[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is my first post In /m/ What do all of you think of this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: 51cbgXn1gaL._SY400_.jpg (24 KB, 412x400) Image search: [Google]
51cbgXn1gaL._SY400_.jpg
24 KB, 412x400
This is my first post In /m/

What do all of you think of this gunpla?
Is it a good kit?
>>
>>13691822
You could've checked Dalong.net
Try using the gunpla generals here and on /toy/, even if they're often a mess.
>>
>>13691832
Thank you anon. Forgot about dalong
>>
>>13691822
desu you should get the Barbatos.

The G-Self is from a TERRIBLE show
>>
File: Too big to be bait.jpg (104 KB, 680x989) Image search: [Google]
Too big to be bait.jpg
104 KB, 680x989
>>13691869
>>
>>13691822
>Is it a good kit?
It has slightly worse articulation than one would expect for a contemporaneous kit, though that's because of extra armor over its joints. It has, for example, a fully rotatable upper thigh joint, but armor makes it so it can only swivel its leg about 35-40 degrees.

The color separation is very much designed to take advantage of paint, with the head sculpt separated so that the yellow on the sides, as well as the red jewel, can be painted separately before assembling.

It also takes advantage of the soft PS formula that Bandai have been using since the HG Build Strike, which is fantastic. If you like the looks of the G-self, it's not a bad kit at all.
>>
>>13691871
And somehow, despite your claim that it's "bait", it still got a reply.

Sasuga Rectard.
>>
>>13691878
Listen, I don't care about the stupid IBO vs. G Reco shit here right now. I really don't, and I'd rather not have this derailed into another IBO thread.

That said, what the fuck? /m/ glossing over the faults of the show is one thing, but this? This had to be one of the most disappointing gunpla of the last few years. After so many improvements in HG releases as a whole, this set was just one massive step back in so many regards. Even if you like the design, you should at least be honest about the kit's glaring faults.

To each their own, but don't mislead the guy.
>>
>>13692465
yeah ops better off getting the robot damashi
>>
File: giphy.gif (974 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
974 KB, 500x281
>>13691878
>One detailed and critical review
>>13692465
>NO DON'T BUY IT CAUSE ITS BAD GUISE

Gee....I wonder who am I gonna trust more?
>>
Here is the main deciding factor, will you go through the effort of acquiring the tools and skill involved with model building? If you're not willing to commit then your better off buying the RD rather than a model kit.
>>
Like >>13691878 said, it has bad articulation for a modern kit. It can also be sticker heavy, depending on which version you get.

I wouldn't go for it unless you really like the design.
>>
>>13692653
>it has bad articulation for a modern kit
Otherwise known as great articulation for the design by any sane non-masturbatory standard.

>I wouldn't go for it unless you really like the design.
I feel like you may have missed the point of models somewhere along the line if you even feel the need to say something like this.
>>
File: hg delta kai sticker sheet.jpg (70 KB, 575x500) Image search: [Google]
hg delta kai sticker sheet.jpg
70 KB, 575x500
>>13692653
>bad articulation for a modern kit
Easy tips to improving the articulation of your HG G-self:
1) get a hobby knife
2) cut a tiny bit of plastic off the white top inner thigh piece
3) voila, an extra 30% of articulation

In other words, if you are very interested in articulation, then it's an easy fix. If you're not going to be bothered to do that, then why get a kit in the first place? There's a RD.

Most of the stickers are for back-lighting pieces under the clear plastic, which shouldn't bother anyone. The pieces on the face are engineered to allow for easy painting pre-assembly. And if you can't be arsed to paint a strip of red, black, and two strips of yellow, that's... well, too bad, I suppose. The kit's not particularly sticker heavy considering the color apps on it. Pic-related is sticker heavy.

What I would say is that the lack of color on the rifle is unfortunate, but not unexpected (just like the lack of color on the DX's rifle).

>I wouldn't go for it unless you really like the design
I'd maintain you should do this for any kit, really.
>>
please shitpost with your trip on, I ask again
>>
>>13691869
Very true
>>
>>13692798
>snapfit spammer in the thread without his trip
Well that explains some things.
>>
OP here..
I decided to wait on the Reco kit, and go for the rx78 revive for now.
>>
>>13693841
Crisis averted. We've saved yet another consumer from the terrible excuse of a series that is G-Reco. Good job, everyone.

Also, in case you all weren't aware, G-Reco didn't even place in the top 50 anime of 2015. How embarrassing.
>>
Nice shoop!
>>
>>13696811
http://desustorage.org/_/search/tripcode/!!4FQSbFyIMMO/
>>
>>13696822
FAKE!
>>
It's not the best. Several of the HG kits out before it are better in terms of articulation, color separation, and stickers. If you like the design enough to put some effort into making it look and feel better, then go for it. If not, then don't waste your time.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.