[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Autism in subs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 12
File: autism in subs 01.jpg (736 KB, 1916x1039) Image search: [Google]
autism in subs 01.jpg
736 KB, 1916x1039
I finally decided to what this movie, why am I already mad?
>>
File: autism in subs 02.jpg (525 KB, 1919x1038) Image search: [Google]
autism in subs 02.jpg
525 KB, 1919x1038
>>13903332
it never...
>>
>>13903332
I'm fairly sure that Celestial Being: the Movie's subs were done like that on Purpose...
>>
>>13903332
it's intentional, autismo
>>
File: autism in subs 03.jpg (612 KB, 1919x1039) Image search: [Google]
autism in subs 03.jpg
612 KB, 1919x1039
>>13903336
...ends
>>
>>13903338
>>13903341
you mean that this thing is so bad that subbers decided to create stupid subs on purpose?
>>
>>13903332
>kissanime
autist
>>
>>13903350
yeah well, tell me where I can watch it on 1080p right now
>>
>>13903338
Yes it was done that way on purpose by retarded autists who thought it was funny and "ironic".

It's not you dumbfuck.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (161 KB, 1918x1039) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
161 KB, 1918x1039
>>13903365
ok I take it back
>>
>>13903347
EXACTLY.

the ACTUAL movie's subs are far less autistic.
>>
It's a joke track making fun of TV-Nihon.
>>
Was this gg?
I assume this was gg.

gg is always this unfunny.
>>
File: the joke your head.jpg (40 KB, 307x4495) Image search: [Google]
the joke your head.jpg
40 KB, 307x4495
>>13903347
>>13903365
>>13903332
They used the OBVIOUS JOKE SCENE in the movie to make an OBVIOUS JOKE about that one group's Zeta movie trilogy's subs.

The only autist is you.
>>
>>13903386
OP here, I was honestly mad because I suspected that this was one of those autistic subs where they only use japanese terms for regular words with several lines of explanation all the time.

I have never watched this movie so I picked the first source I found with decent quality, that is why.

Now I know, thank you.
>>
>>13903386
That group is why we have classics like "You're going to be violated!"
>>
>>13903403
Every time someone watches the 00 movie we get the same two threads, one for this, and one for the flower.

Trust me, you'll make a thread about the flower. Everyone makes a thread about the flower.
>>
Yeah, it's just the subbers having fun with it.
>>
>>13903332
>he has watched a show with baka chan tachi subs
what a loser
>>
>>13903403
Wait, wait. You -honestly- thought those were actual subs? It has "sarcasm" written all over it, from the font to its color to the use of italics to the nonsensical Notes. How new are you to fansubs?

>>13903352
Oh, VERY new. Nevermind.
>>
>>13903407
Amusingly of all the things TV-N could've fucked up that was actually the one thing they actually got right and ended up rolling off the tongue better.

Yazan in that specific scene does say "手込めにしてやる!" the literal translation of that is "I'm gonna rape ya!" so it's close enough.
>>
>>13903352
Ever heard of something called "torrent" family?
>>
>>13903427
>Everyone makes a thread about the flower.

shit i remember the very first camrip leaks of flower ending
>>
>>13903332
>Autism in /m/
FTFY
>>
>>13903332
If you can't detect an extremely obvious satirical joke sub then you are then you really shouldn't call things autistic because missing jokes this obvious is a sign of legit autism.

Translator's note: Don't vaccinate your children it will give them autism.
>>
Why was the false movie within the movie the best part of the 00 movie?
>>
>>13903352
Oh my god, are you 11?
>>
>>13903477
yes and no, with my shit connection it'll take more time to download than to watch it and sadly I have limited free time.

>>13903562
You obviously have never encountered perfectly legit shows with super retarded autism level of subs filled with japanese words and notes.
>>
>>13903374

That's actually funny
>>
>>13903427
what, I am worried now...
>>
File: gandamutoppagurrenlagann.jpg (157 KB, 1917x1038) Image search: [Google]
gandamutoppagurrenlagann.jpg
157 KB, 1917x1038
>>
I'm also pretty sure, besides these subs being an obvious joke for that part, you can change the sub track
>>
File: tieriadinduerde.jpg (170 KB, 1919x1038) Image search: [Google]
tieriadinduerde.jpg
170 KB, 1919x1038
>>
File: seriously.png (21 KB, 270x321) Image search: [Google]
seriously.png
21 KB, 270x321
>>13903562
>Translator's note: Don't vaccinate your children it will give them autism.
You again
>>
>>13903621
>yes and no, with my shit connection it'll take more time to download than to watch it
That's a lie and you know it.

>sadly I have limited free time.
That's also a lie and you know it.
>>
>>13903332
Just switch the subtitle track you idiot. Those are joke subs.

>inb4 you downloaded some obscure version that only has one track
>>
>>13903656
>>13903645
We don't care, everybody has seen this movie and those subs aren't particularly funny by now. All you're doing is inviting people to make fun of you for being a retarded newfag that watched shows on KissAnim.
>>
>>13903645
>filename
It's not a TTGL reference you STUPID FUCK
>>
>>13903758
what's the problem with that site?
most of the shows are in HD and it works fairly well, it's mobile friendly and I never had any problems.

Are you telling me that if I don't use torrents I'm an idiot when sometime there is a valid alternative?

>>13903776
that ahead with the giant boomerang is, by the way.
>>
>>13903751
>Just switch the subtitle track you idiot.
Unfortunately this retard is using Kissanime
>>
>>13903758
i-i care . . .
>>
>>13903798
There's nothing wrong with using KissAnime.
>>
>this guy is not informed as well as we are on torrent sites and he's using a platform we don't like for no apparent reason so he's a newfag and retarded.
>this guy is watching for the first time a movie that we have already watched several times so we can have fun insulting him for no reason only because he was upset by a simple subs joke

You can do better and help instead of reacting like real autistics.
>>
>>13903832
I don't care to help assholes.
>>
>>13903833
why are you so upset?
What is hurting you so much that you have to rely on bad attitude?
>>
>>13903844
I don't rely on a bad attitude, I rely on my ability to keep scum away using whatever means possible.

Bad attitude is just one weapon within an entire cache.
>>
>>13903869
>keep scum away

Why is he scum? There must be a reason, you are overreacting a bit too much for something so petty as someone not being on your lore and knowledge on /m/ related things and torrents.
>>
>>13903468
The thing is, if he actually watched it from the rip the subbers released, he'd have realised that there were TWO sub-tracks, one real one and one called something along the lines "Fun subs". But apparently he doesn't have the "time" to torrent, and would settle for anything he can get instantly with a 1080p label on it, even if the video quality is 480p tier.

>>13903813
Except, you know, the shitty video quality, watermark and poor choice of subtitles.
>>
I thought they were funny.

>We decided to translate 'Celestial Being' to Tengokuhitoshiweebshit
>>
File: Georgios_Laertius.jpg (151 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [Google]
Georgios_Laertius.jpg
151 KB, 1440x810
>>13903656
But that's not Tieria, it's clearly Georgios.
>>
>>13903888
>petty as someone not being on your lore and knowledge on /m/ related things and torrents

it's not petty given the topic of discussion on this board; that's why that person is scum.

You can keep giving me long-form reasons as to why I should be forgiving to novices, but I probably won't listen.

It probably stems from the fact that I am frustrated by the fact that I took the time to learn about such lore in a time where VHS trading and piracy was the way of life.

It irks me that someone can't take a few minutes of self-study in such a time of bountiful intelligence and information that we now live in.

That's probably why that other person is scum.

If you can't take the time to explore a hobby you want to talk to me about, I don't want to waste my own time convincing you to do so.
>>
>>13903786
>most of the shows are in HD
>a valid alternative
Please end yourself
>>
>>13903920
>the shitty video quality

The quality is pretty good, I don't think I've seen one which was bad looking.

>watermark

Mmm, I can understand that it's annoying, but I suppose it's there just so someone can't copy it.

>poor choice of subtitles.

Again, the subtitles are pretty good from what I've watched.
>>
>>13903948
>If you can't take the time to explore a hobby you want to talk to me about, I don't want to waste my own time convincing you to do so.

I know what you mean but think about it, it's illogic to pretend from him to behave exactly like you would about about this matter. Maybe he only needs some teaching or guidance? Were you that prepared when you started getting interested in /m/ related things?
He is not you, therefore it's a bit illogic to pretend the same reaction to things as you would have.

>>13903949
I'm waiting for a valid reason why it's bad using a website with embedded videos on it with decent quality when someone clearly stated that don't have time/speed to download an X GB file when it's faster and easier in another way.
>>
>>13903935
Of all the cameos in Build Fighters, I think making Black Tieria an actual character and giving him his own name is my favorite.
>>
>>13903948
>You aren't a true fan unless you get as autistic about this as me
Whatever you say, buddy.
>>
>>13904018
>The quality is pretty good, I don't think I've seen one which was bad looking.
Do you not realize the benefit of downloading shows? Other than obviously the ability to rewind or skip forward or go frame-by-frame without buffering, or the ability to change subtitle or audio tracks. Most of the stuff uploaded are just upscales of lower resolutions. Why settle for less?
>Mmm, I can understand that it's annoying, but I suppose it's there just so someone can't copy it.
What the fuck is that excuse? You're just grasping at straws here.
>Again, the subtitles are pretty good from what I've watched.
You just created a fucking thread about how the subs made you realize you're autistic.
>>
>>13904022
Because embedded flash or html5 players are all shit and lack proper color management, upscaling and tons of other features. Enjoy your watermarks and eyecancer.
>>
The general rule of thumb is to FINISH the movie before you start making troll threads OP.

Trust me, I'm the guy that consistently makes the 300+ post G-Reco troll threads.
>>
>>13904056
>Do you not realize the benefit of downloading shows?
Not him but you are right up until a certain degree. What if someone can't access certain features due to batdwitch/knowledge/location limitations? Should he suddenly decide that "I refuse to watch this movie because it does not correspond all the high standards /m/ decided to impose me or face the consequences?".
What if he's not at his home or maybe using a tablet's browser with a mobile-friendly site?

I do agree on watermarks, those things are stupid and unnecessary.

>>13904076
Again, what if there are no valid alternatives based on the situation an individual finds himself in to?
>eyecancer
now this is being autistic.

>>13904080
the only valid answer to OP, everything else is autism: the thread
>>
>>13904080
this
>>
Ta'ii!!!
>>
>>13903332

Not surprising that the kind of person who would be dumb enough to stream wouldn't detect obvious satire. You call it autism when you are the one exhibiting clear signs of autism.

If you had actually downloaded the original release you could have simply chosen the subtitle track that was professionally translated if this was not to your tastes. Too bad you chose to stream meaning subs are burned into the video.
>>
>>13903427
>Everyone makes a thread about the flower
Shit really? I'm about 4 months behind if that's the case.
>>
>>13904097
>Again, what if there are no valid alternatives based on the situation an individual finds himself in to?
Bullshit. If you can stream it, you can download it. Learn how the internet works.
>>
>>13903562
>>13903722

Not him but some day I will become a preofessional translator, and no matter what I say I'll be able to put a TN on whatever I say.
>>
>>13904018
>The quality is pretty good
Look at the screenshots posted ITT.
If you're going to say that looks *good* compared to the source file, then you have some major autism
>>
>>13904056
Oh, I see you're stupid then.

Forget I ever bothered speaking with you.

>>13904384
You're a blind retard.
>>
>>13904308
>no matter what I say I'll be able to put a TN on whatever I say.
Yeah i hope you're not translating something into english
>>
>>13904392
Yeah, I must be blind if I see all those artifacts, banding and telecined lines

http://www.screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/162841
>>
>>13904394
Rev up your semantics and rewrite into something better if you think you are so though.
And that better isn't
>no matter what I say I'll be able to put a TN on that.
>>
>>13904439
Don't forget the cropping of picture and shitty colours
>>
>>13903332
you have been bamboozled
>>
>>13904439
I find nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>13903948
>You can keep giving me long-form reasons / but I probably won't listen.

/m/ in a nutshell. OP obviously wasn't around when the movie came out and so has no way of knowing which sub group is the proper one and which is the autistic in-joke one. Where is he supposed to "take a few minutes of self-study" to find this stuff out? Is he supposed to lurk on /m/ for months on end absorbing lore about the Zeta movies before he's even allowed to watch Gundam 00?
>>
>>13904439
I'm not seeing much detail there to be washed out.
>>
>>13903352
The same place Kissanime downloads their rips.
>>
>>13904458
Why do you live.
>>
>>13904306
How does streaming compare with torrenting in terms of bandwidth usage/efficiency? Monthly data limits, that sort of thing. I still have such a fuzzy concept of the internet I don't even know if I'm phrasing the question correctly.

>>13904544
In general, I can see the societal benefit of a "no spoonfeeding" ethos. I was going to ask what the etymology of "crabstick" was, but then I Googled the right way and found an answer. Courtesy of MyAnimeList. On the other hand, if we had decades without any spoonfeeding whatsoever, eventually all the info will be lost, and the only remaining knowledgeable person will die while croaking one last "lurk more," ushering in a digital Dark Age.

I mean, /m/ produces their own Guide to Gundam. Why not a Guide to Watching /m/ Anime Properly. Or maybe /a/ already made the general version of that, I've rarely ever visited.
>>
While we're here, is there ANY decent release of the 00 movie that uses untampered official subs?
>>
>>13905447
KittySniffers is probably the closest thing, since it's the usual recommendation.
>>
>>13905413
>I still have such a fuzzy concept of the internet
>2000+16
>>
File: whoa.jpg (100 KB, 560x238) Image search: [Google]
whoa.jpg
100 KB, 560x238
>>13905495
Well, I'm not illiterate. I just know how little I know. You spend sixteen years learning to use the aspects of the internet you use, and you stay ignorant about those aspects you don't use. I won't feel confident until I can see the internet in green rain.
>>
File: destroy all vermin.png (492 KB, 602x566) Image search: [Google]
destroy all vermin.png
492 KB, 602x566
>>13903332
Better than space rats at least.
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.