[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>boring predictable plot, re-used from 00/Wing/X >everyone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7
>boring predictable plot, re-used from 00/Wing/X
>everyone loves it
>G-reco/Thunderbolt tried something different and new with far better animation and plot
>everyone hates it
>>
>>13687763
>tl;dr /m/ has shit taste
Nothing new to see here people, move on
>>
File: wtf am I reading.jpg (228 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
wtf am I reading.jpg
228 KB, 750x750
>>13687763
>>
>>13687763

>Thunderbolt

>something new

>more fucking Feds and Zeeks, except now it's in a shoal zone and the war lasts slightly longer. You excited?

No.
>>
>>13687763
>boring predictable plot,
Yes.
>re-used from 00/Wing/X
No.
>everyone loves it
On bizarro /m/.
>Thunderbolt tried something different
HOW?
>>
>>13687763

> G-Reco tried something different and new

What? G-Reco was basically Turn-A in a bright and colorful skin. It didn't really do anything new at all.
>>
Have you ever seen the single female lawyer episode of futurama?
>>
>>13687790

It created the most elitist clique of stuck-up assholes that you'll ever speak to, so I guess it pipped Turn A on that score.
>>
>>13687796
>inb4 Found the retard.
>>
>>13687763
>Everyone
>/m/

I'd like to know when everyone came to a consensuses, and OP wasn't just baiting with hyperbole.
>>
>Wing
A group of terrorists with advanced mobile suits launch guerrilla warfare against the oppressive Earth Alliance controlled by the secret society OZ.
>00
A group of revolutionaries play the part of terrorists and make themselves a common enemy to every country on earth in order to provoke global unification to spur humanity forward out of the era of nation-states.
>X
A group of scavengers fight to protect newtypes from being used as weapons of war and to prevent people in power from igniting a catastrophic war for selfish reasons.
>Tekketsu
A group of abused orphan soldiers stage a coup against their former owners and establish a mercenary company that is like a surrogate family for former slaves.

What about this plot is reused from the previous three?
"Child soldier in a Gundam"? Because that's literally every Gundam ever, except for G-Saviour.
>>
>>13687808
Everyone in the Gundam fandom, outside of /m/ as well
>>
>>13687818
Similar archetypes in two characters = exact same plot.

Duh.
>>
>>13687763
Actually, I liked Thunderbolt...the fuck are you at?
>>
>>13687818
>every Gundam ever
G Gundam and 08th MS team say hi.
>>
>>13687763
>Blunderbolt
>Good.

G-Reco was okay but needed 50 episodes.
>>
>>13687796
>>13687805
Found the retard.
>>
File: 1353389511241.gif (114 KB, 162x119) Image search: [Google]
1353389511241.gif
114 KB, 162x119
>>13687763
>everyone hates Thunderbolt
>>
>>13687763
>everyone loves it
what world are you living in
>>
>>13687763
>/m/
>loves IBO
leled
>>
>>13687763
>everyone loves it
>>
>>13687763
I enjoyed G Reco and IBO.
>>
>>13688088
Those shows being complete opposite only means that you'd blindly eat anything with the Gundam brand.
>>
File: 1447093389183.jpg (52 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1447093389183.jpg
52 KB, 500x667
>Thunderbolt
>tries something different
>>
>>13688156

Hey Jesus, what's up man? Having a happy Hanukkah?
>>
>>13688124
>people aren't allowed to enjoy various things, they must always watch only the same thing over and over
Holy shit, you must have a miserable life with this idiotic rule.

IBO and G-reco are both shit, though.
>>
>>13687818
>Earth Alliance controlled by the secret society OZ
>Earth Economic Blocs controlled by Gjallarhorn

That's the only real similarity I can draw between Wing and IBO's plot to be honest.

>>13687848
Both 08th and G had child characters in prominent roles, often fighting.

>>13688124
No, it means he can enjoy two different shows regardless of the brand for the show itself. Blindly hating one show because it's not like another show is what retards do.
>>
>>13688249

>That's the only real similarity I can draw between Wing and IBO's plot to be honest.

Not plot but Mika seems like a much less insane Heero.

Muh Orga's orders = Muh missions
>>
>>13687763
>boring predictable plot, re-used from 00/Wing/X
So you didn't even read a synopsis of the plot. Incredible.

But then, you're probably one of those retards who says "00S2 is basically just Zeta Gundam".
>>
>>13688329
And you also have the muh missions and muh Veda's orders in 00
>>
>>13687763
Well, you clearly don't like IBO. Are you acknowledging yourself as a nobody?
>>
>>13688246
Nah, G-Reco is great.
>>
>>13688363
setsuna didnt care much about veda that was more flamingo meister who lifted veda upon onto a deity pedestal
>>
>>13688363
Véda is a fucking super computer that can generate accurate predictions and strategies with little to no faults. why the fuck wouldn't you follow it's orders?
>>
>>13687763
But thunderbolt is good. It's just that faggot Black whatever shitting up the threads.
>>
>>13688772
Orga is a fucking super Aniki that can generate unpredictable situations and thrilling strategies with little to no faults. why the fuck wouldn't you follow his orders?
>>
>>13687763
Wait, everyone likes Tekketsu now? What happened to the endless weeks of everyone on /m/ complaining about it?
>>
>>13688894
>everyone likes Tekketsu now
Read the thread
>>
>>13688894
/m/ doesn't like anything.
>>
>>13688894
Are you actually paying attention? People are shitposting how much they like it now because of the kiss. They don't care about plot. Just shipping.
>>
>boring predictable plot
This is what will happen in IOB
Teiwaz is going to betray Tekkadan in the Colony
Kudelia will be betrayed by Fumitan
Mika will kill Fumitan and Kudelia will hate him for a while
They arrive on earth and engage in battle with Galahorn, the Loli will probably die in an attack from Tekkadan

Teiwaz wifes will all be murdered by Tekkadan
Tekkadan will suffer losses
Atra will be captured by Galahorn, later killed by them
Mika will end up like Kamille, Brain fucked by the Alaya-Vijnana System
Orga will end up with an eye-patch and missing a hand.
Tekkadan disbands and Kudelia achieves he goals and hires the remaining of Tekkadan as her body guards.

Screen shot this, and prove me wrong if it doesn't happen /m/
>>
>>13689455
Sounds way too interesting and won't fit in 40 episodes at the current pace of IBO.
>>
File: 1434173923197.jpg (180 KB, 930x673) Image search: [Google]
1434173923197.jpg
180 KB, 930x673
>Not liking Thunderbolt

Is this a shitty meme or something?

IBO is alright, definitely one of the better Gundams to come out in the past few years. Berserk's brother's death felt kind of forced though, wasn't a fan of that.
>>
File: Gjjalhorn survival guide.png (222 KB, 610x470) Image search: [Google]
Gjjalhorn survival guide.png
222 KB, 610x470
i don't even know the main theme of this gundam

was it adult VS children?
>>
>>13689945
>IBO is alright, definitely one of the better Gundams to come out in the past few years.
Found the newshit
>>
>>13689945
We've had 5 series since 2010 not counting OVA.

BF>IBO
IBO>Try
G-Reco>IBO
IBO>=AGE

Being 3rd or 4th isn't a big accomplishment.
>>
>>13687763
>G-reco
>A Turn-A and Victory gundam rehash
>Original

u wot?
>>
>>13687818
>controlled by the secret society OZ.

OZ was just it's own independent military force, it wasn't a secret society. The Romefeller Foundation was the secret society.
>>
>>13689970
That's most gundams though
>>
>>13689976
Nice shitpost

>>13689990
>G-Reco>IBO
??
>BF>IBO
I was never a fan of gunpla so I couldn't really get into BF. I much prefer "real" battles than gunpla tournaments. I guess that's a personal preference though.

>IBO>=AGE
To be honest, I thought AGE was awful, I still watched it every week, but it managed to fall into bad cliches and the circlejerk martian hate was pretty annoying after 3 arcs.
>>
>>13687763
>re-used from 00/Wing/X

That doesn't even make any sense. You can argue that 00 and Wing had vaguely similar lots and similar beginnings, but X was nothing like them, and IBO isn't like any of them so far.
>>
>>13690023
Doesn't matter if you like gunpla or not. BF had better character development, better MS and better battles than IBO. Even just measuring both by their first 13 episodes

AGE had a shitty plot that went off the rails but it had some decent characters, some amazing MS and a few amazing battles with some pretty damn good animation, choreography and music. IBO is a mech show with shitty fights, terrible animation and I can't even remember any of the music tracks. It has nothing memorable about it
>>
>>13690041
>AGE had a shitty plot that went off the rails

AGE's problem (Aside from the last arc and pacing issues) was that it was practically glued to the rails. It took no risks with the plot and ended up being dull and predictable because of it.
>>
>>13689455
>Atra will be captured by Galahorn, later killed by them

The directory already said that Atra is going to live though.
>>
>>13690048
I thought age's problem was that it took way too long on arc 1, killing arc 2's potential and then turned Kio into Kira, killing any remaining interest
>>
>>13690070
>Aside from the last arc and pacing issues
>>
>>13690048
I'd agree on Gens 1 and possibly 2 but 3 fucked up because it turned and twisted the plot while rushing through shit and trying to do other shit super late like bitch that used her boyfriend's name. She was introduced way too late just to show the Federation wasn't as good as they had been portrayed over the series. At that point there was basically zero reason to dislike the Federation.
>>
>>13690087
Gen 1 was alright and Gen 2 was pretty good.

But gen 3 was quite a clusterfuck, in lack of a better term.
>>
>>13690106

Every gen was bad, because every gen suffered from the same problem: they were so strapped for time that if you weren't the main character or a Super Pilloto then you weren't getting character development or screentime.
>>
>>13689945
>IBO is alright, definitely one of the better Gundams to come out in the past few years
In the bizarro dimension only.
>>
>>13687851
>tfw I like Thunderbolt but am responsible for the Blunderbolt meme.

This was the first time I used it:
https://desustorage.org/m/thread/13421811/#q13437596

I'm gla to see it taking off, and I hope creates a new wave of ebin shitposts
>>
>>13689990
BF >>> IBO
IBO > Try
G-Reco >>> IBO
IBO >=< AGE

FTFY
>>
>>13690087
>just to show the Federation wasn't as good as they had been portrayed over the series
Wasn't that some shitty vegan plot all along actually?
>>
File: 54280719_p0.png (216 KB, 400x679) Image search: [Google]
54280719_p0.png
216 KB, 400x679
>>13689970
The theme is "family".

Jesus Christ, do they really need to be more obvious?
>>
>>13687763
>G-reco/Thunderbolt tried something different and new with far better animation and plot
>everyone hates it

Your statistics are illusory. You can't claim everyone hates G-Reco just because you just don't know people that like it. G-Reco is the best Gundam show since Turn A.
>>
>>13687763
From what I've seen /m/ shits on both.
>>
>>13691661
>You can't claim everyone hates G-Reco just because you just don't know people that like it.
And you can't claim G-Reco is the best just because you happen to like it. That was the one and only Gundam I've ever dropped. I even made it through Wing and Destiny, but Reco was abysmal to me. That's just my opinion of it, of course. You don't have to agree with me, but you should understand that telling someone else that their opinion is false while stating that your opinion is true is just stupid.
>>
>>13691712
>That was the one and only Gundam I've ever dropped.
Found the retard
>>
>>13691712
>you should understand that telling someone else that their opinion is false while stating that your opinion is true is just stupid.

Except 'everyone hates it' is not his opinion but rather him speaking for everybody.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.