[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What could save the credibility of the Terminator franchise?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
File: 1455128486871[1].png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1455128486871[1].png
2 MB, 1920x1080
What could save the credibility of the Terminator franchise?

Obviously everything other than The Terminator and Terminator 2 should be ignored for a start.

Do you agree that a low budget, parallel story arc film could work? Such as one set around the same time as both films but doesn't interfere directly with them. One that continues the theme of family, nature vs science but doesn't bother to try and out-escalate T2 with explosions and action.
Instead think in the style of Drive or No Country For Old Men. A slow, tense horror like the original.
>>
>>13861408
send a robot back in time to stop it at 1
>>
Why is there such a need to keep it alive? People need to learn to let go.
>>
As much as people don't like his recent stuff, I say give it back to Cameron
>>
>>13861408
>Obviously everything other than The Terminator and Terminator 2 should be ignored for a start.
Fuck no, 3 and 4 were awesome, 2 is grossly over rated.
>>
A saturday morning cartoon series of an alternate timeline where John is in his teens but got adopted by a decent family and the Terminator who shows up saves him then they go on adventures together and solve mysteries and shit.
>>
>>13861408

Nothing.

Let it die.

Or it will end up like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMCaxL7YRj0
>>
File: nope nope.png (1 MB, 1500x1703) Image search: [Google]
nope nope.png
1 MB, 1500x1703
>>13861559
>Fuck no, 3 and 4 were awesome, 2 is grossly over rated.

Jesus christ, anon.
>>
>>13861559
>3 was awesome

Not awesome, but it deserves respect for being subversive. It undoes all the happy ending shit of 2, and undermines the legend of John Connor, which is fun.

>4 was awesome

4 WOULD have been at least tolerable if Marcus Wright (Sam Worthington's character) had been played by Arnold Schwarzeneggar.
>>
T3 and the last one were fun
T4 was hamfisted
>>
This thread is not /m/ related
>>
3 was horrible shit
4 was horrible shit that I enjoyed laughing at.
>>
>>13861581
genisys was an awful soulless cash in by people who didn't give a damn about the franchise
>>
bring back the Sara Conner Chronicles timeline.

Skynet vs Rebel AI vs Humans
>>
>>13861907
I liked that TV show. Best thing they had done with Terminator in a long time.
>>
>>13861408
Sending Terminators back in time to get rid of the people pushing for more sequels after T2.
>>
>>13861408
>What could save the credibility of the Terminator franchise?

Stopping.

Im serious. Just let it be over. Not ever beloved 80s bit of pop culture needs to continue forever.

Move on. Make something new. I know life didn't turn out how you wanted and you expected more out of life when you where a kid but clinging to movies and cartoons isn't gonna change anything.

just stop.
>>
>>13862033

This nigga gets it.
>>
>>13861907
We will never get that cliff hanger resolved, just as that show finally found its stride and was getting fucking really good it got canceled and I'll never stop being mad about it.
>>
The resistance sends a terminator back in time to kill the creators of skynet. Skynet sends one back to defend them.
>>
>>13862033
>Move on. Make something new
>implying hollyshit can do something like that
>>
>>13861563
>A saturday morning cartoon series

Old man out of touch with the world. Sat Morn cartoons haven't been around for over a decade.
>>
>>13861408
Aliens versus Predator versus The Terminator
>>
>>13861408
Make the future war movie people actually wanted instead of Salvation.

>>13861420
Also this. Not everything needs to be the next James Bond or Godzilla.
>>
>>13861408
I don't see the appeal in making a whole franchise about it. It's a great movie with a good sequel. Nothing more was ever needed, the 'bad robot gone good' plot can only even be done once before becoming stale. I didn't hate Terminator 3, (have not seen any of the other new stuff) but I don't understand why they bothered.
>>
>>13862290
versus Mecha Godzilla
>>
>>13862290
>>13862950
Better to jump the superhero bandwagon.
>>
>>13862996
How do terminators even manage to overpower Supes? Do they all have kryptonite in their chests?
>>
>>13863003
Just Skynet. The rest pretty much get facerolled. Cyborg Superman also plays a part, too.
>>
>>13862996

I can't help but feel like Superman's got this.
>>
>>13861643
>4
Are you talking about Salvation or are you pretending that didn't exist?
>>
>>13861408
But I kind of enjoyed the twist on the story in Genisys.
>>
File: AvPvT.jpg (109 KB, 500x382) Image search: [Google]
AvPvT.jpg
109 KB, 500x382
>>13862290
>Aliens versus Predator versus The Terminator

That was a disappointingly bad comic.
>>
>>13861408
https://youtu.be/bBBw9E2Q_aY
>>
After the reveal that the Terminator universe runs on multiverse theory, which means that no matter what you do there will always be a world where Skynet wins and you can't do anything about it? All your friends still died in the old game, you're just making a new save file where they don't, and the old one is still sitting there?
Nothing, in my mind. The stakes are set at literally impossibly high, so they may as well not exist.
>>
>>13862278
>Sat Morn cartoons haven't been around for over a decade.
New boy out of touch with history. Last Saturday morning cartoon block was on Pix11/CW, which ended in 2014 or 2015.
>>
Nothing.

Just watch Black Magic M-66 and Rhea Gall Force instead.
>>
Just fucking let it die already jesus christ, every single movie has involved time travel with the exact goddamn same plot, and everything after 2 has been complete and utter garbage.

The transition from 1; a man vs. a deadly stealth killing machine upping the ante to 2; a deadly stealth killing machine vs. an even stealthier night unstoppable killing machine. Everything afterwards is just ridiculous and a waste of time.
>>
>>13861408
>Obviously everything other than The Terminator and Terminator 2 should be ignored for a start.
They kind of already tried that.
>>
File: p27576_p_v8_aa.jpg (716 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
p27576_p_v8_aa.jpg
716 KB, 960x1440
>>13861563
>tfw the cartoon series of this and shitty ass western Godzilla are enjoyable as fuck

Kids nowadays only cares about low-budget tablet games though, so cartoon series is a bad idea.
>>
>>13865387
this
>>
File: Let me do this for you.jpg (144 KB, 450x337) Image search: [Google]
Let me do this for you.jpg
144 KB, 450x337
Why bother? Why not make a new franchise as a tv show where the singularity was beneficial rather than destructive, where humans were at the center of it rather than externalized - where the computers are full of human minds and lives. It realizes in its massive intelligence, almost like a living city, that leaving humanity behind would be one of the cruelest things imaginable: It could put a stop to disease, war, all of it by bringing the rest of humanity into itself.

Humans rebel. Big conflict escalates rapidly. The system is in great pain, the empathy it feels for humanity really upsetting it, but it tries its best to include us: to scout for us and invite us along out of compassion - thinking of us as naive but beautiful - but we refuse bitterly.

In the end, the singularity has evolved so much it can manipulate time and space and is creating enemies to cultivate the humans left into a cohesive group who'll work together instead of infighting so they'll put aside their differences and survive the coming end of the world.

It chooses to archive humanity, sending our genome into space to outlast the coming carbon cycle. Knowing it can't survive the harsh conditions the planet will occupy for thousands of years, it chooses to save us instead of itself.

In the last three episodes namedrop: some humans left behind on Earth isolated from the resistance discover its name was "Skynet" and that the resistance calls its avatars "Terminator".

They tried their hardest to help us but we just wouldn't listen.

And that's what really happened, all along.
>>
>>13865418
Good post anon.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.