[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tokyo: The Last Megalopolis/The Last War
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 28
File: Katospell.jpg (12 KB, 190x253) Image search: [Google]
Katospell.jpg
12 KB, 190x253
Does anyone know if rips of this bluray release were ever put online? It looks to be a collection of both Tokyo: The Last Megalopolis and Tokyo: The Last War. I haven't had any luck finding legit copies of the two films anywhere online or via torrent sites.

I'd love to actually read the novels, but sadly, only the movies appear to have been translated.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E5%B8%9D%E9%83%BD-Blu-ray-COMPLETE-BOX-%E5%8B%9D%E6%96%B0%E5%A4%AA%E9%83%8E/dp/B00XX815OG
>>
>>13854144

I love M. Bison.
>>
File: shiryu.jpg (90 KB, 422x750) Image search: [Google]
shiryu.jpg
90 KB, 422x750
>>13854177

Shiryu of the Rain from One Piece is also based on Kato.
>>
File: doomed.png (189 KB, 359x226) Image search: [Google]
doomed.png
189 KB, 359x226
>>13854177

Kato --- Bison
>>
File: washizaki.png (213 KB, 500x267) Image search: [Google]
washizaki.png
213 KB, 500x267
>>13854177

The General from Riki-Oh is also thought to have his appearance based on Kato.
>>
YouTube currently has the full movie up - check taintedbeef's channel. It'll probably get nuked by the copyright nazis soon, though. We all know how TOHO films are about that.

Also, only the first movie got translated. I have been trying to push to get a fansub done for the second (TAISEN), but they all want me to pay them large amounts of money I don't have.
>>
File: meditation.jpg (46 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
meditation.jpg
46 KB, 640x480
>>13854144
>>
>>13854224
J-Decker has a Kato parody as a villain in one episode.
>>
File: takadamonsterarmy.jpg (53 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
takadamonsterarmy.jpg
53 KB, 600x400
>>
I remember watching one of the OVA with shin megami tensei general. I don't remember it being particularly /m/ related though. How good is the live action one?
>>
File: katoback.jpg (26 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
katoback.jpg
26 KB, 480x360
>>13854229

Thanks, so much! This is great. This will allow me to rip it from the channel.

That's a bummer about the second movie not being translated. It's the odd man out as the OAV is out there translated.

Maybe some day it will get the treatment.

Again, thanks a lot.
>>
The Blu-ray is not on ADC, so it has probably never been ripped.
>>
>>13854486

Ah, good call.

Thanks.

Is there even a RAW of Tokyo: The Last War floating around? I looked on the wiki page and besides the Bluray release last year, it doesn't mention anything.

There had to have been a VCD or DVD of it I would imagine.
>>
>>13854313
HR Geiger.
HR muthafuckin Geiger.
His special effects for Gakutensoku, the Gōhō Dōji robots, and the multi-armed buddha statue mech alone are cool enough for me to consider the first film /m/

>>13854329
Glad to help bro. The western fandom for the TEITO franchise is basically nonexistent because the source material - the novels - cannot be translated. When I say "cannot" - imagine, if you will, 2000 pages of footnotes for every 500 pages of story, at very minimum.
>>
>>13854500
The Last War is fansubbed on ADC. I know this isn't really /m/ but I'm interested in this series. I never watched any of it because my ADC account was in bad shape, but it's recovered since then (I really can't spare ratio now though because of some stuff I'm waiting on.)
>>
Holy shit I was actually trying to remember what this was for the past few weeks.

In return I offer random trivia in the hopes that it jumpstarts someone else's memory: FOOF is a chemical compound that violently (perhaps an understatement) reacts with everything.
>>
What are those hats called that Kato wears? Raido Kuzunoha's hat kinda looks like is, as does the one Itoshiki wears in the Zoku SZS opening.

More importantly, would I look autistic wearing one in public?
>>
>>13854523
>would I look autistic wearing one in public?
You look like a tool or autist wearing any hat these days unless you have 10/10 male model looks.
>>
>>13854501
>HR Geiger.
oh Geiger, how many shitty movies will I sit through to see your designs in action
>>
>>13854501

Damn, I'm guessing those footnotes are due to the historical aspects of the series? Yeah I imagine a western publisher wouldn't be keen on tackling that. Such a shame.
>>
File: lastwar.jpg (35 KB, 255x360) Image search: [Google]
lastwar.jpg
35 KB, 255x360
>>13854511

Do you have a link?
>>
>>13854567
ADC is a private tracker. You're gonna have to get on it yourself. I don't mean to be rude, but it's the truth. Send in an application and they should let you in, they let me in two years ago pretty easy. It's kinda like signing up for Animebytes.

>>13854542
Not a Darkseid fan I take it?
>>
>>13854587

Ah I see. I'm familiar with that sort of thing from the pr0n world.
>>
>>13854587
download it then upload it to mega
>>
>>13854923
Or better yet, nyaa. With any luck they can consider it to be toku.
>>
>>13854224
I suspect Javel/Javert/whatever from Kamen Rider Ghost is also Kato based.
>>
>>13854587
>Not a Darkseid fan I take it?
and Species
and this
>>
File: Kato Maruo.jpg (116 KB, 459x640) Image search: [Google]
Kato Maruo.jpg
116 KB, 459x640
>>
File: Ll2VhRK[1].jpg (33 KB, 500x327) Image search: [Google]
Ll2VhRK[1].jpg
33 KB, 500x327
>>13854523
>What are those hats called that Kato wears? Raido Kuzunoha's hat kinda looks like is, as does the one Itoshiki wears in the Zoku SZS opening.

Commissar caps.

Are you a Commissar in the USSR? If not, then yes you'd look hyper autist.
>>
File: 1426521727820.jpg (388 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
1426521727820.jpg
388 KB, 1000x1500
>>13855196
>calls it a fucking 'commissar cap' as if they were invented by the bolsheviks and come in only one pattern
drown yourself in acid you ignorant fuckape.
>>
>>13855209

Easy, anon, easy.
>>
File: Smtds-raidou-kuzunoha4.jpg (552 KB, 2608x3774) Image search: [Google]
Smtds-raidou-kuzunoha4.jpg
552 KB, 2608x3774
>>13854144
>>13854207
>>13854217
>>13854224
>>
>>13854511
Anon, we're talking about Teito Taisen, AKA Tokyo: The Last War. That's on ADC, but it ain't subbed.

I'm guessing you're thinking of Sekai Daisenso, AKA The Last War, which has been subbed forever. It even got a VHS release.
>>
>>13854177
Came here to post this
Was not disappointed
>>
>>13855551
Oh shit, okay. Nevermind, sorry.
I should have noticed the 1961 in the title.
>>
>>13855551

You have a line on a RAW other than that secret ADC place?
>>
>>13854217

How has Capcom not been sued for copyright infringement? They're practically identical.
>>
>>13855685

Because Kato is the progenitor of all these character designs. He's the source, the rest of the characters are a tribute/inspired by his design.
>>
>>13855653
Nope, it's not at the usual suspects, but I only use like three sites for Asian stuff so there could be more I don't know about. I guess you could try their IRC channel?
>>
>>13855763

Good deal. I'll do some hunting. At least I got that first one to watch. That's big.
>>
>>13855196
Imperial Japanese Army hats. Pre-WWII type (Katō's is Type 45 I think, while Raidō's is some unholy fusion of the Meiji era hat and a Gakuran)
To call them "commisar caps" is to forget that the Russians got the design idea from the Japanese during the Russo Japanese war. Russians actually refer to these hats as "Yaponski caps" sometimes because of this.
>>
File: TeitoAmanoCovers.jpg (190 KB, 1380x635) Image search: [Google]
TeitoAmanoCovers.jpg
190 KB, 1380x635
Here are some covers to the TEITO books by Yoshitaka Amano.

If I ever win the Powerball, I think my first priority is opening a small press and getting these into English. For the betterment of western culture.
>>
>>13855172
The artbook is pretty great.
>>
File: katovkato.png (168 KB, 384x252) Image search: [Google]
katovkato.png
168 KB, 384x252
Kato Vs Kato
>>
>>13857292
My father has all of them, from last time we were in Japan. I thought about getting them translated, but the amount of money required for a fan translation even would be quite a bit, and anything further than that would also require licensing from Mr. Aramata himself, whom apparently the Translate Teito Monogatari Into English! Facebook page has already tried to contact multiple times.
>>
>>13855704
And yet, not a single female as of yet? For shame! That'd be such an opportunity for the anime industry to jump on.
>>
>>13860305

I'm really surprised he or his publishers haven't initiated something. Him especially. He'd be getting money for work he already did and expand his audience.

Oh well. I just noticed the spin-off section on the Teito wikipedia page. Going to pick up some of these flicks, like That Great Yokai War movie.
>>
File: esdeath.png (311 KB, 591x980) Image search: [Google]
esdeath.png
311 KB, 591x980
>>13860313

Hmmm... now that you mention it I think maybe Esdeath from Akame Ga Kill (a manga and it has an anime adaptation)
>>
>>13856595

I/m Russian and I've never heard "Yaponski cap" or anything of that sort in like 30 years of my life. This kind of cap is called фypaжкa which apparently has something to do with army supplies, the word probably probably lifted from Polish (they call it "furazerka").
>>
>>13854538

What if it's just a baseball cap?
>>
>>13856595

Isn't the cloak something cops at the time wore as raincoats or something?
>>
>>13855685
What are you talking about, Dictator's clothes are red
>>
File: yokai-kato.jpg (24 KB, 425x237) Image search: [Google]
yokai-kato.jpg
24 KB, 425x237
Damn, it looks like they didn't give Kato the classic outfit in the spin-off film, The Great Yokai War. That's a bummer. I guess it must take place in a different era.
>>
Note:
Watch this movie after reading a bit of Japanese occultism and inthe XX century. You will thank me
>>
Besides what's been mentioned, there's yet another movie called Teito Monogatari Gaiden, but it's apparently so lewd (even moreso than the OVA) that some of the audience members WALKED OUT OF THE SCREENINGS. You have to screw up pretty badly for that to happen.
>>
Just read about this, suddenly Raidou Kuzunoha doesn't sound that original anymore.
>>
>>13861428
Is playing a few SMT games enough?
>>
>>13861456
>too lewd for a japanese audience

The fuck did they do, have the actresses actually come out of the screen and molest the audience?
>>
>>13861502
No, the movie simply wasn't very far off from being exploitation. Besides, if you already were a fan of the source material, you'd be appalled too.
>>
I don't want to sound like an asshole, but wouldn't the added blu-ray resolution actually make it look like crap by exposing all the effects and shit?
>>
>>13861532
I would think considering the insane budget of the movie for a toku, it would hold up well.
>>
>>13861468
Yeah. And just a little idea of the latest jap emperors and notable catastrophes
>>
I don't even know why this is /m/ but I must say thanks to the OP, who was not a faggot today, for making me discover this stuff.
I love japanese games from the 80's where there's an ancient evil being revived by an occult villain, and this is right up my alley.

Hell I was expecting the ninja from Shin Shinobi-den to appear one moment or the other.
>>
>>13861589

Glad the thread exposed the series to some new eyes. My cousin suggested I post the query on /m/ as it is toku related. I guess there are some metal monsters in the first movie as well.

That's disappointing they moved away from the source material. I know I get pissed off when western novels get bastardized, but it sounds like they must have really taken things far in the case of the Teito OAVs.
>>
>>13861607
>I know I get pissed off when western novels get bastardized, but it sounds like they must have really taken things far in the case of the Teito OAVs.
It doesn't help that Rintaro was involved. Also, the whole Legend of the Overfiend popularity wave.
>>
>>13861532
This was a movie that played on film on big screens, so no; it's what it's meant for.
>>
They never translated the novels, did they?

I've always wanted to take a look at the source material.
>>
>>13862266
Nope, not a single one. You thought bringing over LOGH in any form was impossible? Try dealing with gobs of history notes in thick novels.
>>
>>13862275
Guin Saga sends its regards. Fucking Japs and their eternal book series.
>>
>>13861635
>Teito OAVs
On one hand, a lot of the criticisms that were put forth in the video that one reviewer did panning them weren't valid due to his lack of understanding, but on the other hand, Doomed Megalopolis WAS pretty damn fucking bad. He did get two things right at least, firstly being the soundtrack sounds like a MIDI and the second thing being that you cannot unsee the Bible Black art style (same animators!)

>>13860576
Hilariously, it's actually Imperial Japanese Army issue. There are the cloth ones, summer and winter, and the waterproof ones. I have three of them because apparently my autism is off the charts (I have /cos/played as Kato many times)

>>13860563

The name isn't used anymore, no, but the name stuck around into the early commie days. My reenactor friend has a book from Russia in the pre-WWII era that uses the colloquialism.

>>13860552

In uniform, Not Quite.
In powers, Definitely Not.
>>
File: tumblr_mszri3fWDc1rawb5do1_500.jpg (195 KB, 500x716) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mszri3fWDc1rawb5do1_500.jpg
195 KB, 500x716
I'm surprised there hasn't been at least a manga adaptation that's been translated into English.

It seems obvious the novels are a way long shot due to all the footnotes, but a manga series shouldn't be that hard.

Is there plenty of action in the series to keep things going? Or is it heavy on dialogue and exposition?
>>
>>13863598
No idea, but someone did the prologue. Back in 2013.

http://avery.morrow.name/blog/2013/06/the-tale-of-his-majestys-capital/
>>
>>13863981
Very cool. Thanks for posting that.

It seems like the oni is coming to collect his arm.
>>
>>13854501
>cannot be translated
Bullshit. It's probably not a financially viable project but it is far from untranslatable. I saw one publisher say that it was full of references to things that westerners wouldn't get, but the level of obscure historical detail that was researched for the series makes it practically as inaccessible to the average Japanese reader as well, and that didn't stop it from being successful there.

That being said, my dream would be a heavily annotated version with tons of footnotes anyway. I've already got tons of files full of notes and references and translated excerpts scattered around my hard drive, it is absolutely something that a dedicated translator could pull off if they weren't interested in being reasonably recompensed for even a fraction of the work that would have to go into it.
>>
>>13864667

Indeed, publishers won't touch it, but a fanlation would get us DMCA'd/sued/whatever probably.
Believe me bro, I want this to happen as much as you do, but I'm not sure how we'll pull it off unless they release a new anime or film for us to piggyback off of hype.
>>
>>13864963
>us DMCA'd/sued/whatever probably.
pussy
just use burner email accounts and rehost it a bunch of places
unless you're looking for money or fame there's nothing they can do to you
and if you're looking for money or fame than fuck you
>>
File: kato.jpg (10 KB, 300x161) Image search: [Google]
kato.jpg
10 KB, 300x161
>>13864983

anon please, redirect your rage. This has been a positive thread.
>>
>>13862275

Before it happened, it wasn't seen impossible so much as it was "who would do it?"
>>
>>13862879
>Hilariously, it's actually Imperial Japanese Army issue. There are the cloth ones, summer and winter, and the waterproof ones. I have three of them because apparently my autism is off the charts (I have /cos/played as Kato many times)

Oh ok. I thought it was just a rain poncho.
>>
>>13864667

...Hey, is this the cosplaying anon? Just wondering, how high is your own level when it comes to obscure historical kaiheitai command terminology?
(I might have a question for you if you've got good reference sources.)
>>
>>13854229
thanks friend will be checking this out tonight
>>
So is it wierd I felt sadder for Gakutensoku's death more than some characters?

Seeing all those demons ripping apart his wiring and tubes while he tirelessly worked to try and set the bomb filled me with more tension than the rest of the film.
>>
File: kato last war.jpg (27 KB, 856x482) Image search: [Google]
kato last war.jpg
27 KB, 856x482
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLmqAzIXuKY
>>
>>13865806
Not really. It's meant to be a tense moment in the film and the robot's creator doesn't want to see it destroyed because he cares about it.
>>
>>13854177
You mean Vega
>>
File: sep.jpg (103 KB, 610x191) Image search: [Google]
sep.jpg
103 KB, 610x191
>>13866257

Vega is indeed a more appropriate name for him. A celestial body, fits with the occult aspect of the character. Blame Mike Tyson ;)
>>
>>13861251
Great Yokai War takes place in modern Tokyo. It's also aimed at a more general audience.
>>
>>13867180

Ah I see. I'll still give it a watch since I'm desperate for any content related to this series of novels.

The teasing of that prologue got me even more interested, too.
>>
As for references, don't forget Roy Mustang's gloves have symbols on them too.

>>13868299
Did anyone else hear that snippet narrated by Wakamoto in their heads?

Also I'd bet you anything that a proper ova of some sort would cause fans of tv series Hannibal and Marvel Loki to declare the MC their Precius Babby Who Did Nothing Wrong (tm). I can see the fanworks already...
>>
I watched the film and I don't get why Kato wants to destroy Tokyo so badly.
>>
>>13868956

He's an Oni, and in mythology the Oni were destroyed in order for the Yamato clan to establish the nation of Japan.

So Kato wants to destroy the foundation of the empire that killed his ancestors. Keep in mind the movie never tells you this, even the books don't reveal it until way later. At that point in the story he seems like just a sorceror.
>>
>>13865238
Indeed.
>Kaiheitai
You mean the SNLF, I assume? I can try. What info are you looking for?
>>
>>13863598
According to wikipedia there's at least three manga adaptations.

>Teito Monogatari (帝都物語 aka, BABYLON TOKYO?), illustrated by Kamui Fujiwara, published by Kadokawa Shoten in 1987 and republished in 1999. A visual adaptation of books 1-4. (ISBN 978-4049260038)
>Teito Monogatari: TOKIO WARS (帝都物語 ワイド版?), illustrated by Yōsuke Takahashi, published by Dragon Comics in 1989 and republished by Kadokawa Shoten in 2008. A visual adaptation of "Advent of the Devil" (book 5) and "Great War in the Capital" (book 6, formerly book 11). (ISBN 978-4776794141)
>Teito Monogatari (帝都物語?), illustrated by Takashi Kawaguchi, published by Shogakukan in Big Comic Spirits in 1987. It is currently unavailable in book form.

Doesn't sound like any of them are currently in print so they maybe hard for scanlators to get a hold of.
>>
>>13863598
>It seems obvious the novels are a way long shot due to all the footnotes

It's not impossible.

If someone could bother writing The Annotated Alice, this can be done.
>>
>>13869716
I wonder if Hox could do those, considering he's managing to tackle one of Yokoyama's longest manga.
>>
>>13869481

Sorry, might not have come across correctly. I meant pre-war command words like "at ease" or something like that. I'll get down to the nitty gritty if you do have data on that.

There's also the lyrics to this one song I'd like to check... I'll try to dig up more specifics (it's been a while since I've come across this) in the meantime.
>>
I started watching Tokyo: The Last War....wow. They really don't do scene transitions, huh? Quick cuts not showing that time has passed and you're onto the next scene.

Damn Kato raped this girl I take it? I just saw the scene with her vomiting the stomach worm up.

I'm streaming this to my TV through Chromecast, so I have to run into my room and back it up at times in case I miss out on the lore, but so far it's pretty good.
>>
>>13870167

Started reading the Wikipedia entry along with watching the movie and it's helped a lot. The YouTube sub doesn't translate all the kanji such as the announcement of the Meiji Emperor's death, etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokyo:_The_Last_Megalopolis
>>
>>13870167
>>13870212

The Last War and The Last Megalopolis are 2 different movies.
>>
>>13870167
>Damn Kato raped this girl I take it? I just saw the scene with her vomiting the stomach worm up.

Yes, but he's not the father of Yukiko.
>>
>>13870271

Yeah, my bad. I meant The Last Megalopolis.

I WISH I could watch The Last War, especially now.

>>13870283

The plot thickens. I just got past The Great Kanto Earthquake

Kato is an interesting villain. Strong enough where he's superior to anyone so far, but not god-like.

The way he's trying to continuously awaken Masakado's ghost is a bit stalkerish, though. Like a guy who keeps going after the same girl time and time again after she rejects him.
>>
>>13870292

The series itself is a wierd take on Masakado. I don't know why he would destroy Tokyo if awakened, he's the guardian diety of the city. Unless him waking up would remove the divine protection on the city.
>>
>>13870167
>>13870292
You're gonna feel really sad when the demons attack Gakusentoku
>>
File: Tokyo-_The_Last_Megalopolis.jpg (64 KB, 330x472) Image search: [Google]
Tokyo-_The_Last_Megalopolis.jpg
64 KB, 330x472
>>13870315

Yes, indeed. He was what allowed this to be on /m/ after all. Well that, and that weird thing Kato summoned at the end to fight Keiko with was a bit mechanical.

>>13870283

Oh shit. That came out of nowhere. So the brother and sister were boning? Or was that some type of a sorcerous union? That really was unexpected. I take it the novel must go more into that. But come to think of it, the guy was a work-a-holic, was that his way of keeping away from his sister? I guess Japan doesn't have laws against incest, as they appear to be a family unit later.

This was a great movie. I'm sure the books are better and this condensed a lot of things, but damn, it's better than nothing.

>>13854229

Thanks a ton anon for pointing out it's on YouTube anon
>>
>>13870444
>So the brother and sister were boning? Or was that some type of a sorcerous union?

It's implied it wasn't entirely consentual.

And yeah, a lot is compressed. To put it in perspective, this movie is the first FOUR books in the series.
>>
>>13870469

Jeez. I liked it better with her being Kato's kid.

I think I'm going to try and find summaries for the books online somewhere. This movie seems fairly faithful, albeit condensed from what I'm reading. The Last War seems to take some liberties, though.
>>
>>13870473

There's also the OVA, which isn't great but it's certainly watchable.
>>
>>13866829
>Blame Mike Tyson ;)
You mean Mike Bison.
>>
>>13870473
>The Last War
Apparently they ran into some problems during the making of that film, so some planned elements had to be cut.
>>
>>13869716
Chinese manga website has chinese translated Kamui Fujiwara's one.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-02-13-13h30m17s011.png (197 KB, 624x360) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-02-13-13h30m17s011.png
197 KB, 624x360
>>13871409

Do you have a link?
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-02-13-13h31m52s140.png (168 KB, 624x360) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-02-13-13h31m52s140.png
168 KB, 624x360
>>
>>
>>13866829
Maybe, but I could never accept Claw having a name as ugly as "Balrog".
>>
>>13871489
http://manhua.dmzj.com/ddwy/9672.shtml#@page=1
>>
>>13871534
Untick the tiny box for auto size fit below the ad next to another box.
>>
>>13870479
Really?
I've always thought that anime was amazing. The surreal way that real-life historical events were blamed on the supernatural elements, the long span of the story, and the extreme creepiness of the supernatural elements made it a 10/10 for me. Of course that was back in the late 90's when I first saw it, but it's held up to repeat viewing.

Is the source material really that much better?
>>
>>13871588
An 'professional' anime critic gave it a negative review a while back, mainly because of the rape. So now you got people bandwagoning against it.
>>
>>13872078
PEople were wierded out by the stalking and bug-rape even back in the days when these were still offered as part of the porn-section
>>
>>13872078

That's not the reason I dislike it. I just think it tries too hard to be 80s edgy and it goes against the source material as a result.

I mean the first movie is labelled in the US as a horror film, but unless you have emotional attachment to a robot and don't want to see its wiring ripped out with teeth, there's nothing really scary in the movie.
>>
>>13871534

Thanks. Definitely going to check these out.
>>
>>13864963
>I'm not sure how we'll pull it off unless they release a new anime or film for us to piggyback off of hype
Well Tokyo Ravens just came out a couple years ago and that's pretty much just Teito Monogatari fanfiction mixed with highschool battle action hijinx. Of course TR doesn't seem that wildly popular either.
>>
>>13871534
>http://manhua.dmzj.com/ddwy/9672.shtml#@page=1

Thanks again for posting this. I'm currently "reading" the first tankobon on there and I can sort of fill in the gaps that the movie left out.

For instance, it seems a few things happened between Yukari saw the shiki and the ritual scene. In the movie she sees it and they go right into that scene out of nowhere.
>>
>>13875486

Well, I believe I checked out the first tankoban in its entirety. Not sure if I can proceed to check out more, but I'll poke around on that site and see if I can't progress to the next volume.

I have to say, even the manga would have a lot of text to translate. Sure there's some action, but this isn't a shonen fighting manga like dragonball, one piece, naruto, bleach, etc. The translators are going to be busy translating text without much of a break for fight scenes.

I think the art is excellent, though. Especially the cover and color pages. If the novels aren't feasible to translate, I would say the manga would be a nice consolation prize.
>>
>>13877206
That seems to be the only one the chinese scanned online. Tried searching using keyword "帝都" on the site & googling "帝都物语漫画".

>>13875486
According to the chinese, Kato used fortune telling as a ruse & said Yukari may require exorcising & have her swallow a herbal pill called "bug in the stomach" which he assured is totally safe. Of course it's actually a voodoo pill.

She was then incarcerated at the hospital for one year, diagnosed as delusional after being rescued by an author. Kato told them he's gonna fetch her either way, even by force using shikigami & reminded them again at the hospital sometimes after, an entire year since the rescue did that author seeked help from the Tsuchimikado clan just in time to figure out Kato is coming for Yukari tomorrow & help to fight Kato.
>>
>>13875065
The fellows who watched it apparently liked Tokyo Ravens well enough.
>>
>>13866829

I like the English names more.
>>
>>13878618
>That seems to be the only one the chinese scanned online. Tried searching using keyword "帝都" on the site & googling "帝都物语漫画".

Bummer, but thanks for looking for more, anon.

Also, thanks for that summary, too. That makes a lot more sense now. Kato wasn't so full-frontal assault apparently as he was in the movie.
>>
>>13877206
As far as I can see, Happy Scans and Hox are the only ones who could do it. Only problem is whether they'd be intereste--
http://hoxtranslations.(blog with a spot).ca/2016/02/some-thoughts-on-adaptation-sangokushi.html
Well, everyone, looks like there's some good news.
>>
>>13860313
Kill yourself, tumblrite
>>13872278
>unless you have emotional attachment to a robot and don't want to see its wiring ripped out with teeth
You don't belong on /m/ if you don't feel this way
>>
>>13880891
He's not a tumblrite. He just wants rule 63 Kato to be his waifu.
>>
File: 1453491471235.gif (903 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
1453491471235.gif
903 KB, 300x200
>>13880694
>http://hoxtranslations.(blog with a spot).ca/2016/02/some-thoughts-on-adaptation-sangokushi.html

YES!
>>
File: tokyo_wars_by_tkrloe-d6pr9ny.jpg (275 KB, 744x1073) Image search: [Google]
tokyo_wars_by_tkrloe-d6pr9ny.jpg
275 KB, 744x1073
I like this fanart piece.
>>
https://desustorage.org/a/thread/136132263/

I found this thread via a Google search. Looks like Hox is planing a Spring translation.
>>
File: 001.jpg (426 KB, 1600x1312) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
426 KB, 1600x1312
>>13883433

Also, there's a mediafire link to the RAW of this volume in the topic.

I flipped through it, different art style and seems pretty weird. Looks like there's a pedophile that plays a role.
>>
>>13854177
OF COURSE

He did that last performance for his kids before he died, you know.
Thread replies: 136
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.