[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished pic related. How's the sequel?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: olocsvx7rwufzsf4bhzd.jpg (282 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
olocsvx7rwufzsf4bhzd.jpg
282 KB, 1920x1080
Just finished pic related. How's the sequel?
>>
Overrated.
>>
>>13899743
But better than the first regardless.
>>
>>13899743

Explain why you think this please.
>>
>>13899780
He of she probably wont
>>
File: zoneoftheendersdolores.jpg (1 MB, 1683x1516) Image search: [Google]
zoneoftheendersdolores.jpg
1 MB, 1683x1516
>>13899740
Watch the anime! The OVA is connected to the first game and the TV show is a sequel to the OVA, with a cameo of someone important from the games.
>>
File: 1430154985211.jpg (37 KB, 450x287) Image search: [Google]
1430154985211.jpg
37 KB, 450x287
>>13899740
It's shit. Watch the OVA and TV series. then play Fist of Mars. The protagonist gets better.

FYI, Dolores and Pharsti are the only two Orbital Flames you need to know about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODXDjZKpV_o
>>
>>13900956
I don't see the appeal to Fist of Mars. Played like 20 stages and it was just so goddamn boring.
>>
>>13900956
>>13900796
Terrible advice. 2nd Runner is much better than those.
>>
The Second Runner doesn't have the open-worldness of the first one (for better or worse), and has less battles against truly giant robots (unfortunately). The Second Runner's plot isn't a carbon-copy of Mobile Suit Gundam, and while Leo is present in the story, the main character is an adult. Most boss battles are against smaller "normal" sized Orbital Frames, ranging from good fights to obnoxious, although there are a few against big ones (which are cool). Jehuty feels more powerful in the sequel, and in general the gameplay is more refined. There are also some really cool missions in the game, especially towards the end.
>>
>>13899780
>repetitive gameplay
>damage sponge bosses
>nonsensical story
>shit that's there just to pat out the length of the game, like that hallway that's twice as long as it needs to be
ZOE1 was better.
>>
>>13900992
This.
So many people call it underrated, but really it's just a poor SRW clone.
>>
>>13901056
The Second Runner's plot isn't a carbon-copy of Mobile Suit Gundam

The treatment of characters in the previous game is basically lifted from Zeta Gundam though.
>>
>>13899743
>>13899780
>>13899804
>>13901090
Bullshit. I jumped straight to ZOE2 in PS2 days, had good memory of it. Then I tried ZOE1 in HD collection.
I just can't finish it, it's so damn clunky. You can list all things "superior" of ZOE1 you like but those don't matter.
>>
Don't mind me, just posting best boss theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAmBm4_ElGc
>>
>>13900992
This
It's either literally impossible to miss or get hit if you do the dumb targeting minigame, or you're 100% at the mercy of the RNG if you don't.
>>
Overated, play Another Century’s Episode 3 instead
>>
>>13899740
Superior in nearly every way. It's even twice as long so you'll finish it in about four hours.
>>
ZoE2 is way, way better than ZoE1. I just can't explain it, if you like fast-paced action games ZoE2 is up there, almost among the best of the genre.

ZoE1 on the other hand looks like a playable demo compared.

Just play the sequel and never look back.
>>
File: 1340008255883.jpg (272 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1340008255883.jpg
272 KB, 1280x720
Gotta say : ZoE 2 is better than the first, and pretty damn cool to play. An improvement of every aspect.

Don't expect too much thought, the Gameplay is its main sailing point, as was its graphic when it first came out on PS2.
Nowadays only the Gameplay is left, and I would bet that many newer game learned directly from some of the best part of ZoE 2.

To give it a price I would buy it for 20€ (for comparison a very very costly game is around 60€ here)
>>
File: 1387083473298.jpg (70 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1387083473298.jpg
70 KB, 960x720
>>13899740
At least 2X better than the original gameplay wise. There's also some cool setpieces.

Spoilers
>You will never experience Zero Shift again for the first time
>>
>>13901170
Personally I kinda liked the Gundam ripoff aspect of ZoE.

Racism Gundam needs a better treatment than Seed's half-assed crack at cordie dorama, and the Ender stuff struck me as a workable angle. Hell even IBO draws a bit from the common well of ideas with Ein suffering from Ender bigotry from his peers.

That and I'm honestly a sucker for weird bizarre shit and Metatron superscience is the kind of weird that works for me.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.