[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tekkaman Blade 41
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7
Who was the character artist for this episode? Why is she so cute in a loose tanktop?
>>
>>13899630
>Who was the character artist for this episode?

Check the credits or something.

>Why is she so cute in a loose tanktop?

Because it works.
>>
>>13899630
> loose tanktop

answered your own question there, mate
>>
>>13899630

Because back in the 90s women could be cute without being KAWAII UGUU MOE DIABETUS.
>>
>>13899903
>KAWAII UGUU MOE DIABETUS.
I hope you're just being ironic here and don't actually think this
>>
>>13899903

Yes

Yes they could
>>
File: 1437632919386.gif (966 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
1437632919386.gif
966 KB, 500x376
The 80s and 90s were better times.

Even the powered armor was cute.
>>
>>13900005
But the original BBG is Moeshit: The OVA. This is objective fact.
>>
>>13900005
Agreed. As much as I like shows like Active Raid and Tiger and Bunny, their power armor looks like shit compared to Bubblegum Crisis.
>>
>>13900016

I have to agree. I hate it when people here complain about moe then go on about Nene being their waifu
>>
>>13899630
Pretty sure some of Tekkaman Blade's episodes were directed by Obari. The show goes from looking like shit to looking like the actual opening, so yeah.
>>
Aki is cute as fuck.
>>
File: 1433318856892.jpg (20 KB, 302x320) Image search: [Google]
1433318856892.jpg
20 KB, 302x320
>>13900054
>not waifuing the hardsuits

Maximum plebage.

>>13900131
Hiver a qt too
>>
What was the deal with Missing Link? I'm too dense to understand anything and my subs (not English ones) were pretty fucked up, couldn't get anything but Aki trying to get the d-boy and failing.
>>
>>13900016
I think that's what he's saying, anon.
>>
>>13900174
Aki was fucking D-Boy while he was all comatose retarded. Then a bunch of alien Tekkamen came along and it drove D-Boy nuts. Then they made a modified Radam pod prototype and Aki used it to become a Tekkaman and kill shitloads of aliens, but she scared away retard D-Boy. Then D-Boy regenerated into a berserk Tekkaman killing machine and Noal tried to fight him and he died (maybe?). Then D-Boy and Aki were going to fight. Then the OVA ended because it was a trailer for something that was only going to get made if Tekkaman Blade 2 was a success, and it wasn't.
>>
>>13900110
Obari only ever worked on the openings for Blade. He contributed a potential design for Blade himself when Tatsunoko was going into production, but the OPs are the only time he ever animated for the series. Those sharp moments of Obari style quality in the actual show, like Blade and Evil's first rematch, were the work of his disciples.
>>
File: 1455172650433.jpg (67 KB, 500x420) Image search: [Google]
1455172650433.jpg
67 KB, 500x420
>>13900174
>Blade went full impotent retard and began having seizures due to a mental link with the new radam
>Aki broke down, went nuts, became Tekkaman at gunpoint and murderkilled some aliums to save d-boy
>she completely lost it when retard boy was terrified of her
>a little while later, a bunch of regular people (not radam) marched on a tekkaman plant to become a tekkaman army
>aki wound up killing a bunch of people to stop them, including the kid who gave her a flower, further cementing her descent into madness

>meanwhile, blade went berserk after his powers were restored
>noel died trying to save earth from him
>professor tits finally brightsmacked the sense back into aki in hopes that she wasn't completely fubar'd
>aki recovered from her bullshit and mounted pegas to fight blade
>she stabbed blade, shocking him into remembering everything

As far as what's implied to have happened later:

Aki becomes Blade's subordinate as well as a liason between him and the other personnel. She also takes up the role of (field) commander.

Blade just holes up in his reclusive man-cave and becomes the "secret boss" of Earth's new artificial Tekkaman project, at least until he joins the fight as the same autonomous wild card he always was.

Both temporarily end their runs by hanging back on the new Blue Earth once the scrubs are competent enough to fight on their own.

Afterwards, David and Dead become their spiritual successors as battle-tempered veteran and loose cannon powerhouse, respectively. They're also lovers, probably, except not the obnoxious "in your face" SJW way.

Anyway, the specials and OVA tend to cram a lot of plot and implications into a very short time, so you're pretty much meant to figure all this stuff out on your own.
>>
>>13900278
How is 2?
No one ever talks about it.
>>
>>13900310
There's a reason people don't talk about it, anon
>>
File: 1454101342200.jpg (46 KB, 250x443) Image search: [Google]
1454101342200.jpg
46 KB, 250x443
>>13900310
Blade 2 is pretty gar. It starts off slow since the protagonist for the first part is an annoying genki girl who constantly fawns over Blade.

But then Sommer sleeps with Vesna, turns a "yes homo" into a bare-knuckle street brawl, fights a Tekkaman without transforming (or getting killed), heroically protects his comrade, and inspires his homosexual best friend to help them fight against alien invaders.

You just have to sit through 3 episodes of Yumi to get to the real OVA.
>>
>>13900300
Isn't Tekkaman Dead a guy?
>>
>>13899630
Hirotoshi Sano, the show's character designer.
>>
File: 1445874885249.png (374 KB, 699x492) Image search: [Google]
1445874885249.png
374 KB, 699x492
>>13900599
>Isn't Tekkaman Dead a guy?

Sommer doesn't mind. At all. Not during consensual hand bandaging, nor during nonconsensual neck-licking.

He even acts like they're an item after Dead cozies up to him, and runs after Dead when he gets stabbed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFpRPKvbcYc#t=10m20s
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.