[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Heavy Arms' Gatling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: unnamed (5).gif (2 MB, 465x317) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (5).gif
2 MB, 465x317
I always thought Heavy Arms' Gatling used real ammo. This was more evident in Endless Waltz, at least for me. However, the other day I finally started with my MG Heavy Arms. It took me by surprise that the manual classifies it as a "Beam Gatling".

I don't know what to believe anymore.
>>
The TV series version always had a beam gatling, and the EW version always fired slugs. It's extremly obvious since there's absolutely nowhere to store any sort of physical ammo in the TV version. There really isn't anyplace for the chest guns either, but at least it isn't as blatant about it.
>>
The TV version has a beam arm gatling and physical round chest gatling. The EW version has a beam chest gatling and physical round arm gattlings. The GotL un-upgraded design uses a large beam arm gattling with what is most likely a chain of energy packs.
>>
>tl;dw Gundam Wing is never coming back
>>
>>13691416
Isn't it in the TV series where the need to get ammo as well as Heavyarms running out of ammo present in the plot?
>>
>>13691416
Now that you mention it, it was stupid of me to think of the real ammunition in the arm gatling. I always imagined the arm was hollow and it stored a little bit of ammo (specially seeing how quickly the gatling would run out of ammo).

>>13691447

Interesting, more so with the Heavy Arms ver. Ka having such chain of energy packs (and the back storage).

>>13691416

Why yes, in fact in one episode that's why Trowa uses the army knife as a surprise attack.
>>
>>13691530

Yes, Heavyarms rans out of ammo a couple of times in the early episodes and needs to use that short blade, then is assisted by Sandrock.
>>
>>13691530
The arm gattling is powered by an energy pack, which can run out of power, not directly from the ms's reactor. This is why it can run out of ammo.
>>
File: Heavyarms + King of Missiles.jpg (289 KB, 800x1169) Image search: [Google]
Heavyarms + King of Missiles.jpg
289 KB, 800x1169
>>
>>13691631
Heavyarms is a beautiful thing. Really my favorite out of the five Wing Gundams easily.
>>
File: 1298678653681.jpg (372 KB, 714x1024) Image search: [Google]
1298678653681.jpg
372 KB, 714x1024
>>13691377
Katoki unfucked Okawara's setup by reversing which ones were powered directly and which ones had an "ammo limit", as others have stated.

Then his design of the original Heavyarms was used to replace the original Okawara version in later Wing works, including The Glory of Losers, as well as in overall canon.

I'm pretty sure the EW twin gatlings are ammo-based, as there were shell casings lying on the ground. Whether or not the Heavyarms Ver. Ka. used physical or energy based ammo I don't recall as I've only begun to learn Jap.
>>
>>13692009

Katoki gets some justified bashing, but really, he knows his shit.

Only thing I still don't like about the EW version is the color change from Red to Blue. Made no damn sense. Also, I consider kinda dumb the DUAL-WIELDING DOUBLE GATLING, even if the idea itself it's pretty badass, when he had to dispose of the ammo storage.
>>
>>13692009
So, does the EW version have the wrist blade? Because I see it on this sketch along what I believe is an hidden beam saber, but I don't remember seeing it in the actual OVA/Movie.
>>
>yfw realizing the Heavyarms' chest is a Gundam facemask
>>
>>13692399
The red one still does.
>>
>>13691530
not necessarily running out of ammo, but exhausting itself. think about the beam cannons used in the series. they can fire almost through the entire fight, but with a pause in between. heavy arms just kept shooting and shooting and shooting. at some point, the system would overheat.
>>
>>13692763
Hum, the original Wing gundams seem to have all their weapons in Glory of Losers. Is it also the case for the upgraded ones or do they keep their nerfed arsenal from the Movie?
>>
>>13692009
>I'm pretty sure the EW twin gatlings are ammo-based, as there were shell casings lying on the ground. Whether or not the Heavyarms Ver. Ka. used physical or energy based ammo I don't recall as I've only begun to learn Jap.
But we never see the gatlings eject casings. For all we know it's just vulcans, machine cannons, or chest gatlings.
>>
>>13692953
The Kai EW's gatlings usually use physical ammunition in games, for what that's worth.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.