[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm in the middle of Ultraman Ginga S, and I can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7
I'm in the middle of Ultraman Ginga S, and I can't get over how good it is. I've written off the new Ultra shows and movies for years, just about all of them shameless toy commercials and plugs for "newer betterer Ultramen." Hell, Ginga was flat out awful. But somehow S comes along and, despite obviously being used to sell toys, delivers good characters, very impressive effects, good pacing that never leaves you bored, and fantastic fight scenes.

I'm on episode 5, and right now my only real complaints are that I hate that they keep reusing the same old monsters as always, the loner Ultraman thing is a bit played out, and the MV is kinda just there so far. Everything else has been amazing, though.
>>
Sho isn't so much of a loner, but more like socially naive (especially as he's literally from underground) and naturally pissed off given the history between them and humans..

That said, you should check out Ultraman X. It's available to stream on Crunchyroll, and is also very good (and handles its toy promotions a lot better than expected.) Great music and sound editing, very visually appealing, and has some original monsters too.
>>
Hell yeah. Ginga S is surprisingly amazing. It has a great story, a good villain, awesome fights, and 3 great new kaiju (Shepardon, 5 King, and Vict Lugiel). I'm probably in the minority here, but I preferred it to X.
>>
I didn't give Ginga S a chance because Ginga was such white hot garbage. Is it really that much better? Seems kinda dubious.
>>
>>13916530
It honestly is. It really isn't saying much, but it's the best Ultra series since Mebius
>>
>>13916530
I don't know how, but they took the ideas from the crap of Ginga and X, and molded it into something far superior. It's not the best series, but it's damn good.
>>
>>13916554
*Zero, not X
>>
>>13916554
were the writers different?
>>
>>13916564
No idea, but it has to be. Everything I've hate about Zero, Ginga, and all that was entirely reversed, minus the lack of new kaiju.
>>
>>13916572
While the lack of new kaiju was disappointing, and they did reuse a lot of previously used ones, I liked how the writers buffed the kaiju up.
>>
>>13916576
It was definitely nice to see them feel like threats again. The last time Gudis was actually a threat was in Mebius.
>>
>>13916626
Golza was a great example of this. After years of being Red King 2.0, he finally becomes a massive threat.
>>
>>13916649
I'm on episode 8 now, and Exceller has just become a top tier villain. God damn, he really knows how to make shit real.
>>
File: EUGHGHghhh.png (795 KB, 946x530) Image search: [Google]
EUGHGHghhh.png
795 KB, 946x530
>>13916657
Such an upgrade from Ginga, where the only real entertaining villain was, like, Valky.
>>
>>13916675
>Spends the first few episodes chilling
>Doesn't fret about losses, and despite warning his lackies about failure, doesn't mind it too much
>Master plan kicks in
>Goes balls-out and raises unholy hell on the heroes
>Calm demeanor disappears and goes full on psychopath

God damn, he's a LOT better than recent villains like Belial. Hell, he's the best villain since the Four Heavenly Kings and Enpera.
>>
>Watching ultraman
>>
File: why.png (868 KB, 939x527) Image search: [Google]
why.png
868 KB, 939x527
>>13916696
>>
>>13916696
Wanna fucking go, cuntnugget? I will fucking fight you.
>>
>>13916701
Chill out, dickwad.
>>
>>13916751
I will Specium Ray you, you fuck.
>>
File: 01.jpg (62 KB, 560x840) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
62 KB, 560x840
>>13916493
I preferred Ginga S to X in some ways, but mainly because of the ending. Ginga S' ending was incredibly satisfying, while X's ending was rather mediocre (possibly because it's saving itself for the upcoming movie.)
The main issue for both of the series, especially Ginga S, was that it simply wasn't long enough to get the full development it needs. Doesn't help that the shows don't fully pick up until mid-way, too.

Also, Victory has the sexiest Ultraman design. God fucking damn 10/10. The host himself is pretty cool, too.
>>
File: 49554615_p0.jpg (415 KB, 827x1169) Image search: [Google]
49554615_p0.jpg
415 KB, 827x1169
>>13916760
>The main issue for both of the series...
There was also the issue of Taro being wrong in Ginga S.
>hurr Ultraman can only last 3~ minutes because it's how much the human body can take
fuck off Taro
>>
Someone needs to upload some Ginga S fights. they're super good
>>
>>13916417
It's pnly good because it's not Ginga, X is much better. Hikaru isnt really a good character.

Shou is pretty good though, and the loner Ultraman thing is downplayed later, so dont worry.

> I hate that they keep reusing the same old monsters as always
Agree, but ultrafags will like it because MUH LEGACY.
>>
>>13916445
> (and handles its toy promotions a lot better than expected.)
Overall, yeah, although the X-lugger promotion shots got tiresome after some episodes, specially in one that was supposed to be atragic moment(the pigmon one IIRC)
>>
>>13918843
I actually thought X was inferior to Ginga S. It had a weaker story and fights.
>>
Since Ginga is apparently shit should I even bother with it or should I just jump straight into S?
>>
>>13918904
You should watch it. It's really short
>>
>>13916533
I wouldn't go that far.

Ultra Galaxy and Ultra Galaxy Neo were fantastic shows despite being lower budget.
>>
>>13916564
Same writer, different director. Koichi Sakamoto was the head director and he's one of those directors that really likes getting involved with writers and producers on the creative process.

>>13916530
>>13916559

What do you mean? Sans Saga, the Zero movies were fantastic and some of the highest points the franchise has reached.
>>
>>13918862
the fights maybe, but X had a solid cast(Shou and Zero one are the only good characters in ginga S albeit pretty good), more varied stories and at least an original final boss.
>>
>>13918904
Jump to S. The only Ginga characters that appear in S are the mc and another one (who got development in Ginga but you dont really need to know it at all). The rest of the cast returns for a few episodes but you're not losing anything.

Personally, I watched Ginga as it aired, and it was in fact my first Ultraman, but I cant be assed to watch even the movie that has been subbed for ages.
>>
>>13918904
Watch it and give it a try.
Personally, the reason why it was very hard for me to watch was because I hated the side characters with a passion (except Taro and Tomoya, I guess), otherwise I could stomach it a lot better.

Alternatively, just download the OST and skip to Ginga S. Ginga's OST was just way too good for the actual series.
>>
>>13918904
You can jump straight to S. All you need to know is the Ultraman and their enemies became tiny dolls called 'spark dolls,' and last season ended with Ginga beating basically Ultraman's version of Satan.
>>
>>13916696
Oh look, that guy.
>>
>>13918821
https://a.pomf.cat/wdidad.webm Does this count?
>>
>>13918904
It's really short, but bad. Watching it makes watching Ginga S all the sweeter though.
>>
Go watch Gaia, it's much better than this garbage.
>>
File: Alien Chibu Exceller.png (18 KB, 819x460) Image search: [Google]
Alien Chibu Exceller.png
18 KB, 819x460
>>
I'm watching Mebius, when do the fucking cameos of other ultramen start
>>
>>13926043
around episode 30
>>
>>13921306
Fuck off Faizu
>>
I'm guessing I have to suffer through Ginga in order understand what happens in S?
>>
>>13926213
Nope.
I couldn't remember Ginga (and I only finished the first half), had no problems.
>>
>>13926213
It's only 11 episodes and they go by fast.
>>
File: alien_valkie0.jpg (19 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
alien_valkie0.jpg
19 KB, 640x360
So, I guess Valkie isn't very popular around these parts?
>>
>>13926482
Valky is awesome
>>
>>13926482
He's pretty cool. If you can forget the fact him and Babalou were failed Leo designs.
>>
>>13926504
But wait, Babalou was in Leo - he was the villain in the 2-parter with Astra. What part of his design was a failure for Leo if he was in the show?
>>
>>13926523
Babalou's concept was Leo's right after Taro ended. The whole hair thing? That was meant to be his mane. He even has a fucking color timer.

The fail was it was too far from a normal Ultraman design. Golden and black.
>>
>>13926549
Ahhhhhh, I get it now. Sorry, I completely misread your post.
That's pretty wild. I can't imagine either of their designs being Leo's at this point, even if you kept Leo's head and changed the colors.
>>
>>13926504
I'm glad. Leo is the most handsome motherfucker of all Showa.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.