[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever been so butt-hurt, that you turned into a Newtype?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 12
File: get off this wild riddhe.gif (597 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
get off this wild riddhe.gif
597 KB, 500x280
Have you ever been so butt-hurt, that you turned into a Newtype?
>>
¿Goku?
>>
>>13913752
Jerid did
But then he died immediately after
rip
>>
File: image1.png (414 KB, 640x362) Image search: [Google]
image1.png
414 KB, 640x362
Have you ever Idealism'd so hard that your ghost personality split in half and then you went on a rampage only to have yourself tell yourself that it was going to be okay and then have your soul just fly out of your body after traveling to the end of time and having your mecha corrode and fall apart even though there was no atmosphere to corrode your mobile suit?
>>
>>13913752
Source?
>>
>>13913752

Riddhe was shown to be a newtype in the second episode before the butthurt.

>>13913771

He was also shown to be a weak ass newtype much earlier on when Mouar died.
>>
File: Mobile-suit-gundam-zz-1.jpg (16 KB, 284x206) Image search: [Google]
Mobile-suit-gundam-zz-1.jpg
16 KB, 284x206
Have you ever been such a great Newtype that you fired your overclocked megapartical cannon when your Gundam was out of energy?
>>
>>13913863
Did they ever explain where Full Frontal came from?

For the longest time I assumed that he was really Char that survived Axis, but got conked in the head and chose to live his life as yet another of his alter egos.

Then I was told that he was a clone which raises the question who cloned him?
>>
>>13913955

Anaheim, obviously, since they hadn't had a good war in a few years and weapon sales were threatening to actually slow down.
>>
>>13913955
He's not a clone
>>
>>13913978
Have you ever bonked your head so hard that your alter ego ghost new type came back to visit your present self?
>>
>>13913955
He's a random unlucky SOB that happened to look like Char Johnny Ridden
>>
>>13914001
FF is like MGSV's Boss.
>>
>>13913863
What would 10 year old Casval say if he saw his future glorious mane in 0096?
>>
>>13913955
He's Venom Char
No really
>>
File: Norikek.gif (31 KB, 232x269) Image search: [Google]
Norikek.gif
31 KB, 232x269
>>13914001
>There are people that actually believe that one of the ghosts was Amuro's

OH, I AM LAFFIN!

The options are either, Char, Lalah, and FF OR Char, Lalah, and Marida.

If they keep FF dead in future Unicorn shit, it'll be his for sure, if they keep him alive it'll have been Marida's, but I really doubt that it was Marida's because didn't she interact with Banana after that sequence?

In any event it was NOT Amuro's.
>>
>>13914130
Why?
>>
>>13913975
>Anaheim

Source?

There seems to be no confirmation of whether he's a clone or not in anything I can find.
>>
File: 90678563464596.png (346 KB, 1024x582) Image search: [Google]
90678563464596.png
346 KB, 1024x582
>>13913752
>pic related.

Bitching and whining until you level up seems to be a common theme in anime.
>>
File: Haram Vegeta.png (365 KB, 439x609) Image search: [Google]
Haram Vegeta.png
365 KB, 439x609
>>13914316
>>
File: Halal Vegeta.png (698 KB, 559x769) Image search: [Google]
Halal Vegeta.png
698 KB, 559x769
>>13914316
>>13914324
>>
>>13913955
some cyber newtype that got possessed by the ghost of char's butthurt
>>
>>13914350
>Some random cyber newtype got possessed by Char's ghost so bad that it made him look and act like Char.

This is why people think UC retarded. Newtype-ism is literally the "NANOMACHINES, SON." of Gundam. It's complete bullshit and the epitome of lazy writing.
>>
>>13914316

He didn't bitch and whine until he became a SSJ. He became a SSJ because he stopped caring about anything: being better than Goku, becoming a SSJ, even living. He fucking gave up, which apparently was the push because...I guess his selfishness was holding him back or something.
>>
>>13914130
>n any event it was NOT Amuro's.
Hey, I guess it wasn't his voice by his voice actor either
>>
>>13914433
Also a meteor was about to crush him
>>
>>13914433
>being rewarded for giving up.

The fuck is this? Is this really a lesson they're teaching kids these days?
>>
>>13914461
The lesson is to let your pettiness go.
>>
>>13914461
It's not like his butthurt pettiness was getting him anywhere.
>>
>>13914015
You meant Jhon Job?
>>
>>13914448
Don't bother with the dubfag.
>>
>>13914381
The ghost of Char's butthurt, not Char's ghost

I mean, it makes no sense for Amuro to be FF, but the embodiment of Char's butthurt could basically be Amuro, you know?
>>
Sadly the concept of a Newtype progressively became more and more overly goofy and over the top. In the original series, all we saw a newtype as was a person with higher spacial awareness and reflexes, even with pseudo messiah level Newtypes like Amuro only being able to telepathically compute with Lahlah. By Zeta we have pilots doing all of the above, plus being able to create for fields, EMP mobile suits and instilling space retardation by the end of it. Chars counterattack has a single mobile suit pushing away an asteroid in atmospheric desent, all with the power of Psycho-frames.

In response to the main post though, I believe Jerid, Rihde, Zabine and Faula all had butthurt matters that pseudo contributed to them becoming either full fledged newtypes or borderline ones.
>>
>>13915800
>Zabine

No, he was just an extremely good oldtype pilot who was butthurt.

>Fuala

She went full on psycho because reasons. Pregnancy bewildered her, man.
>>
>>13915814
>She went full on psycho because reasons. Pregnancy bewildered her, man.

It's because Victory is about the Role of Woman anon

Fuala is a woman of death, who kills people with her newtype power, while Marbet uses the true power of Woman to make babbies

Same with the Katejina/Shakti dichotomy, Shakti took care of Karlmann like he was her son, while Katejina only ever wanted Usso to fuck her
>>
File: womeninvictory.png (1 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
womeninvictory.png
1 MB, 640x480
>>13915833

I'm aware. How poorly thought out that was is partly why Victory is a muddled mess. Man, Lupe's character is so weird.
>>
>>13915862
The biggest flaw in Victory is, curiously, that we don't spend enough time with the antagonists. Katejina gets progressively more in favour of Maria's ideals each time we see her, but we never actually see that happening on her end.

It's even worse by the finale, when every single Zanscare major character (Tassilo and Fuala, Cronicle and Katejina, Pippiniden and Lupe) are plotting to do something about Kagatie and Maria (note how every single one of these pairings is a weak sister male and a crazy, powerful, or crazy powerful woman) but we don't get any real indication of their goals either, other than how absolutely fucking catastrophic the resulting clusterfuck is.

Victory! It's got problems, and no real Char.
>>
>>13915814

Zabine: I thought he was forcefully turned into a cyber newtype through torture by the Jupiter Empire prior to him shooting down the X-1 for the first time. Granted its been a while since I last read crossbone, so I can't say for certain about this.

Faula: Being trapped out in space with limited oxygen for days, along with still having mixed emotions over her pseudo lover Mechet dying, and having killed so many using the guillotine might have contributed to her breaking her natural inhibitors and becoming a newtype. Its not really all that well explored in victory, but she obviously had developed into one due to those events.
>>
>>13915884

Katejina was almost fucked from the start, really. Her allegiance in the first place is poorly elaborated on and she's essentially the main rival.

>>13915886
>I thought he was forcefully turned into a cyber newtype through torture by the Jupiter Empire

Nah, he wasn't turned into a cyber newtype, but the torture was part of his turn.

>Its not really all that well explored in victory

Katejina is also inexplicably shown to be a newtype, too. It just happens. I remember her going "wut?" when Croncile explained how the LM kids were newtypes and then she's knowingly using telepathy a couple of episodes later.
>>
>>13913752
all the time
>>
>>13915928
I just assumed katejina got the cyber new type treatment while over on the other side which would explain her crazyness.
>>
>>13914291
I seem to remember hearing that, in the novels, some guys in the Republic of Zeon are responsible for Full Frontal's "creation." I'm afraid I don't have a source, but it does make me doubt the Anaheim claim even more so.
>>
>>13920828

Nah, it's more than likely that both Fuala and Katejina are natural newtypes. There's no indication of them being cyber newtypes. Plus, Katejina was shown to be off her rocker way before episode 49, which is the first sign of her being a newtype.
>>
>>13915800

Newtype-ism is a cancer to UC. Part of the reason why prefer the earlier OVAs which are absent of any kind of newtype BS. Even within 0079 it felt rather contrived at certain points. By Zeta, it got retarded and became a crutch for the major plot points. Just lazy writing and the story suffered in spite of it.
>>
>>13915727

Still doesn't explain why the new guy ended up looking exactly like Char -- forehead scar and all.
>>
>>13921072
>Part of the reason why prefer the earlier OVAs which are absent of any kind of newtype BS.

08th MS Team's and 0083's stories suck, though.
>>
>>13921081

Which goes to show you just how awful the major early UC entries were.
>>
>>13921074
They grabbed some guy who looked like Char to a freakish degree and then somehow took the psychic imprint from the Sazabi's psychoframe and the transposed that over his original brains neurons to replace his identity. What I wanna know is how good is UC neuroscience if some space hicks hiding from the entire known population can do that.
>>
>>13913907
Was jewdough the strongest newtype?
>>
>>13921536
Judau was the best everything
>>
>>13921096
Who did this? Source?
>>
>>13913752
Yeah it was some really /x/ tier shit
>>
>>13921536
Kamille is.
>>
File: 1233024464683.jpg (43 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1233024464683.jpg
43 KB, 640x480
>>13913847

>tfw you realize INTERSTELLAR is a prequel to Gundam
>>
>>13920828

No, she was always nuts. Primary sign of being a newtype.
>>
>>13921029
>>13922446

>/m/en confusing a rebellious adventurous teenage girl for a psychopath

She originally left Usso with the intention to be a double agent. She returned a crazed space crusader who didn't hesitate to kill. Only psycho therapy has such a profound transformation in (UC) Gundam.
>>
>>13922461

That's actually never happened in UC Gundam. Rosamia was fucked up due to memory alteration after her initial appearance where she was fine and Four due to the promise of memory retrieval. Puru also had plainly obvious conditioning that showed contradictions in her behavior. Katejina is plainly different than the aforementioned. She simply got brainwashed by propaganda. Croncile explained how Uso and the other kids were connected with befuddlement and she was also confused. Given how he's always by Katejina's side and she only showed signs of being newtype in episode 49 and after, it's highly doubtful she's a cyber newtype.
>>
>>13914381
At least nanomachines have some degree of realism in them.
Psychic powers on the other hand, not so much.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
>>13914047
"I will be a superstar wearing Freddie Mercury clothes?"
>>
>>13922541
>Universal Century
>Anyone knowing Freddy or Queen

Pick one
>>
>>13922550
You're right. After listening to "Friends will be friends" Char wouldn't try to kill Garma.
>>
>>13922461
>She originally left Usso with the intention to be a double agent. She returned a crazed space crusader who didn't hesitate to kill

Each time we see her again she's more and more into Maria's ideals, anon. It's not like she abruptly BECAME a space murderer. It's just that like a lot of Zanscare character stuff, it happened offscreen (so that each time we see her, she's different).

We don't even find out that Cronicle resents Kagatie's manipulation of Maria until the final arc, for example.
>>
>>13913752
As much as I liked Unicorn almost every character was unlikable and acted against like a normal human being should act. Riddle was no exception.
>>
>>13922633
>a normal human being should act
wew. I hate when my fictional characters don't act like non-fictional entities.
>>
>>13922633
I don't know who you are normally around with but they seem mostly normal to me
>>
>>13922378
Can't seem to find a source, which is frustrating.
>>
>>13922633
Some character changes were a bit drastic, but outside of Riddhe and maybe Banagher (if you can't stand his preaching), who was unlikable? To me, an extremely likable cast is probably Unicorn's strongest point.
>>
>>13922633
Newtypes aren't normal human beings, you know.
>>
>>13922566
We even see seeds of her betrayal while she's still with the LM. She thinks the citizens of Woowig got what was coming for them, and she's the one most upset by the old mens' willingness to use a thirteen-year-old as a pilot. If I'm remembering correctly.
>>
>>13921536
In raw newtype power, yes. There's a reason they sent him to Juptier during Char's Counterattack.
>>
File: Micott_Bartsch.jpg (69 KB, 1281x721) Image search: [Google]
Micott_Bartsch.jpg
69 KB, 1281x721
>>13922892
You know,

if Tomino directed Unicorn, then there's a 99% chance that this girl would steal a Jegan and stupidly try to kill Audrey

Or she would join the Sleeves just to spite Banagher for not paying attention to her
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.