[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In a battle with Gunbuster vs Ideon, who would win?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: mecha.png (964 KB, 1114x462) Image search: [Google]
mecha.png
964 KB, 1114x462
In a battle with Gunbuster vs Ideon, who would win?
>>
If Ideon loses, the entire universe dies, so it's not a fair fight.
>>
File: kids.jpg (97 KB, 332x384) Image search: [Google]
kids.jpg
97 KB, 332x384
>>13759884
Ideon is eldritch horror tier.
>>
>>13759884
Ideon stomps, and even if it doesn't everything dies with it anyways which is as good as winning anyways.
>>
what about Ideon vs Demonbane?
>>
They're both pretty mediocre designs.
You have large scale Getter Dragon and a large scale firetruck GM
>>
>>13760325
>implying Getter Dragon is a good design
>>
I feel compelled to remind ya'll that Ideon if half the size of Gunbuster, and that Ideon's Gun x Sword are based off of its Ide levels.
>>
>>13759884
Better question: Zeorymer vs. Shin Getter (Getter Go version)
>>
>>13760312
oh hey! I remember that pink toddler in the bottom! she's the one that got her head explode in Ideon right?

I love tomino so much. He really knows how tell a story and keep the viewers wanting more.
>>
Ideon, especially if the Ide itself rises to the "I don't give a fuck anymore" levels of power we see in Be Invoked.
>>
>>13759884
Gunbuster. Ideon is not that strong. Hurr durr, ends universe, how about you fucking watch it. That won't happen unless the Ide loses all faith in life during the course of the battle. Ideon is a unreliable piece of shit. Fill it with dying babies and maybe the Ide will see fit to allow use of one of the powerful attacks, but in most situations all it has is earth-made missles and physical combat. Gunbuster can rely on it's full power at any time and it doesn't need to get kicked in the junk to use it.
>>
>>13759884
How does the Ideon gun compare to descending to the surface of Jupiter? Gunbuster's guns got pretty busted by that.
>>
Gunbuster probably destroyed far more enemies in the combat we saw in the OVA, but Ideon's bullshit is another thing entirely. Ideon Sword, Ideon Gun and the black hole weapon and just too bullshit.
>>
>>13760348
No, that's not really what he was saying.
>>
>>13763565
No one thinks it can end the universe anymore.
But a gun and sword with infinite reach, and a black hole are all pretty ridiculous shit, even compared to Gunbuster.
>>
>>13763645
>No one thinks it can end the universe anymore.
Several posters in this very thread have proven that they still hold this belief!
>But a gun and sword with infinite reach, and a black hole are all pretty ridiculous shit, even compared to Gunbuster.
I agree, that stuff is heavy duty. But how often does it get to use them and how long do they take to become usable? Ideon can not reliably use the strong weapons whenever the pilots feel like it. Never mind Gunbuster, Daitarn 3 would beat Ideon in a fair fight because it does everything Banjo wants it to, right down to the facial expressions, when he wants it to. A reliable weapon is a strong weapon. The power to destroy stars is nothing if you can't use it in time.
>>
>>13759884
This entirely depends on one single thing - how much Ide does Ideon have access to?

See, the Ide wants to protect the innocent. If the two met in the middle of space, Gunbuster is two and a half times Ideon's size and Ideon might not even be able to do the FIRE ALL MISSILES bit, it's going to get fucking manhandled, and its explosion won't even cause anything to go critical (and even if it did, Gunbuster has a "I stop physics" shield, an Inertial Canceller, and an "I AM NOW OUT OF HERE SEE YOU" warp drive, so it can just fuck off away from the explosion.).

Let's say Ideon has a bit more power. Ok, now it has the missiles - which Gunbuster can probably Beam/Homing Laser/Missile out of the sky or Shield away from - and the black hole - and remember, Gunbuster escaped from a black hole that it helped create at the end of the OVA, even with only half its power.

Now lets assume Ideon's at full power. Here it stands more of a chance, but it has another problem - Ideon Sword is hyper long, but it also doesn't expand to infinite length immediately, and Ideon Gun also doesn't fire its full length immediately no matter how powerful it is. So depending on how close Gunbuster is, it might be able to either outsnipe the thing, or just plain kill it before it does much.

I give the fight in general to Gunbuster, but there are situations where Ideon wins, and a larger number where neither one wins.
>>
The weapon of Gunbuster is stronger than that of ideon except Ideon sword.
Buster missile is photon torpedo. When Excellion fired it, even a photon torpedo destroyed the moon.
Gunbuster can fire countless photon torpedo, and buster missile is one of weakest in Gunbuster's many weapon.
>>
>>13763878
Ideon can just say "lol no" and slap his ass out of existence.
>>
>>13763882
I admit if ide was awaken, Gunbuster will be easily vanished out of existence.
But, if ide is not awaken, Gunbuster can destroy Ideon as Gando Rowa did it.
>>
>>13763894

The Ide was at its height when the Gando Rowa destroyed Ideon (and the Gando Rowa itself got sliced by the Swords in the process). There's a reason the Solo crew had to stop firing the Ideon Gun after a certain point.
>>
>>13763894
>>13763968

Gando Rowa is pretty fucking terrifying
>>
>>13763968
True.
But, Gunbuster is probably stronger than entire Buff clan's fleets.
Gunbuster can easily anihilate billions of STMC and each STMC can be easily planet destroyer.
>>
>>13763635

Ideon Gun consistently busts ass in one hit (srsly,it's a wave of fucking infinite energy, much like the Swords are beams of infinite energy) unless the target is huge enough. Its actual notable feats involve the power to tear through a celestial objects, much like Ideon Sword (Cosmo attempts to hit the Bairal Jin by shooting into the surface of a gas giant), and hitting targets in Null Space (the shot that blasted Harulu to kingdom come).
>>
>>13763979

STMC's only real advantage is their numbers. They're made of meat
>>
>>13764007
Do you know that average STMC can endure several photon torpedos which can easily bust entire moon?
>>
>>13763976

It's kinda like Starkiller Base, if you think about it. The Gando Rowa destroys planets without having to reach maximum output, but has to feed off a supernova.

>>13763707
>>13763676

When you guys put it that way, Gunbuster could beat an un-Ide'd Ideon in a match of fisticuffs. There were Buff Clan machines that could match or even surpass (however slightly) Ideon in terms of physical strength, and those things usually had numbers going for them.
>>
>>13764057
>When you guys put it that way, Gunbuster could beat an un-Ide'd Ideon in a match of fisticuffs. There were Buff Clan machines that could match or even surpass (however slightly) Ideon in terms of physical strength, and those things usually had numbers going for them.

Oh, that's not even a question. Gunbuster is built ridiculously tough and and is a 250 meter tall machine trying to beat up a 100 meter tall machine, even if it somehow didn't have the strength to absolutely wreck Ideon it could just go "Alright, fuck you then", grab on, and spam Collider until either the pilots all pass out or it zaps something critical.
>>
One buster beam to the cockpit and Ideon is finished. It never came up against a weapon remotely close to as powerful as Gunbuster. Anyone saying otherwise is a fag who only watched Be Invoked.
>>
>>13763645
Even if it can't end the universe, the Ide IS still capable of rubbing out all intelligent life in the universe if it feels the situation has gone far enough south.

If the fight goes that far, best case scenario, the Gunbuster pilots somehow survive, and return to Earth...only to find no 'Welcome Home' awaiting them. Which would be one fucking vicious middle finger from the Ide.
>>
>>13763335
I don't remember about Shin Getter, can it eat explosion?
>>
>>13764453
Never watched Ideon but won't it be auto-win everytime Ideon is having a hard time or is destroyed?
>>
File: super inazuma.webm (3 MB, 640x481) Image search: [Google]
super inazuma.webm
3 MB, 640x481
>>
>>13764480
How strong Gunbuster is compared to SRX or Shin Ryukooh?
>>
>>13763968
Well at the point where it got destroyed everyone else was already dead or about to die, so Ideon had its job done and the Ide just let go.
>>
Full Possession Shurouga Sin wins.
>>
File: Ideon's Feeding Schedule.png (145 KB, 640x671) Image search: [Google]
Ideon's Feeding Schedule.png
145 KB, 640x671
>>13764476
> but won't it be auto-win everytime Ideon is having a hard time

Within the series, yes, but it goes both ways.

The Ide activating gives Ideon its most destructive weapons on top of modifying whatever weapons it has attached to it (the all-directional missile barrage, for instance), while also giving it, and the Solo Ship, awesome defensive capabilities in the Ide Barrier - it's the reason why the Solo crew come out (relatively) unscathed after riding through forces that would obliterate a planet, maybe several.

On the other hand, as other anons have already pointed out, this makes Ideon relatively unreliable as a weapon (powering up at the last moment, or when the Ide feels like it). To further compound this, the Ide, quite frankly, has a mind of its own, compelled to do its thing only in the presence of a pure defensive instinct (infants); over the course of the series, it becomes quite judgmental towards the opposing sentient races. There was at least one episode in the series where the Ide REALLY powered down when the Solo crew decided to take the fight to the Buff Clan, which should give the viewer an idea of just how bad it is to have the Ide, fickle as it is, as your fucking patron.
>>
>>13767305
>it becomes quite judgmental towards the opposing sentient races.

And eventually, to the people who were using it as well - especially after they got the idea to do things like stick very young children in the cockpit, or even worse, just out in space in a position where any attack to the Solo Ship would probably result in the baby becoming deep fried. There's a very good reason it finally went "FUCK IT, I'M JUST KILLING ALL YOU MOTHERFUCKERS, HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT SHIT?" at the end of the show.
>>
>>13764476
I might have to go back and watch the show but the robot itself is not invincible, like >>13767305
pointed out the power comes on when it is losing a fight. So a lot of times it will be surrounded by buff clan mechs and whatever, taking lots of missile and beam fire, and then the Ide powers on and btfos everyone. Gunbuster is far, far more powerful than the mechs it was facing so I think that it would destroy the mech before it magically powers on.

Like all powerlevel comparisons it is pretty stupid, made moreso by the fact that Ideon's power is more of a Tomino plot device than actual defined quantity. And if you are familiar with Tomino he throws out all cares about a mech's capability or pilot's talent in exchange for advancing the plot or character development. Take Quattro jobbing super hard in zeta, for instance, when he is supposed to be an ace pilot.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.