[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
mildly annoying nitpicks in /m/ shows
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7
File: 1368912823315.png (217 KB, 500x276) Image search: [Google]
1368912823315.png
217 KB, 500x276
>shooting at an enemy mecha
>the shots somehow manage to warp around and hit all the space around the mecha, but the mecha itself
>>
>mecha board
>it's filled with non-mecha shit like tokusatsu
>>
>shoot enemy mech
>it hits
>>
File: 1453402764346.jpg (174 KB, 1000x749) Image search: [Google]
1453402764346.jpg
174 KB, 1000x749
>Watching 08th MS team
>'Boku Janai' starts playing
>>
File: sumis-ahoge-confused.jpg (31 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
sumis-ahoge-confused.jpg
31 KB, 853x480
>watch mecha anime
>it's not anime
>>
>>13897376
Unless you also bitch about pilot threads, show discussion threads, and threads like this, your bitching is meaningless.
>>
>>13898464
Those pilots and shows are mecha anime you faggot.

Now go and take back your tokushit to >>>/tv/ or >>>/jp/
>>
>>13898468
No. Pilot threads have long out numbered actual mecha show, and sent /m/ into a downward spiral, years before Decade even aired. Threads about Char's themesong isn't about mecha. Threads about wanting to fuck Kamille aren't threads about mecha. But what is that you say anon?
>We can't have threads just about mecha, it'll get old fast!
Guess who also uses that argument? That's right the fucking toku fans.

You can't argue about getting rid of the not /m/ shit you don't like unless you are prepared to get rid of the not /m/ shit you do like. Well, I guess you can, but it makes you a hypocrite.
>>
>>13898483
>talking about mecha anime is not suitable for the mecha board because I say so
>>
>>13898632
>talking about mecha shows is not suitable for the mecha board because I say so

Glad you just made the defense one why the toku shitters need to be tolerated.
>>
>>13898483
The difference being that you cannot talk about mecha without talking about the shows that are primarily based around mecha. Mecha anime is the explicit purpose behind the fucking board.

While it may be the same form of argument, it is not the same argument, as there is a massively different context to it.
>>
File: New_Story_of_Dunbine_OVA_cover.jpg (53 KB, 250x340) Image search: [Google]
New_Story_of_Dunbine_OVA_cover.jpg
53 KB, 250x340
>watching mecha for the story
>ending is coming closer and closer
>both enemy and hero forces are even
>you want some conclusion to all that fighting that happened
>instead EVERYONE dies
But... i was still cool with it.
>>
>>13898667
The purpose behind the board is not limited to anime at all.

>All mecha and mecha-related
Not just mecha from anime. All mecha. Videogames, Hollywood, Cartoon etc. And 'mecha related' according to moot in the past is purely community defined. Which is why shit like Digimon symphogear, and yes Kamen Rider are here.

Also I fail to see how it's a separate argument. You can't discuss the sentai mechs without discussing sentai.

If people want to pull the "/m/ should be about mecha, and mecha only!" argument fine. I'm all for bringing back the "never post pilot's unless the mecha is visible in the background" tradition and sending discussion about VA jokes, waifus, shipping, etc back to /a/. It would get rid of 90% of the population of the board, and bring /m/ back to a halt. Thing is they don't want /m/ to be mecha, and mecha only, they are just using it as a flimsy excuse.

I'm just saying be fucking consistent about it. If someone is going argue getting rid of toku since they don't like it, then they should also argue about getting rid of the off topic shit they want on /m/. The same justifications they use, can be used by the toku crowd. Pilots are /m/. That gives us threads about Puru, Char's penis, and VA jokes. It also gives us threads about sentai characters who are pilots, and gauvre models. Etc. I say the same shit to the people who want all science fiction purged from /m/ all while claiming LOGH is /m/.

So trim /m/ down to nothing, or tolerate the same shitheap /m/ is now that the rest of us are tolerating.

Granted I'm just arguing with trolls don't care about /m/ or toku, or anime, and just want /m/ to go to even more shit than it is now for meme purposes.
>>
>>13898723
Anon, stop trying to defend yourself from hotpockets. If mods would want to reshape /m/ for their own desires, they would do it.

Also LOGH isn't /m/, cause it doesn't have mechs. Its obvious. While Char's penis is /m/ because he piloted a giant robot.

I still don't understand what dorama faggots from kamen rider and sentai threads are doing here though. Well, maybe sentai is acceptable cause it has mechs, but kamen rider doesn't have mechs. And ultraman doesn't too.
>>
>>13897365
>Aperture opens up in the robot's head or torso
>Little guy climbs out
>If he's not riding inside the robot he's on its shoulder like a fucking faggot
>Nobody sending instructions to the robot via carrier pigeons that fly into its mouth

Sometimes I wonder how I put up with this genre
>>
>>13897365
>Protagonist fighting one or more enemies
>"Oh shit, they are firing back!"
>Somehow shoots them down and survives
>in EVERY FUCKING BATTLE
>Doesn't die until the last third of the show, if ever

As much as I love /m/ media, this bullshit is pissing me the heck off
>>
>>13897365
>Arms for holding weapons even though mecha don't need arms
>Legs even though 75% of the show is set in space
>A fucking head
>Recognizable torso and abdomen
>"B-but it needs a head for m-muh AMBAC!!"
>Never uses the most sound design for space combat, a tank chassis with verniers on its treads

In before "This genre isn't for you, realismfag!"
>>
File: kamille laugh .jpg (118 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
kamille laugh .jpg
118 KB, 1440x1080
>>13897602
>>
>>13898833
>watch giant robots
>I REALLY WISH THEY WEREN'T GIANT ROBOTS
no really what the fuck were you expecting
>>
File: joke.gif (959 KB, 448x352) Image search: [Google]
joke.gif
959 KB, 448x352
>>13899033
>>
>all units are trashcans made of explosions
>unless you're the protag who magically has 12/10 luck build and only takes cosmetic damage or non-fatal damage

fucking votoms, it's hard to focus on how good it is sometimes with this bullshit slamming me in the face all the time
>>
>>13898812
it's because the dead don't sell toys as well
>>
>>13898833
That sound you just heard was marketing shredding your resume and lighting your desk on fire.
>>
>>13898812
>show the enemies hitting the protagonist mecha to make it more exciting
>it's a completely unessecary part that does not impede him at all and is immediatly fixed.
>>
>>13898744
Or Garo. With KR/Sentai/Ultraman you can argue it does have mech (even though it's only a shitty excuse to let them here) but Garo doesn't have any /m/ stuff. Unless magical wolf armor now counts as /m/.
>>
>>13900395
>and is immediatly fixed.
This actually annoys me a lot. White Base must have enough spare Gundam parts to build a whole army of them.
You almost never see series where it can take more than a single episode to have limbs completely replaced after being ripped apart, even when their resources are supposedly slim.
>>
>>13900427
Meant as a reply to >>13900366
>>
>im the only person with this one of a kind super unit besides the protag
>better use it for a pointless sacrifice and kill myself instead of the several other viable options available to me

>lets make a giant robot and give it the same constraints as the human body!
>You're right! Who'd want a head and limbs with 360 degrees of movement!
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.