[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Here at /m/, we often talk at length about the pedantic topic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1240922629457.gif (388 KB, 255x191) Image search: [Google]
1240922629457.gif
388 KB, 255x191
Here at /m/, we often talk at length about the pedantic topic of how a giant robot could realistically be made. I don't want one to be made. It could never match my imagination.

And so I ask, what is the most unrealistic thing that has ever been done in a mecha show, and how can we make mecha shows even more unrealistic?
>>
It's a lot harder to define "unrealistic" than "realistic".

You can just throw out every single rule and just have a plot of random events, is this less realistic?
>>
>>13681376
This. I mean, what's unrealistic? Merging all realities together into a single one with a big bomb? Throwing galaxies around as weapons? Cutting through the Solar System's planets with a huge axe?

Hell, there's even been cases of giant robots playing with their inherent fictional nature. I'd like to see one reject its fictional status and burst from the animation cell/screen and into reality as a natural progression of the plot.
>>
>>13681376
I wouldn't say so. Having the impossible happen in an at least semi-coherent fashion is more unrealistic than it happening at random, in my opinion. I really enjoy shows like Gunbuster for something like that. There's a show that tries its hardest to make absolute nonsense sound vaguely plausible and place it inside the context of the story unfolding.
>>
>>13681397
>I'd like to see one reject its fictional status and burst from the animation cell/screen and into reality as a natural progression of the plot.

With the animation being laid against live-action like it's Roger Rabbit?
>>
>>13681369
>what is the most unrealistic thing that has ever been done in a mecha show
Code Geass: Lelouch falls in love with Shirley.
>>
>>13681410
Yep.
>>
>>13681422
That actually makes a lot of sense. (Probably) the most unrealistic thing a mecha can do is exist and function in a world where mecha can't exist. Like ours.

what would the Demonbane coming from such a universe be like? Every universe does have one, after all
>>
>>13681414
>Code Geass: Lelouch falls in love with Shirley.

If that counts, then Haman falling in love with anyone other than Char does.
>>
>>13681452
A golf cart with a gun
>>
>>13681488
with a chinese driver
>>
>character falls
>mc catches character with the HARD METAL HANDS of his robot
>character is completely unharmed
>>
Getter Robo is pretty unrealistic, with the way its gattai/transformation is basically morphing.
>>
>>13681630
>mc catches character with the HARD METAL HANDS of his robot

Whether it's hard metal or not doesn't matter, what matters is that you match the speed.

Characters getting their falls broken by giant robot hands is no more or less stupid than people going at terminal velocity hitting water and sinking instead of bouncing right the fuck off the surface.
>>
The part in Gunbuster where the Buster Missiles cause the enemy to get erased by a paint program.
>>
>>13681732
Yeah, it's not terribly unrealistic and it happens all the fucking time in our animu anyway

What I want to know is if the Hong Kong translations of the Demonbane novels were correct and if EGD really did snap a universe in half with its infinite girth
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.