[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How are patlabor master grades? I've been thinking of getting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: MG-GRIFFON-F_101.jpg (48 KB, 650x474) Image search: [Google]
MG-GRIFFON-F_101.jpg
48 KB, 650x474
How are patlabor master grades?

I've been thinking of getting a MG griffon since that's my favorite labor from the show
>>
They are Bandai's first venture into ABS frames in the early 2000s. Back then they relied on metal screws needed in the frame for a proper fit. Overall those frames are still great and sturdy (the G Gundam MGs use the same tech and are glorious).

The only real issue is the soft vinyl rubber covers for the joints. It's kinda restrictive and over time if left under stress will tear. Blame the mecha designers for putting fabric over joints, Bandai had to gimmick out a solution for that.

Whatever you do don't buy at scalper prices. These kits are plentiful and regularly come back into production.
>>
File: facepalm x.jpg (37 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
facepalm x.jpg
37 KB, 350x350
>Have the MG Flight Griffon on my desk for the last year
>still haven't started it
man I'm lazy...
>>
>>13776234
>The only real issue is the soft vinyl rubber covers for the joints. It's kinda restrictive and over time if left under stress will tear.

Wasn't there a similar issue to this with the MG Dunbine?
>>
I got the older Ingram 2 years ago and holy hell I hated the fuck out of it. the build wasn't fun at all. I wouldn't get one ever again and to be honest I'd recommend just buying the revoltech figures instead.
>>
>>13776290
I feel u...
>>
File: a.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
a.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>13776458
>I hated the fuck out of it. the build wasn't fun at all.
STOP! You're under arrest for being a whiny bitch!
>>
>>13776595
Dude, that's so fucking rad.
>>
>>13776635
I know.

Too bad the only way to get the PATLAMP FLASH UNIT these days is the WXIII release of the kit. Bandai used to sell it separately but now it's bundled only.
>>
>>13776213
I've got the Special Set Ingram (the one with the flashing lights and gloss coat) and I gotta say, it's kinda crap. Like it looks good when it's all said and done, but getting it to that point was so annoying.

You have to paint all the clear parts (you better have clear blue, clear orange and clear green sitting around), there are screws that don't fit right, you've got to paint a lot of details (mainly gray and black stuff), the water slides were kinda crap (I've never had water slides just vanish on me), and when it's all said and done, the articulation is crap.

It looks great though. The gloss coating helps the older plastic look good, and the proportions are great and very fitting of the anime. Plus the flashing lights are just amazing.

Again, they look fine when it's all said and done, but you've really got to lower your expectations to enjoy the build.
>>
>>13776290
I bought an Ingram 3 with reactive armor like 6 years ago and haven't opened the box.
>>
>>13777002
>Ingram 3

Ingram 3 doesn't get enough love
>>
File: IMG_2371.jpg (27 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2371.jpg
27 KB, 400x300
don't expect any good Articulation especially the Griffon but they still look good on standing position
>>
>>13776213
Griffon is pretty great as a display piece, the proportions are perfect and the gloss coating looks fantastic. The clear parts are also all molded in their proper color instead of plain clear, unlike the Ingrams. Articulation is shit, and you have to be VERY careful of how to screw things in when building the kit, because there are a lot of screws (especially the wings, which I recommend you add a bit of superglue to tighten the joint before screwing it on), but the completed piece is centerpiece-worthy material.
>>
File: 20150715_032958~2.jpg (1 MB, 4048x2964) Image search: [Google]
20150715_032958~2.jpg
1 MB, 4048x2964
>>13778784
Forgot Pic. But yes, it's also monstrously huge.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.