[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fanmade Tokusatsu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 16
File: FranceFiveTeam.jpg (74 KB, 518x394) Image search: [Google]
FranceFiveTeam.jpg
74 KB, 518x394
Tokufags, have you ever thought about making your own Kamen Rider/Super Sentai/Ultraman-esque tokusatsu project?

Have you ever jotted down ideas for your plot lines, maybe sketched out what the helmets and costumes might look like?

Tell us all about it.

Ever go one step further and write a script, or maybe actually shoot something?

It's a pipe-dream, yes, but look how far the France Five got with just a lot of time and nearly no money.

For once, talk honestly about your far fetched dream of tokusatsu glory.
>>
Honestly I've only really thought of a comic adaption of an idea I've had. It was loosely based on Kamen Rider, in which the 'riders' are powered by a shard of crystal embedded into their body which, upon their death, will rip out of them and embed itself into the nearest human, forcing its powers onto them for the rest of their life. The shard turns them into supernatural Warriors whose designs are based a lot on humanoid Kamen Rider monsters. The villains were the exact same thing: humans with shards inside of them, but who are searching for a way to grant themselves eternal life with the shards' powers, as well as occasional mindless nonhuman monsters. The reason the villains are so adamant about this and willing to take human life to find it is because by being 'gifted' with the shard, your soul is damned to be sent to a plane of eternal war where you will suffer battle wounds endlessly; the non-human monsters the Warriors must face are summoned souls from within the war plane which have lost their humanity and want only to inflict the pain they have felt onto others.

Near the ending, the main Warrior dies, and his best friend promises to follow him into hell, and takes the shard from him as he dies to stop the villains from sacrificing normal humans to fuel their immortality. As per cool upgrade fashion in the very end he summons a monstrous form of the dead protag to finish the job.

Kinda sucks and is probably cliche but whatever.
>>
back when I had more free time I started working on making a costume based around the bootleg KR Black head I have that's painted like #1. I was going to do the horror host sorta thing for encodes I'd make from my VHS tapes.

I was going to put beer bottles around my wrists like a cheap version of Zone Fighter's wrist blaster things.
>>
>>13883567

>Kamen Riders go to Valhalla and fight and endless monster war upon death.

I-- I like this.
>>
>>13883577

Ahh, fun. What stopped you?
>>
>>13883514
Relevant? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpNkYp-b54k
>>
>>13883599

Sure! I was leaning more towards OC, but content is content.
>>
>>13883514
I never thought about actually making anything, but here are some ideas i've had.

Ion-ari, an intergalactic warrior that uses the power of the seven gods of rice(as in, inserts a grain of rice on his gun which makes a sound depending on the god its using). He was chosen by a religious order that woships rice and defends the universe for people that try to use it for evil. His rival is a character that has a device who powers him up by using the power of his body form superior planes (like abstract, divine, etc, i got that idea from reading authentic thaumaturgy). Think the first episodes of Juspion, but more retarded.

Other idea I had was a ryuki-esque like scenario where the "riders" transform tuning their henshin devices to different frequencies (so they can only transform within the limits of a city where the antennas emmiting the signals are) and different frequencies allow for different forms.

The last one is more similar to Ultraman(in that its about episodic stories featuring monsters) about two girls who go around a fictional country and fight a different monster in each city. The thing is that the monsters are made after the citizens's collective conciousness. So if, for example, the citizens are too obsessed with keeping the city clean, it generates a monster that tries to kill you for throwing papers on the street.
>>
>>13883595
I'm way too busy to do anything like that. I barely even get shit done on xferring my VHS tapes much less anything more complicated.
>>
>>13883626

Well, maybe you'll find the time someday. The dream can yet live.
>>
>>13883619

Those are all really clever and fun. Especially the radio frequency idea. There's a lot of cool stuff that could be done with the characters falling in and out of range, and de/retransforming sporadically as a result.
>>
>>13883629
I've got slight hope for at least transferring the vhses through a new level of lazy:
pointing a videocamera at an LCD monitor the VCR is hooked up to
probably good enough for nth gen airchecks of sentai and the Korean Street Fighter II live action
>>
>>13883636

There's probably worse ways you can do it.

But depending on the camera you use, won't you have some pretty hardcore zebra lines if you focus in even a little?
>>
>>13883648
beats me
I don't even know if the monitor looks any good with an NTSC signal, lol
>>
>>13883658

Hah.

Well, I hope it works out well for you.
>>
File: 1446611514207.jpg (202 KB, 571x542) Image search: [Google]
1446611514207.jpg
202 KB, 571x542
>>13883514
>that blue manlet
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQiR-VR6C8Y YouTube has some peculiar stuff.
>>
>>13883666
I figure it'll probably turn out okay for "the commercial breaks in Zyuranger"
also checking around a bit it looks like the Korean SF II live action is up already if you look for the hangul
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO7WKOsxbkE
>>
>ctrl+f "insector sun"
>no results

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsSkQZBQCQU
>>
>>13883698
>portuguese
Of fucking course.
>>
>>13883514
I've been slowly writing a parody that puts a darker tone on sentai/power rangers (not like Power/Rangers levels of edge though) that looks into a more natural life to the teenagers that make up the team as well as explaining the evil empire rather than just having them as (I'm evil and I'm gonna takeover earth just because!)

I've have a concept for a sentai-esque show called the Big Five. I thought of this show as a way to improve morality in my country, South Africa. Each character is based off an animal such as Lion, Rhino, Elephant, Leopard and Buffalo and they'd each use a drastically different fighting style.

Also tons of fan sentai and rider but that's less my own toku and more me spitballing actual sentai and rider that could be in the future.
>>
>>13883862
What's the monster in South Africa? Apartheid?
AIDS?
>>
>>13883673
He's the anti-Gosei Blue.
>>
>>13883890
Just general hatred with monsters thrown in is as far as I got.
>>
Yeah, I have a general outline of the story, multiple important plot points already planned and 10 episodes with a written script. It's kinda like a sentai, but more with a Kamen Rider vibe.

Won't disclose that much since I actually want to pursue getting this produced (I'm in the film/TV industry and it does not make sense that my country has still not made a huge toku homage show or whatever), but the motif are the zodiac signs, divided by elements warring internally for succession rights.

The protagonists are: "Lion" (a boxer, fights with his fists and a rather typical "main character"), "Libra" (a defense attorney, uses a sword, kind of a edgelord vigilante at first), "Scorpion" (an ambitious journalist, has a staff that uses water appends to form spears, scythes etc, is the token girl) and Taurus (a guitarist, fights with an axe, kind of a energetic dumbass).
>>
I've always secretly loved the idea of making my own sentai series based on Dungeons and Dragons style roleplaying games. Fantasy Sentai RPGer.

The group would obviously be a tabletop group with Red being a warrior, Blue being a wizard, Yellow being a ranger, Pink/White being a priest, and Green/Black being a thief.

They'd battle the fearsome "Dungeon Master" and his seemingly endless supply of stock fantasy monsters.
>>
>>13884166

That sounds like tons of fun. Way to get out and live the dream, man. Mad jealous right now.
>>
>>13884175
Eh, don't get jealous man. It's difficult to get anything approved over here, and it's mostly just a pet project of mine while I work on stuff that actually pays my bills.

I hope I do get to make it happen some day, and, if I do, I'll be sure to sub it in English and share it with you guys. Would love to see /m/ shitposting about it, specially the probable shit CG.
>>
>>13883950
I heard if you get monster you can cure it by raping a virgin girl
>>
File: Shin_Kamen_Rider_DVD.jpg (48 KB, 355x500) Image search: [Google]
Shin_Kamen_Rider_DVD.jpg
48 KB, 355x500
I'm writing and drawing a comic set in a Medieval fantasy world about a knight that travels the world dolling out justice.
One of the first stories I'm making at the moment involves a woman who can transform into an insect monster similar to Kamen Rider Shin.
>>
>>13884169
It's not really that, but Magiranger's mosnter of the week for the first half of the show are all typical Dungeons & Dragon type RPG monsters.
>>
>>13883698
came here to post this

HUE
>>
>>13885059

Exactly. The concept has worked in the past.
>>
When I was a dumb teen, I came up with a Metal Hero-esque hero called Emerald Kuwanger. Used to draw lots of shit kaijn designs and stuff for a whole "series" of around 50 episodes. I knew nothing would come of it, but it was a nice time waster after school.
>>
I'm the guy who did KR Winning.
I even had a skeletal plot done if anyone'd like to see it?
>>
>>13885626

Sure!
>>
>>13885634
Okay! it's more like a plot outline than anything.
>Hideki Ueno is rejected from the Rider Corps for the 70'th time, causing him to decide to become an illegal Rider with his self made Rider belt, only to be arrested.
>While being incarcerated The main base of the Rider corps is attacked by the Time Kaijin, Cyborg monsters from the past, freeing him as they wreck the tech that allows Riders to operate
>Hideki uses his belt to fight off a Monster before it can kill the last of the staff and the equipment used to monitor the timestream.
>Hideki becomes a official Rider and is tasked with going into the past and slaying the Time Kaijin.
>Several arcs involving him going into the past and teaming up with Riders to save their lives
>After coming across a Duo of Time Kaijin that easily overpower him Two new Riders appear, Peace and Lucky
>The plot continues to advance, revealing that both Peace and Lucky had stolen his tech in order to defeat the time kaijin, Peace to avenge his murdered parents and Lucky to make Hideki fall in love with her.
>Peace is deceived by the Time Kaijin into thinking that Hideki made them, causing them to fight several times, even working with the Time Kaijin.
>Winning Defeats him and even destroys his belt, leaving him stranded in the past
>Lucky and Winning obtain their powerups from a mysterious watchmaker after hellish training, Peace is revealed to be there too, still without his belt
>The true maker of the Time Kaijin is revealed a alternate Timeline Hideki who was imprisoned almost his entire life after being caught using his belt, he escaped into the past and aligned himself with Shocker to get his revenge
1/2
>>
>>13885734
>Peace almost dies protecting a Child from a Time Kaijin and is rewarded by the watch maker with a new belt and a super mode
>Alt Hideki launches his final vengeful gambit, attempting to cause a mass paradox by taking the remaining time Kaijin to the point where they were sealed away
>By the skin of their teeth the Riders manage to win and in a shocking turn of fate, those killed by The Time Kaijin are revived.
>Hideki and Lucky become a couple, and a more mature Hideki hangs up his belt to live in the future he helped to protect
the Watchmaker is revealed to be Hideki and Lucky's son
2/2
>>
>>13883514
well, theres this idea i have of a kirby series inspired kamen rider, kamen rider Starbrave.

basically, in that universe, the world of kirby, planet popstar and the worlds close to it from the games existed way before the dawn of man, kirby and friends were the heroes of that world, but the planet and all its habitants were destroyed by the work of 'the ultimate nightmare.' a foe so powerful, that not even kirby could defeat, at least not without a equally ultimate sacrifice.

the planet, exploded into shards eventually ended into planet earth. the memories of the beings and places embedde on the shards, helped evolve mankind to what it is now,

our hero is just a regular man, kinda like yusuke from kuuga, is proud on his ability to take on any job he is given, from painting buildings, to medical assistance, he can learn any skill, just by reading books or watching videos, by just watching martial arts movies, he can fight as skillfully as the best champion.

his secret or so he believes, is a pendant he got from his mother, a lucky charm that he believes gives guidance from the stars, unbeknownst to him, that might be true because the pendant is actually a shard of popstar, a very special one.

his latest job is as a security guard in a respected research facility, Halken Labs, there, the lead scientist, Dr. Sakurai (yeah obvious, i know) has finally finished his ultimate top secret creation, the brave system.

using his research on evolution and the popstar shards, he managed to create a system, that can extract the energy of the memories on the shards and materialize them, in order to discover more about other lifeforms in the universe.

(cont...)
>>
>Kamen Rider MONSTAH!
A human Boy Raised by Monsters becomes a Rider to protect those that he loves, fighting a group of evil machine using humans that wish to drive monsters to extinction.
>>
>>13885734
>>13885740
and here's some additional info!
http://pastebin.com/kAAUkaT4
Feel free to tell me what you think!
>>
>>13885747
unfortunately, just as the popstar shards are remnants of the people, beings and places of popstar, there were also shards of the ultimate nightmare, due to the great battle, it required millions of years to be able to function again, gaining strength by creating the nightmares that plague mankind.

while still not at full power, the UN created a group of specters that follow his bidding, they can use the popstar shards and corrupt them to create the monsters of the week, the mareians.

on the day Halken labs was about to reveal the brave system at the world, a marean attacks the labs, killing almost everyone,

Dr. Sakurai survives, but, gravely wounded, sees our hero trying to fend himself sgainst the marean, reacting to his bravery, the pendant shines and not only makes our hero stronger, but allows him to knock the marean down long enough for him and Dr. Sakurai to run away.

the Dr. impressed by the heros bravery and the power of his pendant, decides to reveal to him a secret subproject he was working on, the brave system is not only a means of research and learning, is also a fighting gear system designed to fight the threat of the ultimate nightmare, if ever gets to rise again..

the Dr. never was able to complete the project tho, as he required a powerful enough shard, all the shards the doctor had at the moment were quite small and the memories inside werent very powerful. but still gave the doc a lot of insight about planet popstar, the heroes, and the nightmares of that world, allowing the doc to be able to design the system in the first place, seeing the pendants power makes the doc realize that it might be the one he needs.

and so the doctor prepares the heros pendant, encasing it on the shows signature gimmick item, the starchip. and teaches him how to transform.

and so the hero transforms for the first time into kamen rider starbrave.

(cont..)
>>
>>13885823
as our hero fights the marean, he hears a strange childish voice in his head, somehow guiding him in the battle.

the mareans are based on a mix between the powers kirby uses and the bosses from the games, and just like the bosses from the games, the mareans can create mooks emboding special powers.

starbrave's main weapon is the BH gauntlet, just like kirbys inhale, he can use the gauntlet fo absorb those mooks, converting them into energy, and shooting them back to the enemy.

likewise the voice can detect the special mooks, and the hero can absorb them to gain a special power or weapon for a short amount of time.

starbrave manages to finish the monster, from it the only thing left is a strange piece of glowing yellow rock, just like the pendant.

after all is clear he goes to check out if the doc is fine, but at the end, he dies, fortunately, the doctor as a desperate resort manages to download his concience on the labs main computer acting as an AI in charge of the labs whole system.

there he explains about the starchips, these can contain an almost infinite amount of cosmic energy. and, if encased properly like the pendant, they can allow to harness its power to fight, essentially being more permanent and powerful versions of the powers gotten from the special mooks.

starbrave's mission is to save the shards of popstar from falling into the wrong hands and not allow the ultimate nightmare to rise again.

just as the hero powers down a strange round small light construct appears in front of him from the pendants starchip. as the dr. sakurai explained, the brave system allows to materialize memories in the shards.

the little light yelow puffball presents himself as 'keeby', he was the voice the hero was hearing in the battle, the hero and sakurais AI try to ask about the monsters, but he cant answer as he doesnt remember anything else but liking to eat things and knowing how to fight.

and so, a new team is formed...
>>
>>13883514
While not an actual toku project, I've been hashing out ideas for a Toku-themed Otome VN in my spare time. I'm still kinda stumped about how I'm going to do some of it, but it's a project I'm really into.
>>
>>13885888
'keeby' and the hero begin their fight against the mareans and the ultimate nightmare specters.

the starbraves driver isnt the only unit dr. sakurai made, and so along their way the meet other 3 guys with special popstar fragments, who become riders too.

A knightly former phantom thief, who becomes our heroes rival, is shard contains the spirit and memories of metaknight, he is recruited by dr. sakurai due to his incredible fighting and stealth skill even without the need of the shards power.

A kinda egotistic gigantic dude, and old friend of the hero, kinda like boss from mazinger z but more friendly, his shard posseses the memories of king dedede, he is chosen because of his incredible strength.

A meek surviving security guard from halken, impressed by the heroes exploits, he decides to follow them, and becomes friends with everyone, his shard possesses the memories of the friendly bandanna waddle dee, he uses a limited prototype version of the driver, designed for mass production, fit to his starchip power output, but still despite being clearly weaker than the other riders, he is actually the smartest of the team, able to come up with the best strategies in battle.

all 4 drivers can use and exchange any of the starchips at will, powering the braves in different ways.

as for upgrades the only ones with upgrades are the hero and the thief, their drivers are the most advanced and capable of becoming more powerful, depending on the starchips they use.
as for each time thestarchips are used, the spirits gain even more memories abut their world, giving them more strength.

starbrave's main upgrade is the ability to combine starchips giving him new abilities. his final upgrade, comes from 'keeby' regaining all of his memories turning him finally back into the pink kirby everyone knows, the final upgrade like the cosmic switch, gives starbrave the ability to combine all starchip powers.
>>
>>13885954
metaknights upgrades are more basic, and come from the sword he uses, from the memories of the shards, the spirit of MK learns ways to forge new weapons using materials from earth, its final upgrade is the galaxia sword, one of the few items that truly survived the destruction of popstar.

kinda tired right now so i better leave at this, feel free to comment or insult my idea, just wanted to let it out...
>>
>>13885734
>>13885740
>>13885792
So it's Den-O+Decade But with more plot?
I'm sold
>>
I had an Idea about a delinquent based Sentai.
Red ranger is a bancho, Pink is a Sukeban, Blue is a Punk Rocker, Yellow is an anarchist, and Grey is a Yankii.
the villains are a bunch of a uptight aliens that want to erase human personality and make everyone mindlessly obedient drones.
>>
>>13886929
there's a pic of Sukeban Deka juxatposed with the various KRs
>>
File: Capture.png (569 KB, 824x447) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
569 KB, 824x447
>>13883514
There actually are quite a number of "fanmade toku" out there. Most of it porn of course. Japan also has this local hero thing where each province make up toku heroes as their mascots.
>>
>>13887022
There's company mascot stuff too, like Data East Corporation had "Deco Ranger" for a while.
>>
>>13883514
I've got notes and stuff jotted down for something along the lines of that, but closer to kamen rider than sentai.

Revolving around a detective who hunts these guy in a city where the people get power from spirits/demons hidden in objects that help manifest powers within the user. Spirits giving people the complete control though it's weaker than demon powers which are completely out of the user's control but much stronger.

Regardless all the normal people in the town think that everyone with these powers are criminals until the detective finds an item and it starts allowing him to take down criminals abusing these powers.

The objects give them certain powers depending on what kind of item it is. for the detective it's a tobacco pipe (see sherlock holmes esque pipe) so it gives him a smoke power.

Over time he starts realizing that he can see images of the ghost in his item helping him even when he isn't using it which causes him to start questioning his own sanity

For the most part it's just a detective story though.
>>
Romance Rider!
When a Vile alien Race invades earth in an attempt to Steal all it's men, Ladykiller Kasahiro Ji is tasked with Defeating the invaders the only way he knows how!
With the power of love!
>>
File: BoomerKuwangerMHXConcept.jpg (232 KB, 1121x850) Image search: [Google]
BoomerKuwangerMHXConcept.jpg
232 KB, 1121x850
>>13885554
>thinking a kuwanger is a real thing
Oh, that's precious!

I only say so because I had the same delusion.
>>
File: dashgunner.jpg (467 KB, 1000x465) Image search: [Google]
dashgunner.jpg
467 KB, 1000x465
I've had a concept for a sentai team knocking around in my head for years: Hyai Tatakai Sentai, Dashugana (Rush Fight Rangers, Dashgunner).

I've never imagined a good design for their uniforms. Mostly I've thought about their vehicles: Each one would have two modes:

Dashgunner mode - a robot mode made for lower speed, higher maneuverability and firepower in all directions

Gundasher mode - a jet/space ship mode made for great speed and forward-facing firepower, like a shmup.

Each episode would have action sequences involving the Dashgunners in various formations and groupings to fight off large numbers of the monster of the week, on land or in air or space.

Naturally, the five vehicles would combine into a giant robot, Dashgun-Oh, to fight the boss of that week's monster horde.

I've also imagined a spinoff show focusing on solo adventures of Dashgun Red (it would be sort-of like Kamen Rider Dashgunner).
>>
>>13887022
I've been interested in these for an extremely long time, but they're surprisingly hard to come by with a handful of exceptions.
>>
>Gaming Ranger Player1
A transforming hero who loads special Soul Cartridges into his belt to access video game based powers. The idea is that every video game has a soul, and using their cartridges equips him with powers or weapons from that game. So for example using the Megaman Soul Cartridge would equip him a mega buster. He represents retro gaming and can only use Soul Cartridges of games released on a cartridge of some sort. His arch rival is Player2, who looks like a fancier more modern version of Player1, and his suit is disc based. He represents modern gaming and can only access Soul Discs of games released on disc based media.

It's a rather loose premise for their powers and I realize the retro vs modern thing is terribly hipster, but I liked the idea.
>>
>>13887995
you gotta also have them combine into a giant jet
the Gundash-Oh
>>
File: dscn2002.jpg (72 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
dscn2002.jpg
72 KB, 768x1024
>>13892344
Famikamen Rider
>>
>>13892344

I love the idea behind this, sounds like something bandai and plex could do one day.

Would love to hear what you have planned for bad guys and weapons. Maybe mechs as well.
>>
>>13885554

Sounds like me when I was younger. I too drew a ton of shit monster designs. I still do to be honest.

What kind of plot did you have in mind?
>>
I tried with a friend but it never got off the ground. It was gonna be kinda like kiva in the dual time line aspect, but the points would meet.

He was more of a fan of showa then heisei. I personally enjoyed more of the heisei stuff. So it was gonna be half about a showa rider fighting a heisei rider and eventually teaming up.

We never got farther than that cause I was shit at writing and fat
>>
>>13883514
I've written a few scripts. Essentially it's a love letter not only to Japanese style shows but also to 60s British shows like Thunderbirds and Captain Scarlet where some people stumble across an old bunker containing powered suits for some proposed 60s special agency that was cancelled due to political pressure. At the same time, villains begin to attack and commit crimes across the country. So three people, a failed-to-launch manchild, a stressed teacher and a former army officer who all were friends at school team up to try and keep the 1960s machines running, take down the baddies and try to hunt down people from the project who are still alive to help, all the while avoiding the Police who are determined to catch these vigilantes.
>>
>>13883514
When Japanese do fan type shit or even local hero shows it has a charm to it. Even France Five back when it was super low budget it had a charm to it. Indonesian or Filipino fan stuff is always cruddy call back to KR black or what ever was shown in their countries in the 80s and 90s, but then Americans try to do it and it just comes off horribly cheesy and unsettling. Just bad, hokey garbage.
This is a great example how shitty ficfic tier it can be.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZBRAGmdjK0
>>
>>13895776
>"Do a google search for Japan and make a suit out of that."
This shit has me cringing.
>>
>>13887995
>>13892478
Ah! Yes. Of course, Gundash-Oh mode would basically be Dashgun-Oh, lying down with his head hidden and feet pointing straight out and all guns facing forward.

I kinda want to draw this, now.
>>
anyone here remember GunRanger?
>>
>>13895776
I think what's missing is heart, or love or what some would call "balls out" sincerity.

You see it even in big budget American stuff: this feeling like people are holding back, like they don't really believe in what they're doing. Like they can't give it their best because it's "just a stupid fan/superhero/low budget thing". They seem to hold back, worried that someone will make fun of them.

Somehow, people from those other cultures can go all-out and give it their best, even if their best has a low budget. It doesn't even occur to them that someone might make fun, or at least they genuinely give zero fucks. They can still somehow put their heart in it even though they're untrained amateurs.

I think that's where that charm comes from.
>>
>>13895776
To be fair, some of the costumes and props in FUJIYAMA ICHIBAN had a lot of love put into them.

Too bad they're mixed into a cringe stew.
>>
>>13895960
Do you mean this?
http://www.jefusion.com/2011/05/gun-caliber-unsung-japanese-hero.html?m=1

Or maybe a 1937 Western? Can't find anything else.
>>
>>13896011
no it's a fan sentai concept /m/ came up with years ago, might have to dig up some archive links for it
>>
>>13895776
>my dad has so money lets make our own Power Rangers ripoff
>I'll get all my token black friends to voice the bad guys
>And every single Asian person willing to work for peanuts
>I'm gonna cast that Japanese girl I sort of like too
>Let's just weeb and white wash it up to 11 while we're at it
>And of course I'm going to be the main character my dad's money is paying for all of this
>"Dad why does darkness exisit?" https://youtu.be/CGSn5bgbxV4?t=1m53s
I just skimmed through 3 episodes of this shit and I've never felt such embarrassment and physical pain while watching anything in my life.
The comments that are obviously friends of the people responsible are even worse.
"This is American tokusatsu done right! Good job fujiyama. X)"
Stop. Please.
>>
>>13896011
That Gun Caliber guy is a real tool. Not only was the thing he slapped together a load of "lets make it grimdark, and edgy, with tits" horse shit. He really thought it was a master piece because he hired some strippers and added some cgi blood. Fat filthy Flip even has the nerve to shit on the toku genre via his "reviews". Imagine if some random troll somehow found the means to make their own shitty fanfiction a reality then thought themselves a celebrity/genius and better than all the mainstream tokusatsu shows because of it.
>>
>>13896260
>watched the SHT GPX review
>"THIS MOVIE SUCKS!"
>"THE WRITER SUCKS!"
>shit shit shit shit
It was like a 13 year old kid and his friends trying to review a movie.
All of the reviews on his channel are the same. Him and his buddies, some girl who knows nothing about anything, all saying a movie was shit.
>>
File: 1408074514815.jpg (49 KB, 601x493) Image search: [Google]
1408074514815.jpg
49 KB, 601x493
>>13895776
>good suits wasted on badly trying to recreate the feeling of early 90s American toku.
>>
File: fb02.jpg (362 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fb02.jpg
362 KB, 1920x1080
I stumbled upon one of those "local hero" type shows just now.

Clearly low budget, but still fun stuff

https://youtu.be/y_h1v1DUnBg
>>
>>13901407
>that monster in the thumbnail
good start
>>
File: CT5WBHYUAAACBmf.jpg (129 KB, 600x843) Image search: [Google]
CT5WBHYUAAACBmf.jpg
129 KB, 600x843
>>13901418
that's the hiiro sempai. Daiji is a cat that transforms into a samurai with lightning powers to promote the local foods of Tochigi province.

Here's some more info (in BR so use google translate) http://senpuu.com.br/2015/09/raisama-kenshi-daiji-o-heroi-da-provincia-de-tochigi/
>>
oh shit I don't have moonrune support on my irfan on this new computer
nice design on this guy
>>
INTENSE COMBAT
>>
File: DSC01205.jpg (464 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
DSC01205.jpg
464 KB, 2048x1536
>>13901455
The plot is incredibly simple to follow, even people who only know jap words from anime like me can get the gist of it.

GANBARE DAIJI

https://youtu.be/NisuC4sGFHg
>>
File: character-tumu.jpg (66 KB, 520x600) Image search: [Google]
character-tumu.jpg
66 KB, 520x600
>>13895776
There's so many amazing suits that get designed and never go anywhere.
>>
>>13894395
>Famikamen
;_;

Farewell FamiKamen Rider
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmHAKW1IEA0
>>
>>13901407
>Strawberry princess
>>
>>13901407
Looks like a Hayato clone (also a local hero).
Maybe made by the same people.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfPK6GTsNeQcBMHaxNtXxCA
>>
My old prefecture had it's own Sentai, イバライガー. The shows were shit but it was fun to watch high school girls in skirts fangirl over the roadshows they'd put on.
>>
>>13903302
I remember hearing about them. Wasn't IbaGirl really popular?
>>
I've tried designing various american adaptations of Kamen Rider stories into slightly or vastly different stories incorporating movie properties.
Kiva as a story told of centuries long battles with beast races through coopted rider systems and the remergence of a dreaded rider king of the beasts.
Faiz with a different origin for orphenoch and a different set of goals and properties for them.
Decade as more a team rider story of people with a reality shifting crack in the worlds traveling and building an army.

Not all in synchronized direction, but i like the idea of taking the base footage and providing new context to shape the actors like Power Rangers does. Too much of /m/ wants it to be a carbon copy of the japanese show. And that's stupid, just dub the thing if you want that. It's like that one video that made footage of Goseiger into a video game themed power rangers in context. That sort of creativity taking the base parts and making new stories with wildly different results, like the divide between Gingaman and Lost Galaxy. I know most of those are just executive meddling, but i love the creativity earlier seasons had with the footage.
>>
File: 100821091083baebf3c028dc97.jpg (28 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
100821091083baebf3c028dc97.jpg
28 KB, 400x267
>>13887022
that kigu porn that is not actually porn toku Mighty Lady is godly
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.