[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
does anybody actually like wing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 16
File: Wing_Gunpla.jpg (42 KB, 578x465) Image search: [Google]
Wing_Gunpla.jpg
42 KB, 578x465
I have never met anybody who likes gundam wing, and I'm afraid to give it a try.
Let's be civil and discuss wing and what it's all about.
One of the main complaints I hear is that wing might as well be a super mech Anime, rather than a gundam series.

What does /m/ think?
>>
this board is full of wing nostalgists
>>
None of what you are saying makes sense.

It's a Gundam team show with few jollies, but also very little angsting. Passable animation, quite a few cool suits.
>>
this must be a troll cause a huge majority of westerners love wing.
>>
>>13700152
that can't be true, Gundam has always been a niche thing in NA
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-02-13-35-49.png (327 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-02-13-35-49.png
327 KB, 1080x1920
Op here
>new to /m/
>new to gundam (binge watched 0079-unicorn in production order last week, and started 00)
>New to gunpla (just bought my first rx78 kit)

All of my gunpla nerd friends hate wing
>>
>>13700164
>All of my gunpla nerd friends hate wing

They're just mad that none of the grunt suits have kits.
>>
>>13700167
The grunt suits are awesome and deserve kits
>>
>>13700164
hmm, well I guess if you don't know about gundam wing and your friends don't care for it, you are probably of the newer generation that didn't grow up watching it on cable TV

I don't mean that as an insult or anything, but that seems to be the case if your group hasn't been exposed to gundam through gundam wing
>>
>>13700164
>All of my gunpla nerd friends hate wing

Well I guess that makes you a gunpla nerd that likes wing? Wing is absolute shit. It's almost as bad as the Gusion.
>>
>>13700144
Watched it this summer in my production order marathon, so no nostalgia for me

I like the general plot, how more overtly political it was compared to other Gundam, and while the action was dull and lacking creativity, the mobile suits in general were always rather well detailed and designed. There's not as much "angst" and stuff as other Gundam, especially compared to Victory or Zeta. It's largely to-the-point action scenes and some political drama. It does get shit toward the end with shitty designs and ideas like the Epyon and ZERO system. Endless Waltz, while very aesthetically pleasing, is nothing to write home about and a needless sequel, along with Frozen Teardrop.

>wing might as well be a super mech Anime, rather than a gundam series.
You're thinking about the wrong show, baka. Mobile Fighter G Gundam is the most super robot-y of 90s Gundam.

>>13700171
>the newer generation that didn't grow up watching it on cable TV
Or they're not American and from a country that never aired Wing, or they had no interest in watching it as a child. Not everyone got into anime as a child and most people didn't grow up watching any of it.
>>
>>13700178
But the Epyon is a good design.
>>
>>13700178
>ZERO system

It is better than the newtype stuff in most of Gundam.
>>
I think the hatred for Wing comes from the insane fangirls that took over its fandom rather than Wing itself.

The biggest problem Wing had imo was the lack of good 1 on 1 fights. There was alot of action but it was mostly the Gundam pilots destroying fodder.
>>
>>13700192
It's certainly less of a bullshit explanation
>>
>>13700144
I just thought it was boring as fuck. The main protagonists are all bland as fuck except for Duo. It takes itself so seriously it becomes comedic at times (watch episode 1 and try not to piss yourself laughing). Action is usually full of stock footage as well.

That said there are some good antagonists and good suit designs. I also liked Endless Waltz more since it gave proper backgrounds to most of the protagonists and actually gave them depth as characters.
>>
>>13700144
It's Mediocre at best. I mean I'd argue it's the weakest out of the 90s Gundam series, but it isn't horrible. Just give it a try and if you don't like it, stop watching it, what's the worse that comes from that, you'd loose some time you'd use watching some other shitty cartoon?

Really the worse part of it is just that the handful of characters that are fun to watch sadly also appear the least for the most part.
>>
File: cancer_tallgeese.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
cancer_tallgeese.gif
2 MB, 320x240
Wing is basically one of those shows where you kind of have to turn your brain off when you watch it.

It definitely has a shitload of problems: lack of consistency (Tallgeese whacking Heavyarms repeatedly with a beam saber and not dealing any meaningful damage), stock footage out the ass, two back-to-back review episodes, lack of logic, and numerous other things. But it does have pretty damn good characters (again, kind of have to turn your brain off for some of it), some of the action can be pretty good, the political drama is kind of nice, and the plot (what there is of it) is mainly character-driven rather than event-driven.

Disclaimer, I did watch it in the 90's as a kid, and I did re-watch it in Japanese with subs a decade later on my quest through all Gundam animated works. People give it a lot of flak for nostalgia reasons, and there is truth to that, but it also doesn't mean that it's an unredeemable pile of shit. It's hard to explain, but it does age fairly decently in that you can still appreciate it as an adult years later. Not something you can really say for some other ones like AGE or SEED/Destiny.
>>
Most western Gundam fans like Wing. It's just that it's mostly nostalgia and we recognize that it isn't really very good or original so rationally we say it's bad and that we don't like it even if nostalgia due to it being most peoples first Gundam dictates that really we're pretty fond of it.
>>
>>13700207

>The main protagonists are all bland as fuck except for Duo

I agree that Duo was the best but I wouldn't say the characters were bland, it's just that they were too straight forward with them and didn't develop except for Heero (who developed slightly).

Quatre was kind and fought as a last resource to bring peace to the end, Wu Fei was a le honorable chink warrior to the end, etc.

Duo > Quatre > Heero > Trowa > Wu Fei
>>
Also, that dub narrator is absolutely fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7OSeEMxDKE
>>
Gundam is only even remotely as popular as it is in the West *because* of Wing. Literally every motherfucking guy growing up loved Wing. Fucking Linkin Park loves Wing.

It was only after good internet + exposure to the rest of Gundam did the niche hobbyist become more cultured and come to enjoy the rest of Gundam.

The Wing remains one of the best selling kits.

Wing itself is fine; there's really only three problems.

1) Stock footage. This show loves to re-use stock footage like a fucking fiend. I only noticed it after someone pointed it out to me (I had watched it as a kid, went back and rewatched it).

2) Pacing. It doesn't handle transitions from political subterfuge and blathering about the Sanc Kingdom to explosions everywhere very much.

3) Depending on your preferences, homolust. The show was intended to play the fujobait angle before 00 did so more elegantly. There's a lot of weird promotional art out there for Wing, and a lot of the undertones make no sense other than to tickle whalebones.

Other than that, some fantastic (re-used) designs, and very entertaining events. Heavyarms vs Tallgeese in Alaska is hype as fuck.
>>
I've only just started to get into Gundam.
I've been watching IBO and Wing to start off
(I know, I know, I'll leave in a minute)
but I don't think Wing is THAT bad. I'm almost at the end and I'm getting pretty bored, but I guess I don't really have anything else to compare it to yet.
Going to start 0079 after Wing and stop being a pleb.
>>
>>13700144
I like it.
>>
File: oohh.jpg (175 KB, 535x798) Image search: [Google]
oohh.jpg
175 KB, 535x798
>>13700333
>>
>>13700380
Dafuq
>>
>>13700394
Sorry, I just missed this narrator voice and the music..

Saying that, I did enjoy Wing for the music mainly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBrDAsKBZBY
>>
>>13700407
It is pretty radical
>>
Wing had alot of interesting themes but failed to execute them properly.It was an okay series.I was honestly surprised that Endless Waltz was better than the series.
>>
>>13700438

The Mobile Dolls debate about replacing human soldiers was a very good theme.

Sadly it was secondary to muh pacifism.
>>
>>13700164
you are possibly younger or older than the generation that saw Wing as its first Gundam in the U.S.
>>
File: Corin.jpg (115 KB, 581x480) Image search: [Google]
Corin.jpg
115 KB, 581x480
>Wing Gundam PTSD.
>>
File: Rainer_Cziommer_in_battle.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Rainer_Cziommer_in_battle.png
1 MB, 1366x768
>Another Wing Gundam PTSD.
>>
>>13700168
>The grunt suits are awesome and deserve kits

The grunt suits (and Talgeese I) are the only good designs in Wing.
>>
>>13700450
>>13700458
Therefore, Corin = Future Rainer and thus GBF is the prequel to Turn A Gundam.
>>
>>13700333
The sound track I've always had a soft spot for, there's a lot of instruments used in it that are relatively rare to hear now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zY65OdgJ_Y
>>
>>13700171
>of the newer generation that didn't grow up watching it on cable TV

Could also be almost any American fan who had already encountered UC before Wing started up on Toonami. There's a lot of hate for it amongst this group, probably more than it really deserves.
>>
File: 1445136352298.png (4 KB, 232x185) Image search: [Google]
1445136352298.png
4 KB, 232x185
>>13700178
>Endless Waltz, while very aesthetically pleasing
>>
Did italians like
GOON DUM?
GOON DUM WING?
https://youtu.be/iNj5UaE6SAc
>>
I'm afraid if I watch it I'll like it
>>
File: Jesus Christ.png (900 KB, 690x968) Image search: [Google]
Jesus Christ.png
900 KB, 690x968
>>13700502
>I'm afraid I'll enjoy something

How much of a faggot are you?
>>
>>13700486
I've spoken to the Italian distributor some time ago, the Italians have a hard on for MSG just like Japan because that was the the show they saw first. They likely would have liked Wing as much as N. America if that was their first Gundam as well.
>>
>>13700502
>What are the the words of House /m/, Alex?
>>
File: ha.png (2 MB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
ha.png
2 MB, 1440x1080
>>13700479
Say what you will about the redesigns and spout your "muh feathers" memes, but the movie/OVAs looked great. The scenes when the Wing Zero fired his rifle at the end and broke apart, and when the Tallgeese destroys the asteroid looked really good.
>>
>>13700486

Posting superior German. Step up your fucking game, Italy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H4q_OaLqLc
>>
>>13700514
Not sure if that was op. But remember

>his friend group doesn't like wing
>>
>>13700144
Shit, I like wing.
>>
They wasted Heero being so autistic with very little humor.

Wing could have used a hot springs episode.
>>
Is Frozen Tears worth it or fanfiction tier?
>>
>>13700539
So?

Tell them to fuck off if they talk shit. Don't need to like the same exact things as your friends all the time.
>>
>>13700609
It's not fanfiction tier, it's much worse.
>>
>>13700144
>I have never met anybody who likes gundam wing

go on the normie side of the internet and post a picture of Wing or better yet, EW Wing

>OMG Its my religion
>aw yiss wing gundam is the best gundam/mecha! (despite him never seeing any gundam beside W at all, and probably haven't finish W because he watched bits and pieces of it back when he's still a kid during toonami)
>>
>>13700447
seconding this, I would have enjoyed W much more if its more about the AI vs Human debate.

the muh pacificsm thins is never done well and always come off as childish as fuck and/or unrealistic.

>I am going to drop this satellite onto earth to give humanity a lesson they never forget!
>imp-fucking-plying

humanity has forgotten a lot of horrible shit, you can drop an asteroid all you want but given enough time it will still be forgotten like all other heinous crimes.
>>
I like the first Tallgeese.
And Relena and Noin's napoleonic uniforms.
That's about all, really.

But just because I didn't like it doesn't necessarily mean you won't. Give it a shot. The absolute worst case scenario for you is that you will at least be able to say "I didn't like it" instead of "everyone tells me it's bad".
>>
>>13700660
>you will at least be able to say "I didn't like it" instead of "everyone tells me it's bad".

this man speaks the truth.
it's better to watch it and make up your own opinion.

If you think you have the time to spare for a 40 something episodes show that may or may-not be shit then by all means go for it.
>>
YOU SURE ARE BIG GUN-DAMN
>>
>>13700659
>seconding this, I would have enjoyed W much more if its more about the AI vs Human debate.

It was an interesting idea, but they really failed to capitalize on it (or really present a reason to side with the idea of keeping human soldiers.)
>>
I love how genuinely crazy it is, it's like a kid playing with his toys while constantly going AND THEN THIS HAPPENS, the designs and characters are all really memorable for once reason or another and I have a thing for the way it was written as nothing but conceit to string a bunch of dumb one liners and cool moments together
>>
>>13700271
What's wrong with AGE?
>>
>>13700700

Romefeller did nothing wrong.

I mean, their way to eternal peace was to use the overwhelming might of Mobile Dolls to rule the world with an iron fist, and if a conflict actually happened it would be resolved without human life loss using the robots.

You could have qualms about that totalitarism or the potential for tyranny that the people that controlled the dolls had, however it was way more believable than Relena's idea to bring peace which was basically wishfull thinking.

Or Zech's that was pure madness.
>>
>>13700714
Not him, but I thought it was a bit too rushed. It should have been longer so that each era could be explored more thoroughly, three cour at least. A lot of people call bullshit on Kio's ending, but I like the way the show goes from "I have to save everyone on my side" to "I have to save as many people as I can" to "I have to save EVERYONE".
I don't dislike Kio, but kid Asemu is my favorite of the three.
>>
>>13700175
Kill yourself. Guison is better then every Greco suit, outside the grimoire, and wing itself is a lot more tolerable then g reco as a whole.
Op, the issue people have with wing is that the characters make questionable decisions and the main bad guy does a complete 180 near the end. Plus, the main character basically has a running gag where he constantly tells the main heroine that he's going to kill her, but doesnt. Otherwise it's got some of the best mobile suit designs, especially for grunts, and while the animation isn't bad it's not all that good either. It's worth at least one watch and it's thoroughly entertaining. I'd give it a low "b"
>>
> I hear is that wing might as well be a super mech Anime, rather than a gundam series.
That's a silly complaint as the line is blurred to all hell at this point

>>13700164
Wing was many people's first exposure to gundam, this of course means some overrate and some hate it intensely
>>
File: Treize.Khushrenada.full.419949.jpg (2 MB, 1861x2551) Image search: [Google]
Treize.Khushrenada.full.419949.jpg
2 MB, 1861x2551
>Wing thread
>no mention of based Treize
>>
I find it funny how many people said greco plot and characters were nonsensical when wing is very popular in the west but much worse in those aspects
>>
>>13700144
Wing was the first Gundam I ever got into. In fact, was the first animated mecha series I got into (first series period was Virtual On at arcades). I still even own the old VHS tapes I bought with my paltry allowance at Toys R' Us way back when, as well as the recordings I made with a VCR. My first ever anime DVD? Endless Waltz.

Anyway, it was a nice series, and even after rewatching it in recent times, still holds up fairly well. With that said, I do admit there's plot hax moments (near-invincible Leos when the MCs are piloting) and some other notable flaws, such as inconsistent armor, but like all other Gundam series, you're not supposed to take it super seriously. Heck, if I took it seriously, I'd have died of high blood pressure with what ridiculous extremes they've taken it to in Frozen Teardrop.

Also, I loved the instrumental ending they gave the broadcast run:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqEny2Ir_Sk
>>
>>13701104
Yeah but G-Reco designs are boring. The G-Reco is cool, but that's it.

There's nothing grabbing like Wing where it literally shoves the suit down your throat and goes FUCK YOU THIS IS A BIRD JET THAT SHOOTS RAPE LASERS

THIS IS A FLAMETHROWING DRAGON KUNGFU SUIT

THIS NIGGA IS MADE OUT OF GUNS

etc.

Kids were hype for Wing because how powerful the Gundams were portrayed, and each of them having a 'role' or special ability is incredibly appealing to people that want to "identify" with something.
>>
>>13701133
>G-Reco designs are boring for the general audience
FTFY because they're a beauty.
>>
>>13701143
I didn't say they weren't beautiful, I said they were BORING. G-Self is a fuckin' blue Aile Strike with bunny ears, G-Arcane is cool but the show goes out of their way to crap on Aida at every turn so she looks incompetent and the Arcane seems shit as a result. No one in the West gives an insular fuck about grunt suits either, so there's literally nothing left to sell the show.
>>
>>13701133
I get the point your making. But it isn't cause they were badly designed or boring, the shit the G-self pulls off is ten times cooler than any wing suit as it isn't the same stock footage for every action and suits in general are given a lot of personality

The main wing suits basically function like Sentai, easy to separate and attribute something to yet all feel linked. Basically it doesn't mater that the action was shit and the kids ignored the story as they liked taking a few attributes and owning them. Also why the show works for shipping so much, cause that isn't based on well thought out characterisation but how easily they can plug stuff together
>>
>>13701182
I haven't watched Wing in over 10 years but I still remember Zechs ripping a crab in half, Quatre going nutters and blowing up a colony, Shenlong grabbing dudes with his dragon hands, Duo cloaking, etc.

I just finished G-Reco last month and all I remember is Bellri using the mining equipment as a beam rifle in the first episode, and continually launching his newly acquired booster packs at the enemy ala Victory. Even if there was no stock footage and he was swerving around and doing trick shit, it just didn't stick with me.
>>
>>13701133
>The G-Reco
Found the retard

You haven't even watched the show
>>
>>13701360
Even if he didn't, I did >>13701164

Fuck your blue Aile Strike. G-Self is overrated as fuck.
>>
>>13701164
>G-Self is a fuckin' blue Aile Strike with bunny ears

>one backpack is the same concept
>SAME GENDUM LOLOLOL
>>
>>13700163
Wing was the first big exposure due to Toonami. I myself enjoy it, but not nearly as much as some of the UC stuff. Nostalgia definitely plays a role, but the overall 90's feel of it all and the OST are fun. Also Frozen Teardrop's Warlock and Prometheus look pretty cool.
>>
>>13700333
Voice of the Bentusi and the Hybrid in Battlestar Galactica.
>>
gundam wing/ seed only two worth watching
>>
>>13701723
Troll? Or serious?
>>
File: Treize.png (684 KB, 899x606) Image search: [Google]
Treize.png
684 KB, 899x606
>>13701081

I'd fight for him.
>>
>>13700164
>binge watched 0079-unicorn in production order last week
Is that even possible? How many hours did you sleep?
>>
>>13701794
Serious.
>>
>>13703972
I am on a steroid for an infection..which makes me pretty restless.
I finished 0079 in a day and a half then watched 0080, finished zeta the next day etc.
I did it all in a total of 7 days.
I literally didn't do anything else except watch Gundam and eat.
>>
>>13703996
>production order
>watching 0080 before Zeta
>>
>>13700144
>>13700164
>Op here
>>new to /m/
Lurk moar.
Yes, many people like Wing. It's not the greatest, but it's far from the worst.
It's got some nice animation and
Endless Waltz is pretty aight.
Also, Tallgeese is love Tallgeese is life.
>One of the main complaints I hear is that wing might as well be a super mech Anime, rather than a gundam series.
Not on /m/, nobody gives a shit about that "distinction" except for people having a giggle and tvtropers.
>>13701038
>Guison is better then every Greco suit
I think Barbatos and the Grazes are stupidly sexy, but the Gusion is only alright, (can't speak to the quality of the kit), the Kimaris needs a smaller headcrest, that or it needs to ditch it completely. It looks like a stupid ass Eldar Dire Avenger.

>>13701133
>The G-Reco is cool, but that's it.
Kek, I haven't seen Reco, but you most certainly haven't.
Besides, the Arcane shits all of the Self, well it would if it didn't have the skirt.
>There's nothing grabbing like Wing where it literally shoves the suit down your throat
Then perhaps Aldnoah.Zero might be more your speed?
>>
>>13700782
>but I thought it was a bit too rushed. It should have been longer so that each era could be explored more thoroughly

I get this too, but I doubt even if you gave each arc a longer run time the series would still be very sub-par. The entire show is riddled with ancient cliches.
>>
>>13704014
>It's not the greatest, but it's far from the worst.

kek, this is very wrong, especially if you put it in the context of "gundam series power rankings"

While Seed Destiny will probably be the undisputed king of the bottom of the list, there's not very much shows that does things worse than Wing.

>It's got some nice animation
>Wing
>>
>>13704003
I was told that was production order
>>
>>13704036
but.. but the production dates are right...

gah, my troll-sense
>>
>>13704036
>I was told
Stop blaming others for your own fuck-ups.
>>
>>13704050
I'll just go be an hero now..
>>
>>13704039
>>13704054
Oh my god is this your first day on 4chan or something
>>
>>13700534
where were you in 1980
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yF7XH54QzI
>>
>>13704036
It's not that big a deal, though you'd appreciate 0080 and 0083 a bit better knowing what happens in Zeta.

I mean my first Gundam was 0083 (this was back before Wing aired on CN and the compilation movies, 0080, and 0083 were all coming out on VHS)
>>
Could someone do an extremely quick photoshop of Zeta with Wing Zero TV's shield?
>>
>>13704027
Better than everything else in the 90s outside of possibly Turn A, better than Destiny and possibly Seed, better than 00S2, better than AGE, better than Victory.
>>
I like Wing, and I've never met someone offline who watched it and didn't like it. Anytime I see it discussed online it's quite clear that people haven't watched it because they talk about things that don't happen in the show or somehow get the context completely wrong.
I don't know why people online just want to hate the show so much.
>>
The Mech designs and that fucking sweet as fuck OST made the series for me. The animation in the Endless Waltz OVA was a nice end to the entire thing.
The plot was weird and Frozen Teardrop solidifies the thought that the author was all over the goddamn place writing the story. Frozen Teardrop gets some shit but Wing is the same shit just written a decade and half ago.

To this day Wing has the soundtrack that sets it apart from the rest. Most of the background music for series afterwards aren't distinct enough.
>>
>>13711071
>Frozen Teardrop gets some shit but Wing is the same shit just written a decade and half ago.

No. Anyone who ever suggests this doesn't know what they are talking about. Sumisawa didn't even write all of Wing. He wrote half before being kicked off. Wing was also written by a ton of people and not just him.
>>
File: 1440947516724.gif (298 KB, 500x327) Image search: [Google]
1440947516724.gif
298 KB, 500x327
>>13709944
>Wing better than Victory
>>
>>13711107
Victory? Melodrama the series? Introduce characters just to immediately kill them the series? Retarded deaths the series? No final villain the series? Unexplained powers the series? Unresolved characters the series?
>>
>>13711118
I'll fight ya bub
>>
>>13711123
I love Victory. It has incredible MS designs, great battles and top notch music. But to pretend that the plot didn't shit the bed and that the characters weren't mishandled is lying. Victory was made by a depressed man and it shows.
>>
>>13711133
I'm not going to argue that but I'd still rather watch Victory again than Wing.
>>
File: For anon.jpg (146 KB, 700x1000) Image search: [Google]
For anon.jpg
146 KB, 700x1000
>>13709928
I'm sorry if it's not to scale and that I didn't see your post until now. Hope this helps.
>>
>>13700144
L U R K M O R E

>>13700461
>implying heavyarms isn't awesome
>implying Mercurius and Vayeate aren't awesome

git >>>/out/
>>
File: kidandhisgunpla.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
kidandhisgunpla.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>13700486
>did italians like wing

thought that was obvious
>>
File: JUST WATCH IT.png (26 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
JUST WATCH IT.png
26 KB, 1000x1000
>>13700144
Dude. Wing was huge back in the day. Lotta fans went on to watch more of the franchise and leave Wing behind, but there were plenty that didn't, that held fast to it as the best show, the best and strongest suits, the most skillful characters, etc. And they came to be referred to disparagingly as 'Wingers' in many circles. These were those rejects that, even when exposed to other Gundam shows, would swear that Wing Zero can destroy Turn A, Freedom, Exia, etc.

But more than that, holy shit, it's a cartoon, not a rattlesnake, the heck are you afraid of? Watch the first few episodes and make your own opinion. Or that's too much, take in the Toonami promos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVcCB4fze94
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSAe5MMJZ2w
>>
Most of the Wing love is Toonami nostalgia. I rewatched it recently and it definitely is not as good as I remember it being. It's actually pretty dumb at the end of the day. The best part is the mobile suit design for sure.
>>
I watched it not too long ago. I got some enjoyment out of it, it had some really cool concepts and mecha designs. However, i don't think it was all that good. I think the main problem with it was how seriously it took itself when there was so much dumb shit going on, the fact that the protagonists barely developed at all, and that many parts were somewhat boring.
>>
Were all the gundam pilots insane?
>>
general septum's dub voice is hilarious.
>>
Why is Wing one of the most popular series when it's so boring?
>>
>>13700475
Way more.

Then again this is the same crowd who told us all that Zeta was the Second Coming and ZZ was literally Satan before the rest of us got to see them, so I wish I knew why anyone still listens to them.
>>
>>13714498
At a minimum Heero and Quatre were. Trowa was more emotionally stunted, Duo looked the most normal but was likely just doing the best job at hiding it, and Wufei was just an asshole.
>>
>>13715055
It was the first mecha anime for many, like me. nostalgia beats out criticism. rewatching a few years back and i dont think its that bad. quite enjoyable. I like how factions were quickly switching loyalties and how white fang just sprang up at the end for CCA type ending.
>>
>>13700486

No wonder Fellini got so hyped on Wing.
>>
>>13715071

That Duo "Shinigami" Maxwell was the sanest of the bunch speaks a lot about the group.
Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.