[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
thunderbolt episode 2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9
File: 4353452.jpg (178 KB, 864x1195) Image search: [Google]
4353452.jpg
178 KB, 864x1195
Does anyone still have the raws for this?
>>
File: 1429559429847.jpg (3 KB, 125x93) Image search: [Google]
1429559429847.jpg
3 KB, 125x93
>>13862412
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=780806&showfiles=1
>>
>>13862412
tl when?
>>
>>13862532
The episode will be released day 12, and I think that it will be simultaneous with the subbed version of stream services.
>>
>>13862532
Friday
>>
just watched it with subs
>>
ost when
>>
File: 4X3MyTq.gif (3 MB, 400x169) Image search: [Google]
4X3MyTq.gif
3 MB, 400x169
>MFW didn't know shit about Thunderbolt and thought Io was an edgy redesigned Ridden when first seeing this teaser pic
The High Mobility Zaku is what threw me off, I swear.
>>
Why did they hire Otaking for it?
>>
>>13864041
Not enough solid black shading to be Otaking.
>>
>>13864042
and there's not enough indicators of heavily relying on software to hide lack of talent
>>
Official subs are out now for ep 2. Some goofy flash video streaming site had it and I saw it. I am glad my improvised subs were better translated in places than I thought!
>>
>>13864057
>>13864042
such pitiful salt

>>13862412
this shit was fuckin fantastic, holy fuck.
>>
File: 87648754754.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
87648754754.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>13862412
goddamn
im totally fine with having to wait a whole month just for another 15 minutes of this if it can maintain this level of quality
that was actually exhilarating. and i think it really balances the action well with the peaceful moments too, I like how if they are using the soundtrack its just there on a radio as part of the rest of the spaceship ambience. I could watch a whole series like this, people just floating round dank metal tins tinkering with their mechanical legs or watering tomatoes.
>>
File: N20160212TB_3.jpg (143 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
N20160212TB_3.jpg
143 KB, 600x337
>>13862412
GUNCANNON
U
N
C
A
N
N
O
N
>>
>>13869296
they job hard
>>
>>13862412
wait for it to be released then buy it.
>>
Ok so major changes are:

-Fight at the start was new
-Parts of chapter 5 are used in this episode, cutting a bit of Daryls flashback, had his family by his side after he wakes up in a hospital, but omitted the details on his family's status.
-Chapter 6 is almost completely omitted, I think only his addicted line made it through which makes Io seem like a worse person than he actually is.
-The Sniper battle between chapter 7-9 has many alterations, notably Shawn dying, Io being way more blood thirsty, and Daryl losing an arm in the battle (he originally threw the cracker before Io got near him, getting away unscathed).
-The fleet battle in chapter 10 happens at the same time as the sniper battle in the anime. Notable alterations are the Federation steamrolling Zeon in this version (draw in the manga), omitting a few cool sequences, and Daryl not losing an arm while staying in the Papua's capsule area (the capsule area is still hit in the anime, however).
-Chapter 11 had minor alterations, but nothing of note.
-Chapter 12 had a chunk of it happen at the start of the episode (Io's fathers suicide), the rest hasn't happened yet.
-Chapter 13 didn't have Daryl's promotion party, an cut straight to the amputation talk (it was less solemn in the manga), and the launch sequence for the Psyco Zaku has a few bits omitted.
-I think the amputation sequence was new?
-There's also no mention of the repaired GM's, or the balls they were using (they pretty much lost the last of their GM's in the fleet battle, and didn't get more until the reinforcements arrived).
>>
Official subs when?
>>
>>13869302
Job is when a promising character fucks up, they were piloted by kids.
>>
>>13872080
"Jobbing" is a wrestling term for people whose earn a paycheck by losing to other more prominent wrestlers to make them look stronger
>>
Enjoyable for what it was

I'm glad instead of trying to fit so many chapters in an episode they found a way to show it all happen at a brisker pace, especially the musical sequences. It also helps cause I find that the manga dragged for periods feeling very back and fourth. Still there is a happier medium in between these two. As cutting down goes though they have done a pretty good job, though it is something you need to read the manga first otherwise I could see people being lost

Looked great, I really want one of those Sniper Zakus
>>
Why not just adapt an OVA or a 12 episode anime? I can't get into this knowing it is only 4 episodes. The whole time I was annoyed that they were doing this and became negative to the show.
>>
>>13875354
I think it is because they have so many products on the table and another more constant show would draw attention from IBO (they thought people would care)
>>
File: promotion party.png (682 KB, 728x1032) Image search: [Google]
promotion party.png
682 KB, 728x1032
>>13869497
Tell ya, I really missed that part of Daryl promotion party on the medic bay. Those little bits really make the characters feel more human.
>>
>>13869497
>notably Shawn dying

You don't know that. Almost no one thought Shawn lived in the manga until we got that side story about him surviving, and most people called it an asspull given how they were in the thunderbolt sector which never even showed Earth in the background in any panel at any point making surviving in a pod -> crash landing on Earth pretty much impossible.

He survived the manga, so if they wanna put that side story in he will survive in the anime too.
>>
>>13875354
>Why not just adapt an OVA or a 12 episode anime?

In part because it's still ongoing and to try and do a full series out of it would likely mean going the dreaded 'We'll have to make up our own ending' route.

So they focus on just the first arc which...well...doesn't have a whole lot of content, so they can fit it all into 4 15 minute episodes.

Seriously. See if you can still find the scans out there. This covers all of 2.5 vols worth of manga, most of which is just straight action. This is about the right amount of time to give it for a relatively faithful adaptation.
>>
>>13875355
>>13875354
It's an advertisement for the manga with the bonus of promoting the existing models on top.

Literally "Go read (buy) the manga" is its purpose and the reason its being released as short OVAs online. It will probably end with Zeon reinforcements capturing everyone so that you have to read the manga to find out what happens next.
>>
>>13876420
Well it's 4 episodes right?

So next is psycho Zaku and child murder. And then 4 is after that battle + A Baoa Qu?
>>
>Only EngSub on nyaa right now is a literal google-translation of the SpanishSub

What the fuck is HorribleSubs waiting for?
>>
>>13876480
Horrible don't translate they steal
>>
Why is Sunrise so late with the official release?
>>
Damn this shit is fucked up

REALLY weird gundam
>>
>>13877554
Wasn't the raw we got a leak?
>>
File: 1054561.jpg (18 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1054561.jpg
18 KB, 400x300
>>13877596
There needs to be more bloodthirsty MC pilots in Gundam.
>>
So is the blaze subs shit?
>>
>>13879069
Yeah. I watched it with those, and they were terrible.
>>
>>13879223
hyper-realistic is the term you want.
>>
>>13879223
>this is pretty much how a Western director would make a Gundam series

So shit for tasteless cucks, just like regular Gundam.
>>
>>13862412
Doesn't look like veeryone is hype for this anymore. what happened?
>>
>>13880571
It's like juicy fruit gum, it's amazing and thrn it's gone in like 5 seconds.
>>
I cant even find the subbed version of Episode 2. Why isnt it on Horriblesubs?
>>
>>13880599
Because HS rips from other sites like Crunchyroll that actually do sub themselves and doesn't really do anything themselves.
Just check nyaa.
Also, how new are you?
>>
>>13876302
The major difference is the manga cut away before he died, so him surviving (even if it was complete bullshit) had to some weight to it.

Here, we see Io blowing him the fuck up, and the explosion happened along the area the cockpit's located. There's no way he lived.
>>
>>13878514
I grabbed it from the Gundam Fan Club app so it was sorta official. The wide release was supposed to be the 12th.
>>
>>13879223
It isn't realistic, it has the aesthetic of realism but it is still somewhat dumb and silly

It was made to appeal to an older audience who want something real but they can't go actual real. It's like how fast and the furious is about cars but it isn't really a movie for car lovers as it is so easy to call bullshit on stuff and they turn into weird crime dramas as time go on. What it does is sell the idea of being a car lover, this sells the idea of being a realistic gundam.

>>13880571
There isn't much to go on about. It's very pretty, got an amazing soundtrack that is well utilized to make points with no words and create an atmosphere yet has quite shallow characters (mostly cause of stuff cut) but is still able to make them into something

It's a little effective nugget that is beautiful and well directed
>>
>>13880604
I know thats what HS do, I'm surprised they havent ripped it off someone other site yet is my point.
Thanks for the alternate site though.
I lurk, not new though. On a Mecha binge atm.
>>
TEARS OF SADNESS INTO TEARS OF JOY!
>>
>>13880798
It's because it's not officially released on any site
>>
So what the fuck is going on with Bandai/Sunrise?
>>
Man, anyone got more music like ED2? holyshit I've listened to it over a 100 times now.
>>
Holy fuck /m/!.Why didn't you tell me before this was already out?
Io is so based i hope he kills all the cripples.
>>
>>13888542
Check out the album Mingus Ah Um
>>
File: .png (2 MB, 1280x1412) Image search: [Google]
.png
2 MB, 1280x1412
Zeon: not even once
>>
>>13888542
the horribly mangled english really kills it after like, the 5th repeat
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.