[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ninninger 44
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 14
http://over-ti.me/releases/shuriken-sentai-ninninger-44/

Really? No release thread?
>>
File: tokakke.png (707 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tokakke.png
707 KB, 1280x720
>>13763281
>Fuuka's reaction to seeing Ticket in the crossover preview
I hope Zyuohwhite is exactly like her.
>>
Why did it take that general to do that trick now rather than before? Also if the cockpit is there, shouldn't the original attack still hit the pilot?

Also why does it feel like we're getting a shittier version of ToQger's villain drama? Noire was at least consistent and outwardly showing her reasons from the get-go, but this one feels recent.
>>
>>13763474
Might be because Ariake was introduced halfway through the series. Or are you talking about Kyuuemon?
>>
>>13763498
the bitch

I bet she'll have this drama and crap about HER son
>>
Well maskface sure went down like a bitch. Although considering he's been in the show for like thirty episodes, contributed jackshit, and I can't even remember his name, I'm not too worked up.
>>
File: 1424534830225.jpg (37 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
1424534830225.jpg
37 KB, 854x480
>Alright, so get this. The villain is trying to resurrect the bad guy throughout the series by gathering fear.

>That's literally the template we use for all sentais now. Anything else?

>He's secretly the big bad's SON.

>...And he backstabs his father by the final episode, I bet.

>Did you read ahead?

>Does anything happen with the bad guys in between the first episode and the Christmas ramp-up?

>Nope!
>>
File: 1422578267124.jpg (109 KB, 1282x719) Image search: [Google]
1422578267124.jpg
109 KB, 1282x719
>Alright, the villains don't need to be interesting if the kids are interesting. What's up with their story?

>They wanna be Last Ninja!

>What's that?

>Nobody knoooooooows. Ooooooooooh....

>So, they're not even all that concerned about the monsters?

>Nope! It's all about being Last Ninja.

>And they don't know what that means or how to become one.

>The sixth gets bit by a werewolf!

>Does that amount to anything?

>Nnnnnope!
>>
>Tsugomori died this week
>Frieza died this week in Dragon Ball Super
>both dubbed by Ryusei Nakao

POTTERY
O
T
T
E
R
Y
>>
File: zb00781.png (2 MB, 1432x810) Image search: [Google]
zb00781.png
2 MB, 1432x810
>Yakumo runs to check on his cousins
>Fuuka runs to check on her lover
>>
>>13763748
Reminder that Goranger's villains were handled better than Ninninger's (even without taking Iron Mask Temujin into account).
>>
>>13763281
No wonder they kept hiding Kibaoni in the shadows. What a shitty design.
>>
>>13763766
It's sad that the PR adaptation sounds way more interesting just from the early synopsis alone.

Ninninger was lucky that the main characters (minus Taka) were fun to watch.
>>
>>13764111
It's hard out there for a Kasumi.
>>
Call me crazy, but I really liked this episode. Just finished it.

I suppose we didn't uncover any wrinkles in the ranger's characters that we didn't already know, but it was really interesting to highlight how much the others feel like they depend on Takaharu, and how Yakumo feels specifically. For him it really is a throwback to episode 2.

As much as I've always wanted to like Tsugomori, his execution has always been subpar. His abilities as a tactician were never utilized outside of maybe his first few episodes. He never really felt threatening except in the moment he had backed Fuuka and Yakumo into a corner. For a minute, I actually believed Takaharu was going to have to come to bail them out. It was pretty great seeing him in the rollcall and juggling peppers.

While not completely unexpected, I did like seeing Takaharu have to struggle against Yoshitaka. Even if it's not that bad, having to kill your grandpa is some pretty heavy shit. That flashback was really interesting, but why is there a Last Ninja before Yoshitaka? I thought he was the first, because he sealed Gengetsu.
>>
Tiny Tsugomori is the stupidest reveal in a all of Sentai.
>>
ALL the times? Well, this will be a loooong flashback...
>>
>tsugomori didn't turn normal sized when he grew giant
this really sums up almost all my issues with this show
it's just so flat, they have opportunities to have fun but never do it.
this show is shit.
>>
>>13763766
>Should we make the Red this season any different from past two?

>Nope! Red Buster was too boring. Have him jump around screaming how he's ON FIRE all the time
>>
>>13764307

Don't worry, Foxboygirl will kill him pretty soon.
>>
>>13764821
holy shit no does takaharu not match up to even daigo
I hate daigo but not due to his character so much, he's decently fun to watch in the least if it isn't annoying to see everyone suck his dick, takaharu is just complete garbage outside of maybe the one scene where he says he doesn't like to brag about being stupid

and right blows both of them out of the water
>>
>>13764757

Yup. It screams "we had to toss out our original idea". Feels like Kyoryuger's "Aigaron was dead all along" thing. Not a great sign.
>>
>>13764817
Same problem kids had with GoBUsters. Didn't follow sentai tropes
>>
>>13764844
my problem isn't that it's not following sentai tropes, because the show is as a whole, my problem is they don't take the oppertunities to have fun
go-busters had fun in the show, they didn't have all their jokes fall flat

ninninger sets up jokes just to not do anything with them, it's like they're trying to tell a joke but have never fucking heard what a punch line is
it's just annoying
I would've laughed if he had to use the enlargement shit twice to become giant, that would've been funny, but no, no fun allowed on ninnin
>>
>>13764833
I meant like they're basically "genki" type characters
>>
>>13764869
yeah, I guess I can see them as that, although takaharu's actor seems to have a real hard time getting that across.
and even then right, and daigo to a lesser degree, where a bit more deep than just genki
right had the times when he was depressed and what not, and daigo had to deal with being perfect around non-perfect people and had to think real hard about where a good place to throw someone off a floating fortress without harming them is
>>
Why exactly was Tsugomori tiny? Are they trying to throwback to Hurricanger or something? At least with Sargain it made sense and was revealed within like the first 10 episodes or so. This seems like it came out of nowhere, and not in a surprising or satisfying way.
>>
>>13765150
I strongly suspect Shimoyama wasn't able to go with his orginal plans for Tsugomori and this is prettty much the end result.
>>
>>13764835
Really? Maybe it's because I wasn't watching it live, but Aigolon being dead never was an issue for me. It certainly worked much better and had more impact than "Tsugomori was tiny all along".
>>
File: Ninninjer-44_cleaned.jpg (270 KB, 1432x810) Image search: [Google]
Ninninjer-44_cleaned.jpg
270 KB, 1432x810
>>13763281

I liked your pic so much, OP, I fixed it up for desktop wallpaper purposes.
>>
>>13764865
The irony in all this is Shimoyama is the pupil of Urasawa, the Sentai comedy master. I bet the man is shaking his head in shame somewhere right now.
>>
>>13765216
Both are explanations behind returns that until then hadn't been explained, but these reveals just had no foreshadowing at all.

Aigaron initially had that 2nd personality after his return, which was just dropped. And Tsugomori was just surprisingly surviving again and again while other characters died under the same attacks.
>>
Huh. I really thought we might get Shurikenjin Texas this episode with Takaharu indisposed. I really hate when there are toy exclusive forms, especially when it would've been perfect for certain episodes, like Bison King Surfer. They did give Kinji Surfer-maru at one point, right?
>>
>>13765297
You've got to agree that this one was executed way worse though, right? Aigolon had a little bit of pathos going for him at least. Tsugomori has been disappointing at every turn, and this just takes the cake.
>>
>>13765288
Kento Shimoyama is working under completely different conditions than Urasawa was in the early days of Sentai. Here the numerous production comittee sponsors (as well as the numerous revenue streams including the Japanese government) had to have their stake looked after. It's not the same as the old days when you just had to shill toys or put an idol as a cast member.
>>
>>13765298
t. Bandai exec
>>
File: Lazy Toei.jpg (407 KB, 640x1439) Image search: [Google]
Lazy Toei.jpg
407 KB, 640x1439
>>13765298
>>
>>13765342

Yeah the death itself was one of the good parts of Kyoryu's end, but when Aigaron first went berserk I think they were hinting at Endorf doing something nefarious. That never panned out.
>>
>>13763474

I feel like Masakage was originally meant to be a far different character than what he turned out to be.
>>
File: Ironmasktemujin.jpg (10 KB, 260x360) Image search: [Google]
Ironmasktemujin.jpg
10 KB, 260x360
>>13764118
>Iron Mask Temujin

Man he was fucking based.
>>
i forgot this show existed damn.
watching now.
>>
>>13765249

All the baddies seem overdesigned except the Fox and Gabi.
>>
>>13771623
I actually like the costumes a lot. Masakage's was my favorite and he was such a wasted character. He had the potential to be actually one clever scheming motherfucker, seeing through Kyuemon's facade from start, but... did nothing, more or less.

Also, I don't get why Kyuemon just didn't tell the retainers he was Gengetsu's son from start. Or why killing grandpa is such a big deal if grandpa is going to dissolve eventually.
>>
>>13771623
I think it fits Ariake at least to have such an elaborate design.

>>13771891
Probably because it would have caused trouble for him. When Gengetsu reveals that Kyuuemon is his son from a concubine, Ariake seems pretty unhappy about it and had she known probably would have tried to murder him before Gengetsu was revived so her own son could take charge when he was born.
>>
>>13764111
Kinji is a lucky man.

>Fuuka and Yakumo are the mentally strongest
thats cool.

Fuuka is an uber qt.

Dadninnger next episode is fucking gonna be aweseome! like i've been waiting since he used that tornado power back in episode 15? 16? early!
>>
>>13772927
I'm so excited for Dadninnger to be able to do cool ninja shit again.

I'm starting to think I'm the only person who didn't like Fuuka that much, though. What is her deal as a character?
We had one episode where she's like "I don't care about being a ninja! Oh! I went back in time and I guess I always wanted to be a ninja after all!" then the dracula episode where she basically does the same bit "I don't know what my dream is! HMM."

Same thing with Nagi. He was just kind of there.
>>
>>13773043
>not liking Fuuka
>not just accepting her cuteness and ignoring everything else
come on man, its sentai, just roll with it.
she is cute and thats it.
>>
>>13773051
Yeah, she's cute but thinking about it, I think I just dislike the nagging imouto character type to begin with. At least Kasumi got to do stuff.
>>
File: 1443103012451.png (1 MB, 1428x810) Image search: [Google]
1443103012451.png
1 MB, 1428x810
>>13773064
how can anyone dislike Fuuka? look at her! look how cute she is!
look
at
her!
>>
>>13773067
She's less cute when she's nagging at her admittedly awful brother for 1000th time. She's at least more interesting than Nagi, though.
>>
>>13773067
she's pretty shit mate
like every main ninnin
kinji is the only one even close to decent
hell, over the course of the show I even started to dislike grandpa and his stupid shit
>>
>>13774754
Yeah, his edgy deathmatch lineage shit from the last episode was really off-putting in light of silly stuff like "our advanced ninja techniques make monsters think they're at the beach." It's like he doesn't know what type of show he's in.
>>
>>13764791
A 44 episode flashback.
>>
Wasn't there some plot bullshit about how they had to collect all the sealing shurikens at the start?
>>
>>13775744
If they want to reseal Kibaoni, yes. That said, they'll try it and it won't work and they'll have to defeat Kibaoni for real.
>>
>>13774781
He spent half the show being a weird old grandpa ninja and then "YOU HAVE TO KILL ME."

I was starting to think he really has been dead the whole time and the grandpa that's been teaching them is just a physical manifestation of his nintality or something.
>>
>>13773067
I want to bully her.
>>
Ok, here's my guess as to how they get around making one of the Ninnins a murderer.
>Digimon Shingetsu kills Grandpa
>"Now I am Lasto Ninja"
>Kill Foxdigimon
>"Now I am Lasto Ninja"
Alternatively the shitty way that has been predicted since the beginning, power of family "We are all Lasto Ninja"
>>
>>13772927
>Fuuka and Yakumo are the mentally strongest
No, they just hate Takanigger the most.
>>
File: Crazy bitch Kasumi.jpg (207 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Crazy bitch Kasumi.jpg
207 KB, 1920x1080
>>13778143
Kasumi could kill grandpa. She is canonically a psychocunt after all.
>>
>>13778143
Or Grandpa really does fade away and so without anyone becoming Lasto Ninja, the Ninnins become Firsto Ninja or something
>>
>>13779143
man she was super cute there.
>>
>>13778143
>show keeps hitting us over the head with this theme of "you have to do things your own way instead of how it's always been done (by your parents)"
gee
>>
>>13778143

>>13775828

they don't have to kill gramps because he really was dead the whole time
>>
File: Daisy Ridley.jpg (85 KB, 720x639) Image search: [Google]
Daisy Ridley.jpg
85 KB, 720x639
>>13773067
Yeah she is. Fuuka is my Chinese Daisy Ridley.
>>
>>13779620
this is a man of good taste.
>>
>>13779620
I'm glad I'm not the only one to make this parallel.
>>
File: Mystery of the Jedi.jpg (63 KB, 448x498) Image search: [Google]
Mystery of the Jedi.jpg
63 KB, 448x498
>>13779620
>>
>>13775828
It sort of loosely makes sense that he treated his grandkids like crap though, considering he wanted one of the me kill him.
>>
File: Fuuka-fug.png (537 KB, 716x808) Image search: [Google]
Fuuka-fug.png
537 KB, 716x808
>>13780588
GODDESSES
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.