[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did he mean by this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7
File: 1451596473951.jpg (115 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1451596473951.jpg
115 KB, 960x720
What did he mean by this?
>>
no idea but i doubt he will kill her that's for sure
>>
>>13692767
He means he wants to marry her, he's just being yandere about it
>>
It means he'll need 48 eps. of character development to turn his toxic autism into regular autism.
>>
>>13692767
Even as a little kid watching this on Toonami, I knew he wasn't going to kill her. She was the main female character!
>>
he meant "stay the fuck way, I got an important mission to do and can't fuck up on it or its all over". if he'd been a casual terrorist, sure, let's have a quick fling with a sheltered teen girl who's probably kinky as fuck. but no, he's on the most crucial of missions.
>>
>>13692807
>Toonami
You mean "destroy" her, right?

For some reason, Toonami liked to censor "kill" with "destroy". Even though that actually sounds like ten times worse.
>>
>>13692841
Pansy US broadcasting standards. I swear, that country constantly wrestles with what content is okay to say and/or show on TV.
>>
>>13692841
Speaking of which, was yu yu hakusho as word replaced? I don't remember any changes to the profanity in the show but then again it's been over a decade for me
>>
>>13692767
He's going to kill her innocence of course.
>>
>>13692866
Nothing as it aired during Adult Swim not Toonami.
>>
>>13692841
"I'll destroy you."

...yeah, sounds like he's gonna take a chunk of Relena with him after he'd finished self-destructing on her without her permission or something. Sounds menacing, retarded AND sexual all in one.
>>
>>13692767
He's implying that she will soon no longer be living, and that it will be because of something he does in response to her asking him out on a date.
>>
>>13692866
The dub isn't always accurate. I randomly compared a scene and they added a joke where there wasn't one originally.
>>
>>13692841

remembering watching it the first day it aired. almost positive he said "i'll kill you".
>>
>>13692841
he said kill for the britbong airing
>>
>>13692767
I don't know but it's probably the funniest scene in human history
>>
>>13692841

And they replaced "damn" with "blast"
>>
>>13693109
it did at midnight
first time through they ran it twice each day, edit in the afternoon / early evening then uncut in the "Toonami Midnight Run"
>>
>>13693216
>>13692841
>>13693183

Toonami in the UK definitely left damn and kill alone since they're not swear words here, and kids shows like Doctor Who say them, but we also got the US ending.

Outlaw Star was also left alone, but that was when Toonami turned into CNX.
>>
He was going to give her a letter that asked her to marry him. Your sight my delight.
>>
I opened 4chan and this was under the popular threads section. I lost my shit and laughed so hard snot flew out of my face.

I'm pretty sure "I'll kill you" means "I'll kill you" he will end her life, stop her heartbeat, she will be no more specifically because of him.
>>
>>13693381

Really? Because considering he never kills her, I don't think "I'll kill you" actually meant that
>>
>>13693366
Unless it aired "post watershed" i doubt you got Outlaw Star entirely uncut...
>>
>>13693439
it aired at 9pm ish which afaik was after
>>
>>13693439
>Brown nipples

Gotta give some credit where it's due. At least it wasn't generic pink nipples.
>>
>>13693451
It's the only nipples in the entire show... unless you count the "pilot".
>>
>>13693439

Nope, I'm pretty sure we got that. I remember when the US got that Toonami April Fools thing and people said "DUDE, THEY'RE SHOWING THE MISSING EPISODE!" and it was just the hot springs episode. I had to wait for my mum to go to bed to watch that shit as a kid.

Tenchi Muyo was definitely edited, I had no idea too, I didn't expect to see tits when I bought the DVD set. And when they're drinking "tea", it just made everyone think "Tea is alcoholic in Japan?" because they totally act drunk.

It was even weirder for Dragon Ball since Goku and a few other child characters have their dicks out, on TV in America they edited a pair of boxers on Goku and Kuririn since they actually wear boxers in the show, but in the UK they edited a fundoshi on Goku whenever he got naked.
>>
>>13693513
When they showed the OVA version of Tenchi Muyo on Toonami they digitally put swimsuits on the girls whenever they were naked.
>>
>>13692841
I thought Wing had all the harsh language that was later censored in G Gundam. The biggest problen was really the use of the name "Deathscythe Hell."
>>
>>13693580

What would they have called it? Deathscythe Heck? Most US edited anime got rid of "death" so calling it Deathscythe Hell in the first place was pretty ballsy. If 4kids dubbed it they would have to scrap the entire name, can't say death, can't say hell, kids don't know what a scythe is.

They'd have named it Shadowblade Dark or something.
>>
>>13692767
Still pissed that they translated it as that instead of, "I'm going to kill you." I don't like the ambiguity, where it could mean, "Being around me will kill you," as much as, "I'm stone-cold going to fade you in the near future."
>>
>>13693516
Yes, and it was hilarious because the "swimsuits" were just monocolor fills, no shading or anything. And their boobs bounced around as per usual.
>>
>>13692767
He wanted to see if she was crazy enough to still cum for his dick afterwards cause he only digs chicks as crazy as he is.
>>
>>13693691
He's literally talking about how he is going to kill Relena because she knows too much
and then he never does because around episode 6 or so Heero suffered mental damage and forgot what he was doing (which is why he stops having any emotion at all)
>>
>>13695209
That's what I mean. It's too ambiguous. If he'd just said, "I'm going to kill you," it would be explicit that it's his intent to kill her, not just a fact of being around him. The problem is that the literal Japanese was ambiguous, if you're just looking at the words and not the context.

It's kind of a, "Han shot first," thing with me.
>>
File: 1325223122647.jpg (44 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1325223122647.jpg
44 KB, 512x384
>>13695209
>because around episode 6 or so Heero suffered mental damage and forgot what he was doing (which is why he stops having any emotion at all)

That explains a lot.
>>
>>13695850
Heero was emotionless way before he got shot in the head.I think that getting shot in the head caused him to gradually mellow out as the series progressed.
>>
>>13692790
>toxic autism
>>
File: 1325983202935.jpg (107 KB, 1017x732) Image search: [Google]
1325983202935.jpg
107 KB, 1017x732
>>13695873
>getting shot in the head helps you to fix your mind

Fight Club taught be that as well.
>>
File: 1326567169803.jpg (49 KB, 450x500) Image search: [Google]
1326567169803.jpg
49 KB, 450x500
>>13695907
*me
>>
>>13692767
Am I the only one annoyed that Heero was supposed to be 15 years old?
>>
>>13695936
I honestly thought that Heero,Wufei and Duo were 17.I thought Trowa was 19 and Quatre was 14.
>>
>>13692841
Welcome to political correctness, it's been around for far too long and needs to go.

As for the edit, when they changed it to "I''l destroy you" makes it sound like.
"I'm going to rape the shit out of you"
>>
>>13696076
Censoring shit because it might scare dumb kids and soccer moms is not what "political correctness" means, dumbass.
>>
File: Heeroshima.png (122 KB, 400x368) Image search: [Google]
Heeroshima.png
122 KB, 400x368
>>13695873
look at my picture
he never does this again
>>
>>13695879

Early Heero was an asshole who interacted with no one and was obsessed with his missions. Not to mention that he tried to kill himself multiple times.

Late Heero was quiet and still very focused but was able to trust and talk with at least Relena and the Gundam pilots. Also he lost his suicidal tendencies.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.