[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled, who is the better character?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 450x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 450x350
Now that the dust has settled, who is the better character?
>>
Clawshrimpy summoning thread?

Hold on, let me light the VF signal...
>>
>>13684556

Bender, who is clearly the same archetype, just handled with more subtlety and humor.
>>
>>13684556
What the fuck do these two have in common?
>>
Mamoru was pretty annoying for most of the show, needed less him and even more Guy
>>
>>13684577

Autismin a guy who speaks about them.It's Clawshrimpy.He once said that Mamoru is Chirico done right as part of an argument.Yes, he actually meant it.
>>
>>13684577
Found the newfag
>>
>>13684577
Both of the shows they come from share one important staff member. That's it. Takahashi gonna Takahashi.
>>
File: getaloadofthisguy.jpg (44 KB, 776x602) Image search: [Google]
getaloadofthisguy.jpg
44 KB, 776x602
>>13684577
>>
>>13684577

I think Takahashi had to do with both of them
>>
File: cyborgguy.jpg (44 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
cyborgguy.jpg
44 KB, 250x250
>>13684581
Hell yeah, Guy was awesome.
It would have been cool to see Guy do more hand-to-hand combat, like when he has a duel with Pizza.
>>
>>13685730
Will Knife is such a cheesily cool name.
>>
>>13684556
Why is it that I always see certain phrases attached to autism threads?
>Now that the dust has settled
I've seen it so much that it's lost all meaning when I read it.
>>
>>13684581
Least annoying obligatory little kid I've seen in a show in a while actually. Didn't actually do much besides be a plot device and only angsted about being adopted for like two episodes.
>>
>>13684581
>>13685879
if i had to hear one more fucking waha-
>then his father also does it
fuc-
>Guy also waha'ed in an ep.
FUCK

at first i found it cute (reminds me of klonoa), but then it got old fast
>>
File: yuuta.jpg (34 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
yuuta.jpg
34 KB, 480x360
>>13685879
Yuuta from J-Decker was a lot better. He was very independent, kinda the opposite of the cliche tagalong little kid.
I'm also 13 episodes into Exkaiser, and Kouta seems pretty cool as well.
>>
>>13685735
Cheesily cool enough to kinda reappear later in Huntik season 2 (as Willblade). Though I wonder if creators of that show actually knew GGG, although it was already released in English at that point, AFAIK it was never released in Italy, and Huntik is partially Italian show. (It also had a titan called Gareon, who doesn't look like a lion at all...)
>>
>>13685950
So how are the three chucklefucks in Goldran? I'm sort of hesistant on watching that show.
>>
>>13686250
They are dumb as shit and spend lots of time trolling the villain
>>
>>13685879
>Least annoying obligatory little kid
While I'm usually not too fond of Tomino, I think I actually have to give that title to King Gainer.
>>
>>13686273

That was my first thought too. Ana is a great little kid character in King Gainer, as is Chill in Xabungle.
>>
>>13684556
I dunno, but Kamina was an abusive piece of shit
>>
>>13686331
Yeah he was pretty toxic.
>>
File: bravekids.jpg (87 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
bravekids.jpg
87 KB, 500x400
>>13685950
Most of the brave "tag-along kids" I found to be a lot more appealing and tolerable than Mamoru desu. Something about Mamoru's characterization is just really flat by comparison.
>>
>>13684577
Takahashi and old memes
>>
>>13685942
>>
>>13686400
Most of those aren't tag-alongs, they're the main character. Of course the main character is going to be more developed.
>>
>>13685735

Will Knife is literally the "I'm going to lose" weapon.

Every time he pulls that thing out, he starts jobbing to some degree.
>>
>>13685738

Because /v/
>>
>>13686315

>little girl with a sub machine gun and bazooka

Sasuga Tomino
>>
>>13684590
Takahashi was just a fucking producer on GGG though, I have no idea why Shrimpy thinks he exerted that much control over the direction of the series. GGG is a Yonetani show through and through, anyone with even the most basic experience of his work and Takahashi's could see that.
>>
>>13686263
It should be noted the villain is easily the best part of Goldran.
>>
>>13688673
Given that, they sure restrained Yonetani from inserting too much suffering until the OVAs, compared to Brigadoon.

>>13686400
>kids
>Katori
I'm pretty sure having Kenta in his place would make a little more sense, even if Katori is simple-minded regarding some subjects.

>>13688700
That's pretty encouraging.
>>
>>13684581
>even more Guy

Please no.
GGG and Final fucking felated the fuck out of him way too much for me to like him.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.