[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dynamic Pro might be poorfag, but it was never so bad that they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
Dynamic Pro might be poorfag, but it was never so bad that they had to settle for 3d cgi for the main mechs in their budgeted productions like the Getter or Mazinkaiser OVAs, or their TV series like Shin Mazinger and Shin Jeeg.

So why do mecha shows these days with obviously plenty of budget have to opt for cgi mechs? Just looking at Delta makes me incredibly disappointed at the direction things are going.

Props to Sunrise for still keeping 2d mech animation going (Except for Origin, fuck that shit). Satelight and all these other anime studios can go to hell.
>>
SKL is fucking garbage, both plot and animation wise.
>>
>>13691323
>Dynamic Pro
>poorfag
>>
>>13691327
Hand drawn 2d animation done by a small team of excellent animators.

It's better than anything cgi in the past 10 years.
>>
File: ZOIDS.jpg (206 KB, 610x320) Image search: [Google]
ZOIDS.jpg
206 KB, 610x320
>>13691347
This is from 1999 and it looks better than SKL.
>>
>>13691323
Don't worry, they will join the CG revolution. It's just a matter of time, as the technology further matures and more Japs learn the process.
>>
>>13691352
>ugly cgi shit
>looks better
top kek

get a better pair of sunglasses, senpai.
>>
File: sunburnt char.jpg (42 KB, 500x570) Image search: [Google]
sunburnt char.jpg
42 KB, 500x570
>>13691369
>sunglasses
>>
>>13691364
The spaceship in the Grendizer Giga manga trailer is the closest they got. The main mech however has always remained 2d hand drawn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTjN6gC35t0
>>
>>13691382
I still want a Gendizer Giga anime.
>>
>>13691382
Also a LOT of enemy mechs in Mazinkaiser SKL were CG.
>>
>>13691323
>or their TV series like Shin Mazinger and Shin Jeeg

Are you forgetting that Shin Jeeg used CG like crazy? CG that really, really stands out nowadays?
>>
>>13691913
I said
>for the main mechs
Using cgi for anything else other than the main mech is not a sin. SKL used cgi too, but not for Kaiser.
>>
I hope we get some new Mazinkaiser or Getter series using CG (either as-is or with a 2D filter), if it means more action than even SKL got with regular 2D.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.