[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do I start with Patlabor? Seems that much like Getter Robo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Patlabor.jpg (240 KB, 1600x1103) Image search: [Google]
Patlabor.jpg
240 KB, 1600x1103
Where do I start with Patlabor? Seems that much like Getter Robo this is a serie full of alternate continuities.
>>
>>13680925
Watch the OVA or the TV series or both. The continuity differences are negligible.

Wow, that was hard.
>>
Wikipedia lists the works under the tv-series and movie continuities. There's also the manga continuity.
>>
Probably best to start with the Early Days OVA. It is something like the prototype to subsequent works and is quite rough around the edges
>>
>>13680925
>Seems that much like Getter Robo this is a serie full of alternate continuities.

There's two.

I swear to fuck, how did society crumple to a point where people can't even watch a cartoon without a guide.
>>
>>13681008
You seem like a smart anon, can you tell me how to watch Gun X Sword? I just don't know where to begin.
>>
>>13680925
1st OVA-Films-Live Action
TV Series-2nd OVA
Minipato
Manga

Done.
>>
>>13681434
After they do that, I need them to explain to me how to watch Cyber City Odeo. It's labyrinthine.
>>
Don't bother with the OVA timeline, TV series is much better. Maybe watch the 1st movie
>>
>>13681451
I disagree. One thing I felt after I finished watching Patlabor was that I wanted more of it.
>>
>>13681434
Start with the Sword manga, continue to the Gun OVA, and then see the GunXSword compilation movies, which are an alternate-universe take on the TV version (up until the time travel plot, which connects it to the SwordxGun manga)
>>
How do I watch Expelled from Paradise?
>>
WHERE'S TNGPAT SUBS
>>
>>13681441
>Manga
isn't it still in untranslated state aside of few first volumes?
>>
>>13682191
Yes, but it's still a separate continuity.

Also OP might be French or Italian speaking in which case he's golden.
>>
>>13682250
>Also OP might be French or Italian speaking in which case he's golden.
It has a french translation? Sweet. I can speak that.
>>
>>13682549
Don't get too excited over the French edition, Kabuto only got to 18 volumes before their head company disbanded.
>>
>>13682175

China
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.