[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who'd be more useful, a yuushafag protag in a real robo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Gundam_Try_Zeta_GBFT-8.png (1 MB, 1360x768) Image search: [Google]
Gundam_Try_Zeta_GBFT-8.png
1 MB, 1360x768
Who'd be more useful, a yuushafag protag in a real robo series, or a realfag protag in a brave series?
>>
well a yuushafag would only come in handy if they have a machine to match. Then you get vid related against all conflict

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0vCY3I5yxo

I'm not sure how a realfag would help if he can't tap into his GUTS
>>
File: shot0003.jpg (53 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
shot0003.jpg
53 KB, 640x480
>>13790237
yuushafag on a real robo series.
>>
>>13790241

On that note, has there been a mecha series that's done that before? Where everything is relatively grounded and "realistic", but then out of fucking nowhere it pulls out a god machine that can annihilate armies without a scratch?

I mean besides Gunbuster itself, which did just that.
>>
>>13790237
Depends on the real robot protag.

For example, Amuro is literally Kabuto Koji except with "get in the fucking robot" meme applying to him a thousand times more than it does to Shinji, ironically.

Meanwhile, you also have your Shadow the Hedgehog style real protags like Chirico, Kamille, Mika, etc.

And then you have the civilian real robot protags like Saeko, Al, etc.

And you have other real protags that aren't a standard archetype like Crin or Basara.
>>
Gai Daigoji is a pretty good example of what happens if you put a superfag in a gritty real setting.
>>
>>13790294

Yeah, and give him a shitty mech of that setting to do his job.

Besides, he didn't die in combat. He died in something completely unrelated to his character.
>>
>>13790253
Technically, that pic's from an Eldoran show, but the principle applies regardless.
>>
>>13790237
Maito bankrolls everything, wins by that.

>>13790257
Gundam 00 does that in the first episode.
>>
The flawed implication that people seem to be having is that real robot series are inherently more deadly than super robot series. That is false.
>>
>>13791218
>Gundam 00 does that in the first episode.

That isn't the same, they catch up to that thing's level of power.
>>
>>13791858
How about Gundam 00 S2 with 00 Raiser.
>>
>>13790237
>Take Mammoru
>Place him in Macross
>Limitless G-Stone energy for the humans
>Any robot he touches repairs itself
>Humans use his powers to become capable of developing Super AI to fight the Zentradi for them
>No more human casualties
>New mecha are Obari lookalikes with reality bending tools, far more useful than Valkyries ever were

>Take Hikaru
>Place him in Gaogaigar
>3G completely ignores his unremarkable ass
>They all die because they don't have their magical shota
>Earth is Zonder
>>
>>13790237
>a yuushafag protag in a real robo series
>or a realfag protag in a brave series

There's only good characters and shitty characters. It just so happens that most RR characters tend to be utter shit. Of course, there are exceptions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0qk5iZwtCM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n7Mwfkk954

Really, you could put a good character in any series (even Muv-Luv) and they'd still earn their happy ending through sheer hotblooded willpower. The only obstacle is edgy writefags pulling a "ROCKS FALL CHARACTER DIES."
>>
>>13794698
I'd say the ML end was more bitter sweet than full on happy.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.