[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I the the only one who was disappointed that they actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4605x6330) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4605x6330
Am I the the only one who was disappointed that they actually put in Ayy lmaos and not just left them as a hypothetical thing?
>>
>>13680034

> Am I the only one who...?

It doesn't matter what the question is, the answer is always no. I disagree, but there's plenty who do share the sentiment here and elsewhere.
>>
No. The series was building up to their arrival, and for the most part they were handled really well (actual aliens, not humans in rubber suits speaking English).

While it's not perfect (I would have liked a bit more Quanta action), I think it achieved what it set out to do and provided a satisfying conclusion worthy of the show.

It's just a shame Sunrise hasn't explored the concept further in their newer series.
>>
The Celestial Being movie was better than the 00 movie.
>>
>>13680034
I think having aliens in the movie is fine, the movie has other issues.
>>
If anything, people would be disappointed if aliens weren't in the movie since they were talking about them in S1 and S2.
>>
I liked the story of the movie and how the aliens were actually aliens, but it really wasn't worth animating considering the action scenes were just the gundams firing beams at metallic blobs
Should have left this as a manga and made a movie of the prequel comic instead imo
>>
>>13680034
It was kinda the logical conclusion
>>
File: OP Phelps.jpg (16 KB, 181x203) Image search: [Google]
OP Phelps.jpg
16 KB, 181x203
>>13680101
>>13680802
>>13680826
>>13680841
>>13680890
/m/ once again proves that OP is both wrong and a complete faggot.
>>
>>13680802
>>13680101
This
>>
the els itself wasn't necessarily the species eolia had in mind with the "first contact/ dialogs that are to come" idea.
He pictured a more mature, highly conscious humanity meeting another species as its equal and in harmony. the whole battle with the else was really a huge misunderstanding between species, and setsuna stepped in with the QanT to bond that and set things righr. the els weren't trying to wipe out life and all, it was following its own ideas. it wasn't till setsuna explained humanity to it that it realized it's mistake, which was the flower skit.
>>
>>13680826
The series would have actually been worse off if the ELS weren't in the movie because if they're not there, we don't see why Aeolia's plan was necessary in the first place, making the entire conflict of the show completely meaningless.

On the other hand, the conflict would have also been meaningless had the aliens not been legitimate threats and had instead just been like the hippy Asari from Mass Effect or some shit. Personally, I was hoping that Aeolia had accidentally gotten a vision from the Warp and peered into the 40k universe where he was so terrified at what he saw that he wanted a united humanity so that humanity would be racist against everything else, but unfortunately, Japan always preaches UNDERSTANDING. Which is strange considering how Japan has a reputation for being a little xenophobic themselves.
>>
Ayy lmaos the least of the movies problems
>>
File: 538.jpg (40 KB, 399x500) Image search: [Google]
538.jpg
40 KB, 399x500
the biggest disappointment of the movie is the hg raphael gundam's shitty inarticulate backpack
>>
>>13680034
The aliens were the cheapest, most cop-out plot devices in the history of ever. The entire plot is
>they don't UNDERSTAND!
>PEW PEW PEW
>UNDERSTANDING!
and any and every complaint about the utterly illogical way the aliens are handled gets swept under the rug via
>but they're TOTALLY ALIEN.

I don't regret watching it, but only because it contained Celestial Being: The Movie. All else was garbage.
>>
Is this even worth watching? I like 00 but after the ball dropping that was S2 I don't know if I can take ayys.

Is Allelujah at least a competent pilot in this? Because Kyrios and Arios were my favorite gundams and he fucking sucks dick piloting unless Hallelujah intervenes.
>>
>>13681694
>Is Allelujah at least a competent pilot in this?

There's a nice scene of Super Pilot Allelujah, and as with every other scene with him in that state, he absolutely fucking annihilates things. It's only dampened by the fact that him killing tens of thousands of ELS really does nothing to stop the hundreds of billions large swarm.
>>
>>13681694
Hallelujah shows up to evil laugh for a few seconds and kill shit. On the bright side, the Harute is even cooler than his previous Gundams.
>>
>>13681731
He also shows up to show the action all Gundam shows have been missing this entire time - people on foot trying to run away from out of control alien possessed trucks.
>>
>>13681694
If you kept up with (and wanted) to see the story taken to it's logical conclusion, then yes. Otherwise skip it.
>>
>>13680034
It's a shit movie. The parody was great though.
>>
I enjoyed the movie well enough.

Zabanya best girl.
>>
>>13681280
>in the grimdark future of 41,000 AD there is only war
>10 foot tall Exias fighting Orks
>Setsuna is the God Emperor
>Ribbons is a Daemon Prince
>>
>>13681737
Stephen King was pleased.
>>
After all the talk about "dialogues to come", everyone sure as hell seemed surprised when aliens showed up. That's the only major thing that bugged me, I get it's been some time and it's a separate movie so you have to build some tension and everything, but it felt very separated from the actual build-up.

The ELS were alright though, basically Festum-lite without much personality, but fulfilled their purpose.
>>
>>13680034
the joke movie in a movie at the start is better than all of 00
>>
what kind of name is aeolia
>>
>>13681709
the difference in fighting strength was estimated at 10,000 to 1.
>>
>>13682098
the dialogues analogy was kept between celestial being and the innovades.
also it's said several times that they weren't expecting alien contact so soon in history.
>>
>>13682127
garlic mayo
>>
>>13682127

It's a girls name. Latin American apparently. Means daughter of Amythaon. It's not a particularly popular name, but it's there. It's also the name of some islands.
>>
File: what did u say m8.png (2 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
what did u say m8.png
2 MB, 1366x768
>>13682946
>>
>>13680034
I preferred the Aliens we got to them remaining hypothetical.

It was about time the Gundam franchise went there and it tied in with the whole UNDERSTANDING point.

I'm quite happy with what we got and dont understand the "shark jumping" so many like to throw out.
>>
>>13683406
How is it not jumping the shark. The whole franchise and even 00 itself in the good 1st season was about how humanity is complex and things aren't so simple as "just stop fighting lol" and all the sides have their own point of view and morality isn't so clear cut and actual war isn't cartoonish good vs evil and all sorts of overt and implied dilemnas and how it was kind of fucked up that celestial being was enforcing it's will on the world even though they thought they were straight up saviors. Then all of this complexity and depth and actual problems and questions being raised is just thrown out the window entirely. Don't worry humans, magic hive mind aliens will now hybridize you all into the borg collective and force you to UNDERSTAND lol world peace overnight thank me later :) -signed setsuna f ayylmao

It was a complete mockery and copout to get a happy ending
>>
It was no shitter than 00 in general
>>
>>13683448
I disagree completely

The aliens werent as complex as the political interactions from the first season, but it still worked to hammer (if not a little too hard) the point they were moving to since the beginning.

Maybe the pace of them being introduced was too fast for them to just be a movie threat, but otherwise I wouldn't say any "sharks" were jumped. They were a fine addition to the series and not sure what you mean by "copout" for a movie threat. Enemies you literally cannot reason/communicate with were new for gundam and they served their purpose just fine.
>>
>>13685496
00 was never complex
>>
>>13685649
>Gundam has never been complex

Fixed that for you
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.