[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was going through their minds?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: cold lady.jpg (95 KB, 665x319) Image search: [Google]
cold lady.jpg
95 KB, 665x319
What was going through their minds?
>>
Regular boy stuff.
>>
Why boobs of a cold lady would look a bit angry?
>>
>>13755629
Insert pic from Mazinger or Devilman here
>>
>>13755629

common translation issue
angry/proud/raised/inflamed/prominent etc.

If you get a bump on your head, it's "angry", the swollen red areas around a tender or infected wound are 'proudflesh'. Modern usage has changed a bit.
>>
>>13755783

aka her nipples are stiffened if that was not clear
>>
File: Liger.jpg (199 KB, 728x515) Image search: [Google]
Liger.jpg
199 KB, 728x515
>>13755750
Like this?
>>
What is so good about recent Gou Nagai ?
Devilman and Violence Jack and Mazinger is masterpiece though, his recent work is shit.
>>
>>13763831
Nothing. Only his old works are good. Recent, not so much.
>>
>>13763831
>reticente que Nagai manga Mazinger es bueno
>reticente moderno trabajo no es bueno
Inquietante montes de sabor mierda
>>
>>13763831
>his recent work is shit.
>implying you're fluent in Japanese
>implying you read his latest works
Giga hasn't been well received, but both Gekiman and Devilman Saga gained positive reviews.
>>
>>13763831
Giga is literally the only thing he has done recently that hasn't been liked by the masses.
>>
>>13765323
I'm sure Giga is fine. Most of the hate just comes from the fact that it's not like the original Grendizer.

I want a Grendizer Giga ova after they teased us with the trailer.
>>
>>13763831
>Violence Jack
Have you read much of it? Half of it doesn't make any sense and has Jack walk around as a talkative Mary Sue fixing people's problems.
>>
>>13765719
>has Jack walk around as a talkative Mary Sue fixing people's problems.
Sounds like what happened in the last year of Fist of the North Star's run.

>>13765715
>Most of the hate just comes from the fact that it's not like the original Grendizer.
I figured that would be the case. Ironic, since Nagai was purposely trying not to have it related to said original (let alone Mazinger). At least it has an incarnation of Kikunosuke Abashiri, plus a Gamia Q lookalike.
>>
>>13765719
Jack isn't the real MC though. The manga is about the different people struggling to survive, Jack is more like a force of nature. He started as chaotic neutral and eventually become chaotic good. The closer to a MC is Mondo and Tatsuma
>>
>>13765719
>Jack walk around as Mao Zedong fixing people's problems
FTFY
>>
>>13765821
Yes, the best parts of the manga have Jack only as a minimal presence. Iron Castle, Mondo's Fierce Battle, The Destruction of Tokyo barely feature him.
>>
>>13765845
It was a ballsy moves to not have the titular character for the first 200 pages. Based Nagai
>>
>This girl looks cold
>Is she alright
>Quick give her a jacket and some cab fair to take her some place warm.
>after that lets all go help at the soup kitchen
>>
>>13765715
Dont get me wrong i like it (From what little i can understand), but i can see why people wouldn't for the same reasons you stated.
>>
File: 97-1.jpg (35 KB, 269x268) Image search: [Google]
97-1.jpg
35 KB, 269x268
>>13765880
This guy gets it.
>>
>>13766099
It's what Grendizer would have been without Toei's involvement.

Most divisive character is probably Maria Uryu. Toei fans loved the original Maria designed by Shingo Araki, so when they saw Nagai's version of her, they went ballistic.
>>
>>13765715
>>13767923
You need to provide a source for all of your claims, buckaroo.
>>
>>13768380
They were in French.
>>
>>13767923
>It's what Grendizer would have been without Toei's involvement.
Toei created Grendizer, see Uchu Enban Daisenso. Nagai's original concept for the third Mazinger's series was called God Mazinger and it was SDF Macross before SDF Macross was a thing. Toei didn't like Nagai's ideas but they wanted the Mazinger brand for commercial reasons so they asked him to retool Daisenso and that's how Grendizer born
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.