[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When will the "zeta is bad" meme end?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 28
File: 2ae.jpg (70 KB, 668x960) Image search: [Google]
2ae.jpg
70 KB, 668x960
When will the "zeta is bad" meme end?
>>
>>13831391
>Zetafag is too fucking stupid to get two screen caps of Char wearing the same clothes
Says a lot on its own, really.
>>
>>13831391
Once it becomes the majority opinion. Then there will be a small subset of people spreading "zeta is good" which people will then consider to be the meme. After a few years that will be the majority opinion and we'll be right back where we are now. It will go back and forth forever.
>>
>>13831403
Or maybe I'm just not a hipster and know garbage when I watch it?
>>
>>13831403
Zeta is objectively mediocre.
I don't understand either side really
>>
File: 1453158527782.png (244 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1453158527782.png
244 KB, 500x375
>>13831403
>>
>>13831391
>meme
Zetafag detected, I bet you think it's perfect.
>>
>>13831423
I already said, it's objectively mediocre
>>
>>13831391
When you stop shitting all over the superior ZZ Gundam like some insecure baby.
>>
The writing in Zeta is worse than some of the worst episodes in Mazinger Z.

And that's saying something.
>>
>>13831400
>>13831412
>>13831423
>>13831501
When samefags like this are banned.
>>
>>13831413
Both sides are really just shitposters.
>>
>>13831913
Samefagging yourself..
>>
File: received_1021845737838741.jpg (13 KB, 300x162) Image search: [Google]
received_1021845737838741.jpg
13 KB, 300x162
The topic of "Zeta" has become increasingly toxic and filled with unconstructive behaviour that I'd rather just stay away from any thread with "Zeta" as the main topic.

People are butthurt on both sides, just build a bridge and get over it. Can't be that hard to be open about the concept of a show having both "good" moments as well as "bad" moments, in be they writing, mech design, soundtrack etc...

/m/ needs to grow up and stop letting shitposters from /a/ ruin this once beautiful board...

Please, Gundam forbid me.
>>
>>13831923
This.
>>
>>13831470
Why do people bring up ZZ whenever Zeta is mentioned?
You can't really compare them, ZZ isn't even an anime.
>>
>>13831413
It's not perfect, but I think it's the best Gundam series on the whole and pretty good. People just like to start shit.
>>
At this point I'll just be happy if the criticisms start being more focused on shit that actually happened, rather than misinformation or things /m/ deliberately skews for the sake of hyperbole.

It's bad enough when it's done once or twice, but the amount of misinformation I see parroted on this board daily of late is just painful.
>>
>>13832169
Gotta agree. I feel like with Gundam gaining more of a following in the west as of late there's been a growing number of new fans that don't do their time before posting. Like more and more people are spewing opinions without actually watching the material. I'm seeing "I just started ____ last night, when does it get good?" on a daily basis now. Like shit, just watch the show and find out.
>>
>>13831391
When will people stop calling things they disagree with "a meme"?

Zeta gets a lot of shit because it's a series from a massive franchise and is often cited as among the best said franchise has to offer. Yet it's a mediocre at best series plagued with a dizzying amount of issues ranging from poor pacing, annoying characters, bad to horrendous writing, and other than being more complex and having better production values it doesn't really do anything to surpass the original, but is pretty commonly worse in the aforementioned areas. Although it's not a terrible series or anything, it's very jarring to viewers expecting something great then getting a clown show. A big chunk of the series is pure cringe with the Cyber Newtype stuff and it doesn't really go anywhere interesting until late in the second half, and by then it's too little too late.

It's not a "meme" to dislike it anymore than it is to like it. But the criticism is definitely warranted. Clearly for some the good outweighs the bad, but the bad is really bad.
>>
>>13832157
>It's not perfect, but I think it's the best Gundam series on the whole and pretty good.
I disagree but whatever
>>
>>13832223
>Yet it's a mediocre at best series
I disagree. Does that upset you?
>>
>>13831391
Zeta had some really great music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8fvEo5PHGY&list=PL90B3D76EF669F49C&index=6
>>
>>13832256
Yeah dude I'm so mad. Fucking memester. If you crack your window and listen in the distance, you'll hear my muffled REEEEE in the distance.
>>
>>13832223
>2016
>not calling everything a meme

get with the times, memefag
>>
>>13832223
You're definitely improving, shitposter, keep practicing.
>>
>>13832311
Why do you think Zeta is good? This is a legitimate question. Answer in detail, please.
>>
>>13831391
As soon as the 'ZZ is canon' ends.
>>
>>13832430
So you don't want CCA to be canon?
>>
File: Quattroisachar.jpg (188 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
Quattroisachar.jpg
188 KB, 1440x1080
>>
>>13832438
CCA requires that Neo Zeon be removed after Zeta. You could say that it doesn't matter to the story (it doesn't really) but it doesn't interfere in any way. At that point you could just say that Zeta wasn't canon either. Anything that wasn't directly from 0079 can just be assumed.
>>
>>13832944
Why do people care so much about canon?
>>
>>13832954
Black Knight just forgot to put on his trip.

On a serious note I'm not sure. I'm the anon you responded to. It's very clear that 0079-Victory is supposed to be a single canon but outside that I don't think it matters a ton. I don't know why people try to say something doesn't belong to it when it clearly does. It's obvious Bandai will try to rework canon where they can to make as much cash as possible (see: basically any UC OVA) but it's also pretty clear that trying to defend somethink like Black History theories or Origin or Thunderbolt fitting in is a bad idea.
>>
>>13832898
>How is your wife FRAU BAW?

why ALL CAPS?
>>
>>13833009
My theory is that they had all the names written down in caps and copied off of that while using phrases/dictionary/someone with a solid B in high school English to write the rest.
>>
>>13831470
Look. This comes up a lot...
In fact, every time Zeta is mentioned.

You get that OOONE guy who says ZZ is sooo much better.
I like ZZ, but if Zeta was a 10 or a high 9, then ZZ would be a high 7 or low 8.

It's not bad or even mediocre but it is really not better than Zeta. I understand that people underrate it and unjustly attack it, but that, again, doesn't make it better.
You're welcome to like it more, but the only way that makes sense is in the raw personal enjoyment department, and you really can't enforce that on anyone.
>>
>>13833099
I enjoyed ZZ, But it takes a few episodes to get there. I would say it turns around when they literally killed off the comic relief. That was good. Other than the slow start, ZZ is just as good as the rest of the series. It shows more of haman karn, the development of the cyber newtypes, and the evolution of the qubeley. IF people skip over it, they are missing a huge chunk of gundam lore. It is like watching star wars and skiping Return of the jedi. Sure it is not the best one, but it ends it just right.
>>
File: 20081030015331[1].jpg (41 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
20081030015331[1].jpg
41 KB, 450x338
>>13833114
>I would say it turns around when they literally killed off the comic relief

You mean killing off one of the only two decent characters in the entire show? You have some seriously warped taste there, anon.
>>
>>13833156
Eh, Haman karn is the star of the show anyways.
>>
It's just 4chan contrarianism than anything. Everyone likes to differ from popular opinions for whatever reason such as in the shit hole that is /tv/. Zeta Gundam isn't a perfect show by any means but it's better than the majority of what gets discussed here.
>>
>>13833175
Better than most anime.
>>
>>13833099
>Zeta
>10 or a high 9
>ZZ
>high 7 or low 8

Holy fuck.

Zeta is like a 6, at best. ZZ is the same. 079 is 7-ish.

You people need to get some taste, or learn about what good storytelling actually is. I mean, holy shit.
>>
>>13833308
Go back to your crappy adult stuff.
>>
You don't have to be contrarian to know that Zeta is just kind of shit without any preconceived bias.

Some people went into shows expecting to hate them. That sure wasn't the case for Zeta. I went in, expecting a massive improvement over 79, but it was a major step back in every way possible, except the animation, which honestly, wasn't even that good.
>>
Zeta's highs are amazing, but rare. The lows are numerous and boring. While watching Zeta, I could barely see more than one, sometimes two episodes at a time, but now, a year later, I mostly remember it for these few great moments. It's a very imperfect show, but I wouldn't say it's shit.
>>
>>13833380
Compared to other shows at the time like Layzner, it is kind of bad. No wonder Layzner could pull ratings as good as Zeta's.
>>
>>13833387
>No wonder Layzner could pull ratings as good as Zeta's.

Then how come it was cancelled?
>>
>>13833308
What would you consider to be better than 0079 or Zeta? That's /m/ (or at least /a/)? I'm not trying to bait you, just genuinely curious.
>>
>>13835173
Sponsor scandals.

Also when in doubt Japan has shit taste.
>>
>>13833114
There are only three things from ZZ referenced in CCA, and none of them are plot related. CCA can occur without ZZ's Neo-Zeon and it actually makes more sense for Char to recreate his empire if there hadn't been someone doing the exact same thing and colony dropping the Earth for the lulz a few months ago.
>>
>>13833387
Layzner is horrible. When they did the 0079 and Z movies they had to abandon characters and plot lines, not only nothing is lost in Layzner OVAs but they actually had to add more plot. It's complete crap.
>>
>>13836349
>it actually makes more sense for Char to recreate his empire if there hadn't been someone doing the exact same thing and colony dropping the Earth for the lulz a few months ago.

That almost works, but you have the loose thread of Haman still kicking without ZZ.
ZZ needs to be retconned out of existence with a new story that shows what happened to Haman after Zeta.
>>
>>13836409
I would love a Shin ZZ, since Harman not being there is the only thing that really matters in ZZ for posterior shows.
>>
>>13836409
>>13836424
It should be a prequel to CCA, to further enhance the movie.
>>
I don't know if it has been said yrt, but zeta is in fact mediocre. It's an okay show with ups and downs, and overall good /m/ designs.
>>
>>13831391
When will it end
As soon as Tomino gets the adaptation he deserves.
>>
Zeta was pretty good, I liked a lot of the MS designs especially. But I have to say, probably the worst thing about it was the sense of scale, or say, how they conveyed the conflict between the AEUG and Titans. Watching 0079, you actually got a feel of this big ass war happening, especially the last few episodes, it's one thing it excelled at imo. But watching Zeta? I actually thought the Agama was literally the only ship the AEUG had, then the Radish came along, then during when they are going to ram Axis suddenly there is a massive fleet? It just felt bizarre. Also, the newtype fuckery throughout the entire series was tiring, I was hoping for some actual info on cyber-newtypes, and really just something, anything at all really, to tie it together. It just felt so pointless with nothing coming out of it. At least newtype stuff came about much later in 0079, and it was new, and interesting. During Zeta it just sort of shows up, and doesn't really go anywhere. What do people see in Zeta when they say its better than 0079? Not trying to start shit, I'm genuinly curious.
>>
>>13837437
Zeta fans are severe autists who relate to kamille.
>>
Zeta is perfect
>>
>>13833308
Okay you're right, Gundam is shitty, and i need to ruin my enjoyment of everything by measuring it all up against the greatest classical literature i can.
I really still fail to see how Zeta is inherently worse than 0079.
>>
>>13837437
I'm not sure 100% but I'm pretty confident that you copypasted this.

The AEUG didn't have a big ass fleet like the Feds in 0079, they had a few more backup ships, but they weren't nearby/necessary to call in for tje most part.
>>
>>13838291
I didn't copy paste that, why would you think that? Really, one thing I have noticed is that Zeta fans are incredibly insecure about ANY critisicm of the show, calling any post, whether legitimate or not, a shitpost, or trying to invalidate or something by saying it was copypasta, it's ridiculous.

Nevertheless, these ships appear completely out of nowhere with zero explanation, iirc tgey weren't even their in the previous episode, it's just lazy.
>>
Zeta does not deserve the level of shit it gets.
It's pretty alright.
Better than wing, seed/destiny, 00, IBO, G-Reco, BF, and any other garbage.

I would rank it somewhere between 0079 and 0083.
>>
>>13838722
They mention a main fleet for the AEUG several times in the series.
The only reason i called it a copy paste is because I've seen someone word that statement near identically in the past.
It's not that Zeta fans are overly defensive, the issue is that at less HALF of the criticisms the series receives are unfounded or greatly overblown by people who have either jot seen the series, or who didn't finish it, or who don't remember it very well, like the "fight choreography" thing that gets brought up near constantly, or the "it has WAY more filler than 0079" statement that also isn't really true.
If there's anything that got better in Zeta, it was the fluidity of the story and the lack of "padding" (ie stuff like the bigro in 0079).
OH YES believe me there are issues still, namely the issue of Rosamia being an annoyance, but to be honest, I'm having a harder time finding issues to point out than with a lot of series. I could attack the newtype magic at the end, but the ending of 0079 was some 2001 A Space Odyssey acid trip ESP shit, so it's not really a shocker.
Hell the characters aren't even that bad, even Katz surprised me with how largely bearable he was. I hate Hathaway much more because Hathaway DELIBERATELY did a terrible thing.
>>
File: char brutal attack.gif (393 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
char brutal attack.gif
393 KB, 720x540
>zeta thread
>char op
>barely any char images

You've changed /m/.
>>
It's been a while since I've watched Zeta, but I enjoyed the fuck out of and was glued to my seat watching episodes over and over again. It's not perfect and probably a slight step down from 0079, but for a sequel I thought it did an excellent job.
>>
File: 1453720602265.jpg (46 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1453720602265.jpg
46 KB, 720x480
>>13838949
I don't know why everyone considers 0079 so perfect, amuro is the least interesting gundam protagonist of all time
>>
>>13839013
Dood what? Amuro is literally "All Zekes Must Die" so it's super refreshing departure from the norm pacifist protag that every other Gundam show gets. It's why Thunderbolt will be Anime of the Millennium.
>>
>>13839046
>norm pacifist protag

name one other than kira
>>
File: league-militaire-emblem_1.jpg (19 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
league-militaire-emblem_1.jpg
19 KB, 320x320
>>13831391
It's not a meme, it's an opinion.
>>
This series is one of those "classics" of mecha. It was created during Tomino's long (self claimed) stage of severe depression. And by god, does it show. It's not an "emo-tears" anime exactly, but there is as usual a degree of angst in many of the characters, and the one thing the show is undeniably not lacking in is a high death count. It has one of the highest on-screen death counts (often times of main characters) of any of the Gundam series (its beaten by V Gundam, I believe however). It's a complex and interesting military drama that traces the effects of the One Year War and the reprecussions it causes, and the inherent corruption present in both the spacenoids and the eartenoids (and thus humanity in general). It's interesting in that it helps set the tone for the final confrontation between Char and Amuro later on, despite the fact that neither are the main character in this series. We do get to see a different aspect of Char in this then we saw in Mobile Suit Gundam, and we get a glimpse of the true feelings and goals of those who honestly follow Zeon Zum Diekum. Kamille is an interesting character with depth to him, and is well suited to be the protagonist of this series.
>>
>>13839070
I think this guy does the show
Justice, these are all great reasons why I love the show.

>>13839063
Why is it that there's been a huge insurrection of hardcore Victory Gundam fans lately? Is it just the BD's? I don't mind, but it's odd, that series used to get shit on all the time.

>>13839013
While i wouldn't say he's the most boring at all (*COUGH* KOU *COUGH*), i will say that. 0079 is a touch overblown. It's awesome, I spent next to a hundred bucks for the BD's the near instant they were up for pre-order, and it's one of history's great anime, but I don't think it's the best part of the UC story.
>>
>>13839116
No, I genuinely love Victory. For whatever reason the Gundam series is more subjective to taste than usual, so coming to a consensus of which one is best is almost impossible-- or which one is worst.
>>
>>13839127
That's definitely observable.
It's pretty hard to call out a definitively bad Gundam.
>>
>>13831391
Nothing will ever come close to G-Gundam's perfection.
>>
Right after people will stop saying that ZZ is required for watching Char's counterattack.
>>
>>13839170
G Savior.

Can we all at least agree G Savior was terrible?
>>
When /m/ shitposting stops.
>
>>
>>13839270
THIS WE CAN ALL AGREE ON.
I would say that as fat as the UC goes, i could also call out 0083 for being a big mess as soon as the show retcons in some past relationship with Nina and Gato. And the ending was pretty sloppy in general. But it isn't all bad either.
>>
>>13837437
Zeta is set during the Gryps Conflict, 0079 is set during the OYW. Keywords being Conflict and War.

Zeta is smaller scale because not only does it have a very small side fighting another small side, it focuses directly on taking out the head of the Titans.

Had it been a large scale fight we wouldn't be focused on Kamille and the Argama, we would be focused on Hayato and Karaba.

Both sides want Axis to join them so the other side will be crushed but Axis wants to play both sides. Cyber-Newtypes are there to establish that forcing change onto humans is a bad idea and that evolution should come naturally.
>>
>>13831391
It was never a meme; Zeta IS bad
>>
File: zetapromo.jpg (701 KB, 743x1064) Image search: [Google]
zetapromo.jpg
701 KB, 743x1064
>>
>>13839933
Sure. We'll all believe it when you can prove it with no room for argument
>>
Zeta was terrible, all things considered; the terrible characters who make retarded decisions, the back and forth meaningless battles between Kamille and Jerid, the terrible romance, the lazy animation.

Ugh. I wished I never listened to /m/ about it being the best gundam series ever made. I seriously think I'd rather watch AGE again than sit through Zeta one more time.
>>
>>13841419
You probably like wing or some stupid derivative shit like that
>>
>>13839116
>>13839127
It probably helps that more and more people have actually bothered to watch the show over the last couple of years. Before subs for Victory started to make the rounds, people would just repeat hearsay about the show. After seeing all the crazy stuff about Victory in context, some people look upon the show more favorably.
>>
>>13841831
I just wish we had more kits from victory
>>
>>13841840
No amount of fan reappraisal is going to get us more Zanscare suits, and this makes me incredibly angry.
>>
>>13841862
I would chop off my own dick for some HG zanscare kits
>>
>>13841419
1. Almost every character behaved fairly realistically given their circumstances, backgrounds, abd personalities. Irrational decisions were infrequent, and the characters themselves were convinced that they were behaving logically, which is a pretty common thing.

2. Oh you mean the main Rivalry of the show? It was hardly meaningless to Jerid.

3. The show has relatively little romance, and NO it isn't amazing stuff, but that is not the point. However, the few moments where Four is not insane are pretty cute, and there is an element of tragedy to the romance because Kamille is really trying to move heaven and earth to keep her safe and bring her to sanity.

4. Lazy animation? You mean the relatively excellent animation? Have you seen a lot of mid 80's TV anime of this length? Usually they are as good lookin or worse than Zeta. Did you think 0079 had good animation? Because it didn't, although it wasn't the worst of its day either.
>>
>>13841419
>the lazy animation.
See, it's shit like this that makes everything you say look like uneducated drivel.
>>
>>13836478
We don't really need any prequels to CCA. It's an awkward movie in some respects, but what we need to know the movie gives us.

UC in general should've been abandoned after CCA.
>>
>>13841919
As much as I agree, take off your name.
>>
>>13842747
What's wrong with his name?
>>
>>13831391
It is bad though. You think people go into Zeta wanting to hate it? The Gundam fanbase is dedicated and loyal, they don't want the shows to be bad. Unfortunately some of the instalments, including Zeta, just can't be considered good without insane amounts of mental gymnastics and allowances for bad writing.

In the case of Zeta specifically, studio meddling is what made the show bad. The need for the show to have a toy-selling fight scene in every episode, and the need for it to last 50 episodes so it could be selling toys for as long as possible, resulted in a rigid episodic structure that was the exact opposite of what would have been suitable for the story that Zeta tried to tell.
>>
>>13843533
But it has better flow than 0079 desu.
And I really didn't think it was bad.
I like it a lot.
It's probably my favorite Anime, maybe not the best, but ky favorite.

I wouldn't call something bad my favorite tho.
>>
>>13843533
>You think people go into Zeta wanting to hate it?

Given how many people go into it with such bloated expectations, yeah I do sorta get that impression.

From what I understand, most people go into it expecting the highest peak of the Gundam franchise when going into ANYTHING like that is bound to lead to some disappointment regardless. I just went into Zeta for the same reason anyone would watch a sequel when they first hear about it: to see where the story's headed next.
>>
>>13837437
The newtype stuff pretty much ruined 0079 for me, it was out of nowhere. I didn't mind it in Zeta because it had already been established from the beginning.

I think Zeta is better than 0079, neither are amazing but they're both good.
>>
>>13843918
>it was out of nowhere
It's forshadowed constantly throughout the series. Pay attention.
>>
>>13843918

humans evolving a 6th sense way in the future is about as plausible as giant robots and laser maces
>>
>>13843921
If you knew it was coming, sure.
That anon is still a faggot, though.
>>
>>13843973
I watched 0079 for the first time without ever hearing of "newtypes" or anything like that and it didn't surprise me. Matilda calls Amuro an Esper and at one point Bright acknowledges that Amuro's reactions are ridiculously fast. Also, there's the sequence with the three Doms that's really fishy even if you have no idea what the Newtype flash noise sounded like.
>>
>>13843921
>>13843999
It was completely out of nowhere. There was "foreshadowing" regarding the obscure concept of Newtypes, sure, but the fact "newtypes" have psychic beams and telepathic communication came out of left field. Those those things aren't a natural progression to Amuro's reactions being ridiculously fast, at all.

>>13843959
Which is fine if it were part of the initial premise, which is why I don't mind it in Zeta, and I wouldn't have minded it in 0079 if it were developed properly either.
>>
>>13844215
You're making it sound like 0079 is full of newtype magic like Zeta or ZZ was. All they did was feel each other really hard in space. It's not ridiculous, and the concept is slowly developed throughout the series. Seriously, go watch it again.
>>
>>13844215
>>13844321
Ah and I forgot to mention. It is a natural progression. Amuro's reaction time becoming impossibly fast as the series develops progressing to 6th sense/super perception (i.e. newtypism) makes sense.
>>
>>13831391
When Sunrise remakes the Zeta movies to give it back the original ending with completely new animation.
>>
>>13844321
>>13844330
It isn't full of newtype magic until near the very end, which is the problem. The concept isn't slowly developed throughout the series. The word newtype is mentioned for the first time and then ~two episodes later Amuro is shooting psychic laser beams with his minds and then going in trippy psychic connections. There was nothing to ease into that at all.

I think it's pretty clear they planned to develop it properly but then the show got axed so they had to speed through it. Thanks to that though it was developed terribly and left an awful taste after the show was over.

I was really enjoying 0079 up until that point near the end, and then that laughable development came along.
>>
>>13839311
I can forgive 0083 just for being mech porn. God the animation is amazing, and it's generally just a sexy late 80s show.
>>
>>13843918
Tyler is that you
>>
>>13844361
I don't expect mech porn alone from Gundam.
But that remains the saving grace that keeps 0083 from being trash.
>>
>>13843845
I have very high expectations when I go into anything that's being praised here. Only a handful were of a high standard, but Zeta and MS Team are the only ones that were really crappy for some reason.

I just don't trust Gundamfags and their judgement anymore.
>>
>>13844347
It's not as jarringly introduced as you're making it sound. My first time through the series I was expecting something was up, and while the ending of Mobile Suit Gundam was infamously rushed, it was still foreshadowed throughout the series even if it didn't have a hard, proper introduction until later.

I never had an issue with it and thought it was developed well enough.
>>
>>13844455
Oh and 0083 was good?

Somehow that one passed your judgement but 08th and Zeta sucked?
>>
>>13844347
Go watch the scene where Amuro fights the Tri-Stars in episode 24 again. It is trippy as fuck.
>>
>>13846034
0083 was perfect faggot
>>
File: 1451148474190.jpg (127 KB, 1000x749) Image search: [Google]
1451148474190.jpg
127 KB, 1000x749
>>13846175
>0083 was perfect
>>
>>13831391
It's good for gundam.

Even 0079 isn't really that great in terms of story.
>>
>>13846216
It is if you actually take the time to pay close attention to Char's scenes. He's practically the MC of the story even if Amuro gets the screentime. There's a surprising amount of development for Char in 0079 that flies over people's heads most times.

And in Zeta his development already sets up for CCA in a bunch of blink-and-you'll-miss-it moments that you have to watch even more closely for because they're such a small part of the main story while Char doing all his big spokesman shit takes more of the spotlight.
>>
>>13846216
How contrarian are you? 0079 is legitimately a great anime and stands the test of time very well.
>>
>>13846238
You sound just like my friend.

0079 is great, he got me into Gundam. But he likes the UC a lot more than I do.
>>
>>13835929
It will end when this gets answered.
>>
Do I have to watch Zeta or ZZ to watch Char's Counterattack
>>
>>13846337
Technically, no... but it helps understand the story
>>
>>13846337
Technically no.
But you absolutely should.

Why the fuck would you skip like, 2/3's of the main early UC arc?
>>
>>13846337
Just watch it all faggot. They're good shows.
>>
>>13846337
Yes.
>>
>>13846353
I got to episode 30 of Zeta a year ago and barely remember anything. I don't feel like re-watching all 30 episodes of stuff I kind of remember just to get to new stuff.

Or is that stuff even important?

I also watched the 30 episodes before 0079 so I might have missed some stuff
>>
>>13846362
Rewatch it, there's still important stuff to see.
Plus I found Zeta to be pretty easy to rewatch. It's pretty binge friendly.
Also why did you try to watch Zeta first? That's nonsense.
>>
>>13846374
I couldn't find a torrent for 0079 at the time so I just got zeta
>>
>>13846381
Kissanime.to
>>
>>13846381
Ha
>>
>>13832223
>poor pacing
What... You mean having an entire arc in an episode and a half isn't good pacing?
>>
>>13831413

you're objectively retarded
>>
>>13831391
I Can tell you without a shread of doubt that ...I like zeta But The new translation was ..well Somewhat Jarring and cancerous...The Animation shifts from Hi quality to old quality really really fast and I cant ever get used to that ..pretty much lacks consistency which put me off from watching the new translation
>>
File: 1453926388390.jpg (757 KB, 1070x1499) Image search: [Google]
1453926388390.jpg
757 KB, 1070x1499
>>13831391
I don't know, I finished 0079 a month ago and now I'm at ep. 11 of Zeta. I don't know how anyone could call this a bad show. People can dislike it, it's their right, but it's objectively a good show. Not a perfect one, but a solid, well-written and well-animated one. It has its flaws though. For example, Camille 's behaviour in episode 1 was completely retarded, and it's pretty hard to understand who's who and who did what for what reason at the beginning (but it could also be that my comprehension sucks). But it becomes perfectly understandable near ep.4. Also, the mech designs and battles kick ass.
>>
>>13853140
Have you considered that maybe people don't like it because of the 40 episodes of the show that you haven't seen yet?
>>
File: 1445815430446.jpg (53 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1445815430446.jpg
53 KB, 960x720
>>13831391
when /a/ leaves, so never
>>
>>13854134
Yes, but I can't see how they'd fuck it up. I'm a ep. 13 now, and it just keeps getting better.
>>
>>13855274
*at
>>
>>13855274
Be prepared for it to slow down around the middle of the series.
>>
File: 214193.jpg (34 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
214193.jpg
34 KB, 225x350
Z and ZZ a best cause Haman.
>>
>>13831391
When Kamille stops acting like a little shit

Quattro forever husbando
Kamille forever a shit
>>
>>13832094
>/m/ needs to grow up and stop letting shitposters from /a/ ruin this once beautiful board

And you /m/orons need to stop infesting /a/'s gundam thread with your G-rectum shits

Nobody on /a/ wants to talk about that show so kindly fuck off
>>
>>13855274
I'm not saying they fuck it up, because I like Zeta, but 37 episodes is plenty of time to fuck up in completely unexpected ways.

I don't think you can even really imagine what a 50 episode show will be like by the end being 13 episodes in.
>>
>>13855951
Sounds like someone couldn't pay attention
>>
>>13832094
>"baka desu senpai"
>"cuck"
>"shitposting"
>overall noobiness and decay of standards
>mods are also noobs too

Honestly it's the entire site. 4chan's turned into shit, and not the kind worth slinging.
>>
>>13859199
>teebeeaych, essemaych, and family = baka desu senpai
lmao at least /m/ still has some standards
>>
File: kamilledontfuckaround.gif (453 KB, 250x191) Image search: [Google]
kamilledontfuckaround.gif
453 KB, 250x191
>>13859199
sadly this all across the boards.
>>
File: 1454305444023.jpg (130 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1454305444023.jpg
130 KB, 800x800
>>13831413
Zeta is a masterpiece.
>>
File: 1454643823366.png (234 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
1454643823366.png
234 KB, 500x400
>>13859987
>>
I can say without a doubt that Zeta had the most kickass soundtrack out of all the gundams

it made me hype as shit when i heard it
>>
>>13862625
Hell yeah, i bought that shit on CD it was so kickass
>>
>>13835929
>What would you consider to be better than 0079 or Zeta?
Casshern
>>
>>13862625
I like X's a lot.
>>
>>13865602
You just do you man
>>
>>13832223
Really couldn't have put this better myself.
>>
>>13833009
Japan has a weird habit of putting western names in ALL CAPS.
>>
>>13865648
Maybe they think it looks cool.
>>
>>13865622
Likewise. I just think it's silly that 0079 or Zeta should be propped up on some pedestal to circlejerk.

Same goes for Turn-A, LOGH and GitS '95
>>
>>13865690
I think 0079 is a legit good anti-war story, especially in the movie format. Zeta on the other hand barely has any substance to it at all, it's just a war that makes no sense for a cause that makes no sense, with a bunch of insufferable characters. I'd almost chalk it up to it being some weird Japanese cultural thing had I not seen 0079 previously, so I know they can actually write compelling stories.
>>
>>13865706
>especially in the movie format
I agree. Its much more focused.
>>
>>13865706
>cause that makes no sense
Huh? AEUG wants to destroy the Titans because their authority is clearly beyond reasonable jurisdiction and they're oppressing spacenoids. They also want humanity to leave earth in order stop polluting it, and to become new types.

The Titans want to maintain their power using fear and paranoia for the same reasons anyone wants power.

Haman Karn wants to use the Zeon name as a means of taking over space colonies and Earth. Her followers are completely indoctrinated after their years of isolation.

All three factions have pretty reasonable goals and causes wouldn't you say?
>>
>>13865706
Zeta is pretty easily analogous to the usual overstep in government power after a major crisis. The most obvious example would be the US after 9/11.
>>
>>13839070
this. zeta is a masterpiece.
>>
>>13865742
>The most obvious example would be the US after 9/11.
Zeek sympathizer detected.
>>
>>13865731
Alright, but that still leaves the characters unfulfilling, in addition to every member of the Titans coming off as a psycopath and not someone who seems like they have any actual reason for what they do.
>>
>>13865849
Everyone in the Titans was given special privileges and told that they were the best. Emma certainly wasn't a psychopath. Certain non-psychopath soldiers like Lila decided against joining the Titans. Jerid was alright at first. He was just an ambitious kid. Seemed to think that gassing the colonies was genuinely justified. I remember there was one Titan stationed on Earth who was pretty reasonable.

Honestly though, I think you're somewhat right. Zeta isn't nearly as morally complex as 0079 was.
>>
After the utter atrocity that Zeon caused in the OYW, I can't really blame the Titans. Even if they overreacted and gassed a few rebels at least they didn't murder fucking half of humanity.

If they were just super extreme about preventing another spacenoid uprising and not led by a bunch of greedy fucks there'd be some actual ambiguity.
>>
File: crying girl.png (135 KB, 480x354) Image search: [Google]
crying girl.png
135 KB, 480x354
>>13866427
I just hated amuro so much, what a shitty gundam protagonist

>boy genius
>ignores his childhood love interest
>kills like a mad man but has no regrets about all the death he causes
>throws tantrums
>>
File: 1455128744723.jpg (417 KB, 556x5000) Image search: [Google]
1455128744723.jpg
417 KB, 556x5000
>>13867365
Oh,come on.That is kind of sort of the point.
Though people that miss this and hail him like the first coming of Jesus Yamato are just dumb.
>>
>>13839052
Shiro Amada
>>
>>13867365
>love interest
That would require him having feelings for her at all.
>>
>>13870631
yeah but he wasn't a faggot about it. he still handled his shit and killed zeon soldiers anyway despite his beliefs hoping that understanding would come eventually. not any of that don't aim for the cockpit garbage.
>>
File: 4thwall.jpg (60 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
4thwall.jpg
60 KB, 960x720
>>13831391
As soon as the "ZZ is good" meme ends.
>>
>>13870742

So, never? Good.
>>
>>13870693
Bullshit. Shiro was a colossal faggot about it, just in a different way than Kira.
>>
>>13870774

RIP this once great board.
>>
Zeta . . .is good
>>
>>13831391
The only way to appreciate Zeta greatness is when it stands beside similar shows that are bad by comparison. Compare it to any AU for starters.
>>
>>13875744
Or ZZ right?
>>
>>13875744
Or G-Reco ?
>>
>>13875801

G-Reco is a perfect example of Tomino's shortcomings as a director.

>>13875776

ZZ is just fucking terrible.
>>
File: rxrapemachine.jpg (192 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
rxrapemachine.jpg
192 KB, 1024x768
Can we all agree Mobile Suit Gundam was amazing though? Right? just look at how sexy it is!
>>
File: 1451223812227.png (491 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1451223812227.png
491 KB, 720x480
So I am new to mecha and got into gundam because I thought I didnt like mecha cause TTGL was boring after kamina died but I decided to give IBO a shot cause I was bored.

Fuck I love IBO, as someone who is new to the genre, I dont find it to be as bad as people say it is. sure the quality isnt great and it is pretty low budget but I love it. I ended up getting into gunpla cause the models look so cool.

>this thread is about zeta.

So I watched the 3 movies for 079 and am currently half way through the TV series for Zeta. Fuck do I love zeta! god damn.

Kamille is such a likable protag compared to amuro. I fuckin hate amuro, especially in zeta. Char is overall the best character I have seen in any anime but he is so good in zeta.

I am new to /m/ but fuck do I love Zeta.
>>
>>13875817
Lurk moar
>>
>>13875805
>G-Reco is a perfect example of Tomino's strong points as a director.
ftfy
>>
File: 1455015264751.png (576 KB, 640x955) Image search: [Google]
1455015264751.png
576 KB, 640x955
>>13875857
...I've been lurking for months
like since prolly episode 2 of IBO came out I started lurking.
>>
>>13875884
Stick to Aldnoah.Zero faggot.
>>
>>13875817
Subtle. Very well done.
>>
>>13875884

Generally, you should think the opposite of how /m/ thinks.
For instance you should watch A/Z. Disregard >>13875900
>>
>>13875813
Yes, we can. It's simple, looks great and is instantly recognizable. 10/10 in my book.
>>
>>13865731
>. They also want humanity to leave earth in order stop polluting it,

That's not what the AEUG tried to accomplish at all. That's what Jamitov wants
>>
I've started rewatching Zeta. English dub.

>Titans are presented as comically evil doing dumb shit and straight up thugs
>fucked up way of killing of MCs parents for him to become a soldier
>Quattro tries to console Kamile (after parents death) by talking about Char, making Kamile cry even more
>then tells the 2 females in the room "sorry, couldn't help it, I just felt like name dropping MYSELF to feel better"
This sure is a funny show.
>>
>>13879060
>My possible soulmate died at the hands of my rival too and look how well I did.
>>
>>13879088
>and look how well I did
Well.With that sort of comparison it's only understandable that Kamille would get even more upset.
>>
>>13879123
Casval would make the worst counselor always using his life as an example.
>>
without Zeta we wouldnt have the TITANS ans their badass color scheme.
>>
>>13881795
The Titans' machines are really the only part of that show I care for.
>>
>>13832898
Amaro wrote that.....
>>
>>13833016
My theory is that Kai is canonically unable to use his full IQ when writing. Just a strange neurological disorder. He sits down to write or dictate, and suddenly he has the mental capacity of a five-year-old. He gets the scoops, but his editor works overtime.

>They sure should be happy with you.
>I wish I were you.
>>
>>13832898
>>13881878
I always read that bit as "I wish I were gay".
>>
https://youtu.be/f17jJQHHGmY
When it stops being bad, ergo, never.

I won't waste my time arguing on my own, so I'll defer you to someone who's already done the leg work >https://animeaudiolog.wordpress.com/2013/09/29/5-reasons-zz-gundam-is-awful-and-should-not-be-considered-canon/
>>
>>13841840
We never did get a better large(ish) V2 kit than that derpy HG from the early '90s, did we?
>>
>>13881987
>"Zeta Gundam was, in my opinion, one of the greatest examples of mecha anime ever created."
Guess that settles it then!
>>
>katz goes to space
>literally does nothng but fuck up everything
>gets seduced by a child and literally tricked into getting her to escape
>emma starts wondering why they even brought him to space in the first place
>"saved" kamile once
Fuck Katz.
>>
>>13881927
I wish I were gau
>>
File: FF6GauSprites.png (3 KB, 184x96) Image search: [Google]
FF6GauSprites.png
3 KB, 184x96
>>13886645
forgot pic
>>
>>13840029
>prove
>opinion

Ok
>>
>>13886678
Even opinions need something to be based on.
I can't say "I hated that movie, because no reason. It was good but i sure hated it" and not sound fucking stupid.
>>
>>13881846
>Amaro
>wrote that
Who is Kai Shiden?
Thread replies: 210
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.