[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey kids, do you want to play a new giant mecha game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: 844766.png (218 KB, 659x381) Image search: [Google]
844766.png
218 KB, 659x381
Hey kids, do you want to play a new giant mecha game?
>>
It's shit
>>
File: laughing mole.jpg (16 KB, 267x375) Image search: [Google]
laughing mole.jpg
16 KB, 267x375
You think Tomino would enjoy Bokurano if he watched/read it?
>>
>>13690648
>Tomino
>enjoy
kekekek
>>
>>13689944
No.
>Uninstall
>>
>>13690656
He liked G doe
>>
Anime ending, or manga ending. Which does /m/ prefer?
>>
>>13690787
I found both good, the manga because it was the original and had much more character develoment for even Koemushi who turned out into a bro at the end and the anime for at least giving a somewhat happy ending for the surviving cast
>>
>>13690770
No, he said all Gundam shows not made by him are shit, and he's right
>>
>>13690729
Why not ? It's the sort of game you would die for.
>>
>>13690966
That didn't happen.
>>
>>13691166
https://nekketsunikki.wordpress.com/2015/08/27/tomino-said-g-reco-takes-place-around-500-years-after-turn-a/

>“I’m the one who gave the go sign to Imagawa to make G Gundam. It was supposed to be a breakthrough, but it ended up being whatever.”

>“I sold the rights for Gundam, so of course I can understand other people are making shows too, but it’s painful and I can’t watch them."

>“Sometimes I force myself to watch them, but I can only last 5 minutes.”
>>
>>13691291
>whatever = shit
>when coming from an old man who doesn't watch anime

And he specifically said he liked 0080, so fuck off.
>>
>>13691312
>And he specifically said he liked 0080, so fuck off.
>I can understand other people are making shows too, but it’s painful and I can’t watch them."
>>
>>13691322
>Yoshiyuki Tomino, who was not involved in the show's production, was interviewed for the Newtype magazine April 1989 issue, after the release of the first episode. He praised the director's effort to make the show realistic and focused on things other than Mobile Suit battles. He also commented on two glitches, one being the portrayal of a blue sky in the colony rather than the other side of the cylinder, which is only about 6.4 km away; and the children being out during a wartime alert. Tomino thought that school resuming with combat in such close proximity was unrealistic, when a more sensible response should have been to close the school immediately and guide the children to shelters.
>>
>>13691337

That sounds like simple nitpicking.
>>
>>13691605
Exactly.
>>
>>13691337
>Sometimes I force myself to watch them, but I can only last 5 minutes
>I can understand other people are making shows too, but it’s painful and I can’t watch them.
>>
>>13691605
sounds like an online chines image board I know of
>>
>>13691291
>"it’s painful and I can’t watch them."
Painful that others do a better job with your concepts than you, the George Lucus of anime?
>>
>>13690966

Not him, but why does it matter if Tomino likes something or not? The guy is basically the Harlan Ellison of anime, he doesn't like anything he didn't personally make.

Except Love Live, he apparently likes that.
>>
>>13691829
Wouldn't Nagano be more George Lucas?

I mean, he's more anal about his own works than Tomino ever was, and if something wasn't to his idea of perfect, he'd scrap it and redo it. Just like the Mortarheads to Gothicmades.
>>
>>13691958

No, because George showed in the OT commentary that the only real reason they used practical effects and stuff in the old movies was because the higher tech wasn't there and they HAD to use miniatures. It was laziness, pure and simple. As he says in RotJ's commentary (paraphrased)

>A lot of people like to say that the CG makes the world less real. But uh, the fact is the world isn't real to begin with. If it's not computer graphics it's puppets, either way what we're looking at is fake stuff dressed up.
>>
>>13691829
>Painful that others do a better job with your concepts than you, the George Lucus of anime?
Nice joke pal, everyone knows that all Gundam shows not made by Tomino are shit.
>>
>>13692055
Then why did Wing and G and MS 08th Team succeed in America while 0079 crashed and burn?
>>
>>13692073
Succesfull =/= good
Or are you going to claim Seed is good?
>>
>>13692055

A lot of ones he made too are as well.

People need to stop putting him on a pedestal as if he wrote fucking Foundation.
>>
>>13689944
No. Not really.
>>
>>13691958
Nagano is your typical artist. Artists are all about radical changes and keeping themselves fresh and new, even if the whole public is against it. If you think he's weird, then you need to look at some others, like Giger and Salvador Dali. Jesus christ those guys make even Nagano look sane.

He's not at all like Lucas because he's not doing it with money in mind. Nagano is the type of person who would rather use money to light a fireplace than actually spend it. You want Japanese George Lucas? Look no further than Anno.
>>
>>13692397
The Japanese George Lucas is Tomino.
>>
>>13692403
That's not how you spell Anno.
>>
>>13692407
>ANT
>>
>>13692410
>A series of compilation movies that pretty much every director has done (i.e. Rahxephon and Escaflowne)
>Worse than 10 fucking years of shitty directionless Rebuilds

Suck it Evafags.
>>
>>13692415
>It's ok if OTHER directors do it!
>>
File: to-laugh.jpg (45 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
to-laugh.jpg
45 KB, 375x375
>>13692420
Show me any other compilation movie series that takes 10+ years to finish. Not even George Lucas took that long for either trilogy.

Anno is pathetic nowadays.
>>
>>13692420
>Every director is George Lucas now!
>Except Anno, because I love the taste of his cock in my mouth
>>
>>13692430
How is that a bad thing? Would it have been better if he just haphazardly slapped a few new jarringly edited scenes into an incoherent edit of the TV series and call it a day? I don't even like Rebuild, but I'm not delusional enough to think ANT isn't way more of a fucking worthless wreck.

But I guess I can expect no less from Zetautists.
>>
>>13689944
Oh boy, do I?!
>>
>>13692087
Never said he didn't make some shit Gundam shows as well, is just that what I said it's true: every show not made by him is shit.
>>
>>13692451
>0080
>shit
I miss when this board wasn't reddit.
>>
>>13692443
>Would it have been better if he just haphazardly slapped a few new jarringly edited scenes into an incoherent edit of the TV series and call it a day?

Yes, that would actually be pretty fantastic. Anno is a genius when it comes to reusing footage and getting the most out of it. No one else could have made the last two episodes of Eva like he did. I'm legitimately impressed with him in that regard.

ANT is a trainwreck, but Tomino has made so many compilation movie series that it's a tiny footnote on a long and illustrious career. Zeta wasn't even close to his masterpiece.

Anno, however, has Eva as his magnum opus. And then he spends the majority of his later life making new movies from scratch for it, and they're all total shit compared to the original. They're not even compilation movies anymore like ANT, they're just shitty cashgrabs.
>>
>>13692455
>everyone who doesn't have my taste is from reddit!
>>
keep derailing /m/. We went from a Bokurano thread to a Gundam thread
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.