[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What a fucking piece of shit.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: fuckbuster.jpg (109 KB, 477x358) Image search: [Google]
fuckbuster.jpg
109 KB, 477x358
What a fucking piece of shit.
>>
At least the music was good, OP
>>
>>13738379
Yea, I guess. But this just made me so fucking angry. It would have been so better if it wasn't gunbuster 2.
>>
File: 1235919333505.jpg (83 KB, 600x835) Image search: [Google]
1235919333505.jpg
83 KB, 600x835
>>13738389
Then don't think of it as Gunbuster 2
>>
I thought it was great. OP's probably just mad about shading or lack of poofy hair
>>
I wanted gunbuster 2, this shit was terrible. Ending and sighting of the eltreum didnt make up for it.
>>
I thought it was alright, though I wasn't expecting gunbuster 2 thanks to /m/ warning me.
>>
>>13738375
OP i get your feelings exactly. What do you think it was? I reckon it was the first episode's references which made me take it negatively in the first place
>>13738430
But it is Gunbuster 2, and seeing as it exists it deserves to be hated, not to pretend it's something else. There is an enjoyment to be had in hating something
>>
>>13738375
So just like Gunbuster
>>
File: 1401567621444.jpg (1 MB, 1050x1260) Image search: [Google]
1401567621444.jpg
1 MB, 1050x1260
>>13738441
Probably.
>>
>>13738458
I hated the characters, nono was fucking terrible. Noriko was a great character. We laughed and cried with here but I literally felt no emotion watching diebuster it was just "hey remember this thing from gunbuster?" and overblown action scenes.
>>
>>13738375
Still a better successor to Gunbsuter than Delta to SDF Macross.
>>
Diebuster is good.
>>
PHG fampai, where are you
>>
>>13738885
nandatte
>>
>>13738375
It was great though.
>>
>>13738458
It's not Gunbuster 2, it's Aim for the Top 2: Diebuster

You're not supposed to think of it as a sequel, because it's never presented as a direct sequel until basically the end when you're like, "oh."
>>
I remember hating the first couple episodes but then the rest of the series made up for it.
>>
>>13739296
I never though of it as a direct sequel, because i saw the cover.
>Not gunbuster 2, it's aim for the top 2
Oh forgive me, "gunbuster" and "aim for the top" are interchangeable so what's the fucking difference?
>>
It's Great dangaioh all over again isn't it?
>>
It's a proper sequel. It compliments the original while doing its own thing.

If I wanted a rehash of Gunbuster I'd just watch Gunbuster.
>>
>>13739863
>You take bread, fry it in oil, and boil it in water. It's a proper sequel. I'll treat you sometime.
>>
>>13739863
That t b h f a m.

Gunbuster is decent in its own right, and diebuster too. None of the two is really outstanding, and people can surely appreciate both.

>>13738479
>nono was fucking terrible.

Say that to my face fucker not online and see what happens.
>>
File: aim for the top.jpg (137 KB, 424x600) Image search: [Google]
aim for the top.jpg
137 KB, 424x600
I just watched it for the characters and mechs.
>>
What was Nono's plan at the end? She could have just blown out the space monster with the keikaku doori everyone had already come up with, but then she suddenly vanishes to form the Diebuster... Which wasn't even capable of defeating the thing anyway. I just don't understand what she (or the writers) was thinking.
>>
>>13739978
>What was Nono's plan at the end?
beat the space fucker without destroying the earth
she wanted to fulfill the promise of welcoming noriko and kasumi that jung made to them at the end of gunbuster
at least that's what i get
>>
Funny.
Apparently the only reason why Nono got a muffler in the first episode was because the director admits to having a muffler fetish.
>>
rape
>>
Diebuster, I feel, is like deliberately the exact opposite of Gunbuster. It feels like a shiny, polished, executive mandated, profit-driven, tightly written, fanservice-stuffed show, whereas Gunbuster was just a work from some up-and-coming director from an up-and-coming studio slapping a bunch of things together that he loved about his childhood and calling it a show. Even their themes are just about opposite, (unfortunately, as it makes Nono come off as a bit of a Mary Sue, at least to me). This is probably why it's so hard for people to like both shows.

Frankly, I'm just surprised that there doesn't seem to be near as much merchandising for Diebuster as there is for Gunbuster. Which is a shame. Dix Neuf is a top tier mecha design, easily one of the best I've ever seen.
>>
>>13743417
My nigga, I'm a total sucker for banchou designs.
>>
>>13743417
>>13743434
>Dix Neuf
>good
>with those awful legs
>with those awful arms
>nonsensical cape that makes Getter G's Getter Wing look good.
>>
>>13743593
>cape
It's a jacket.
>>
>>13743417
>there doesn't seem to be near as much merchandising
It really is a shame, there were some really unique mecha designs. I'd love to see a Riobot of Diebuster.
>>
I want to fuck Nono.

>inb4 hi Nicola
>>
>>13743716
This is perfectly rational, though in most likehood it's Nono that will fuck you.
>>
Where can I get gunbuster/diebuster merchandise?
>>
>>13743593
>Dix Neuf
I want to fuck Dix Neuf
>>
>>13738526
You're trying too hard. Stay mad either way.
>>
>>13738526
Fair enough.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.