[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Logistics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 11
File: PiQCgwv.jpg (30 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
PiQCgwv.jpg
30 KB, 640x480
Any mecha that is good at paying attention to the logistics of operating a force of giant robots, from feeding the pilots to fuelling the engines to replacing worn-out parts and keeping them supplied with ammo?
>>
>>13681784
Dai Guard but not for those parts.
>>
>>13681784
Dougram, sometimes.

It also has a bad propensity to treat killing blows to the main mech as blows that take its arm off, and subsequent killing blows as an excuse for J. Locke to show up and completely brutalize everything on the battlefield, and it has a flatbed truck they get in like Episode 15 turn out to be completely fucking invincible, but hey, it still does some logistics.
>>
Patlabor. That show's as grounded as /m/ can get.

The live-action sequel goes even further since it is set in a later time where the mecha are obsolete and the whole unit is basically a white elephant. They are shown to be severely understaffed and under budget. On the meta side, you can tell that they went with this setting to reduce their real-life production-budget.
>>
>>
>>13681855
That one episode with absolute zero mecha action that is just the crew trying to get their lunch food then shenanigans ensue is by far my favorite.
Hell, it might be one of my favorite episodes in all of mecha.
>>
File: J. Locke - total badass.jpg (37 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
J. Locke - total badass.jpg
37 KB, 640x480
Guess people already mentioned most of them. Recent series which dealt with logistics were Majestic Prince, especially with the pit crews (even though it was a more character-driven dynamic) and all the spare parts and budget restraints from Argevollen

>>13681805
>badmouthing J. Locke
>>
>>13681784
Muv-Luv talks about it some in the side materials both on a micro (TSFs needing to refuel and rearm in the field and the Americans being much better equipped to keep their fighters supplied with ammo than everyone else) and a macro (the Suez and the Mediterranean being absolutely vital to preserve shipping between America/Europe and Asia) scale, but in the actual stories themselves it don't seem to come up that much.
>>
I would watch a mecha show that was completely about the logistics/supply corps.
>>
File: trider_g7_temp_.jpg (68 KB, 500x438) Image search: [Google]
trider_g7_temp_.jpg
68 KB, 500x438
Trider G7 talks about logistics alot. The butler complains all the time about how many missles he uses and how it will bankrupt the company.
>>
>>13682376
Same.
>>
>Watch Kanpai Senshi After V
>Expected budget Akibaranger
>Turns out it is all about the difficulties in running a Super Sentai and an evil organisation and also the complex relationship between the two.
>>
>>13681784
Well, BattleTech kinda drags you around by the throat in the name of logistics if you play with those rules.
>>
>>13682386
>The butler complains all the time about how many missles he uses and how it will bankrupt the company.
Man, I can hardly wait for Luurah to tackle this show, even if it means he has to finish all of his current projects first.
>>
Xabungle. Walker Machines, Landships, and other vehicles all always need gas, there's always a need for ammo, and there's always a need for food. Trading is of the essence, and the traders, the Transporters, have to carefully manage what they have to keep their reputations afloat and to protect their businesses and lives.

>>13681805
It got totaled eventually and replaced with another, that one without a gun. Honestly it always seemed to me the Fang of the Sun just managed to protect their truck. Considering how they wound up fighting against the Garcia platoon it wouldn't be surprising.,

>>13682669
Lame Dougram offshoot pls.
>>
File: d7639af4666690d9.jpg (19 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
d7639af4666690d9.jpg
19 KB, 320x240
>>13682690
It's alot of fun. Great theme song. And great finisher attack. Some of the battles are repetitive but it's not that bad. Lots of easter eggs from gundam and daitarn, lit's of hI'd den haros. Trider knock-off episode is best.
>>
>>13682702
>Lots of easter eggs from gundam and daitarn
Makes sense, since the writer Hoshiyama worked on those in a smaller capacity.
>Some of the battles are repetitive but it's not that bad.
I heard that it's a giant robot SOL anyway, so I'm okay with this.
>>
Gargantia is basically this, but the series is a survival one so i guess it doesn't count

on the other hand, IBO is pure logistics
>>
File: 2adam_steiner.jpg (54 KB, 256x632) Image search: [Google]
2adam_steiner.jpg
54 KB, 256x632
>>13682691
>Lame Dougram offshoot pls.
INFORMATION IS AMMUNITION
>>
>>13682669
Post 3rd Succession War Era Battletech makes you wonder why people would fucking risk Battlemechs in combat in the first place.
>>
File: Baby cuddler.jpg (24 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Baby cuddler.jpg
24 KB, 640x480
>>13682718
I don't see what relevance this has, nor do I even understand what it's meant to be.
>>
>>13682006
I'm not, and personally found him showing up every time the group got in trouble and beating the shit out of everything to be sort of funny by the time the show ended. But it still is a thing.

>>13682691
>It got totaled eventually and replaced with another, that one without a gun.

In the mid 10s or early 20s, then that one survives all the way to the surrender.

>it always seemed to me the Fang of the Sun just managed to protect their truck.

It takes a LOT of fire over the series, especially since the Fang of the Sun keep using it for cover, but it never dies.
>>
>>13682163
>muvshitters continuing to claim their waifu simulator is some kind of hard military sci fi
>>
File: SV2_Weeding_is_srs_bsns.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
SV2_Weeding_is_srs_bsns.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>13681855
>>
File: SV2_Maintenance_is_srs_bsns.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
SV2_Maintenance_is_srs_bsns.webm
2 MB, 640x360
>>13685232
>>
>>13681855
>Patlabor. That show's as grounded as /m/ can get.
VOTOMS is arguably more grounded, as Scopedog doesn't really have the same super robot design.
>>
>>13685567
Logistics don't play as big a part in VOTOMs, though. Chirico spends a lot of time making mechs out of scrap parts and stuff, but there's not as much emphasis on the mechanics as there was in Patlabor.
>>
>>13685661
Repairing them, more like.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.