[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
After watching some newer mecha shows, I decided to watch the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
After watching some newer mecha shows, I decided to watch the original Gundam and now need to fill the void it left.

What are some must see 70s/80s mecha anime you'd recommend?
>>
The obvious suggestion would be SDF Macross
>>
>>13832997
Try Votoms, Patlabor, Ideon.

Interested in Supers? Check out Voltes V
>>
>>13833001
Was just about to suggest VOTOMS and Patlabor. Seconding those, especially VOTOMS if you want it to be similar.
>>
>>13832997
Space Runaway Ideon is better than OG Gundam if you ask me.

Also if you're interested in watching VOTOMS I'd recommend Fang of the Sun Dougram first. It's good /m/ history and it's interesting to see how themes and ideas develop over the long length of Dougram and then into VOTOMS.
>>
>>13833017
>>13833010
>>13833001
Patlabor I actually saw a few eps of as a kid (my aunts ex husband used to be a raging weeb and had it on VHS), so I'll give that a go.

VOTOMS sounds right up my alley too, I'll get right on that. Thanks folks.
>>
>>13832997
Combat Mecha Xabungle. Diesel robot slapstick in the wild wild west of Zola.

Fang of the Sun Dougram. Lengthy, somewhat political and intriguing series about a colony planet, Deloyer, and its struggle for independence from the POV of Crinn Cashim and his friends. Very fun.

Armored Trooper VOTOMS. A single man is thrown into a tumultuous conspiracy. Watch as he kicks ass and beats the fuck out of people in his rolling coffin.

Continue watching more Gundam in production order. Following MSG, Zeta follows. Take a break before ZZ, the initial tone change is pretty big.
>>
File: 1-metal-armor-dragonar.jpg (49 KB, 400x315) Image search: [Google]
1-metal-armor-dragonar.jpg
49 KB, 400x315
is this any good? i want to know what i'm downloading.
>>
>>13832997
Macross is GOAT
>>
File: OshfVPN.jpg (2 MB, 1500x2096) Image search: [Google]
OshfVPN.jpg
2 MB, 1500x2096
Mobile Suit Gundam, Zeta, ZZ
Super Dimension Fortress Macross
Macross: Do You Remember Love?
VOTOMS (TV, OVAs, Armor Hunter Mellowlink)
Patlabor (2 Movies, TV Series, 2 OVAs)
Bubblegum Crisis (8 episode unfinished OVA)
Cyber City Odeo 808 (3 episode OVA)
Crusher Joe (Movie)
Venus Wars (Movie)
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind (based on Miyazaki's manga of the same name)
Gunbuster (6 episode OVA)
Legend of Galactic Heroes (2 movies, 110 episode OVA)
>>
>>13832997
Z E T A
E
T
A
>>
>>13833041
Dragonar? The subs are pretty crap, I stopped watching because of them. Hilariously bad. Idk where else to find subs for it.
>>
You couldn't come to the conclusion on your own that it would be a good idea to watch Zeta next?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.