[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RightStuf Now Owns All Gundam?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5
File: page050-051.jpg (1004 KB, 1694x1200) Image search: [Google]
page050-051.jpg
1004 KB, 1694x1200
Well, it seems that my MediaFire account was shut down simply because RightStuf says they own all things Gundam (omitting a lot since 4chan thinks it is spam):

Dear MediaFire User:
MediaFire has received notification under the provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") that your usage of a file is allegedly infringing on the file creator's copyright protection.

The reason for suspension was:

I, the undersigned, CERTIFY UNDER PENALTY OF PERJURY that I am an agent authorized to act on behalf of http://www.nozomientertainment.com whose exclusive copyrights are being
infringed. The information in this notice is accurate.

Original Works & Copyright Holder(s):
The Right Stuf International, Inc

The work in question is ©Copyright Translated Japanese Anime

Gundam Series

----

Thunderbolt Vol 6 started it all... and now everything is gone. All that is rather amusing considering they somehow managed to link to folders that contain works that I haven't made available to the public nor officially released under ZS. It's only taken, oh, 12 years for this to happen on a large scale, but it does make for an interesting attempt at continuing to release things. Guess I'll just have to move to Mega now for releases.

Then again, I did file a counterclaim asking them to prove they have a license for English release of everything they flagged on my account. Which, if true, would mean that they licensed every Gundam manga in existence and would have to prove that.
>>
>>13869007
thunder vol 7 when?
>>
Serves you right you filthy pirate.
>>
>>13869016
Hey, I pay for all my material out of pocket. It's the people who download who are the pirates :P
>>
>>13869007
mediafart can be jerks
I got my upload of Macross Mecha Graffiti pulled from it.
>>
>You Wouldn't Download a Gundam
>>
>>13869042
thunder vol 7 when?
>>
Damn. This has me a bit concerned. Matter of time for me too?
>>
>>13869095
make multiple copies on/offline
>>
>>13869097
this
worst case scenario you can just set up some magnet links and post them here
>>
>>13869007
this was all i found on their website

they dont even sell the fucking manga
>>
File: ss+(2016-02-12+at+06.20.46).jpg (156 KB, 986x670) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-02-12+at+06.20.46).jpg
156 KB, 986x670
>>13869138
forgot pic
>>
File: 1454506381804.gif (576 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1454506381804.gif
576 KB, 400x300
>>13869148
> Thunderbolt Boys Excite adult manga
>>
>>13869138
Probably already have the rights to the ONA when it's complete and can be put out on disc. Hence the crackdown.

Not THAT uncommon for a company to start patrolling for something they've secured before it's out.
Though this one might be born out of jumping the gun.
>>
>>13869062
How will 3D-printing affect the Gunpla industry? And Gunpla Battle?
>>
>>13869007
Cry me a river Deacon, the manga is non-canon now.
>>
>>13869007
Please tell me you kept back ups?
>>
File: 1453319290829.jpg (73 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1453319290829.jpg
73 KB, 500x375
>Using MediaFire
>2015
They may have great speeds, but last I remember, they're fucking nazis with copyrighted shit, especially after The Great Megapocalypse
>>
Hey, when Gundam is involved I always buy it even after I've downloaded the stuff. Got to make sure they still keep it coming.

There are just some other series that aren't worth the price.
>>
>>13869095
Could you switch From a Place Beyond the Blaze to zips so I can get that before anything happens please
>>
>still using mediacuck
>>
>>13869007
Sunrise after Bandai Entertainment went under went looking for new homes for the us rights of there shows The Right Stuf International, Inc is currently Sunrise's us rights holder for the gundam franchise and to keep it they have to enforce copyright for sunrise in the NA market.
>>
>>13869822
Done. A compilation is in the pastebin now.
>>
>>13870070
yet despite that fact they dont sell anything but the latest gunpla from thunderbolt and thats it
>>
>>13870070
Only took them twelve years... still doesn't explain the other non-public folders. I doubt that Mediafire would do anything so rampant as attack everything with the Gundam name. Oddly enough though, Gundam W Glory of Losers somehow managed to avoid being on the list of flagged items... :/
>>
>>13869007
>>13870258
The reuploads on mangafox also got taken down due to "licensing" so it's not just mediafire
>>
>>13869007
What is wrong with that carrier?
>>
I bought the first two chapters in a local bookstore, and I saw no evidence Vertical is credited.
>>
作者の意見を翻訳するとホワイトベースとガンダムとジムを用意した、ザクを中心に改造した部隊を使って攻撃してくれ俺は(作者)は挑戦を受ける(楽しく遊ぼう)

だと思う
>>
>>13870070
Wait, okay, so then what's the problem with SRW these days? Is it Macross Frontier? BX seems like it could have been no big deal to localize. All the hard shit (dubbing requirements, absurd variety licensing) shouldn't be a problem anymore. Even Harmony Gold isn't gonna be a problem in a year or two.
>>
>>13872918
Are you talking about The Origin? Vertical got those first few volumes out before the RightStuf acquisition
>>
>>13869007
Rightstuf is the official distributor of Gundam in North America. So, if Sunrise tell them to take something down then Rightstuf has to go take it down. It is not uncommon for the Japanese to force a US licenser to do this kind of stuff .
>>
>>13873842

Nope, Thunderbolt.
>>
>>13873895
Where do you live?
>>
>>13869007
Why don't you upload to a private tracker? It sucks for the people who are not in it but at least it's less likely to get spotted and taken down that way. I know AB allows ongoing mangas to be uploaded.
>>
>>13874031
Someone did upload Volumes 1-6 on Nyaa, but of course that has been going down lately
>>
Put them on Mega and give the files a bullshit name.
>>
>>13873895
What country are you from? I know there is an official English translation but I don't think it's distributed in North America
>>
>>13874010
>>13874082

The Philippines. The translation I bought had "Claudia Peer".
>>
>>13874066
Pretty much this
>>
Man, Vertical is going to be pissed when they find out RightStuff owns Origin.
>>
>>13869007
So TPP has begun?
>>
File: open-source violin.png (54 KB, 740x352) Image search: [Google]
open-source violin.png
54 KB, 740x352
>>13875363
This is DMCA. People have been clamouring about it since 1996, it's not our fault that the rest of the world only started listening in the last few years.
>>
>>13869603
>The Great Megapocalypse

I never gave a damm about creating my anime collection before that catastrophe.
Now I am paranoid as fuck and download as much as i can despite I am biting more than I can chew.
>>
>>13874755
The Peer spelling wasn't known until her "gravestone" appears in later volumes, so I just based it off of what Google suggested as a spelling.

It'll be interesting if I get a response from contesting the flagging of the content though. I argued that "Gundam series" is a vague and/or ambiguous umbrella term and that they need to prove documentation that they have licensing rights for English releases of the series they flagged. If they do, I guess everyone can start hounding them for when an official english release will appear in NA :P
>>
>>13873658
>Wait, okay, so then what's the problem with SRW these days? Is it Macross Frontier?
Even if the same licensing company controlled every property in a SRW game, it would still have to negotiate dozens of music rights contracts with dozens of different parties, which are way more trouble than such a niche series is worth.
Everything, EVERYTHING comes down to music and the shekels needed to pay for it.
>>
>>13877729
Soundalikes don't have to pay royalties, that's why ACE has vocal editions.
>>
>>13874010
>>13874082

An apology. I didn't mean Vertical, I meant Right Stuff. I got the two confused, and for that, again I apologize.
>>
>>13869007
A lot of times, Western licensors are pressured and/or possibly contractually obligated to send C&Ds out on behalf of a Japanese content owner, probably to maintain good business relations.

Funi went on a spree doing this a few years back for shows they had not even announced. RS probably needs to watch things a bit more closely that are Gundam-related, even if they're not directly licensing them. You have to imagine RS has a shit load of conditions built-in to the Gundam contract, possibly to make it more affordable, or to even secure it in the first place. Remember, Funi didn't want to touch it because of Sunrise's "you must license it all at once" clause.

It appears that RS can at least choose which ones to do, and when they can release them, but they still have the two-year rule for Blu-rays, and they've used Sunrise boxart for everything so far. This probably eases their financial burden on dealing with the whole series, but it's anyone's guess.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.