[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain to me how Garo got such a resurgence? I remember
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 9
File: 250px-Ougonkishigaro.jpg (8 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
250px-Ougonkishigaro.jpg
8 KB, 250x188
Can someone explain to me how Garo got such a resurgence? I remember when the first series came out back in 2005. It was nice and had it's fanbase, then it got that DTV movie and faded out of public eye. It was generally seen as "That one toku that's awesome but you've probably never seen".

Then an entire 5 years later Makai Senki comes out and holy shit we need a new Garo series or movie every year from now on, including anime. What happened?
>>
File: Garo On.webm (3 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Garo On.webm
3 MB, 640x480
>>13898406
I have no idea but I'm pretty thankful for it, it's usually a highlight of my week Guren no Tsuki sucks but we can't always have winners I guess
>>
>>13898406
pachinko machine

that's the root of emergence. maybe it'll eventually become large franchise like kamen rider
>>
Same thing with Aquarion never dying

Pachinko
>>
>>13898485
>>13898442
This, but it also has a fairly loyal fanbase in japan. It's not huge by any means but it does alright
>>
>>13898485
I'm pretty sure Aquarion has to be dead after Logos' bomb though
>>
>>13898533
>doubting the kawagod
>>
>>13898510
It's pretty gigantic in the pachinko scene. (Such a thing exists) The machines have original stories, original scenes featuring the actors, and CGI stories at times. One of them featured like nine different knights we had never seen.
>>
>>13898567
But Kawamori wasn't involved with Logos at all
>>
File: TFC_Logo.jpg (105 KB, 2048x743) Image search: [Google]
TFC_Logo.jpg
105 KB, 2048x743
>>13898406
>holy shit we need a new Garo series or movie every year from now on, including anime. What happened?

There's your problem.
Also the problem for Patlabor movies.
Anything they think would sell will be milked till they die.
>>
>>13899239
but garo is already dead.
no tits
no gore
no seriousness
no cray action

everything that made it popular and unique is gone.
>>
>>13903367
>It's not edgy and adult.
Grow up
>>
File: Aerial Battle.webm (2 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Aerial Battle.webm
2 MB, 640x480
>>13903367
>No cray action
Did you miss the last season or something?
>>
File: 91AhwSQl.jpg (66 KB, 640x295) Image search: [Google]
91AhwSQl.jpg
66 KB, 640x295
>>13898583
>nine different knights we had never seen.

and Giga debuted in pachinko machine. it's very possible to see the other knights in the future
>>
>>13903373
>using edgy
lmao kiddo go back to mantrain sentai.
>>
>>13898583
Man, I always wonder where do these false legends about GARO pachinko content come from.
>>
Can someone explain to me how Garo is /m/?
>>
>>13904831
Because Dunbine is /m/.
>>
>>13904865
Dunbine has mecha in it, though.
>>
File: THE BEST.png (551 KB, 1022x1094) Image search: [Google]
THE BEST.png
551 KB, 1022x1094
>>13898533
It will not, the most powerful entity in fiction would not allow it to happen.
>>
File: btrw.jpg (100 KB, 993x459) Image search: [Google]
btrw.jpg
100 KB, 993x459
>>13903916
Because they're true?

These are the guys from Makai Battle Gaoh, a pachinko story that had three brand new knights and where Giga made his debut, about three years before he appeared on TV.

You even see Taiga and Kouga team up in a couple of them.
>>
>>13905049
Madou tools (horse, dragon, etc.) has mecha in them. Same deal.
>>
>>13898406
Where have I seen this logo before? I've never been into Toku, but I swear I've seen that font and a black background on some anime.
>>
>>13905073
But the post I quoted was overly exagerating things. I know pachinko has original content, but it's mainly for pure fanservice purposes. They don't have a "story," they just have a basical setting, normally brought from a live action production and then they throw in some "what if" scenes, and that would be it. Hell, the anon I quoyed was saying all the Knights in Makai Kessen Gaoh were original (actually, all the "original" ones in there are brought from the Youseki no Wana novel). I once read someone say that YamiTera pachinko was the "full" YamiTera story, as if it expanded the TV story. I mean, come on. It's just some fun clips to go along with the pachinko game.
>>
File: garo-gs-giga.jpg (159 KB, 847x480) Image search: [Google]
garo-gs-giga.jpg
159 KB, 847x480
>>13905324
>(actually, all the "original" ones in there are brought from the Youseki no Wana novel)
Even Giga?
>>
>>13905356
Even Giga. Although he doesn't don his armor or is even called by his title. There's just this really muscular Knight, called Touji Sakaki who fights Rei in the Sabak, who picks an Axe-like sword from the steel weapons provided by the Tribune/Council/Senate (how you prefer calling it). It's not explicitly stated anywhere, but Giga's design was meant for people who read Youseki no Wana to think "Hey! That must be Touji's armor!" Yaiba and Ouga coming from the same book just add to the speculation.
>>
>I mean, come on. It's just some fun clips to go along with the pachinko game

Well depends on how you look at it.
The game does have all entire 25 episodes full length recorded, with the actual horror designs replacing the ones they have on TV, plus a couple original horror events added.
The game events and routes are directed by Amemiya himself, and it's just a matter of "luck" and "techique" to get the full show played on the little screen.
For those who haven't seen the TV series they can still get the full story out from it while playing the game.
>>
>>13904831
Wondering that too, especially with the 2 anime
>>
>>13905465
>Toku is /m/
>Has a lot of robots every season
>>
File: 1455677831895.jpg (437 KB, 1508x1493) Image search: [Google]
1455677831895.jpg
437 KB, 1508x1493
>>13905513
>>Toku is /m/
>>
>>13905522
Toku has been /m/ for longer than that meme has existed. And likely for longer than you've been using this site, much less this board.
>>
>>13905433
Have you actually played the pachinko?
Because I haven't since I've never been to glorius Nippon.
But I'm pretty sure I know what a pachinko is and Have watched varios videos on youtube (I know they're edited), and thinking logically it wouldn't make any sense to mix full lenght episodes with the kind of clips I've seen from the games. I know the game features newly bdesigned horrors replacing the generic ones in the show, and I've watched some of their fights featured in the "reach" parts of the game, which take place in really wird scenarios, but in all honesty it's awfully hard to imagine that they edited the actual episodes to throw those designs in.
>>
>>13905433
Do people end up standing in front of the machines for hours on end?
>>
>>13905600
>Toku has been /m/ for longer than that meme has existed.
Just because moot says toku is /m/ doesn't make it true.
>And likely for longer than you've been using this site, much less this board.
Uh, sorry, but that's the only picture I have for that.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.