[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is this true ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10
File: 1241.png (194 KB, 430x324) Image search: [Google]
1241.png
194 KB, 430x324
is this true ?
>>
>inb4 that one fag that claims killing Garma doesn't count because he always planned to do that
>>
Yes.
Killing Garma doesn't count because he was never loyal to the Zabis.
>>
>>13920011
Yes
>>13920017
Dumb bastard had it coming.
>>
>>13920011
I think this line's more indicative of the fact that Char has never really served anyone other than himself and his own ideologies, so in that, yes, it is true.
>>
>>13920029
No it doesn't fucking work like that. If you join a military, you're swearing allegiance to its leaders. If you kill them, you are BY DEFINITION a traitor. Whether you planned to do it from day one is irrelevant to that fact.
>>
>>13920017
To be fair, does not following someone to their death qualify as a betrayal? While Char didn't do anything to save Garma, I remain unconvinced that there was much to be done.
>>
>>13920051
What? He sabotaged his plane.
>>
>>13920061
Is that what it was? It's been a while since I've watched the original, but what I remember iwas something to do with intercepting communications so Garma couldn't call for backup when Char let him walk into what he knew was a trap.
>>
>>13920070
Char discovered where White Base was, where it was laying in ambush, and then directed Garma into its line of fire with the intention of White Bases's ambush killing Garma. Which it did.
>>
>>13920050
Someone actually took my bait despite this post >>13920017

I'm impressed.
>>
>>13920050
It doesn't count if you were crossing your fingers behind your back.
It's their fault for enlisting weird shady men wearing masks in the first place.
>>
>>13920070
>>13920082
Rewatching the scene now.

So, he keeps Garma in the Gaw and goes out himself - this does put Garma in a bad spot, but Garma himself insists on destroying White Base with the Gaw after they're located. He then tells Garma to go forward without warning him that White Base is in the stadium, leading to the ambush.

Perhaps his technicality is that Garma wasn't part of his chain of command? Or, that he, as Casval, never swore to serve anyone.
>>
>>13920105
>yfw Tominoa is actually a retard and that's really what's going on.
>>
>>13920011
Yes. How can a man with such haircut lie?
>>
>I'm morally righteous because I was never loyal to you Zabis in first place so that totally doesn't count as betrayal

Does everyone forget this is simply Char's manchildren logic? Why must you all be so obtuse?
>>
>>13920105
Yep, and it wasn't that he just neglected to mention the ambush either. Char knew what would happen. It was his goal, afterall. He had done something similar earlier in the series too, when Garma had gone out in a Dopp to fight the Gundam. While Char was waiting on the Gaw, watching the fight, Char went and unplugged the communication system on the bridge. So when Garma got into a tight spot and started calling for back-up, the Gaw didn't receive it, and almost got Garma killed.
>>
>>13920011
It's not true by most people's standards, but Char honestly believes it, which is indicative of the way Char thinks. He's so wrapped up in masks and lies that the mental gymnastics required to say that a betrayal doesn't count are second nature to him.

Ultimately, as >>13920045 said, the only person Char has ever really served is himself.
>>
>>13920093
This is /m/ anon
We would jump at a Gundam sized mousetrap if you put a copy of A/Z on the bait
>>
>>13920011

From a third-party stand point, he most definitely did. Garma and Kycilia are top two.

However if you look it from Char's view and understand just what kind of delusional pedophile asshole he really is, then you'd try to justify your questionable actions as being done for the greater good and there for not "really" betrayal.

Don't trust Char.
>>
File: char.png (373 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
char.png
373 KB, 640x480
>>13920114
>>13920120
>>13920261
Why so negative?
What's wrong with getting rid of some subhumans?
>>
One of these days I'm going to have to screenshot that scene in 0079 where Char briefly muses about how kind of regrets betraying his own men before leading them to get jumped Amuro in that final battle with Garma. If only so we'll finally get an answer to this nonsense straight from the horses mouth and lay this whole thing to rest.
>>
File: char in one sentense.jpg (88 KB, 640x407) Image search: [Google]
char in one sentense.jpg
88 KB, 640x407
>>13920382
>>
Char betrayed everyone. His life is just a string of betrayals, one after another. When he says this line, he's lying to himself. He's really a very dishonest person.
>>
File: pure.jpg (47 KB, 893x482) Image search: [Google]
pure.jpg
47 KB, 893x482
>>13920497
>>
>>13920608

That's supposed to look like Lalah flying towards the viewer in a dress of golden light, but it looks more like she's opened a portal from Newtype heaven into normal space and is peeking out
>>
>>13920612
Probably, watching for the world from Gundam Valhalla is like watching a tv show.
>>
>>13920631

Only you can actually enact the fantasy of poking your head in and yelling at the dumbasses in the TV show. So it's better!
>>
>>13920612
Damn you.Now I can't stop seeing it.
>>
No, it's a self-rationalization that he isn't at fault
>>
>>13920641
If part of Char's soul was trapped in the Sazabi's cockpit and became part of Full Frontal, does that mean that Char have spent few Valhalla years as a vegetable?
>>
File: grape.jpg (946 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
grape.jpg
946 KB, 1280x960
>>13920011
Yes. Nobody who says that could ever have betrayed anyone.
>>
>>13920011

No. He betrayed Garma who trusted Char as a friend. I'm sure there was other stuff he did, too.

I don't understand how he rose to power in CCA or how Frontal got by on just looking like him. Char is like the of Donald Trump for spacenoids.
>>
>>13920011
whoever deny the betrayal was the actual betrayer themselves.
just like the person who accused someone stupid was the actual stupid by themselves, just saying.

as in >>13920045, it was true. Char think of his own perspective & according to himself, he was damn right on his ideals & "never betray anyone".
anyway, it's a moot point as things will be heavily depends on perspective. & of course such situation usually leads to many possible complications.

as for Garma, it's actually his own misfortune of his birth. he should expect it coming. same for Kycilia
>>
>>13920011
From his point of view it was, and that's what matters here.
>>
>>13920011
I've never done good things, I've never done bad things. I've never done anything outta the blue.
>>
>>13920011
Char has his own definition for many words.
>>
>>13920011
Traditional morality is an artificial social construct.No one person is by nature obliged to any other in any way.
Why is that so hard to understand?
>>
Wasn't that a poor translation?

Doesn't the line really read something like "I was never on anyones side to betray" in retort to Haman claiming he had betrayed Axis Zeon
>>
File: tfw father died.png (91 KB, 348x256) Image search: [Google]
tfw father died.png
91 KB, 348x256
>>13921655
You know damn well you're not supposed to be trying to sleep with prepubescent girls, Cassie.
>>
File: 1443391148353.jpg (115 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
1443391148353.jpg
115 KB, 900x600
>>13921098
Someone should make a Char Trump edit.
>>
>>13921655

No matter how much you think morality isn't a real thing, it still speaks volumes about a person's trustworthiness and compassion. If you can't trust a nigga to not shoot you in the back, you should be able to reason that you shouldn't invest in him as a person.
>>
>>13920050
Nope actually you are wrong.
>>
>>13920050
Spotted the military lap dog.
>>
>>13922364
It's a matter of priorities though you'd have to be quite the freak if not getting shot in the back is not your first priority.
I admit if I had to put up with his shit in real life I'd hate him but isn't that a pretty self-centered way of thinking?All humans are inherently selfish, not just Char.
Yes,he is kind of a monster.I just don't like it when people make him out to be petty, malicious and just kind of mean.Aren't they completely missing the point?
>>
>>13922442
>I just don't like it when people make him out to be petty, malicious and just kind of mean

Gee maybe that's because he is
>>
Killing Garma doesn't count because Garma would have fucking died against Gundam anyways. Char expedited his death, maybe, but Garma was fucked the minute he stepped in range of White Base
>>
File: 19a.jpg (50 KB, 639x513) Image search: [Google]
19a.jpg
50 KB, 639x513
>>13920050

so, do i smell a traitor?
>>
>>13921098
>Space Trump
>not Space Che
Please
>>
>>13922533
>Killing Garma doesn't count because Garma would have fucking died against Gundam anyways.

Besides "muh plot armor" there is no basis for this argument. White Base was down and would've been annihilated had Garma's forces been told its exact location and White Base not have gotten the drop on them.

Not only is Char responsible for Garma's death, he actually takes the credit and relishes his death. Furthermore, the destruction of White Base and the Gundam probably would have won the war in Zeon's favor had Char not fucked Garma over.
>>
File: anti-spiral_Lalah.jpg (18 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
anti-spiral_Lalah.jpg
18 KB, 620x350
>>13920612
I know that feeling.
>>
File: 1455648614807.jpg (41 KB, 340x460) Image search: [Google]
1455648614807.jpg
41 KB, 340x460
>>13921098
>donal trump
>>
>>13920011
The only person in the solar system Char cares about is himself.

The guy is a classic fucking psychopath. He manipulates and snake charms everyone. He has no loyalties.

Which is why I kinda like him.
>>
>>13920011
I'll say one thing for Char:

At least he didn't bang Garm's waifu after stabbing him in the back.
>>
>>13922442
It could be that people do that because Char actually is petty, malicious and just kind of mean. None of that makes him a bad character: far from it. Char is very enjoyable to watch precisely because of everything he does to hide what a monster he really is both from others and himself.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.