[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished Turn A Gundam. T-they made it, R-right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7
File: moon hippies.png (54 KB, 310x163) Image search: [Google]
moon hippies.png
54 KB, 310x163
Just finished Turn A Gundam.
T-they made it, R-right?
>>
File: rx2f5oQ.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
rx2f5oQ.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>Remember Muron's voice being eargasmic
>Look up his voice actor
>It's Akainu

Also, dey dead.
>>
>>13833788
It's ambiguous and totally up to the individual to decide.

Personally, I think in all likelihood, they just floated off into space or burned up in the atmosphere. Not seeing them in again supports the theory.

But who's to say that they weren't picked up by another ship while on its way to Earth or the Moon?
>>
>>13833830
But the FLAT Is cabable to land on earth, isn't?
>>
These guys were so loyal that I couldn't help but love them.
Moon hippie weirdoes + Harry = ABSOLUTE LOYALTY.
>>
>>13833788
Dis nigga ded
>>
File: turnagundam-lily.jpg (38 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
turnagundam-lily.jpg
38 KB, 500x375
>>13833788
The hippies
Yasop and and Bruno
Lily
crybaby poe
I honestly hated them all at first but i grew to love them by the end
>>
>>13833788
If we're fortunate, they will slowly burn to death as they fall, feeling agony until the very last second their lifes end, so the universe can be spared the pain of their existence.
>>
Wait what happened to them again?

Didn't they land on the moon?
>>
>>13833952
They went full Kars.
>>
>>13833943
Poe existed to job for the Turn A.
>>
File: 1447922600720.jpg (56 KB, 445x629) Image search: [Google]
1447922600720.jpg
56 KB, 445x629
>>13833788
>T-they made it, R-right?
>>
>>13833996

Poe existed to balance Sochie. Sochie spent the first half of the series trying to fuck up the Moonrace as a way of avoiding dealing with her grief, often initiating pointless battles that only led to screwing up the peace talks more. Poe was her Moonrace counterpart, constantly seeking to fight the Earthnoids as a means to salve her wounded pride at losing to them.
>>
>>13834213
Wounded pride ≠ Death of father and fiancee

Poe was shallow as fuck compared to Sochie. I don't mean any personal offense when I say that your analogy is retarded.
>>
>>13834344

It doesn't need to, because Sochie is a main character while Poe is a secondary character. Poe only needs a reason to do the same kind of things Sochie does, not an equally emotive and valid reason. I mean no offense when I say that your inability to grasp a simple concept is retarded.
>>
>>13834213
>>13834353

Sochie engaged in battles on orders of the militia. Poe and her cohorts acted as rogues. That's hardly the same.
>>
>>13834374

Actually, they're pretty much identical in that regard, because Poe and Sochie were both acting on orders from their direct superiors that sometimes went against the wishes of their more moderate leaders. In the case of Poe, she was following Phil's orders and ignoring first Miran (though he sometimes supported their actions) and then Dianna's explicit wishes because, as far as they were concerned, it was for the greater good, and besides, they had to show those Earthnoids savages who was in charge. And in Sochie's case she was acting on the orders of Colonel Michael and going against Guin's wishes (though he sometimes supported their actions) because it was for the greater good and they had to show those Moonrace savages they were just as good as them. Miran and Guin sometimes supported their militia's actions despite possible dangers to the peace talks because as far as they were concerned the risk was worth it if it gave them greater bargaining power during those peace talks or greater chances of their side getting what they wanted. Both Sochie and Poe also initiated battles without any direct orders occasionally too though.
>>
>>13834428
Guin is not in charge of the united militia. After the fall of Inglessa, he has no real power and only uses Lily's affection to retain some influence. At best his authority in the militia only extends as far as his relationship with Colonel Gern. Sochie was never officially part of Inglessa militia. She's soldier in the united Earth militia, but also acts as an agent in the interest of Dianna/Kihel alliance going special missions with Loran.

Meanwhile, Poe is officer of the Dianna Counter and bound by a real chain of command. She chooses to go rogue and disobey lawful orders for the sake of her bruised ego.
>>
>>13834554

None of which really matters because (a) Guin is the one really giving orders even after Inglessa falls since Lily is okay with following him and not taking command during that portion of the show (he doesn't stop until the mid 40s in fact) and (b) the point isn't that their military ranks and motivations run parallel, but that each of them fulfill the same role within their respective factions for the first half or so of the show before things move in to space and Poe becomes less prominent - at which point Sochie has moved on from those problems after seeing Gavane die. They're both the major focus any time that unnecessary battles crop up that endanger the peace talks because both of them want to get revenge on the other side after losing something to them. Yes, Poe's loss is far less emotive, but she still acts because of it regardless.
>>
>>13834598
Sochie doesn't take orders from Guin. She never did. Her actions during the war were either an organized offensive by the militia, a defensive response, or just the consequence of tagging along with Loran on his missions. The only time I recall Sochie attacking unprovoked of her own will was when she spotted Poe's team who were about to attack the Gallop anyway.

Poe however goes along with Phil's rebellion who himself wants overthrow Dianna and become ruler of Earth. Poe is a shit officer who is both petty and seeks a gain in status during the war.

The only common thread between Poe and Sochie is that they both hate each other race. But that's were the similarities end. There are plenty of other characters in the series they display the same trait like Phil, Sweatson, or Sgt Yanny.
>>
>>13834891

> Sochie doesn't take orders from Guin

>>13834428

> in Sochie's case she was acting on the orders of Colonel Michael and going against Guin's wishes (though he sometimes supported their actions)

Good thing I never said she was taking them directly from him then, only that he was the one dictating the direction of and giving orders to the Earth militia throughout the vast majority of the show and that Michael had selectively obeyed those orders as they suited him. That said, she did actually take direct orders from him on occasion during the show, during episode 09 for a start, when she uses the Turn-A against Corin.

She also started combat with the Moonrace without any orders in episode 06 as an example, as soon as some mobile suits had been dug up. She and Miashei realize some suits are watching them and she immediately decides they need to scare them off despite the fact peace talks are ongoing and already fragile at the time thanks to the assassination of a Moonrace official. She has no orders to do so and there's no militia command to okay the idea, just Sid, Joseph and some other low rank militia goons. And the two of them go off and fight Poe and Phil and need Loran to rescue them.
>>
>>13835144

> The only common thread between Poe and Sochie is that they both hate each other's race.

And that they're the face of the angrier and more impassioned but ultimately harmful elements of their side. And that both of them are mainly interested in getting revenge on the other side because of some loss on their part. The main reason that Poe exists is because Sochie does. Sochie being on the good guys side and spending the first half of the show with a chip on her shoulder about the Moonrace and life in general and wanting to go out and kill the Moonrace as a way to avoid dealing with the fucked up family elements that had literally put her curled up in bed in the fetal position unable to face them until Miashei reminded her she could kill some folks necessitates that the Moonrace have an angry jerk on their side so that both sides are kind of balanced out and come across as mutually good or mutually shitty, depending on your position. Which is something the show very obviously did want to come across.

You are taking the idea that Poe is Sochie's balance way too literally and looking to find exact parallels that aren't going to be there and I never intended to indicate were.
>>
Am I the only one who found the Will Game plotline totally unnecessary and useless?
>>
>>13835287
They needed a backstory for the ship and an introduction for Teteh Halleh, but don't worry Tomino kinda agrees with you.

They didn't bother to show Will Game in the Turn A compilation movies and just briefly mentioned him.
>>
>>13833838

The FLAT was damaged anon....

They dead.
>>
File: MS-06_Borjarnon_Front.png (70 KB, 279x406) Image search: [Google]
MS-06_Borjarnon_Front.png
70 KB, 279x406
This thread now belongs to the Borjarnons.
>>
>>13835344
More like Adorbsanons.
So mōe~ They should have gotten their own kits in this style.
>>
first rule of sci fi: no body or confirmation no death
>>
>>13835311

They didn't really need a backstory for the ship, any more than they needed one for the Kapools, Borjarnons and so on. He was more to provide some backstory to Dianna I imagine, but I think a story more focused on her rather than on a romance she once had would be more interesting, especially when dropping hints that she can't remember her parents after so long alive and shit like that later in the show.
>>
>>13835387
So there's a chance that Gavane Goony is still alive.
>>
>>13835311
>character named 'Teteth'
>is actually a titty monster
TOMINOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>13835494
Shame there's really no fanart of her, though I'm sure ithe few that were made were just lost in the interbutts and in the death of hgundam.
>>
>>13835144
>She also started combat with the Moonrace without any orders in episode 06
Huh? You should probably watch that episode again.

Sochie and Miashei were given blessing to go help Sid at the Mountain Cycle by an unnamed Militia soldier who was most likely superior to them. When the Moonrace was spotted heading towards the Mountain Cycle, Sochie and Miashei left to protect the excavation operation and probably engage if necessary. They were right to do so, though, as Moonrace immediately turned hostile. The Moonrace initiated combat, not Sochie or Miashei.
>>
>>13835524
there should be doujins of her, you could check ex-hentai.
>>
>>13835413
>So there's a chance that Gavane Goony is still alive.

I actually held out this hope all through the series.
>>
>>13835674
Anon...I...

No one can survive a nuclear blast point blank.

I held out hope too, but he was no Kira
>>
>>13835627
Yeah, there's a scene of her in something by Rippadou. Also has Four and a couple of the Shrikes.
>>
>>13835144
>she did actually take direct orders from him on occasion during the show, during episode 09

Eh, the lines are a little blurred there.

Guin just offered Sochie some seat time in the ∀ Gundam which she gladly accepted. When Corin started to attack the Militia, again Guin asks Sochie to go out in the ∀ as a "recon mission" that might scare off Corin. The catch was that Guin was aware of Sochie's attitude towards the Moonrace and fully expected her to engage in combat. Kihel and Loran knew of Guin's intent as well.

Guin has no real authority over Sochie as militia soldier. It's like a Mayor asking a favor from the National Guard.

>>13835148
You made it sound like Sochie and Poe were equal and opposite of each other. It's not really the case because both have differ greatly in motive and actions. Sochie had her own share of personal loss during the course of the war. Poe just had a bruised ego. They are not two sides of the same coin which is why your analogy doesn't work.
>>
>>13835763

My intention was never to paint them as two sides of the same coin, only a balance to each other and to point out that Poe almost certainly exists so that there's someone similar to Sochie on the Moonrace side.
>>
>>13835868
Poe and Sochie aren't all that similar to each other, though. They are their own independent characters in the story. For me at least, if one of them were to be written out of the series, it doesn't make the actions of remaining character any less meaningful.
>>
SHI SHISHI SHI SHI SHI
>>
>>13837351
RA SESE RA SE SE
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.