[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does G-Reco attract such violent shitposting from from both
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 9
File: mecha.jpg (47 KB, 490x436) Image search: [Google]
mecha.jpg
47 KB, 490x436
Why does G-Reco attract such violent shitposting from from both fans and haters? Why is the hate so much stronger regarding this series than others? I just thought it was OK, but any time it's mentioned it turns into a total slapfight.
>>
>>13701219
Because MUH TOMINO.
>>
it'll die down now that it's over and as time passes.

The main vitriol will redirect to something like Macross Delta, until its over, then repeat with the next big /m/ show. Adolescent resentment against whatever is perceived as the mainstream mandates this pattern.
>>
It's like the new TTGL or something.

Except nobody cares about it outside /m/.
>>
>>13701219
Fans are trying to make it seem like it was the Gundam series to end all Gundam series (much like Turn A was supposed to) when everything else points out otherwise. It did well enough, and manipulating variables just to make it place higher is just as stupid as manipulating variables to make it appear lower than it did.

Haters amplify the flaws and failings of the series, and also manipulate variables to make it appear worse than it really did.

Fortunately though it's only on /m/ that G-Reco polarizes this badly. Even the toxic mahq forums don't have the level of ridiculousness /m/ has.
>>
>>13701219
Not enough Gundams.

Literally two Gundams for a series? It's like Tomino went out of his way to NOT sell kits. Kinda like Turn-A.
>>
>>13701268
Ten years from now G-Reco will be accepted, with several MG variations of G-Self and G-whatever Aila's unit was called.

Just like the Turn A and Turn X.
>>
>>13701278
G-Arcane.

I know this is true, but it's not going to be hype nostalgia goggles-tier like Wing.
>>
>>13701268
I didn't even finish G-Reco and I know there's three.
>>
>>13701288
I know. It's just the fact it'll be afterthought MGs made once they run out of other MGs to rehash.

Meanwhile, I predict more Freedom and Strike variants as well as more RX-78-2 variants and more Angel Zero variants.
>>
A series that is popular or unpopular will attract shitposting, Greco managed to do both with different people

It only takes one person to derail a thread into a shitposting mess. Make dumb blanket statements either way and you have a storm. Greco again manages to be good for this as many people didn't understand it so you can throw simple statements around that out and pretend to be legitimate, but you can also shit post with the "you didn't get it i am the high and mighty greco fan." Then this come around again as you can accuse each side of being like this
>>
>>13701219
It's just one salty hater who keeps baiting everyone by saying grectum or shit like that, and people are dumb enough to fall for it.
>>
>>13701268

> G-Self
> G-Arcane
> G-Lucifer
> G-Self has at least 7 different backpacks (atmosphere, space, reflect, torque, assault, tricky & perfect)
> Designer has hinted at a perfect pack II they could milk as MSV
> The Megafuana has a unique suit for every pilot on board by the end

The Megafauna alone probably has more suit's and variants than the entirety of Turn-A. Turn-A had like 22 suits in total or something in the entire show. If you count the Gundam and variants through backpacks alone you have at least 10 suits, which is nearly half that of all of Turn-A and that's not even getting in to the Recten, Moran and so on that the rest of the crew used. Tomino set up G-Reco to milk the shit out of the gunpla market if Bandai wanted, probably so he could get it made at all considering how badly Turn-A did gunpla wise. Bandai might not have expected sales, but they'd at least future proof themselves to ensure they could capitalize in case things turned out unexpectedly.
>>
File: 1413591916116.jpg (46 KB, 525x702) Image search: [Google]
1413591916116.jpg
46 KB, 525x702
>>13701349

>It's just one salty hater

That would be nice but the sad reality is that this board is full of ragers.
>>
It's pure Tomino, not for everyone. Sure, some of us do like it but for a lot of people it's not what they want in an anime. For better or for worse, the industry has changed and G-Reco kinda sticks out compared to a lot of modern shows. Not to mention, due to shows like SEED and 00 what people believe Gundam is supposed to be has changed as well.

It also doesn't help it was airing next to the casual/fap-friendly Try.

Tomino also pissed off Gundam fans by saying he didn't make G-Reco for them. I swear, I have this one SEEDfag who goes apeshit over this, like the show has to cater to him.

G-Reco diehards made things worse with their "Go back to A/Z" shit

ANN's shitty reporting and how it's been repeated also contributed to this. The fact it was a decent success is questioned by ANN readers, who believe Ange was a bigger hit.

In short, a bunch of shit.
>>
>>13701289
What's the third? I only know G-Self and G-Arcane.
>>
>>13701387
They've been dying, but this salty hater has been active for quite a while, so it wouldn't be surprising that it was him just shitposting a lot.
>>
>>13701411
G-Lucifer
>>
>>13701411
G-Lucifer, and those are the ones who are named "Gundam". I still believe Gaeon, Gastima and Neodu are based on Gundam tech.
>>
To be fair, Snapshit-kun isn't helping things along.
>>
File: P-reco.jpg (217 KB, 1000x1209) Image search: [Google]
P-reco.jpg
217 KB, 1000x1209
>>13701219
because people take the bait
>>
>>13701219
It's just a mediocre show, with beautiful visuals and animation, alright OST, characters that never amount to anything and a really bad case of Tomino Writing.
The reason it gets treated as either complete shit or an absolute masterpiece when it's neither is because of bandwagonners.
>>
>>13701752
This up and down
>>
This board has had a significant portion of its posting taken up by shitposting over old Tomino shows for years and years, having a new Tomino show let alone one he admits he fucked up making is like shitposting Christmas.

>>13701410
>The fact it was a decent success is questioned by ANN readers, who believe Ange was a bigger hit.
Cross Ange was almost certainly a more profitable show for everyone but Bandai Hobby, and that one is just by virtue of anything called Gundam automatically making them money anyways.

I really liked and bought stuff from both, I wish both had stayed on track in the second half better but oh well. They're still just about the only robot anime with any budget whatsoever made by people who understand robot anime in recent years.
>>
動物園でカバに餌をやるとき餌は大きい物をやらなければならない、くだらないガンダムなどいらない、だからサンダーボルトが選ばれた他の漫画家はもっと考えるべきだろう
>>
>>13702432
>Cross Ange was almost certainly a more profitable show for everyone
If by everyone you mean just King's Record sure.
>>
>>13702432
>having a new Tomino show let alone one he admits he fucked up
Found the retard.
>>
>>13701219
Why does Getter Robo attract such violent shitposting from from both fans and haters? Why is the hate so much stronger regarding this series than others? I just thought it was OK, but any time it's mentioned it turns into a total slapfight.
>>
Why does Gurren Lagann attract such violent shitposting from from both fans and haters? Why is the hate so much stronger regarding this series than others? I just thought it was OK, but any time it's mentioned it turns into a total slapfight.
>>
>>13702459
Sure why not.

But no, Bandai still had streaming rights, the game, and toy rights for it and at this point they're getting more mileage out of it for Robot Damashii even if that's only because it's not competing with HGs. Given they almost certainly had sub-Gundam levels of investment it's doing well.
>>
>>13702479
Found the spic

>>13702483
Found the newfag
>>
Why does Valvrave attract such violent shitposting from from both fans and haters? Why is the hate so much stronger regarding this series than others? I just thought it was OK, but any time it's mentioned it turns into a total slapfight.
>>
>>13702487
found muh waifu
>>
>>13702486
>Bandai still had streaming rights,
Which means jackshit since nobody uses their streaming series.
>the game
Which bombed
>toy rights for it and at this point they're getting more mileage out of it for Robot Damashii even if that's only because it's not competing with HGs
>RD
Kek

And only one got released, the fact that its been given such little fanfare means we're not getting the rest.

>Given they almost certainly had sub-Gundam levels of investment it's doing well.

You're talking out your ass.
>>
>>13702504
>And only one got released
Shit did I imagine that my Enryugo finally showed up after a month in shipping hell?

Vilkiss and Enryugo were regular releases, Hysterica, Theodra, Cleopatra, and Vilkiss final battle version are impending Tamashii web releases. Only the standard Arzenal machines are "display only" at this point.

>thinking Cross Ange looks high budget when they only modeled one robot with different heads and wings for the entire show and took like 6 episodes to finish the second OP
>>
>>13702524
I thought those were prototypes? Oh well its still
>web exclusive
>>
>>13701387
There's one guy who makes multiple and very similar bait threads for G-Reco all using /v/-like shitpost OP's and always spams the same reaction images.
He's changed tactics and is splitting his time with G-Reco and Macross Delta now as that's working out to be just as divisive. But if /m/ was gladly biting the bait before I'm sure we'll all enjoy another year of low quality posts and flinging.
>>
>>13701219
The newest tomino anime. That's it.
>>
>>13701257
This on both points.

I'm a Greco fag and I have to admit the fanbase is just as overzealous as the detractors both sides are shit.
>>
>>13701219
Because after years of everyone wanking about Tomino, and about how much better Gundam would be if he came back...

He finally came back and shit in everyone's mouth.
>>
File: 1423196549211.jpg (163 KB, 759x631) Image search: [Google]
1423196549211.jpg
163 KB, 759x631
>>13701219
Hippopotamus I guess.
>>
>>13701219
People who couldn't follow it took it as an insult, which turned into "i'm not stupid, you're stupid".
>>
>>13703066
People questioning toilets in mecha are completely beyond hope.
>>
>>13702486
>Robot Damashii even if that's only because it's not competing with HGs
All of those moved to p-bandai shop. Even Vilkiss final upgrade.
It should tell you a lot about how much they are selling.
>>
>>13703048
Jesus Christ. Do you see how many colors that tiny pic has? How many details and how expressive characters are?
I think the show was REALLY impressive.
>>
File: g-rektum.jpg (920 KB, 2560x2160) Image search: [Google]
g-rektum.jpg
920 KB, 2560x2160
>>13703153
This show objectively looks like shit.
>>
It's because /m/ has gotten to the point where it literally HAS to shitpost everything now.
>>
File: 50387350_p0_master1200.jpg (176 KB, 1024x848) Image search: [Google]
50387350_p0_master1200.jpg
176 KB, 1024x848
>>13702432
>let alone one he admits he fucked up making
You mean nearly every show he makes?

Tomino is never happy but he's overly been positive about Greco outside that one bit. This is like when people say he hates Turn A cause he once said the designs were a bit too weird for people
>>
>>13703148
Only Hysterica is noteworthy, I never would have expected the half an episode final battle repaints to be regular releases.

G-Self Reflector was Tamashii Web too anyways and they didn't even do a fucking space pack yet.

Worth remembering all of Side RM is absolutely stupid money because they insisted on including the fucking partsformer transformation.

>>13703223
We know he hates everything but usually only in vague terms about how he hates the tastes of himself 5 minutes ago rather than describing the actual production.
>>
>>13703236
>rather than describing the actual production.
But he didn't insult that. He just said he could have done more and it was 15/100, then you ignore how positive he has been about it as does ANN which is why it doesn't get translated. It's the same as how people still quote the wrong sales figures

For comparison with a show he actually he hates he said don't buy Victory and told a fan he didn't have to like it on Greco-radio. He never said that about Greco and has actually been supportive of it and if the rumours of compilation movies are true that shows it even more
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rycCGHB6Dso

Every G-Reco thread.
>>
>>13703245
> As a result, he feels that the story was "lost" amidst the action scenes and was a big miscalculation. "The principle that screenwriting should prevail over the quality of action scenes was totally discarded."
I mean there is something really special about the way Tomino directs action scenes and the flow of war generally that we haven't seen in a long time so I don't even consider that a massive deal because I really enjoyed what we got, but I kind of felt the final battles overshadowed the rest of the ending so that seems relatively specific compared to "I am a psycopath and Gundam sucks"
>>
>>13703245
He's working on Reco movies, he definitely doesn't hate it.
>>
>>13703266
Source?
>>
>>13703236
>I never would have expected the half an episode final battle repaints to be regular releases.
It is not a repaint, it has new parts.

>G-Self Reflector was Tamashii Web too anyways and they didn't even do a fucking space pack yet.
That wasn't a final upgrade, and we got the its final upgrade gunpla as regular release.
As for the others RD, Bandai has them it is probably just a matter of when.
>>
File: yeah! robots!.jpg (117 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
yeah! robots!.jpg
117 KB, 1280x720
Population to Shitposting ratio follows the square cube law. That's why things are so bad. We're getting popular.
>>
>>13703245
Also I don't know why anyone gives half a fuck what ANN thinks, it's not like they're known for being accurate or their readers for not being fuckheads.

>>13703284
>It is not a repaint, it has new parts.
They can be both.

>final battle Vilkiss variants
>one episode appearance recolour with different equipment
>Tamashii Web

>G-Self Reflector
>one episode appearance recolour with different equipment
>Tamashii Web

Final battle Vilkiss is a really minor repaint at that as far as the main character unit goes and the only outright new part is the beam sword, G-Self Perfect is even with its late debut one of the most heavily appearing MS in G-Reco, it's not comparable. If we were talking about Hilda's Glaive it would mean something.
>>
File: 54264245_p1_master1200.jpg (85 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
54264245_p1_master1200.jpg
85 KB, 400x400
>>13703311
>why anyone gives half a fuck what ANN thinks,
Cause they are big and has a lot of exposure. It's what the majority of anime fans will see even though if you ever mention it people will insult it. Kind of like with naruto, everyone says it is trash but it is still super huge. The silent majority is not very discerning and takes what they are told at face value
>>
>>13703318
The silent majority in America also does not care about anything but Gundam Wing and Gundam 00 plus maybe some OVAs, this has never horrendously concerned me either.
>>
>>13703323
And that not changing and missing out on shows to watch girls who follow the same tropes you like in setting X is the problem. Greco has a stigma now kind of like Turn A, ZZ or Victory did for the longest time, and while you can argue about the quality of all of them it doesn't change that people who do like them were put off for ages
>>
>>13703327
>ANN
>watching cute girls unless it's overrated Fate or all ages nakige shit
They have Steins;Gate as their number one anime while Madoka struggles to make the top fifty for fuck's sake.
>>
>>13703349
>Steins;Gate
All anyone talks about is waifus with that. I should amend that the general taste is just normie 101 but you can't say shitty waifu shows aren't popular there
>>
>>13703356
On /a/. The rest of the internet is still gay for Mememan and is maybe interested in Kurisu for memes and muh feels
>>
>>13703361
/a/ is just hipster, they are no different from ANN just minus liking popular stuff and more shitposting
>>
>>13703318
>Cause they are big and has a lot of exposure. It's what the majority of anime fans will see even though if you ever mention it people will insult it. Kind of like with naruto, everyone says it is trash but it is still super huge. The silent majority is not very discerning and takes what they are told at face value

Plus, ANN and sites like it are going to control the narrative.about how a show's received. ANN is considered a reliable news source by wikipedia and their coverage will have the most weight behind it. Wikipedia still cites the wrong BD numbers and ANN's mistranslated, cherry-picked interviews because they trust ANN, not some random blogpost that says otherwise.

The fact the show placed in Newtype polls (which always seems like an acceptable excuse for SEED but not for G-Reco), that it had better ratings than GBF or Try, Urobuchi praising it while distancing himself from A/Z, or that it's Tomino's most successful show since ZZ is lost on them. Likewise Banrise calling it a successful show, they still like to insist it flopped horribly.
>>
File: Bellri.Zenam.full.1824534.jpg (4 MB, 6012x4075) Image search: [Google]
Bellri.Zenam.full.1824534.jpg
4 MB, 6012x4075
>>13704389
Never mind what we got isn't 1% of all the news on greco but just what certain people (both fans and people who dislike it) picked out. There is a 17 episode radio show done by Bellri's VA where he talks with other VAs and Tomino and we have no idea what is in them. There were a load of Greco events and we have summaries on a few at best. Loads of magazine articles, none translated

It's the same problem for all series, we get a tiny bit of the information filtered through two clickbait sites
>>
>>13704389
>actually it's about ethics in robot cartoon sales numbers
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.