[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>hear all about how this guy is a badass >watch original
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 14
>hear all about how this guy is a badass
>watch original trilogy
>all he does in Empire Strikes Back is talk and fire his gun a couple times
>in Return of the Jedi he manages to let a blind guy hit him from behind, causing him to fly into a wall and fall into the death pit

Someone want to enlighten me as to why people like this dude?
>>
>>13689912
He has cool armor and a jet pack.
It's that simple.
>>
>>13689912
because he's looks cool

but that's just /m/ reason in general, stupid i know
>>
>>13689912
EU, also >>13689920
The end.

How was Star Wars?
>>
>>13689912
>why people like this dude?
mostly because of the fanfictions that came after, if there are two things we know from the OT is he has a penchant to blowing up his targets, hence Vader's "no disintegration" line in ESB, while the whole waiting for Han Solo near an asteroid showed that he's smart enough to anticipate Solo's movements.

does any of this counts as him being a badass? personally I don't think so.
>>
>>13689912

He started as being cool-looking and having a cool voice

Then he died. But according to the EU he didn't he totally escaped. And it turned out he was the greatest badass who ever lived.

This didn't stay in the EU. Do you REALLY think Jango Fett was in the prequels for any reason other than the fact that people loved Boba?
>>
>>13689912
His daddy was pretty badass.
>>
File: some fag who gets rekt.jpg (33 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
some fag who gets rekt.jpg
33 KB, 450x300
>>13689912
When people saw him haul Han away and make deals with Vader in Empire Strikes Back, people got hyped. They loved how he looked. They thought "Oh, this Boba Fett mofo must be some serious badass, I bet he's going to have some killer awesome scenes in the next movie!" Toys of him were created and everyone wanted them. Then Return of the Jedi hit theaters, and everyone was completely underwhelmed, like you were. Unable to let the hype die, his character was expanded upon in the EU.

To George Lucas, Boba Fett was never anything more than a background character. It was fan hype/speculation (and toy sales) that turned him into what he is today. Captain Phasma is going down that route now.
>>
>>13689941
>To George Lucas, Boba Fett was never anything more than a background character.
He did admit that he thinks Fett survived due to what the fans did with him after. That and you know, he gave us Jango later.
>>
>>13689951
Who also died underwhelmingly, but at least he got a few cool scenes.
>>
How did he escape anyway?
>>
>>13689960
If I recall correctly he got spitted out by the sarlacc because it couldn't digest his armor.
>>
>>13689951
I imagine George's train of thought in regards to Boba Fett was something like this:

>Why are all the fans talking about this guy?
>Boba who? Oh, that mook with the weird helmet?
>Yeah, he's totally an important character! I, uh, just didn't have enough time to include the amazing sendoff he deserved!
>Keep buying Boba Fett merchandise, guys!
>>
>>13689960

His jetpack wasn't broken, it just false-started from that hit. He flew out.

Also I think he set off a bunch of grenades inside of the sarlacc too.

>>13689941

He's from before Empire, actually. He originated in the holiday special, and was one of the few neat things about that.
>>
>>13689941
>Captain Phasma is going down that route now.
I hope she does survive, then scours the galaxy hunting Fin down out of pure hate with her battered yet still chrome-ish armour
>>
>>13689971
>Yeah, he's totally an important character! I, uh, just didn't have enough time to include the amazing sendoff he deserved!
If that was true he would have kept that scene he thought of adding to the special editions where you see Boba climb out later in the movie, but he decided not to. Also, his thoughts on him are

>"Boba Fett was just another one of the minions, another one of the bounty hunters and bad guys. But, he became such a favorite of everybody's that, for having such a small part, uh he had a very large presence."
>>
>>13689980
there are rumors going around about the Fett movie being difficult to make because Disney wanted to make him look like a badass but still show him as a bad guy that the audience would cheer for while keeping it PG-13
>>
>>13689958
I can't think of a lot of combat death scenes in star wars that aren't kind of underwhelming. The direction tends to prefer very sudden and immediate deaths to anything drawn-out or particularly explosive, mostly reserving that for big things getting destroyed.

There's like Obi-Wan and that's about it.
>>
>>13689974
TR-8R needs to survive and join the hunt for Finn as well.
>>
>>13690036

Pretty sure he got his head blown off
>>
>>13690047
Fuck. I thought he only took one in the chest.
>>
>>13690090
I'm pretty sure he only took a bowcaster shot to the chestand did a 360 flip backwards.
>>
>>13689920
This. He was always my favorite action figure and we had lots of adventures together as a kid. Who cares about what happens in the movies? Also, he did talk back to Vader in Ep5 which gives him the biggest balls in the galaxy.
>>
>>13689958
He got killed by Samuel L Jackson. You can't call that underwhelming.

>>13690194
People still tend to die from those. Hell, look at how much damage the bowcaster did when Han borrowed it those couple times, took out an entire squad with one shot. It even feels like the only reason Kylo even survived the shot he took was because he's a named character who's also a Sith.
>>
Captain Phasma did even less than Boba Fett did and she has a ton of fans.

>>13689922
It's not just /m/ that feels that way, dude.
>>
>>13690194
Wasn't he the first to get hit by an X-Wing laser?
>>
>>13691313
Kylo is not a Sith.
He is a Ren.
>>
>>13689920
>>13689922
This.

Also like >>13689924 said EU. He was pretty bad ass in the EU from what small amount I went into it.
>>
>>13691639
Probably because she's the first female ground soldier we've seen in the movies. Up to this point all Storm Troopers have been male, after all.
>>
>>13691668
Are you implying that if he were a Sith his name would be Kylo Sith?

That's almost as bad as naming a character Thaal Sinestro. Or fucking Savage Opress.
>>
>>13691675
There was another female stormtrooper in the movie.
>>
>>13689980
George is a complete toolbag. He actually thinks that he wrote a timeless "family drama/soap opera" and can't understand why people get so hung up over space ships and blasters.

He has no idea what people could possibly like about Boba Fett, just like he has no idea what they could like about X-wings or anything else.
>>
>>13691678
Different Dark Side orders, different rules.
>>
>>13691668
but then who was stimpy?
>>
So we all agree with George right? That Force Awakens is basically microwaved leftovers?
>>
>>13689941
>It was fan hype/speculation

Ok, this whole blame the fan bases movement is getting bull shit.

directors and artists make movies and artwork in specific ways to lead the viewer to conclusions, you can't blame the fans for being lead to think in specific ways when it's the movie that set the rules and scenes in certain ways.

Phasma was ON STAGE WITH THE MAIN CAST. How does this not indicate importance?
>>
>>13691790
Oh yeah that was the one smart thing the dude has said in years.

I mean I enjoyed it for what it was but it just felt like a more modern reskin of ANH that was there to just get people in with Nostalgia, which, is what it was.
>>
>>13691796
To hype you into buying the action figure, dummy.

>>13691808
Yet asspained retards are calling for his head. The dude's right. He fucked made ANH I think he'd know when he's getting ripped off.
>>
>>13691790
to a degree but I'd rather have a good microwave leftovers over a freshly cooked but awfully prepared meal, like an undercooked chicken filet served with kale and orange gravy
>>
>>13691790
>common sense; the post

Episode VIII will decide if the trilogy is good or not. Whether it will be its own story, or if it will completely rehash.

TFA is designed to draw people in. JJ did that for star trek (for better or worse) now that he did it for star wars he is moving on and a new director will do the next movie to KEEP people there.
>>
>>13691813
>Yet asspained retards are calling for his head. The dude's right. He fucked made ANH I think he'd know when he's getting ripped off.

Most of that is just people's prequel hate (which I do get I mean I'm no advocate for them as a whole even if I think people get too ass blasted over them it's been a decade people get over it) but yeah he has a point on that part at least, they could have went for more originality they just played it safe.

I won't jump down their throats too much yet though if Episode VIII ends up being a copy paste of Empire, then I will but as of now it seems they just wanted to draw people in with this. But if it continues yeah it's even more of a cashgrab than I believed when Disney bought it.
>>
>>13691678
>Are you implying that if he were a Sith his name would be Kylo Sith?
No it would Starkiller or Darth Icky
>>
>>13691785
The Stormtroopers, of course.
>>
>>13691731

Or maybe because to him it was never about the sci-fi. That it was always a fairy tale, the Hero's Journey just set in space, and that people paid attention to the setting more than the story.
>>
>>13691827
>TFA is designed to draw people in. JJ did that for star trek (for better or worse) now that he did it for star wars he is moving on

The problem is Into Darkness wasn't its own thing either, it doubled down on the references and fanservice harder than ever before.
>>
>>13691679

Various stormtroopers (and pilots) are given female voice actors, since it's practically impossible to distinguish otherwise. Given that no shortage of the non-armor wearing junior officers or enlisted women in services that don't wear armor, it's pretty believable. Phasma certainly seems like she's the only Stormtrooper captain who's a woman, though with that armor, she might as well be a ex-stormtrooper mercenary, 'Captain' being a self-appointed title.
>>
File: 423289868.jpg (90 KB, 570x855) Image search: [Google]
423289868.jpg
90 KB, 570x855
>>13689912
He's very over-rated.

He has like 2-3 lines in the whole franchise (original trilogy) and dies like a bitch.
>>
>>13692008
He looks like a self-insert.
>>
>>13691957
>it doubled down on the references and fanservice harder than ever before

Fanservice was not the fatal flaw of STID. It was the nonsensical plot and deliberate disregard for the Star Trek mindset.

I mean bring back Khan if you absolutely must but at least have a coherent story.
>>
>>13692008
even those hot alien chicks look disappointed after seeing boba unmasked
>>
>>13692398
Like a reverse Bane.
>No one cared who I am after I put off the mask
>>
I dont much care for Boba but Mandalorian are super cool and thanks to the EU (personally don't care if its not cannon anymore) they have a strong fan base.
>>
>got an awesome PS2 game
why don't we get good star wars games any more. when was the last good one for consoles?
>>
>>13692515
Rogue Squadron 3

Rogue Squadron NEXT with actual online when
>>
File: bounty-hunter.jpg (46 KB, 353x500) Image search: [Google]
bounty-hunter.jpg
46 KB, 353x500
>>13692515
>remembering Bounty Hunter
that was a fun game, but more recent games, I don't know. I liked those cheesy lego star wars games
>>
>>13692008
That's my dad.

That's everyone's dad.

>>13692398
They're disappointed because Dad doesn't approve of their skimpy outfits.
>>
>>13692515
Lucas Arts canceled a bunch of games because bad management. Imperial Commando, new Jedi Knight, Battlefront III, 1313 and probably even more that I don't remember.

Now Disney fucked up giving exclusivity of the license for consoles and PC games to EA.

Just play the old ones and don't expect anything good so soon.
>>
>>13692496
Curse you, Karen Traviss.
>>
File: EA.jpg (141 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
EA.jpg
141 KB, 1024x1024
>>13692577
>Now Disney fucked up giving exclusivity of the license for consoles and PC games to EA

Fuck
>>
>>13692577
>>13692590
oh, and forgot to say, the contract with EA is for at least 10 years
>>
File: No.jpg (52 KB, 383x263) Image search: [Google]
No.jpg
52 KB, 383x263
>>13692595
>oh, and forgot to say, the contract with EA is for at least 10 years
>at least 10 years
>10 Years
>>
Bobba Fett is even worse than Maul and Grievous. Objectively speaking all he does is keep Luke from getting to his friends for like one minute and then he brings Han to Jabba I guess.

And that female stormtrooper was even worse. She was reduced to being the victim of a DUDE ORIGINAL TRILOGY REFERENCE LMAO joke. Why do they hype these characters so much if they end up amounting to so little? Is it because they look cool and they're going to sell lots of toys anyways?
>>
>>13692605
>Is it because they look cool and they're going to sell lots of toys anyways?
Yeah. That's exactly it.
>>
>>13689912
The big one was that he talked back to Vader. Nobody else besides Obi-Wan ever does that in any of the movies. For Boba Fett to talk back to Vader meant he had to be some kind of amazing badass, especially when ESB is the film that does the most to show off how awesome Vader himself is.
>>
>>13692595
FUCK YOU
>>
>>13692605
Because despite being on-screen for all of 45 seconds he is completely integral to the lore. Even when retconning the EU, he is canonically a complete badass.

You people sound like asses who get offended when I say my favorite mobile suits were literally never animated.
>>
>>13692605
With Captain Phasma, it's because her role in the story is mainly in Episode 8 and 9. They made her appear in what's more or less a cameo in Episode 7 to sell toys.
>>
>>13689912
Merchandising.
>>
File: Spaceballs Merchandising Meme.png (743 KB, 1152x614) Image search: [Google]
Spaceballs Merchandising Meme.png
743 KB, 1152x614
>>13692849
What do you own?
All I have/had are three Star Wars PC games (Rogue Squadron, Force Commander and X-Wing Alliance).
>>
>>13692877

canned air
>>
>>13692595
>contract with EA is for at least 10 years
Bioware is EA right? so there's a chance we MIGHT get KOTOR 3 and a chance that it might be good

oh who am I kidding, fuck everything!
>>
>>13692496
I just want a game where I can make my own Mandalorian (that's not Galaxy)
>>
>>13692877
>alliance
Get the overhaul mod, and X-Wing vs TIE Fighter.
>>
>>13692905
Are you in China?

>http://www.sciencetimes.com/articles/7984/20151222/canadian-company-sells-fresh-air-bottles-china.htm
>>
>>13692912
Any new Bioware game would just be a homosexual simulator.
>>
>>13692845
I hope you're right, because just like Maul, Grievous and Fett I find her design really appealing and badass, but she did jack shit. I was very disappointed. I hope Jew Jew learnt something from Lucas' mistakes and does something with her.
>>
>>13692954
So hot Mandalorian lesbians sensually caressing each other's durasteel armor with a WESTAR-34 in mid-flight?
>>
>>13689912
EU, but now all his story is not valid anymoe
>>
>>13692912

Well, the guy who wrote KotoR 1 and the first 2 ME games does still work at Bioware.

But he's currently writing Andromeda.
>>
>Female stormtroopers
>No QT TIE pilots yet
>>
>>13693092
>that thousand yard stare
She saw the first Death Star get destroyed.
>>
>>13691731

Where has he said that he doesn't understand why people like ships and blasters? You realize the entire reason he made Star Wars in the first place was because he was a fan of cheesy science fantasy like Flash Gordon and wanted to make something in that vein, starships included. And then spent a good while working with Ralph McQuarrie and ILM among others to design starships, weapons, armor and an entire setting that was full of all the stuff he loved. And then did the same for the prequel trilogy including specifically making sure to include really slick looking ships like Padme's because he loved designs like that personally.
>>
>>13693104

I just realized TIE pilots have nothing to put on their hulls equivalent to the Death Star as a mark of pride like Wedge was able to paint two Death Stars on his X-Wing. I know they can put ranks of A, B, X and Y wings along with the occasional frigate, cruiser but it's not quite the same.
>>
>>13692612

Well there was also Tarkin. One other imperial officer tried, but he got choked for his lack of faith so that doesn't really count. He had balls, he just didn't have anything to back them up.
>>
>>13693092
>Female stormtroopers

>one indian female officer
>covered in darkness, can't even see her in full uniform
>>
>>13692993
They promised Phasma will have a much bigger role in VIII.

All they said about her in this (story-wise anyway) was that she was the next Boba Fett. And they were right.
>>
File: ensyaku.gif (82 KB, 750x574) Image search: [Google]
ensyaku.gif
82 KB, 750x574
Can you think of a Bobba Fett-type character done right, /m/?

Keeping it, /m/-related, I like Koenshaku from Giant Robo. He's a silent enforcer who looks cool and has a gimmicky design and abilities, but for once he does his job well and he's not a one-scene wonder, like other rad Giant Robo characters are (I'm aware they come from another Yokoyama mangas, I'm just talking about the OVA). Maybe too well. And he just won't stay fucking dead.
>>
>>13693721

So a silent mysterious bountry hunter kind of guy?

To keep to SW, Calo Nord?
>>
Didn't want to make a new thread /m/, could you reccommend me a couple star wars comics and games?
>>
>>13694547
if you want the older stuff there's actually an 8gb batch of all pre acquisition SW comics, also I just started reading dawn of the jedi, it's pretty good.

as for games, the X-wing series, KOTOR1-2, and the Kyle katarn games, (Dark forces 2, jedi outcast, etc.)
>>
>>13693135
>Wedge was able to paint two Death Stars on his plane
That's so fucking badass...
>>
File: zdKzmFt.png (543 KB, 500x900) Image search: [Google]
zdKzmFt.png
543 KB, 500x900
Can't they bullshit some way for TR-8R to survive? I mean, it's not like it can't be handwaved and if they're smart it'll make them more toy sales.
>>
>>13694573
I read Dark Empire which is one of the most well rated comics, and albeit I found the watercolor art amazing, it felt kinda weird. It had great moments tho

I'm not accostumed to reading comics either, all those random words in bold or italics all the time kinda ruin my immersion.
>>
>>13694547
go to the /co/ general and it has links to canon and non canon comics and books
>>
File: flight_lieutenant_ada.jpg (2 MB, 1929x2728) Image search: [Google]
flight_lieutenant_ada.jpg
2 MB, 1929x2728
>>13693092

There needs to be more material of Imperial QTIEpilots doing QTIEpilot things, like collecting plastic models and getting badass scars from closets.
>>
>>13694584
since they went through the effort to give him a name and back story. Why not. Not-Vader survived a shot to the chest too and he survived. plus TR-8R was on the field with other storm troopers, a medic could have been around and saved him.
>>
File: Sheev's last laugh.jpg (34 KB, 494x358) Image search: [Google]
Sheev's last laugh.jpg
34 KB, 494x358
>>13696133
>a medic could have been around and saved him
>gets cyber-replacements
>becomes the first canon dark trooper
>gets black custom strormtrooper armor
>>
He looks cool and had a sweet cowboy voice before ol' George decided he should sound like a bored New Zealander instead.
>>
File: 1450663448346.webm (1 MB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
1450663448346.webm
1 MB, 720x304
>>13691313
>Hell, look at how much damage the bowcaster did when Han borrowed it those couple times

looks like he shoots a video game explosive barrel
Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.