[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, anon. Anon, could you do me a favor, please? Think of any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 8
File: 1424549393761.jpg (24 KB, 500x518) Image search: [Google]
1424549393761.jpg
24 KB, 500x518
Hey, anon. Anon, could you do me a favor, please? Think of any /m/ show, alright? Just pick any of them. Thanks.

That show will now get a high-budget Hollywood movie adaptation by people who have absolutely no idea what they're doing and will probably alter the content to "better suit western sensibilities". What is the end result?
If you wanna release all the limiters, the director will also be Michael Bay. You chose this fate.
>>
>>13883114
>Think of any /m/ show, alright? Just pick any of them.
Transformers?
>>
>>13883114
SEED not destiny
>>
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 700x394) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 700x394
>>13883114
I'm ready.
>>
>godannar
pacific rim
>>
>Votoms
Apocalypse Now?
>>
File: 1454674720213.jpg (387 KB, 1369x1086) Image search: [Google]
1454674720213.jpg
387 KB, 1369x1086
>>13883114
>mazinkaiser SKL
Not bad
>edge brothers now AMERICAN
>MOAR EXPLOSION
>20LB OF ANGEL TITS AND ASS
>EXTRA METAL OST
>>
File: klim-laugh1.jpg (37 KB, 415x259) Image search: [Google]
klim-laugh1.jpg
37 KB, 415x259
>G-Reco
Ameria is unambiguously the good guys
Everyone else: Aliens
Ancient conspiracy: the world is actually square
>>
>>13883114
>Zeta Gundam by Michael Bay
>Shia The Beef as Kamille the Autist
>Every dramatic character death is met with a glorious explosion
>Linkin Park covers "A Song of Zeta"
>Shia yelling his "JUST DO IT" speech as he rams the Zeta into Ryan Gosling-as-Paptimus's "The O"

6/10, would see as a popcorn flick
>>
>>13883114
>Patlabor
So, Police Academy with robots?
>>
Aldnoah Zero by Michael Bay. Somehow, he'd make it worse.
>>
>>13883377
At least it would be watchable.
>>
>>13883352
>Ryan Gosling as Paptimus Scirocco
I never knew I wanted this until now.
>>
>G Gundam
Uhhh...
>>
>>13883114
I just watched F91 last night and I think it might work

>No more Zeon and bullshit NT talks
>Refugees of various color for catering to SJWs
>Replace Cecily with Asian or Hispanic
>Bare bones story, just CV suit wrecking shits right and left. Plus, explosions by Michael Bay. All done in CGs
>Music by John Williams oh wait
>>
>>13883355
I'd watch Patlabor Academy.
>>
File: 1448645759373.jpg (182 KB, 1200x838) Image search: [Google]
1448645759373.jpg
182 KB, 1200x838
Turn A, then? I wonder how badly they'd fuck up the pacifism. Moonrace would probably become very reminiscent of generic terrorists from the Middle East and Loran would probably become either white or Will Smith. It goes without saying that he'd be an adult, of course.
>>
>>13883114
Joke is on you OP, I chose Valvrave
>>
>Super Robot Red Baron
In fairness, it already got a 90s remake with a paltry amount of references to the original, so why not. That being said, basically Robot Jox, but with the robots from the US being even more stereotypical and an evil secret society. Also, Red Baron is now named after the famous war ace himself.
>>
NGE by Chris Nolan

The twist

We were the EVAs all along
. . . oh hang on.
>>
>>13883114
Ideon. Sorry guys, I can't even imagine how it would be. Any ideas?
>>
File: 46341261_p0.jpg (257 KB, 497x796) Image search: [Google]
46341261_p0.jpg
257 KB, 497x796
>zz

hmm
>>
>Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

So Simon is played by some asian kid you've never seen before in cinema with no talent for te role whatsoever, he is living a boring life in Minecraft, he looks so fucking cool with his alpha looks, voice, hair and clothes but for some reason he's still picked on by others and every kid in the cinema says "oh yeah he's like me". One day he meets Kamina in a dark corner, played by Brad Pitt, who acts like some darker, cooler guy. Brad asks Asian kid the cool questions, the ones like "have you ever looked at the sky..." followed by random made-up bullshit and the entire OST's performance happens right there

Moving on a huge mecha destroys the village and kills millions of innocents. Bimbo Megan Fox who just appeared tries to help the guys, there's some cliché action, but the whole rest of the film she'll just be walking around with her big ass doing nothing because the mentor for the main characters can't be the girl, it has to be a black veteran.

So they get out and they must do some science technology crap in class, with Leeron, a very stereotyped overacting queer who will appear regularly throughout the movie just to make the kids laugh but at the same time go like "ehehe he's weird" everytime

But you know as I'm writing this, I think I just can't imagine how bad it would really be. Because that doesn't sound so bad, but seriously I can't imagine that they make that good.
>>
>>13883114
>Big O

Ha joke's on you it was already made to appeal to the west.
>>
>>13890071
Oh come on, Judau does not look that bad.

>>13890543
I would actually like a Live action Big O movie, just have the movie or movies be the supposed 3rd season.
>>
>>13883114

Gundam 0079.

Imagine that it's played completely straight. Amuro Ray is a young man who doesn't suffer from Amuro's personality quirks. The weirdness and the Tomino-isms are taken out. Most of the White Base crew are explicitly young soldiers instead of conscripted civilians.

Surprisingly, not much of the movie changes. Kai and Hayato are much more serious characters, and are more typically 'young ace pilots' with Sleggar joining the crew later. Char's helmet is redesigned to look more ominous, and Zeon is given explicit Nazi ideology.

Lalah is replaced by an Asian girl, and Sayla is more competent. She's likely one of the pilots too. The Federation is significantly less corrupt, and GMs show up earlier. Amuro is totally a manly man by the end of the story, and the Zeong also gets a dramatic redesign.

The Federation is unambiguously the good guys, and Zeon is far more malicious. Char is a lot more like a young SS officer and he's generally darker as a character.
>>
>>13883377
Valvrave by Michael Bay
>>
>>13883352
lol go allstar with it

Willem Dafoe as Yazan?
Rooney Mara as Fa?
Emily Blunt as Emma?
that kid from walking dead as Katz?
Ryan Reynolds as Quatro?

id be down
>>
>>13890622

That would likely be an improvement. We'd have Haruto be a straightforward hero, basically Kirk to L-Elf's Spock. Also, Saki would be the love interest, because who would pick the boring girl over the exciting one?

No rape, too.

Cain would likely be an obvious vampire, for the Twilight audience. They'd shuck the whole Magius nanomachine cloud plotline for "You're fucking vampires."
>>
>>13890627
It really wouldn't be an improvement unless all you wanted was explosions and really shitty juvenile humor.

Like, I dunno, rape jokes.
>>
>>13890615
That sounds as shitty as the battleship movie they made. Characters with no real appeal to the average viewer. Amuro sounds boring as hell. Zeon skewed from a troubled desperate regime with bad leaders to an all bad all the time party. Feddies bland as hell. Would not watch 0/10
>>
Gaogaigar
>>
Code Geass
I can't even see how it would work. Could Michael Bay ever do a movie where the terrorists win?
>>
>>13891600
Freedom fighters are just terrorists you approve of.
>>
>>13891651
Yeah, but they'd still have to be heroic. Lelouch's whole deal was doing the wrong thing for the right reasons. You'd have to whitewash it of all the blackmail, all the coercion, all the innocent sacrifices. What's left?
>>
>>13891675
>doing the wrong thing for the right reasons

People love that kind of tripe though
>>
>>13891111

I don't agree. Personally, I've always disliked the Tomino-isms, all the weirdly autistic and illogical behavior, from the characters. It's why I think Thunderbolt is basically the platonic ideal of a Gundam series.

I'd be happy to see something that's a war story. Black Hawk Down was near-continuous action where they were fighting subhuman, screeching Africans, and there was still a lot of characterization for the good guys.

I'd argue that it's your typical Gundam series that has characters who don't really appeal to the average viewer. People are confused and bewildered by stuff like Kamille getting incensed and punching people, White Base searching for salt, Amuro going into a sulk after getting slapped, and so on. They want square-jawed heroes killing dozens of enemies, or boys who become badass men.

It's like in Unicorn. What the fuck is up with Banagher's motivations? If the West made it, they would distill it to "I'm going to have to kill as many Nazi Islamic terrorists as possible, to avenge my father and everyone and I know."

He'd also actually kill Full Frontal instead of having Full Frontal just give up on living. It'd be a big setpiece boss fight instead.

Hell, even Laplace's Box would have to be changed. It's too abstract for an average viewer to grasp. It'd be something that disproves Zeonic ideology or something, or a freedom thing. I mean, it's completely inconsequential in Unicorn.

They'd have to rewrite all the shit that Vist did, too, because he was going to hand the Unicorn over to Al-Qadea. Maybe it's be simple as the Sleeves attacking the place trying to steal the Unicorn, instead of him being about to give the Unicorn to them.
>>
>>13883114
>Michael Bay's Gravion

I wouldn't want Michael Bay to live on this planet anymore.
>>
Mary Sue, daughter of supersmart guy Dr xstien, inexplicably learns the ins and outs of a cutting edge war machine just in time to save the day!
Oryan Empire, vicious war hungry blond hair blue eyed colony on the edge of space come to claim to be the true newtypes who are to inherit the galaxy, including the earth for themselves
Theres a trilogy about Mary Sue where she not only earns the respect of the entire galaxy by beating up the racist bad guys
She earns the love of the gruff battle tested captain of the SS Argaminator that flys them around on their escapades,
But also the hot blooded Oryan Wunderkind, who eventually defects for her.
Only to be left for the cold, inappropriately older aged, ace edgelord (with a secret soft side only she gets to see) sjw who she was trying to out do the whole time

>Que spin off spin off trilogy taking place 13 years later with Mary Sue jr doing the same thing with a new mech
>>
>>13892536
>tl;dr
>13 year old girl from earth saves the galaxy from nazis on pluto
>all the boys love her
>>
>>13892374
It's not Gundam without Tomino. Well there are some non Tomino gundams that are actually good, but the best of the franchise will always be the Tomino shows imo.
>>
>>13890626
Ryan Reynolds can't be Quattro. You need someone who's kinda smug, with a little hint of emotional baggage, and an invisible air about them that makes you wonder if they're a pervert.

could Woody Harrelson be a CHAR?
>>
>>13892579
>Woody Harrelson

"HALLE BERRY COULD'VE BEEN A MOTHER TO ME!"
>>
>>13890615

You want Char darker ? Is killing Garma for something he had nothing to do with not enough ?

And leave Zeong alone.
>>
>>13883114
NGE
I win.
>>
>>13893332

The Zeong has a kind of crude, unfinished look. They'd probably make the head more like a skull, give it a smoother finish, so it looks more complete as an entity.

Also, Char would have to be more obviously evil instead of goofy. For some reason, I kind of see Christian Bale in the role. The guy from Pacific Rim would be an excellent Sleggar Law.

See, in a sci-fi movie, people want gravitas. They don't want a lot of the silly bullshit that comes with Gundam. Being a Newtype would basically become having the Force complete with sound effects, and every would speak portentously all the time.

The GMs would likely be more along the lines of the ones in Thunderbolt. I'm also pretty sure that the Gundam would get a Full Armor upgrade for the final battle to sell more toys, and the sword duel wouldn't happen in zero-g; it'd happen on an equal footing to look less goofy.
>>
>>13892374
People love Kamille punching though
>>
>>13894289

It's silly and weird. And Western audiences don't like campy. Remember the Green Lantern movie with Ryan Reynolds? Yeah, no.

If Zeta started, it'd start with Kamille roughed up, spitting blood and in handcuffs, because he took part in a student protest or something. He's here because some fascist nightsticked him in the face, if you want to be topical.

If you want something more traditional, and to show that he's a maverick, he was a military cadet until he got into a fistfight with a shit-talking officer. All grim and gritty and RAWWWWWWWWW.
>>
>>13883114
0083 I want my top gun in space directed by Micheal Bay.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they ever decided to make a Gundam movie in the US using this. It would be unoriginal, have tons of call back, the plot could be ripped apart so you wouldn't need to know the original back story and it could have a nu-synth/ 80's throwback soundtrack.
>>
If any Gundam show would have an actual shot at getting a western film adaptation, it'd probably be Wing because of all the nostalgia surrounding it. Good thing is, it'd probably have the better (well, extremely low actually, but good when compared to the others) chance at maybe turning out halfway decent. I mean, I wouldn't even put Leos above Stormtroopers when it comes to mook, so that'll be a comforting similarity.

It's all fucked and over with if they don't put in Heero's laugh, though.
>>
>>13883234
This is the one case where this can work out well
>>
>>13883114
>Ghost in the Shell
It would be better than what we're getting IRL.
>>
>>13883121
It would be the same but with more explosions.

And maybe Kira is more edgy, and a vampire instead of a coordinator.
>>
>>13894945
what if Kira was a laser beam
>>
>>13894940
I thought that was exactly what we're getting IRL. I've heard rumors that they're taking the "Take an unrelated and shitty script than replace all the names with names from something good." They did it with Starship Troopers, they did it with I, Robot, and it's GiTS's turn now. The worst part is that people will still go and fucking see it.
>>
>>13894325
>it could have a nu-synth/ 80's throwback soundtrack.

Are you implying that 0083 doesn't have one of those already? Ep 1 intro, Back to Paradise...
>>
>All of the songs are just reused popsongs being covered by the actresses instead of new ones
>Lydian is just a regular college instead of being a music highschool, let alone having a government facility/space laser underneath it.
>Use the FIS as villains because Fine is too unpure for Amercan children
>Hibiki loses her parents at the concert for maximum drama
>Tsubasa is less edgy but still has a sword up her butt
>Kanade is a non-entity after the first 15-20 minutes, Hibiki starts using Gungnir at the concert because America doesn't like timeskips
>Genjuro is played by Samuel L Jackson, all his Kung-Fu teachings are replaced with WWF/E Marathons
>Chris remains unchanged and was still working in Val Verde building pyramids as a kid
>Miku is a boy
>>
>>13895001
What about the gayness? Can we still keep it?
>>
File: 1438537033127.jpg (74 KB, 886x664) Image search: [Google]
1438537033127.jpg
74 KB, 886x664
>>13895551
This is a Christian country, son.

Women can bathe, change and have unsupervised sleep overs together, but that doesn't mean us Muricans are ok with them being nude in one another's company.
>>
>>13894296

You appear to be dead set on taking all the Gundam things away from Gundam, barring names and locations. Perhaps this isn't the franchise for you.
>>
>>13895962

I'm pointing out that all this stuff is pretty niche. You want a Western Gundam, you'd get Thunderbolt. A Vietnam-era Gundam directed by Hollywood wouldn't be the 08th MS Team: It would be Platoon.

I can even tell you how it'd be like.

Ensign Shiro Amada is dropped right into the shit, in his shiny new Gundam. The base he's at is the equivalent of Valley Forge. All the soldiers are demoralized and on drugs, and they suffer constant attacks from guerillas, who fucking hate them. (In contrast to the actual OVA, where the guerillas were on the side of the Federation.)

He ends up losing companions one-by-one to snipers, pit traps, drug abuse and despair. His Gundam becomes increasingly grungy and patchwork as the fighting gets more savage. The Captain of the last functioning platoon seems to take Shiro under his wing, though he rules his men with an iron fist.

Eventually, Shiro gets the news that the Federation is pulling out of not-Vietnam. A Zeon force lead by the Apsalus swats aside all resistance, and the demoralized, desperate men of the Federation mount up in their Mobile Suits for a savage final battle. The enemy is numerically superior, and any pilot who falls is summarily hacked to pieces when sweat-soaked natives swarm over his cockpit.

It turns out that the Captain has been training Shiro, because he knows that the Ensign is a natural-born killer, like himself. He's always told Shiro to hold back from savagery, because there's a time and place for everything and "It'll come when you call."

Shiro goes berserk. When he runs out of ammunition, he uses his Gundam's chaingun as a club and literally beats the enemies to death. The fight ends when an artillery barrage comes down on the area and indiscriminately kills everyone.

At the end of the show, when a patrol arrives to relieve the base, Shiro is one of the few survivors. The movie ends with him - now hardened and grizzled - acting as a mentor to a new group of fresh enlistees.
>>
>>13896230
Why the fuck does this sound better than what we originally had?
>>
>>13896230
>Terry "The Reaper" Sanders trains Shiro to be a grizzled badass

I want this movie to be real.
>>
>>13896245

What, really? I was just kind of thinking of a pastiche of Vietnam-era movies, to point out that the cultural zeitgeist was very, very different in America. Like, it would certainly be a very dark movie because that war didn't go so well for America: They wouldn't make a war about triumph in Vietnam, for instance.

Still, I'm glad you guys liked it. Gundam done by the West doesn't have to be bad, just different.
>>
>>13896343

Also, I was thinking that Norris Packard would lead the final assault, and would likely be the one to kill the Captain. Since this is a dirty guerilla war, his Gouf Custom would be sort of a bogeyman to the Federation, and a personal antagonist to Shiro's mentor.

Also, the Apsalus is simply a superweapon to break the stalemate (instead of flying to Jaburo, it's just to penetrate the defensive line at the Feddie base). We'll have this thing hovering above the battlefield, torching gun emplacements, turrets and defenses to slag, while the dirty, beaten-down Feddies mount a suicide attack to take it down.

And once the defenses are breached, Charlie comes swarming over the wire with Zeon mobile suits and AK-47 wielding savages who throw grenades, detonate satchel charges, and basically lend a human-scale to the Mobile Suits blasting at each other.
>>
>>13890154
Micheal Bay might actually be able to do TTGL justice, but I would pair him with Tarintino to be safe
>>
>Getter Robo Armaggedon
You know what? This could work out if it had a really crazy-ass director. I can't imagine it being trimmed down into a PG-13 movie by Hollywood at all, though. Removing the extreme violence and demonic shit would probably make the show almost unrecognizable in a movie adaptation.
>>
>>13883116
Can't get any worse
>>
>Paptimus Scirocco played by Benedict Cumberbatch

pls
>>
>>13897175
Get the director and writers of Deadpool to do it.
>>
>>13894959
As a gits fan I have to go see it, even if it will be crap.
>>
>>13902140
Even if you give them your money?
>>
>>13883377
A jesusMC who solos a bunch of super robots, now with even more explosions, the calm alpha pride of the USA-coordinated Earth Freedom Army. Versus a now much less ambiguously evil blonde rival climbing up the chain of rich space nazis.

It would be the show everyone already thought they saw.
>>
So this serves as an easy test to tell whether certain /m/ series are shit. Nice.
>>
Itt: cuckoldry 101
>>
>Fast and the Furious: Superhero Edition
That could actually work.
>>
>>13883114
>Eureka Seven
You know, if Lionsgate or someone with similar YA experience did it this might not be so horrible.

It would have a really shitty focus on the romance, but it would keep all the essentials.
>>
what would christopher walken be good as/in
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.