[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we appreciate how badass Vile was? >Wasn't even actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: Mhx_vilestand.png (499 KB, 728x1151) Image search: [Google]
Mhx_vilestand.png
499 KB, 728x1151
Can we appreciate how badass Vile was?
>Wasn't even actually a Maverick, just batshit crazy
>Rides a fucking mech
>Has a shoulder cannon, machinegun fingers and literal exploding knees
>Doesn't take shit from anybody
>Nearly kills X right at the beginning of the game
>Later on he puts Zero in a fucking cage and managed fight off X, only died because Zero went kamikaze on him
>Came back from the dead two times just to fight X
>>
Him being playable in the spp game was the best shit
>>
>>13801808
Agreed
It's a shame he never shows up again except for a cameo in MMZ 2
>>
>>13801799
what an edgy gm cannon
>>
>>13801799
>Character meant to be a tribute/homage/ripoff of Boba Fett
>Did a more to the protagonists of his series than Fett ever did
>>
>>13801799
>>Wasn't even actually a Maverick, just batshit crazy
Are there really still people who don't understand that "Maverick" wasn't a real condition, but rather just a buzzword to justify murdering revolutionaries? Storm Eagle was a Maverick and he knew exactly what he was doing.
>>
>>13801799
>>13801808
They made him the whiniest little bitch in the PSP version though
>>
>>13803236
Yes and no. There were some reploids revolting of their own free will, such as the Colonel and General in X4, but most Mavericks were infected by the Sigma/Zero virus. I wish X4's story would have played up this angle a bit more.
>>
>>13803341
Well, it's clear that Sigma was at least affected by the Zero virus, but anyone who disagreed with the system got labelled a Maverick even though Reploids were supposedly people with free will.
I guess you're only allowed to serve justice of your own free will.
>>
>>13803341
Nah man. The Sigma virus was a hoax

You know deep in your heart that it was only a buzzword to justify those who dare rebel against the order.
>>
>>13803360
>>13803396
How edgy.
Any revolution coated in blood is not a true revolution. Amuro understood this. So did X. As well as Zero.

How many colonies and asteroids need to fall to Earth to make you chuckle fucks happy?
>>
>>13803425
>As well as Zero.
That's an interesting point-- there was a pretty satisfactory peace going on during RMZ, but Zero killed a bunch of people/Reploids because of his own perceived injustice.
>>
>>13803449
It was only the resistance that wanted to fight.

Neo Arcadia was simply disposing of mavericks.

Lets ignore the fact that they were going to squash 2 resistance soldiers in the recycle center
>>
>>13803236
Actually the term Irregular/Maverick was a catch all. It meant "this Reploid is acting in an unusual and potentially dangerous manner." X4 was the result of a false flag operation by Viral Mavericks that caused the Repliforce to clash with the Maverick Hunters.

>>13803476
No. Neo Arcadia was experiencing an energy crisis and the supposedly perfect copy of X ruling the city started declaring various Reploids Irregular/Maverick in order to cut down on energy consumption.
>>
File: aile 8.png (381 KB, 732x1148) Image search: [Google]
aile 8.png
381 KB, 732x1148
best Mega
>>
File: 52454601_p0.png (890 KB, 751x1000) Image search: [Google]
52454601_p0.png
890 KB, 751x1000
>>13803753
No.
Best mega is pic.
>>
>>13803396
Anon, we had bosses go maverick onscreen in X5 I think
>>
File: 7090-33938-thickbox.jpg (50 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
7090-33938-thickbox.jpg
50 KB, 600x600
>>13802673
>gm cannon
>>
>>13803476
>Go X! Kill that terrorist filth!
>guys, it's wrong to kill terrorists, guyssssss
>>
>>13801808
Vile mode was easily the best part of that piece of shit. I'd have been satisfied with that just being its own game.
>>
>>13804143
>MHX
>even bad
Just stop.
>>
>>13804143
>MHX
>bad
It had some weird design choices, but hard mode more than made up for it. Made the 3D transition pretty damn well. The bonus of getting the Z-Buster was pretty fucking awesome, compared to MMX where it's just the regular X-Buster upgrade.

Vile mode on hard was orgasmic, I'm so glad it was actually difficult. A Zero mode would have been cool, but Vile was genuinely unique.
>>
>>13804143
>Vile mode
>Best part
If Vile had ever been playable before, it would have been shit and you know it. Having the same music track play throughout almost the entire game is unacceptable.
>>
>>13804079
Zero ended up joining the Mavericks in MMZ!
>>
>>13801799
That falls under maverick, hell almost everyone can be a maverick after a certain point of the series. It basically becomes a meaningless term that's used on any Reploid that isn't sucking human cock.
>>
>>13803742
>X4 was the result of a false flag operation by Viral Mavericks that caused the Repliforce to clash with the Maverick Hunters.
This is shown by about half the bosses in X4 having the standard maverick emblem instead of the Repliforce emblem. They set them up.
>>
>>13806500
I still don't understand why they did that. I didn't expect them to make a rock cover of every stage's theme or anything like that, but they could've at least treated Vile's theme like it's another song for the highway stage.
>>
>>13803360
Reploids who took up militant action of some form against society are labeled Maverick regardless of whether the reason for doing that is the Zero Virus or their own personal reasons. It's effectively the Reploid term for criminal, though more often it means terrorist. The Maverick Hunters are the Reploid equivalent of police. They're mostly Reploids themselves both because humans would have a difficult time fighting Reploids and because it helps prove to society as a whole that they're able to police themselves.
>>
>>13806709

>It basically becomes a meaningless term that's used on any Reploid that isn't sucking human cock.

No, that is its exact original definition
>>
>>13801799

Is a Maverick

>Rides a fucking mech
Useless without a fucking mech

>Has a shoulder cannon, machinegun fingers and literal exploding knees
Still weaker than X with a single gun-hand.

>Doesn't take shit from anybody
Is Sigma's lapdog but tries hard to pretend he's not

>Nearly kills X right at the beginning of the game
Nearly kills civilian robot with no military background right at beginning of the game

>Later on he puts Zero in a fucking cage and managed fight off X, only died because Zero went kamikaze on him
Dies because last-generation robot explodes on him

>Came back from the dead two times just to fight X
Came back from the dead two times just to lose to X again
>>
>>13804079

They weren't terrorists until they were getting retired/disposed for no reason
>>
>>13807299
Hi X
>>
>>13807284
Originally it was meant to be about a malfunctioning reploid that had a problem in its programming.
>>
>never good at vidya but still like exciting action games like Megaman X
>few years ago I start the series from the beginning
>through perseverence I make it all the way to X5's good end route
>Shadow Devil
Worst part is, I know that you fight Zero/X right fucking after. Yellow Devil was bad enough, I can't believe they would introduce the new crouching mechanic to the fight where you can't even break the game on his ass.
>>
>>13803970
I remember the Slash Grizzly(?) and the bat boss flipping out.
>>
>>13808428
It's much easier. You have subtanks, and Squid boy's weapon seems to do a lot more damage than the Elec Beam assuming you aren't cheating

Also the X/Zero fight is like two stages later
>>
>>13808428
Use falcon armor to make it easier
>>
>>13809374
>Squid boy's weapon seems to do a lot more damage than the Elec Beam assuming you aren't cheating
I tried but I still get my ass beat
>Also the X/Zero fight is like two stages later
I thought it was the same level
>>
>>13809392
Well then make sure you use X. Zero requires you to get way too close to Black Devil's massive hitbox to use the weakness.

Save all your subtanks for the first half. The second half is a joke. All it really does in the second half is turn into a Wily tank and jump around slowly. And if it helps, dashing gives you the same hitbox as crouching. You can dash under all but the bottom block, just as you can crouch under all but the bottom one.
>>
>>13809453
I know about the dashing, my strategy was "charge X-Buster, crouch, dash a lot." I just need to git gud.
>>
>>13808428
Yea wait till you try fighting the Shadow Devil with Shadow Armor in X6.

That'll be fun.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.