[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/m/ please help me come to terms with the ending of Valvrave
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 10
File: harutonoooooo.png (241 KB, 604x337) Image search: [Google]
harutonoooooo.png
241 KB, 604x337
/m/ please help me come to terms with the ending of Valvrave

Why didn't Plu/Pino do anything to save him? Was it L-Elf's kid in the flashforward scenes?
Who exactly are the "Legendary Seven" mentioned by the person fighting Saki in one of said flashforwards?
Why isn't there a sequel where Haruto comes back as some resurrected lifeform akin to the Magius and Shoko has to free him/save him?
Why am I having serious closure issues with this?
>>
>Also cried like a little bitch when L-Elf said "you are my friend"
>>
You're thinking about this too hard.

Also now Valvrager is gonna show up to tell you how much you suck for not thinking Valvrave was worse than Hitler and Satan combined. Good job.
>>
>>13744900
It wasn't too well thought out, though you might find the answers in the Saki manga that came out after
>>13744911
Yeah that was quite sad
>>
>>13744918
Honestly most of the show was pretty bad, but the last 5-6 episodes encompassed quite a bit of story/character development that had been lacking throughout the first season entirely. Even though I saw it coming when Mari died protecting the ship, it still hit me like a ton of bricks. I mean I watched this kid rape someone, and eventually felt bad for him, and even connected with his desire to help the people he cared about, despite the fact that they got his friends, and eventually himself, killed

Was decent at least, Satan's asshole at most.
>>
>>13744922
I'll have to buy it, I can't find anywhere to read it.
>>
File: 1372256369441.jpg (2 MB, 4062x2484) Image search: [Google]
1372256369441.jpg
2 MB, 4062x2484
>>13744900
>Why didn't Plu/Pino do anything to save him?
She can't haruto was determined to stop Cain even if it killed him, well it Kamille'd him. Oddly he wasn't dead someone must have mercy killed him off screen.

>Was it L-Elf's kid in the flashforward scenes?
Maybe no conclusive evidence either way

>Who exactly are the "Legendary Seven" mentioned by the person fighting Saki in one of said flashforwards?
Season 1 flash forward sucks, nothing from it is ever really made sense of. Just enjoy Saki's pilot suit in it.

>Why isn't there a sequel where Haruto comes back as some resurrected lifeform akin to the Magius and Shoko has to free him/save him?
Why would you want this at all? The whole show especially the second season is dropped balls, and poor planing.

>Why am I having serious closure issues with this?
Because it didn't end well, and you want to something to justify the 12ish hours you just spent watching it.
>>
File: Flamboyant space vampires.jpg (75 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Flamboyant space vampires.jpg
75 KB, 1280x720
>>13744900
Terminal lack of runes and an inability to retain them weren't you paying attention to the plot.
The 5 Valvrave pilots of the show plus the two from the Undertaker sidestory.
Because that's a stupid idea and Valvrave may be dumb but it's not that kind of stupid.
Because you fell for the flashforward ruse.

Now someone seed the HorribleSubs release, I'm having trouble downloading a few of the episodes and I don't want >gg memesubs this time around.
>>
>>13744911
>>13744922
You are a faggot of the highest caliber.
>>
>>13744954
>flashforward ruse.
Its called bad writing
>>
>>13744929
>rape
Sexual assault, not rape
>>
>>13744900
>Why didn't Plu/Pino do anything to save him?
Plu hates humans, and Pino's got to eat. She didn't save Marie either.

>Was it L-Elf's kid in the flashforward scenes?
Never explained.

>Who exactly are the "Legendary Seven" mentioned by the person fighting Saki in one of said flashforwards?
The Golden seven are never explained. Saki is one of them. We assume Shoko and Akira are also, but it's not explained.

>Why isn't there a sequel where Haruto comes back as some resurrected lifeform akin to the Magius and Shoko has to free him/save him?
Supposedly the show didn't sell well enough for a sequel.

No idea. Most people are over it by now.
>>
>>13744953
>She can't haruto was determined to stop Cain even if it killed him, well it Kamille'd him.
Boooooooooo
BOOOOOOOO
>>
>>13744963
This will reflect poorly on our rape economy yearly review.
>>
>>13744900
It was one of the worst ways you could end any story. The least developed side (Arus) ended up saving the day rather than the main faction (JIOR). The protagonists did so little damage to the antagonists that they were barely noteworthy in the grand scheme of things. It left too many questions unanswered. It went full force the idea that men were completely expendable while every female cast member had serious issues that prevented them from being called good. The music topped off a very sickening and uneasy feeling that life goes on and that everything is for nothing.
>>
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 608x241) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 608x241
The answer to that third question should be obvious
>>
File: 1451126877986.jpg (377 KB, 850x720) Image search: [Google]
1451126877986.jpg
377 KB, 850x720
>>13744918

The rager seems to be more active in Gundam threads now.
>>
>>13745039
Nah, he's in Macross Delta threads pretending to be different people who are new to the thread ("hey, just watched it for the first time and wtf!") when the post count hasn't changed at all.
>>
>>13745095
Delta is prime shitposting material between "we want the idoru audience" and the usual Macross powerlevel masturbation.
>>
>>13745095

So he's a Macrorager now, nice.
>>
so where do Infinite Ryvius and IBO ragers fall in?
>>
Remember how people though there would be recap movies to help explain some of this shit?

But there were no recap movies
>>
>>13745109
different entities entirely
>>
>>13745132
Son I think you're looking for the G-Reco thread.
>>
>>13745132
>Remember how people though there would be recap movies to help explain some of this shit?
There were but it was Nico exclusive
>>
>>13745104
>Delta is prime shitposting material between "we want the idoru audience"
Agreed, though Macross has always had that audience. The pandering has gotten out of control however.

>and the usual Macross powerlevel masturbation.
You can't have been here long if you think these Max in a VF-1 vs "X" threads are made by Macross fans and not just people trying to stir up shit. What you usually get is a five parts shitposting to one part in-depth discussion of in-universe tech, but what would you expect from a bait powerlevel thread anyway. Surely that's no better than the people in those threads instantly leaping to proclaim that no valkyrie could beat Turn A or 00 Raiser/Quan[T] despite neither of them being in the OP's match-up? That's just as bad.

>>13745105
He part times in Delta, G-Reco, and IBO threads, but he's still the Valverager we know and love.
>>
>>13745095
Reminder that if a thread stays on topic for a ton of posts but then suddenly derails with a ton of low caliber bait and shitposting, please check the poster count to see how sad said shitposting is.
>>
>>13745148
I meant exactly what I said when I mentioned powerlevels.

It is prime shitposting bait.

Mostly because as you dig into the technical minutiae it becomes unsettlingly clear just how broken the VF lineage gets in only a few generations. It jumps rather quickly into space opera scale power levels which is a domain not many mecha franchises hit. Thus the only purpose matching them up to anything else is to onesidedly shame the other side in a total curb stomp.
>>
>>13745161
I agree that it is prime bait, but I don't think so Macross is so extreme. A lot of those threads specifically give the Macrossverse such an extreme tech disadvantage that the only viable option is to run away. Even in Delta, tech capabilities are not good enough to take on a good number of Gundams from assorted universes.

The gradual advancement of technology and a traceable lineage for every valkyrie is what attracts me to Macross in the first place. I don't think it's fair to expect me to hate the universe just because its growing more powerful with each iteration. That said, the current valkyries are a technological downgrade actually.

Can I say I appreciate your civility?
>>
File: 1.jpg (26 KB, 638x199) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
26 KB, 638x199
OP, you're a sucker for "feels"

I'm so sorry.

>>13744973
Rapenoids pls go.
>>
>>13744954
>He doesn't use IRC to get HS.
Works on their old shit providing they have it up on xdcc.
It's also really fast.
>>
>>13745234
I routinely forget how to xdcc and I don't remember if HS is decent enough to hotlink the exact command so you can click it and have your IRC prog of choice parse it.

So I did the next best thing and grabbed an rss list off of nyaa with the relevant search params, and while there are still some seeds it's like only the barest minimum needed to keep the videos circulating.
>>
>>13745298
Lucky for you, Horrible's website has a guide on how to configure.
>>
>>13745444
Yeah I know.

I really ought to remember it.
Maybe I'll kludge something together to make it easier.
>>
>>13744900
You're thinking too much. The flashforward were just there to show otakus Saki won't die so you can buy her merch.
And it's not because they didn't explicitly explained some things that you can't make your own interpretation of them. The ending was fine.
And don't worry there will be a sequel soon with Shouko Saki and Akira being lesbian vampires, with the pretext that lesbianism produces more runes, fighting Haruto clones space nazis.
>>
File: 1444885698677.jpg (56 KB, 955x537) Image search: [Google]
1444885698677.jpg
56 KB, 955x537
>>13745148

>but he's still the Valverager we know and love.

/m/'s shitposting líder máximo.

I wonder if the did some Thunderraging too.
>>
>>13745797
>líder máximo.

Fuck off, Spic.
>>
I wanna see a Plinkett-style review/analysis of Valvrave. Does that already exist?
>>
>>13746950
No but we should make one

"Valvrave the Liberator was more disappointing than my son"
>>
>>13746950
>>13747028
/m/ is way too autistic and unfunny to do a Plinkett review.
>>
>>13745148
>vs threads are bad

Fun hating faggot detected.
>>
>>13747036
>/m/ is way too autistic and unfunny
I don't see how we're any different than RLM.
>>
File: 1433177371971.jpg (276 KB, 870x800) Image search: [Google]
1433177371971.jpg
276 KB, 870x800
>>13744900
>>
File: RLM Reviews Unicorn.png (279 KB, 1074x1012) Image search: [Google]
RLM Reviews Unicorn.png
279 KB, 1074x1012
>>13746950
>>13747036
>>13747307

Well /m/ did attempted not a long while ago.
>>
>>13747362
>tfw Full Frontal should've been the rival of Full Monty
>>
desu I wanted to violently ravage L-elf's boypussy. Lavender eyes are great and grey/white haired anime boys are made for fucking. Combined was just boner material 24/7
>>
>>13747036
Plinkett reviews are horrifically autistic and unfunny, /m/ could pull it off.
>>
File: haruto's getting pissed.jpg (82 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
haruto's getting pissed.jpg
82 KB, 1280x720
>>13748068
Hold on lemme just dig up some old Valvrager materia- WAIT A MINUTE.
>>
>>13748106
"What anime SHOULD" something something VVV is the easy answer something something jab at Haruhi and K-On something something incarnation of hopelessness.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.