[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: It's announced that AGE will be airing on CN instead of IBO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 5
File: 42535.jpg (51 KB, 225x324) Image search: [Google]
42535.jpg
51 KB, 225x324
>>
>>13888466
Again?
>>
Literally not going to happen.

Is it even licensed properly?
>>
File: 7550629.jpg (51 KB, 938x477) Image search: [Google]
7550629.jpg
51 KB, 938x477
>>13888466
>>
>>13888466

So now people will not be watching one terrible show instead of a different, slightly less terrible show since no-one gives a fuck about Toonami anymore and hasn't in years. Why do we care?
>>
>>13888466
age was shit and ibo is better
>>
>>13888466
The only anime CN airs now outside of Toonami is Pokemon, and I doubt Bandai would want AGE airing on Toonami/Adult Swim.
>>
>>13888533
Sunrise I mean, not Bandai. Still not used to Gundam not being with Bandai of America anymore.
>>
>>13888466
Cool. I liked AGE. Nothing stellar, and Kio was admittedly kind of awful, but overall I enjoyed it.
>>
>>13888466
Sauce?
>>
>>13888666
As expected of Satan.

In all seriousness, AGE is decent enough at some points. Also, Ebikawa design are godlike.

>>13888668
>ITT
>>
>>13888668
No sauce, anon is just rusing
>>
Is CN trying to kill its audience through sheer boredom?
>>
It's happened. AGE has finally gone from "literally the worst mistake on all fronts" to "Eh, it wasn't so bad"
>>
>>13888718
>literally the worst mistake on all fronts
That's still Destiny.
>>
>>13888730
Except even something as bad at Destiny, at the worst, still has "5th best selling anime of 2000+" behind it and an HD remake. And people did actually buy Gunpla from it even if it was just mainly SFreedoms and Destinys

You remember AGE's projected sales right?
>>
>>13888699

CN is too cool for anime. They'd rather just endlessly rerun cheap to make flash cartoons.

They have Pokemon solely so nobody else can air it and steal some of their audience.
>>
Ansem>Flint>Kino

Any other ranking is objectively wrong
>>
>>13888752
>Ansem
You mean the deadbeat father who left his wife and child in the cold just so he can satisfy his fetish for black leather?
>>
>>13888533
I don't know about anything else, but Dimension W starts on Toonami next week.
>>
File: doubt.jpg (15 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
doubt.jpg
15 KB, 600x600
I wouldn't mind, might make MG FX or AGE3 chances go up from 1% to like 5%
>>
>>13889521
More like 0.1% to 0.15%
>>
>>13888739

>You remember AGE's projected sales right?

I believe that's supposed to be a sales target for AGE's Gunpla, mind you the Gunpla probably flopped less than the video game the anime was supposed to shill

>Makes ambitious target of 1 million copies sold
>Couldn't even sell 10% of said target

topkek.jpg
>>
>>13888718
We had time for reflection.
Plus Jojo got popular again, which might have helped the generational story thing.

AGE could be the Wing for this generation's kids. In 15 years, you'll see badly posed AGE gunpla in Kindle stores and /m/will long for the compelling romance of Build Fighters Try.
>>
>>13889548

>/m/ will long for the compelling romance of Build Fighters Try.

Please, I don't think /m/'s bitterness over Try to ever go away as /m/ probably wanted Sunrise to be wiped out of existence after it finished airing whether /m/ still wants it to happen now is debatable though
>>
>>13888511
No it's not
>>
>>13888669

You have to be kidding. The plot was shit, and Kio was fucked-up.

I don't understand why people keep trying to give AGE a pass, when the consensus was that it was awful. Like, how? It's worse than IBO. Is this some urge to be contrarian?
>>
>>13889650
>It's worse than IBO
It really isn't. Tell me how IBO is better, for starters.
>>
>>13889655

More coherent plot, better designs, it doesn't have the gaping plot hole of the 100-year war being averted if they just moved the goddamn colony away, no episodes wasted on Girard Spriggan, nothing to do with Asemu wasting time extending the war as a pirate (THAT HIS OWN SIDE WAS WINNING) for no reason.

It also doesn't have the inexplicable sparing of foes (Sparing Desil in Season 1, standing RIGHT THERE while the boss engages the self-destruct on the flying fortress, Kio sparing Fat Gorilla Man right after his best friend is murdered), shit like the nameless kid in Gen 1 coming back solely to kill Grodek before he's shot dead, the Char just anticlimatically giving up the ghost after a half-minute fight, everything to do with Faradin.

I can go on.
>>
>>13889683

Also, IBO doesn't have the World of Veigan, doesn't have inexplicably pacifist protagonists who love no-kill victories, the primarily villain peacefully dying in bed after a near-century of fuckery, and the 'hero' handing over the codes to the greatest death machine of all time for a handful of tranquilizers.

Hey, how about when Flit apparently accomplishing nothing despite being Supreme Commander of Earth forces for 20 years? The Veigan attack still comes as a complete surprise, despite Flit purging the corruption and putting everyone on a war footing.
>>
>>13889655
>>13889683
>>13889702

He's got you there.
>>
>>13889683
>no episodes wasted on Girard Spriggan
IBO is just as bad with wasting time on Kudelia, Fumitan's pointless flashback, and Akihiro's brother.
>>
>>13889529
>>13888739
That chart wasn't about sales as confirmed by Derringer. It was about rate of gunpla releases compared to previous series because with age they were starting to do that thing where they release the kit around the time of its in show appearance rather than weeks later after the hype dies down.

People have been misunderstanding that chart for years.
>>
>>13889702
IBO is worst exactly because it has none of those. It doesn't have anything. it doesn't add any value or freshness to the franchise. It doesn't take risks, even if the end product ends up being a trainwreck in the trying. It plays everything safe by pandering to the loneliest, most pathetic of the /a/ crowd. The majority of people buying the kits are buying the kits despite having no attachment to the show. It's an extremely cynical cash-grab.
>>
>>13889843
>It's worse because it doesn't have those things that made the show bad.
>Eating shit is better than not eating shit.
>>
>>13889802

But Kudelia is the main heroine, Fumitan is her maid, and Akihiro is a secondary character.

Gerard Spriggan has no emotional link to ANY of the characters in the show. Her Amuro Ray-lookalike boyfriend was already dead.
>>
>>13889878
>here, you can fuck this moderately good-looking woman. Only thing is, she bites and kicks and cries during sex but will nag you if you aren't tending to her needs enough or doing X exactly the way she wants it
>or you can read Atlas Shrugged in low lighting. We will release you when you are done
>>
>>13889895
>But Kudelia is the main heroine, Fumitan is her maid, and Akihiro is a secondary character.
And how does that make it any better? They're supposed to be more important, but there's nothing to characterize them outside of flat exposition.
>>
>>13889911

Kudelia's your archetypical peace princess, Fumitan's her maid and a double-agent. Akihiro is one of the guys, and the pilot of the second Gundam.

>>13889843

That's especially funny given how AGE tried so hard to be a 'greatest hits' of Gundam. In Generation 1, Flit fought Char/Lalah before the Federation attacked a space fortress which totally wasn't A Bao Qu, and then he battled a machine that totally wasn't the Big Zam.

In Generation 2, Kira and Athrun strapped on METEOR packs and worked together to stop Operation Meteor - wait, I mean to stop a colony dro - Fuck, I meant a crashing giant space ship from smashing into earth.

Shit man, this isn't even subtle. They literally strapped on bright purple thrusters that looked exactly like METEOR units.
>>
>>13889921
>Kudelia's your archetypical peace princess, Fumitan's her maid and a double-agent. Akihiro is one of the guys, and the pilot of the second Gundam.
Those are just the roles they're given. There's nothing behind it. Kudelia just goes around tells everyone she's sad, Fumitan and Akihiro only have one moment in the spotlight before being thrown on the back burner.
None of what they do humanizes them, there's only cheap melodrama. Everything ends up being boring because it's just like reading lines from a script.
>>
>>13889878
>AGE
You pay for a hotdog and start eating it. For about 2/3s of the hotdog, it's perfectly average hotdog, filling but forgettable. Then you take the next bite and it tastes kinda funny.. turns out the rest of the hotdog is actually rotting pigshit! You puke your guts out, probably take antibiotics afterwards. You're livid, you feel insulted. You most likely ended up physically assaulting the vendor. But it makes for a good story with your mates.

>IBO
Five years later, you find yourself fishing out a piece of soggy, stale bread out of the dumpster. It smells like someone rubbed it up and down his shit-crusted asscrack and it tastes like regret and old sweatsocks. You feel so alone and wonder what went wrong with your life.
>>
>>13889937

See, the problem is that these are extremely generic complaints, and it's really more of a problem of the archetype. There has never been a peace princess who was not insanely grating. (Relena, Marina, Lacus, etc)

And boy, AGE was even heavier on the cheap melodrama. Remember Lu and Dean Anon? (Yeah, those were their names) Two episodes, both swooshed offscreen into unceremonious deaths. How about all the love interests, who managed to be the silver medal in EVERY generation?

Did Wendy even have a character?
>>
>>13889942

> IBO
It's bread. Stale bread.

IBO is solidly middle of the road. I don't know what you two fags are fighting about. AGE was bad, but it's still one step above Destiny.
>>
>>13889951
>IBO is solidly middle of the road.

Just admit that you have shit taste. A middle of the road /m/ show is something like Gun x Sword. Not a classic by any means but it's reasonably well-made and nobody would protest too much if you recommend it to other anons.
>>
>>13889650
>no fun allowed!
>>
>>13889948
It's one thing for a princess to be annoying, but Kudelia isn't even that. She doesn't even manage to be an archetype, she's basically just there to narrate.

The AGE side characters and love interests are on par with the IBO main characters.
>>
>>13889970

Gun X Sword somehow managed to be insanely generic. That's in 'worse than average'.
>>
>>13889980

We're really just going to have to disagree on that. If you can't see how the IBO main characters are worlds above the AGE characters, you're being deliberately obtuse. I'd say that Mika is a better protagonist than AGE's main leads, in that he isn't a whiny bitch.

Seriously, that's incredibly refreshing. He doesn't whine at all. It's like nearly every other protagonist needs to whine a bit (or a lot) before they get into gear.
>>
>>13889937
>Those are just the roles they're given.
And those characters never go beyond that.
>>
>>13889995
Toasters don't complain either, doesn't mean toasters make for good protagonists.
>>
>>13890007

There's merit in just shutting the fuck up and getting your ass into gear. It's why Tidus is one of the most loathed Final Fantasy characters out there.
>>
File: 1435544180719.jpg (19 KB, 194x184) Image search: [Google]
1435544180719.jpg
19 KB, 194x184
>>13889986

Kek. Label it what you like, friendo, it's still better than IBO.
>>
>>13889995
>nearly every other protagonist was thrown into a warzone or Didn't Sign Up For This™
>Mika is an autistic Allahu Vackbar repeat customer who has 100% blind dedication to one man, lived as a shitty child soldier and has been shown on a scale from "ayy PTSD is like Parkinson's right" to a cookie and cracker-fueled rage-murder
There's a reason for that. At least they went from not in gear --> in gear. Mika has had no development at all. Even that flashback was completely retarded, it didn't tell us anything about him. It just restated his relationship with Orga.
>>
>>13890021

So like Setsuna from 00, then.
>>
>>13890028
>seriously, he's incredibly refreshing
>So just like Setsuna
Even if he was, Mika is still a shit.
>>
>>13888511
They're bot shit except that AGE has decent action sequences.
>>
>>13888718
People always overreact to bad stuff. They complained about AGE but while bad, they managed to watch it, there's stuff out there so bad that wouldn't last more than a couple of minutes.
>>
>>13888752
>Any other ranking is objectively wrong
>Ansem
>Flint

Flit >>>>> Asemu/Kio
>>
File: physical autism.jpg (66 KB, 277x296) Image search: [Google]
physical autism.jpg
66 KB, 277x296
>>13889951
>IBO is solidly middle of the road

>>13889986
>Gun X Sword somehow managed to be insanely generic
>>
>>13890072

A lot of people here will sit through any main Gundam regardless of their feelings.
>>
>>13890098
An informed shitposter is a succesful shitposter.
>>
As long as the reveal that the Vagans could have moved the colony that was literally killing all their citizens way from Mars the entire time is still a thing, I will never not consider AGE the worst series.

There's a lot to dislike about it but that absolutely took the cake.
>>
>>13890274

Ezelcunt was deliberately trying to kill as many as his own people as possible, because he wanted to kill everyone who was warlike.
>>
>>13890274
Pretty sure Ezelcant only did this to piss his people off by telling them it was all the earth federation's fault. Why did those retards keep whorshipping him is the real issue but as proven by Zeheart, they simply were deeply retarded.
>>
>>13890274

The show fucked up it's villains in general. Desil had no reason to live past the first generation, nor Zeheart past the second and Kio's main villain, Ezelcant's clone had absolutely no presence and really had no actual dialogue he was introduced so late in the game. And that's a far worse sin than "oh we forgot to give some kind of reason this space station couldn't be moved all along". Never mind on top of that idiocy Ezelcant himself is treated not like a villain in the finale, but like a misunderstood benefactor who was really just trying to help all along.

And that's without even touching how badly the Vagan in general come off because their humanization was left to a single pair of kids whose sole trait was that they were nauseatingly cute over the course of two episodes. Hard to give a shit about the side when that's the best Hino could scrape up for why people should sympathize with them.

I honestly can't see how someone can say IBO is playing it safe and then act like AGE takes any risks at all.
>>
Being a X-Rounder makes you pretty insane, and makes you do questionable acts.
>>
>>13890477

Even if Hino himself was an x-rounder that wouldn't excuse anything, since he shouldn't have been hired if he a known psychological issue that left him prone to making terrible decisions. Or at least not hired without some kind of oversight that could nix any such decisions before they were implemented. As an excuse for stuff in the show though it's completely worthless.
>>
I forgot about that literally Uchiha-level explanation of "being an X-Rounder literally makes you retarded"
>>
>>13889995

Both Heero and Setsuna were better autist MCs.
>>
Didn't they already air that?
>>
>>13888699
But OP said they aren't airing IBO.
>>
>>13888505
This tbqh familia
>>
>>13890634
Meh, I like Mika better than Setsuna.
Mika feels more sympathic.
>>
>>13891927
CE Heero is the most sympathic Gundam MC out of the Heero clones
>>
>>13891943

CE Heero?
>>
I think this is just a reaction thread ti a hypothetical question since no link was posted.
>>
I might kinda enjoy Gundam IBO dub assuming the voices are passable. Other Gundams are better shows but I can't imagine them dubbed.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.