle buff helps it get back up, but otherwise still underused compared to the guncannon 2, heavy gundam, hizack custom, etc.
>>
>>13949982
The sheer balance, and I mean actual balance, that most feddies have is fucking ridiculous. They're near impossible to stagger or knock down in 90% of cases.
>>
File: 1ST.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1ST.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
best score so far
>>
>>13929015
Remember the Nina thread from last summer?
>>
>>13950147
There's a two year old thread on /wsg/ and a three year old thread on /u/. The thread in /wsg/ is auto-saging though, but the one on /u/ isn't.
>>
Think we'll see this sometime after the zeta stuff?
>>
Tell me /m/ what's a good free JP VPN I can use because am poorfag.
>>
>>13950463
Just
Get
Mudfish

Ten bucks will last you literally six years of playtime. Okay, maybe NOT six years exactly but close enough.

As to the ten bucks, just don't eat at McDonalds for two days. BOOM! Now you have ten buckarinos.
>>
>>13950471
I asked for a free JP VPN because I can literally not get mudfish as much as I want to right now because of complicated reasons, sorry /m/ but I have to poorfag harder.
>>
>>13950478
Try Softether then man
>>
>>13949982
Keep telling yourself that.
>>
>>13950510
I heard talk about accounts getting banned through free public VPNs, I wonder if SoftEther gets the same treatment. I'll try it anyhow with a disposable account first.
>>
>>13950563
>>13950478
If you're having such money issues that you can't spend 10 dollars, perhaps instead of playing video games you should be focusing on improving your living arrangement? If that means getting a better job, more hours or just selling things you don't need.
>>
>>13950579
Posts like these always make me laugh.
>>
>>13950579
It's actually not a money issue and more of a "I can't buy things/spend money online" issue because of a bank fuck-up. I want to play MSGO but if there really is no other free VPN alternative then I guess I'll have to wait until this shit gets cleared up.
>>
>>13949542
It is good. Maximize boost recharge though.

The main perks are the bazooka, shotgun, shield and speed. However, your melee is worse than most Fed suits due to Dom-ism.

Also, this suit is relatively cheap for its quality.
>>
Not sure what I should be putting on my White Dingo GM. Module wise, that is. I have the Beam Shooter passive, so I gave him a Beam Spray Gun M Type, and the strongest Beam Saber. I seem to recall what I was going to do with him was use the beam spray to KD people, then switch to the beam saber to melee them. So I guess quick switch module? But then what else should I put on it?
>>
>>13950854
Thats exaclty what I did with mine, put the level two fast switch module on it and it seems to be alright. Really cant seem to find any use for it now tho since the U.C. 93 update. Good luck with yours.
>>
>>13950215
Didn't at one point somebody find the oldest thread on all of 4chan and hundreds of people showed up to post? It was like a four year old thread on some deadboard.
>>
>>13948176
There are a shit ton of good event suits
>>
>>13949982
Beam shooter doesnt effect shotguns.
>>
Texas Colony is such an awful map. It feels like they put it in every fuckin week.
>>
>>13951982
I used to feel the same way. But it's really grown on me.
>>
>>13951829
So?

also why is my auto-aim dead on perfect for all the Feddie suits? But Zeon sways like a motherfucker?

This legitimately kind of annoys me with how easy this is.
>>
>Pixie is a GS Roll MS

Fucking seriously?
>>
>>13952048
Guess you're more adept to it than me. Feels like a fuckin congo line. Kill someone get backstabbed by a Nacht or a Pixie.
>>13952385
Why wouldn't it be?
>>
>>13949982
I agree, feddie is fucking ez modo on lower levels when zeek players are fucking retarded.
>>
>>13952048
>it's really grown on me.
the only thing i like about that map is stalking the halls in center for easy melee kills. even heat hawks are deadly there.
>>
>>13952255
Because monoeye is objectively terrible.
>>
File: 38303.jpg (92 KB, 864x664) Image search: [Google]
38303.jpg
92 KB, 864x664
>>13952255
hitbox
>>
>>13946099
too bad it's just a timed tournament event, not a whole week deal like before.
won't be having the time to join in.
>>
Got the FA-78-2 Heavy Gundam and it is a bae, I think I found my standard Feddie suit!
>>
>>13952879
this desu sempai. zeek suits are just pigfat targets. That's why your autoaim feels better.
>>
File: VICTORY FOR ZEON.png (523 KB, 1049x598) Image search: [Google]
VICTORY FOR ZEON.png
523 KB, 1049x598
So why does every little bump and scrape knock my MSs to the ground, but Feddie MSs never seem to even be bothered by a charged zook shot?

On the flip side of that, the Efreet Schneid, even the silver one I have at level 35 is tons of fun.
>>
>>13953544
>>13953553
Why bother censoring the names? It's not like we're gonna hop in and harass those folks. Just be stressing your head over a whole lotta nothing, I think.

And are you sure you're suits are properly upgraded and have good modules? Chances are you're fighting folks who've stocked up on the anti-stagger stat and modules. And does your charged zook suit have the rocket shooter passive?

But I've seen it happen plenty of times. Shoot someone with a charged zook, they get KD'd. I switch to the Stromfaust and blast 'em while they're down.
>>
>>13953544
>>13953553
Ayy if your gonna post a "fixed" pic you better delete the other. And as a feddie/zeek player I always get knock down by zooks even my MkII gets fucked up by zaku heavy F types. Just try getting your hands on a based gelgoog ground type and use the charged br, almost all feddie suit get knock down from it, except Hyaku Shiki and most new suits. Just stop complaining and use a suit that compliments your skills.
>>
>>13953553
>So why does every little bump and scrape knock my MSs to the ground, but Feddie MSs never seem to even be bothered by a charged zook shot?
because nips can't balance games for shit
>>
>>13953567
Yeah I posted the first one normal, I dunno. I've seen people censor their stuff and some not. Was just deciding to play it safe.

But yeah, maybe my modules aren't right. What is the Anti-stagger stat? Is that the load limit one?

>>13953574
Ehh. Just a little frustrating at times is all. I want that Gelgoog. I have an M currently, and once I roll a gold Efreet Schneid I'll be looking for the Ground Type.
>>
>>13953595
積載量 Load capacity, yeah. Though it was nerfed a while back so it's not AS vital as it used to be. Still, it never hurts to have as much as you can afford to toss on, as it does let you equip more on your suit without getting any negative modifiers.
>>
>>13953595
censored stuff probably weren't oc and comes from random jp imagehosts (like mmoloda) or bbses.
>>
>>13953595
Yeah the whole game is frustrating most of if not all the time. I just try to stay calm when the shit hits the fan. But they just threw the Ground Type on the GS gashakon if that helps, kind of doesn't sense you barley get any GS ticket drops. Good luck on that gold roll haven't had anything good in sometime.
>>
>>13953646
What stats do you propose prioritizing then? I've mostly done boost speed, duration, and recharge. With some in Armor and load if it's a gold and I have some space left. I mostly ignore recall because while I can see I've used it in a useful manner a few times, it just doesn't seem worth putting tickets into.
>>
>>13953663
Honestly depends on the suit. Some suits are slow no matter how much you pour into boost speed. So it makes sense for slower heavy suits to not put too much into speed and go more for armour and recharge. But suits like the Kampfer, Zudah, Doms, certain Zakus and Gelgoogs, you wanna pour into speed to help with early base rushes or just general harassment. In fact, I recall some mentioning always having a max Speed Dom with the 40k zook for suicide rushing bases. Though I can't recall now which Dom specifically it was.
>>
So, did they remove tickets from the post game drops or have I just gotten terrible luck so far? No tickets of any kind at all today.
>>
Besides the Gelgoog J, is there any Gelgoog with a charge beam rifle?
>>
>>13953873
have you look at any of the heavy class
>>
File: img_5.jpg (79 KB, 459x500) Image search: [Google]
img_5.jpg
79 KB, 459x500
>>13953873
Theres a couple that have them, early type Gelgoog heavy, Gelgoog Cannon, and the Gelgoog Ground Type. There all available for silver suits too.

The only one Of the Gs I have is the ground type and its pretty damn good, have it with the type F cbr.
>>
>>13953955
I have not, no. Thanks.

>>13953959
Looking at it now. I might try for a Land Combat type. Thanks anon. Besides the CBR what other weapons you running on it? Arm gatling? Arm Grenade launcher? ... The MMP-80?
>>
>>13953983
Right now I have the large br F type with the arm grenade "exploding bullet?" F type. That combination of weapons is good for picking people you knocked down with the charged br.
Probably my fav goog but still don't have a gold
>>
Easily my best game yet.

I think what gave me the most was getting a good number of anti-sniper kills with my Zaku II Sniper.
>>
What is this zaku event thing going on?
>>
File: 1457081079a.jpg (88 KB, 519x241) Image search: [Google]
1457081079a.jpg
88 KB, 519x241
>>13954296
the zaku thing goes on wednesday after the next maintenance, at 1800, 2100, and 2400 jp time
http://msgo.bandainamco-ol.jp/event/20160309a/

>>13949414
>tfw it's actually on the event's banner
>>
>>13953694
>Speed Dom with the 40k zook
40k Zook???
>>
>>13954171
I've been thinking about putting a sniper into my deck, but then I look at my other MSs and decide not to. If I grab a Gelgoog Sniper I might though.
>>
>>13954171
Good luck. You'll get to top 5 yet.

If anything, learn to gauge the airburst distance of your Zaku II's F-type charge bazooka, and then start using that on sniper positions or other obvious cover locations. That's good points.
>>
File: 40k zook.jpg (148 KB, 947x843) Image search: [Google]
40k zook.jpg
148 KB, 947x843
>>13955874
SOLOMON! I HAVE RETURNED
>>
>>13955892
I'd be satisfied with top 20, honestly.

I'll give trying to learn that airburst distance a shot, have any pointers?

>>13955882
I got the Zaku II S Type from the daily ticket exchange shop. Sadly I didn't get the Weak Shooter passive. Still it's got a charged sniper rifle and even with only a Quick Charge 1 module it still charges up fairly quick. Then whatever it hits but doesn't kill it almost always knocks down so I switch to the 135mm Rifle Type M to finish the poor guy off.

But for most Feddie snipers just the charged sniper rifle alone does the job, I noticed.
>>
>>13954853
I remember the last year's event. In fact, it's almost an exact year from it, I think. It was less Pixies, because it was water maps all the time to facilitate Water Gundam superiority.

It was a complete fuckjob. They made it as certain as possible that Zeon would be disadvantaged in that measure. Gold tier was nothing but Water Gundams. Silver and bronze were a little better simply because the lower tier players didn't have full decks of those shitters, but they still flooded the game with Aqua GM assaults. This was fuckery enough since it's the one thing Zeon doesn't get - a non-DX assault water unit, made worse by the broken hand anchor.
>>
>>13956003
Just go find an open area, eyeball a landmark, and fire at it. Move to adjust hit. Then try to "walk" with it, occasionally testing the distance. Once you feel confident enough, locate a chokepoint position or other frequently occupied point, and start bombarding it.

I recommend using charge bazooka F and magella F as they have identical range. Also, be careful of your allies cutting through your line of fire. They like to do that, and cause you to eat your own explosion.
>>
>>13956061
Marine Zakus are amazing though. I loved every moment of it.
>>
>>13956076
>Also, be careful of your allies cutting through your line of fire.
That happens a lot. Even without using a zook I'm always shooting my comrades in their backs. I guess it's good for them that friendly fire is off. Cause I'd have the high score without a doubt.
>>
>>13954853
The zaku event looks amazing, too bad its on a wednesday. Both zeon and feds are given mirror suits of zakus so it all comes down to the group of players
>>
File: Screenshot 2016-03-04 15.34.09.png (760 KB, 971x603) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2016-03-04 15.34.09.png
760 KB, 971x603
>>13954853

Can anyone translate what the rewards are gonna be? Like I can tell the 8 wins one is a DX ticket but what about the others?
>>
>>13956620
First 3 looks like those sellable for GP briefcase items and i am guessing the 6 one is master ticket
>>
>>13956665
Nigga, how do you see a master ticket if the wording is the same as the DX minus the DX part
>>
>>13956714
So it's.... Not a DX ticket. It's a regular Geshapon ticket?
>>
>>13956665
Yup. The runes match up. It's the same as what you get from the daily geshapon.
>>
What's this MU-ERROR I'm seeing?

Anyone else have it?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 56

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.