[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are we witnessing the Gundam Unicorn of the franchise ?!!?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 5
File: un awk.jpg (624 KB, 1591x3225) Image search: [Google]
un awk.jpg
624 KB, 1591x3225
>>
>>13680032

Are we witnessing people desperately grope to link two things that have no real similarities just because of how they feel about them?
>>
the only things they have in common are being a desperate attempt to re-ignite interest in a dying franchise
>>
>>13680060
And they both worked.
>>
>>13680060

What's desperate about it? Disney knew Stars Wars movies printed money every time they were put out and wanted in on that action while they knew Lucas wanted out of it, so they bought it and made those new films to print money like they were basically guaranteed to do regardless of who bought them or made them. Even after two utterly dreck films in the prequel trilogy Revenge still managed to pull in nearly a billion dollars and make about 7 times it's budget in profit from box office returns alone.

Star Wars might go relatively quiet once the films go out of the cinema, but quiet for Star Wars is still great business by almost anyone else's measure and the franchise was, before Disney acquired it still putting out a new season of a cartoon for about 7 years (which Lucas was personally bankrolling the budget was so high), still had a very active EU in terms of books and comics and was still putting out games, toys and so on frequently, often to good sales and returns.

There was nothing desperate or dying about Star Wars or this movie and pretending otherwise is just letting your own personal feelings about the acquisition or film color your perception.
>>
>>13680032
An shitty fanfiction hyped by idiots?
Why, yes we are.
>>
>>13680088
A*
>>
>>13680088
Fuck off, George.
>>
>>13680088
>An shitty
>hyped by idiots?

Oh, the irony.
>>
>>13680094
Even the prequels done by that hack are better than JarJar's shitty fanfiction movie

>>13680095
See >>13680093
>>
>>13680060
>highest opening weekend ever
>dying franchise

yah faggot.
>>
>>13680094

Lucas specifically picked Disney to sell the franchise to. He literally rang them up personally and asked if they wanted it because of certain people there he trusted to handle it properly in his stead. Once the deal was done he asked if they wanted his advice or ideas and when they said they wanted to do their own thing he said he understood since it was a perfectly valid stance to take with a new acquisition and went off to his massive personal estate to retire in peace because he's done with Star Wars. He has absolutely no reason to be jealous or annoyed about anything Disney have done.
>>
>>13680105

>fanfiction

Are you just disappointed Lucas didn't return to kill Star Wars outright like he did Indiana Jones?

Motherfucker didn't even direct two of preceding six films that were actually good, people seem to forget, and he let Disney take the franchise from him.
>>
>>13680117
He's been putting overtime into forcing the TFADF meme.
>>
>>13680117
>Are you just disappointed Lucas didn't return to kill Star Wars outright like he did Indiana Jones?
No, I am disappointed that a fanboy like JarJar just recycled A New Hope, added his shitty characters that look like out of a fanfiction (Mary Sue included), then called it a day.
>>
>>13680032
No because TFA has a coherent plot and doesn't destroy the canon of what came before it
>>
>>13680134
>meme
Oh but they're very real

>>13680141
If that's so why did Disney said nothing in the EU is canon anymore? Hell, it even contradicts RoJ's ending.
>>
>>13680135

Yeah, I can argue about the nature of recycled plots until my face turns blue, but I would much rather have a retread with its down distinctive little additions than anything prequel-tier, which is what we would have gotten if George got off his ass and made another, sorry to disappoint you.
>>
>>13680141
Neither did Unicorn
>>
>>13680145
The next post better be Black_Knight storming in and preaching the gospel of Zeta ANT.
>>
>>13680145
>Hell, it even contradicts RoJ's ending.

How?

What, did you think that everything to do with the Empire died over Endor?
>>
>>13680152
Even the prequels had better substance that this piece of shit, and they certaintly didn't look a fanfiction.

>How?
By basically regressing everything back to ANH status quo.
>>
>>13680117

> like he did Indiana Jones?

Lucas had barely anything to do with Crystal Skull and certainly wasn't responsible for it being bad. He wrote the basic story and nothing more. He didn't even pen the script and certainly didn't cast or direct it.

> he let Disney take the franchise from him

He specifically sold it to them when he was no longer interested in working on it and wanted to retire. He didn't let them do anything, because it was all willing on his part.
>>
>>13680145
You alreay said you refuse to watch the film.
>>
>>13680165
Prequels were shit baka
>>
>>13680240
I refuse to -pay- to watch it. Two different things.

>>13680282
This is movie is even shittier.
>>
>>13680293
No. You said you didn't watch it and refuse to. Too late to change the story.
>>
>>13680293
You must be 18 or older to browse 4chan.
>>
>>13680293

> This movie is shit and I know because I've read lots of reviews that agree with me
> So I can conclusively say it's shit despite never actually seeing it
> But it's okay, despite it being shit, I'll watch it when I don't have to pay to do so because I just can't help but watch it despite it apparently being shit

These definitely sound the like thoughts of a rational person.
>>
I knew some idiot would eventually make the comparison.
>>
File: 1445264287305.jpg (73 KB, 960x607) Image search: [Google]
1445264287305.jpg
73 KB, 960x607
>>13680060
>Unicorn is the best selling OVA of all times
>TFA has the highest opening weekend
>>
>>13680304
>No. You said you didn't watch it and refuse to. Too late to change the story.
Nice try Disney shill, but I didn't even said it on this thread. I said I refuse to waste my money on that trash, not that I won't watch it. Try harder next time.

>>13680307
Gee, then why is TFA defense force here? They aren't allowed to post!

>>13680314
No dipshit, it's as simple as seeing reviews that say it's shit, not paying to watch it because of that, then read reviews with spoilers just so I criticize it myself. When it comes out for free then I'll watch it, otherwise I'm not wasting my money on that shitty fanfiction.
>>
>>13680343
>No dipshit, it's as simple as seeing reviews that say it's shit, not paying to watch it because of that, then read reviews with spoilers just so I criticize it myself. When it comes out for free then I'll watch it, otherwise I'm not wasting my money on that shitty fanfiction.
You just paraphrased him paraphrasing you, with both paraphrases being completely correct.
>>
>>13680338

> Unicorn is the best selling OVA of all time

Really? That's kind of surprising, even as someone who likes it.

>>13680343

> reading reviews with spoilers just so I can criticize it myself

That doesn't give you grounds to criticize it though, because all you're dong is parroting someone else's thoughts and feelings on the matter not forming your own.

Where are these reviews calling it shit by the way? I haven't read any reviews of it since I don't care about movie reviews, but I'm interested in which ones you read out of sheer curiosity. Especially given that, on a quick Google, it has high ratings on both Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic, so most professional reviews (and most amateur ones on those sites) appear to like it.
>>
>>13680349
Yeah, except parts like

>I've read lots of reviews that agree with me
>So I can conclusively say it's shit despite never actually seeing it
>I just can't help but watch it despite it apparently being shit

Which are completely wrong. Feel free to re-read my post:
>it's as simple as seeing reviews that say it's shit, not paying to watch it because of that, then read reviews with spoilers just so I criticize it myself. When it comes out for free then I'll watch it, otherwise I'm not wasting my money on that shitty fanfiction.
>>
>>13680358
Those say the exact same fucking thing, you gigantic fucktard.
>>
>>13680358

You haven't actually seen it and are refusing to pay to do so until you can do so for free and want to watch it despite it being shitty fanfiction according to reviews that you trust because you apparently like watching shitty fanfiction.

So at least two of those points are completely correct from your point of view.
>>
>>13680354
>That doesn't give you grounds to criticize it though, because all you're dong is parroting someone else's thoughts and feelings on the matter not forming your own.
It does, because I formed my opinion based on what lots of normal people said about the movie, instead of being a blind fanboy or a Disney shill that can't accept that it's shitty fanfiction is bad.

>Where are these reviews calling it shit by the way?
>I haven't read any reviews of it since I don't care about movie reviews
There's your answer.
Also go back to reddit if you think I'm going to spoonfeed you.
>>
>>13680368

> I formed my own opinion
> by reading the opinions of people who I trust

That doesn't constitute forming your own opinion.

> There's your answer

That's not an answer, that's just dodging the question. It's not even spoonfeeding since I can quite easily find reviews in general by Googling and have stated as much. I want to know what reviews YOU specifically are reading, which I cannot find out except by asking you.
>>
The Autism Awakens.
>>
>criticizing stuff without seeing it

Am I in a Gundam ZZ thread?
>>
>>13680368
Who are "normal people"? What are their qualifications in normality. I expect you'll say not beibg professional reviewers make them normal people, but haven't amateur reviews been largely positive? I'm sure there are negative reviews, but every damn thing ever has negative reviews. Just look at classic novels on Good Reads.

And again, if you know the movie is shit, why are you so set on seeing it once you can do so without spending the money you don't have?
>>
>>13680376
It's like I'm in a 2009 Strike Witches thread or something.
>>
>>13680376

That or a Clawshrimpy one perhaps. That reminds me, I must get around to making a Black_Knight bingo card at some point. I'd make a snapfit-kun one too, but there's only three possible squares (G-Reco is a masterpiece, every other Gundam sucks and shitty gunpla pics).
>>
>>13680385
But Clawshrimpy at least watched the things he bitched about, even if he somehow managed to misinterpret everything that happens in them by a staggering degree.
>>
>>13680376
>he didn't skip ZZ

It's shit, anon. I know because I read bad reviews.
>>
>>13680388

He watched some of the stuff he bitched about, but was infamous for simply reading reviews of many of them and posting based on those reviews. Which is why he got details wrong about those shows so often. Even then, he'd often only watch a couple of episodes of something, decide he hated it because it didn't fall in line within his extremely narrow view of what a good show should be (as similar as possible to GGG basically) and then just read summaries for the remaining episodes because he thought it was no different to watching the episodes.
>>
>>13680392

Having watched all of it anon, I can actually tell you it's REALLY shit.
Some jokester anon I will get someday told me it would get better in the middle.
I kept waiting and waiting and it was over before it got better.
>>
As forced as the comparison is, they are both revivals that pander to nostalgia and are carried by the weight of their name and good production values. There are no compliments to be given about the writing for Unicorn or the Force Awakens.

The characterization, plot, and even surprisingly even the setting of TFA is really weak. Think about how goddamn little we actually know about the Republic and the First Order other than the latter being the bad guys for sure because they are the ones with the storm troopers, and the other side by default being the good guys by right not not having a planet destroying superweapon that we know of. These are explicitly not the same organizations as the original trilogy, and yet we are told nothing about them and we are supposed to just coast on inertia because everything looks like a shiney version of last time. Shit, for all we know the First Order only has that one Star Destroyer.
>>
>>13680362
No it doesn't. Learn to read please.

>>13680364
>want to watch it despite it being shitty fanfiction
>apparently like watching shitty fanfiction.

Well, don't you guys at the TFADF say I can't judge it because I haven't watched it? Well, there's your reason. I doubt I'll change my mind but it'll be useful for those times when you'll say
>hurr durr you haven't watched it

>according to reviews that you trust
Again wrong, it's according to reviews made by normal people.

>>13680380
>Who are "normal people"? What are their qualifications in normality.
People who watched the movie, and by analyzing it point by point, they realize it's shit.
Or to make it easier, people who are not Disney shills or blind fanboys.

>why are you so set on seeing it once you can do so without spending the money you don't have?
Read what I said in this post. Also you're implying I don't watch the movie because I can't, which is wrong, because I said I'm not wasting my money, not that I don't have any money to watch it.
>>
>>13680404

It getting more serious and better around the half way point is the common view actually, so if you're going to punish anon for that you'll have to hurt a lot of anons.
>>
>>13680376
>wasting your money on a shit movie

Am I in reddit?
>>
>>13680417
>being poor

I bet you don't even import gundam blu-rays from japan
>>
>>13680415

Nah I'm a good Christian so I'd just scold him/them.
He said better, getting Tomino-esque after being fucking City Hunter with mobile suits isn't a solution.
>>
>>13680374
>That doesn't constitute forming your own opinion.
Yes it does, no matter how much you deny it.

>I can quite easily find reviews in general by Googling and have stated as much
Then why won't you do so?
You just want me to spoonfeed you.
>>
>>13680419
I like to spend my money on good things rather than shitty fanfictions.
>>
You ever notice the shitty threads always involve Gundam somehow?
>>
>>13680423
>Yes it does

Let's say you have never kissed a woman, and a guy you know says that kisses are gross because he kissed a chinese girl with onion breath and that was his experience.

Can you claim to have an experience on kisses because of that?
>>
>>13680413
And, in detail, what are the points they made?
>>
>>13680435
>Let's say you have never kissed a woman
So the average member of the TFA defense force?
>>
>>13680436
Points like

>1. Learn to google
>2. I won't spoofeed you
>3. Go back to reddit

and things like that.
>>
>>13680439
And now it's just unabashed ad hominem.
>>
>>13680410

> they are both revivals

No, they're not. Neither are really, since both franchises were going strong and continuously telling stories within those universes for years before that point. Unicorn was only a few years after the MS IGLOO stuff and there were numerous books, games and so on in the UC prior to that point too. The breaks between Unicorn and IGLOO were no bigger than between any other UC OVAs. The only revival Star Wars has ever really had was when the EU really took off before the prequel trilogy of films, at which point there'd been nothing for about a decade a thing from Lucas directly.

Star Wars was a change in direction, not a revival. While Unicorn was simply a continuation.

>>13680413

> you guys say I can't judge it because I haven't watched it? Well there's your reason

If you're so convinced it's shit that you think only shills could defend it, then why do you care what we think in the first place? Why not just do something better with your time?

> it's according to reviews made by normal people

Which are still reviews you trust. And again, I want to see a few of those, because I'm sure there's plenty of "normal" people making positive reviews. I want to know what ones you're reading that are so vehemently against the film and what basis they're making it on. Maybe they'll change my views on the film too.
>>
>>13680448
So the average TFADF argument?
>>
>>13680447
>implying expecting you to argue your own points witg your own words is "spoonfeeding"
I don't care what they think. I care what you think about what they think, beyond "It's shit because they say it's shit."
>>
>>13680449
>Why not just do something better with your time?
I do, you seem to forget I'm not part of the TFA defense force.

>Which are still reviews you trust.
No, just reviews made by people with common sense.
>>
File: nB05LYt.jpg (214 KB, 568x1280) Image search: [Google]
nB05LYt.jpg
214 KB, 568x1280
>this entire thread

I EXPECT A YEAR'S WORTH OF MILEAGE FROM THIS ONE.
>>
>>13680454

>I do

You've spent nearly two fucking hours arguing about a film you hate and don't want to see except now you do because you don't want to spend money on it, and you have the audacity to say that?

Answer his question, fuckwit.

>If you're so convinced it's shit that you think only shills could defend it, then why do you care what we think in the first place? Why not just do something better with your time?
>>
>>13680453
We're going in circles, because you still expect me to spoonfeed you, and I won't.
If you want to know why the movie is bad, learn to google then read a review not made by a Disney shill or a blind fanboy.
>>
>>13680453

Why are you seriously responding to this dipshit when it's abundantly clear he won't say anything beyond variations of 'typical TFADF retort', 'lrn 2 google', 'shitty fanfiction' and 'I'm not spoonfeeding'?
>>
>>13680454

> you seem to forget I'm nto part of the TFA defense force

And yet you're here arguing about it and have probably spent nearly as long reading reviews as people spent watching the films if you had to read several ones involved enough to go over it's negatives in any depth point by point like you say you have. Which balances out to much the same thing.

> No just reviews made by people with common sense

If you're agreeing with their assessment of the film and the points they made, it means you trust them. At least in so far as their opinion on the film. Which is all that we're discussing. And I want to read a couple of those reviews for my own posterity. Not negative reviews in general, which I can find from a simple Google, but the specific ones you read to see how convincing they are.
>>
>>13680449

The vast majority of people who go to watch Star Wars in theaters don't even know the expanded universe exists, much less watch the star wars cartoons. Disney understands that the ONLY Star Wars that matters is the film franchise. It doesn't matter if the clone wars cartoons steals all of the awards away from HBO if the last time Star Wars was on the silver screen was the prequels which everyone knows sucked. They might have paid money to see it, but they still talk shit about them years after.

TFA is Star Wars trying to wash the taste of the prequels out of everyone's mouth, and setting up for a new wave of movies that are going to be shoved down our throat MCU style. Because movies are the only thing that matters to the long term survival of the property. Everything else is just merchandising and advertisement.
>>
>>13680462
I DON'T CARE ABOUT THEIR FUCKING OPINIONS.

I WANT TO KNOW THE NITTY GRITTY DETAILS OF YOUR GOD DAMN OPINION THAT YOU INSIST YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO HAVE AND THAT WE SHOULD BE ENLIGHTENED BY. I AM LITERALLY GIVING YOU EXACTLY WHAT YOU'RE ASKING FOR.

Caps.
Lock.
>>
>>13680473
At least the MCU has mastered the art of popcorn entertainment. I still can't figure out how they haven't fucked up yet beyond the meh start of Agents of SHIELD.
>>
>>13680472

LEARN TO GOOGLE YOU FAGGOT DISNEY SHILL, STOP EXPECTING ME TO SPOON-FEED YOU

There, I beat him to it.
>>
I wish I was paid to have opinions

I also wish that my kike heritage granted me a pouch of gold and control over western media
>>
>>13680473

It's still not a revival, because it's been on tv with years for a start, which has a lot of pull with the mainstream audiences and because there's really no larger a gap between the new films than the old ones really. Meaning that it's just a continuation of the film franchise, especially given they're keeping the prequels canon even if they're not going to play a huge part in the new trilogy. Which they couldn't anyway, given the time gap in universe. And which they'd want to, because shocking as this is to some, the prequels actually have a lot of fans and got many people in to Star Wars in the first place and not the original films.
>>
>>13680460
>don't want to see
Wrong again, I've stated again and again that I'm won't waste my money on it.

>and you have the audacity to say that?
It's not a bad thing to admit you're not part of the TFADF.

>>13680471
Well you need to learn to speak like a retard if you want to argue with retards.

>>13680472
>If you're agreeing with their assessment of the film and the points they made
It's not that, is just seeing them raising valid criticizm and saying "wow, these guys don't sound like the other retards that praise the movie"

>>13680474
Wow you sound so triggered. Why don't you go back to tumblr if you want to be spoonfed so badly?

>>13680481
YOU'RE JUST A RETARD, WHY WON'T YOU LIKE THIS MOVIE IT'S PERFECT GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU'RE JUST BAITING

There, here's a typical TFADF response.

>>13680486
>I wish I was paid to have opinions
You don't, you get paid to covertly advertise a shitty fanfiction.
>>
Donald Trump pls go and stay go.
>>
>>13680479

Right? Its honestly sort of baffling that while they have had some only kinda good movies, they have gotten this far without actually making a bad one.

Maybe Hollywood has always been able to avoid making shitty movies, it just usually didn't give a fuck because there was no long term incentive to avoid shitting where you eat?
>>
>>13680493

Answer the question, you filthy dodger.

>If you're so convinced it's shit that you think only shills could defend it, then why do you care what we think in the first place?
>>
>>13680493
>all those responses
>not a single actual rebuttal in all of it
>>
>>13680498
Maybe they'll fuck up Civil War.
>>
>>13680493
Ok, let me just Google "anon's specific opinion" so that you don't have you spoon feed it to me.
>>
>>13680498

They avoid risks alltogether, but by doing this, they're also all extremely mediocre and I say this after having watched them all.
The only 2 I can say I enjoyed were GotG because it was a comedy and didn't even try to be serious and Ant-Man because it felt more like a heist movie than capeshit.

But the Avengers movies have no redeeming qualities and the direction is sub-par AT BEST, and it couldn't be anything else since they have a goddamn TV director on board, a guy who tought shooting a blockbuster with a TV serial aspect ratio was a good idea.
>>
>>13680135
Jew Jew actually didn't create the characters. They were present in the script before he rewrote it, according to the previous writer.

The original script had a lot more Luke who was supposed to have mentored Rey throughout the film. She probably would have been less of a Mary Sue if this was the case.
>>
>>13680527
>an educated opinion
I like you, anon.
>>
>>13680516
Ant Man was ok but it felt way too much like what Iron Man 1 was to the MCU.

Personally I put Winter Soldier up at the top, it's a very solid bit of post 9/11 conspiracy-paranoia thriller whose only real mistake was making HYDRA look way more interesting than the comic book villains they'd return to being after the events of that film.

Oh and making ScarJo look like an old hag.
>>
>>13680533
I mean, I certainly have a lot of complaints about both the movie and Abrams and such, but I am at least aware about the script changes and saw what the previous writer said about his in an interview.
>>
>>13680145
>If that's so why did Disney said nothing in the EU is canon anymore?

a) because they can as owners of the franchise
b) because 90% of EU is complete shit
c) because there was basically no room left for anyone to do their own thing without contradicting it

Screen canon is the only canon that matters or has ever mattered.
>>
>>13680573
>Screen canon is the only canon that matters or has ever mattered.
>Hell, it even contradicts RoJ's ending.
>>
>>13680581
>contradicts RoJ's ending
>death star II is destroyed
>emperor is dead
>vader is dead
>rebels win
this is how RoTJ ended

TFA
>The rebels still won the war
>the emperor is still dead
>vader is still dead
>the empire still lost the war
>both death star is still destroyed

how does this contradict RoTJ?
>>
>>13680581

> It contradicts Return because I don't like what it did

Not liking something doesn't mean it contradicts it.
>>
>random jegan instead of kobe byalrant
traitor
>>
>>13680635
random Jegan is more grunt-ish than a Byarlant custom
>>
>>13680655
Random Jegan is not an audience favorite
>>
Phasma is nowhere as cool as Marida
>>
>>13680060
You forgot "which succeeded"
>>
File: 1450562944444.jpg (2 MB, 537x9654) Image search: [Google]
1450562944444.jpg
2 MB, 537x9654
It's a shame how the Tonfa Trooper scene was supposed to be Phasma fighting Finn.
>>
>>13680032
Nah, Gundam Unicorn was good.

>>13680060
Jesus Christ, how butthurt can you be? Just because you don't like SEED, SEED Destiny, or 00 doesn't mean that Gundam as a franchise was dying. It's not like the state Turn A put it in.
>>
>>13680617
It's contradictory in that the Empire didn't just disappear at the end of RotJ, yet they just vanished between RotJ and TFA apparently.
>>
>>13682433
This timeline is retarded.

Battlefront isn't set at the same time as TFA. The Emperor, Darth Vader, and Boba Fett are all alive there. They really didn't think it through, did they?
>>
>>13682468

They 'vanished' because Imperial failure at Jakku led to them signing peace accords which involved them being subsumed into the New Republic, and the battle took place a year after Endor. So yeah, they've been doing nothing for 29 years because the Empire effectively doesn't exist.
>>
>>13682500
Why would they do that? Why would a fucking huge empire agree to dissolve and be absorbed by a small organization?
>>
>>13682502

I imagine being leaderless and militarily beaten had something to do with it.
>>
>>13682514
>militarily beaten
Yeah the entire Galactic Empire was concentrated on and around Endor. Sure thing.
>>
>>13682502
Look what happened to Germany after the WW2.
>>
>>13682518
Germany's capital, like much of the rest of it, was completely fucking destroyed. I didn't see the Rebels landing troops on Coruscant, not even in the special editions.
>>
>>13682517
They lost a flagship, a Death Star, and I forget what else but losing Vader and the Emperor is a massive morale break too.

After Endor the most I could see the Empire doing is one last desperation stand, and that apparently is what Jakku was. And losing at Jakku must've finally broke the Empire to the point they just gave up and sued for peace or however that shit works.
>>
>>13682517

Hey, bucko, it's how they chose to handle it, not me. Everything considered canonical between the end of Endor and the start of TFA basically trumpets the idea that the Empire lost totally after Endor and all that remained were diehard holdouts.

And seeing how Jakku was such a disaster that they ended up losing several Star Destroyers, an SSD among them, I think it's fair to say that it was a reasonable moment to throw in the towel.
>>
>>13682529
not to mention losing whatever political hold they had on the worlds under they control
>>
>>13682545
The sheer amount of shit slapping that went down at Endor made the Empire look so flaccid that they just couldn't keep the act up.
>>
>>13680497

No. The Unstumpable One loves gundam.
>>
>>13682636
Well now I'm definitely not voting for him.
>>
>>13682636
He loves democracy too.

You know who else loves democracy? Sheev.
>>
>>13682517
>Yeah the entire Galactic Empire was concentrated on and around Endor. Sure thing.

I find it highly plausible that Palpatine made no arrangements for the empire after his death beyond the possibility of his apprentice seizing the throne. That's exactly how Sith operate.

So in absence of a unified succession plan and with the senate dissolved as of ANH it doesn't seem odd at all to me that they were beaten rather quickly afterward.

Beyond the First Order there's not a whole lot of evidence of the Empire shattering into hundreds of independent planetary governments, military juntas. and other competing successor states but it's what I would expect to happen. The Galactic Empire that lost at Jakku can be expected to just be the most powerful/politically legitimate (effectively the one that held Coruscant) of these rather than a fully unified entity.

After the surrender large portions of the military desert rather than submit.

By Star Wars standards it's not that unrealistic.
>>
>>13682685
>I find it highly plausible that Palpatine made no arrangements for the empire after his death beyond the possibility of his apprentice seizing the throne

Funny enough in the Shattered Empire comics he did exactly that, almost immidiately after they lost endor he sent out a message to select officert to basically enact a scorched earth policy on several core worlds including naboo, but was stopped by the rebels, including Poe's parents
>>
At least Kylo hasn't been revealed to be the Charrest clone of all Chars by being a literal vessel for half of Darth Vader's soul after an acid trip.

That being said Unicorn had a great OST and was much better than TFA.
>>
>>13680354
I mean it's not too surprising. Hype was built through LN and preview Gunpla releases. It also covers a post CCA period that's still "Early UC". Gunota were probably dying to see what that must've been like.
>>
>>13685128
Full Frontal is the best Char clone though.
He's a meme, all the good parts of Char that Zeeks see but none of the awful mental problems. As in, none of Char's personal agenda, Frontal is just a vessel for who Zeon wants to lead them

Psychoframe soul shit is novel only
>>
>>13685444
Full Frontal doesn't have much Quattro in him, though. I felt like FF was superficially Char in mannerism but beyond that glib surface he was an unfeeling monster.

TFA, on the other hand, I feel made their Vader clone a little less one dimensional. Kylo is whiny as hell but the moment when he killed Han I feel was a great moment, but I didn't like it was as moving as that moment in Unicorn where Marida calls Zinnerman father ;_;.

I also didn't like the way Rey was handled. A lot of the explaining of how she was able to do things was left to the side materials, although Banana is just as bad in Unicorn.

I think another aspect that Unicorn and TFA is similar is they upped the space magic bullshit plenty. Kylo's 'let's stop bullets in midair and read everyone's minds and paralyse everyone', Rey's instantaneous jedi mind trick and Bangher's 'RAINBOW CRYSTALS EVERYWHERE acid trip' was a great departure from the Star Wars old trilogy and a far cry from 0079.
>>
>>13685640

> Kylo's 'let's stop bullets in midair and read everyone's minds and paralyse everyone', Rey's instantaneous jedi mind trick and Bangher's 'RAINBOW CRYSTALS EVERYWHERE acid trip' was a great departure from the Star Wars old trilogy and a far cry from 0079.

Vader reads Luke's mind during their battle in Return of the Jedi. He even explicitly refers to it as such, saying that Luke's thoughts betray him. It's how he learns that Leia is Luke's sister. He can't even see Luke at the time and is at least a few meters from him and not even concentrating hard in any visible way since he's just walking around and mocking like he has been all along. He did it easily. Ren has to concentrate a lot harder to do it. I'm pretty sure he tries to do the same thing to Leia during the torture scene in A New Hope as well, but she has enough mental fortitude and training to withstand it.

He also absorbs blaster energy like it's nothing in Empire, showing that the Force can and always has been able to affect plasma and other forms of energy, so getting bent out of shape because Ren can affect it in a slightly different way is just being a pedantic nerd because the new stuff had the audacity to do stuff the old one didn't. It's not even stronger as an objective Force power, just different.

Did he freeze multiple people? I don't even recall that if he did. So what though? Vader was throwing shit around at Luke in Bespin like it was child's play, so using the Force to grab and hold multiple people shouldn't be a problem either. Again, not even new, just different uses of the old stuff.
>>
>>13685640
>I felt like FF was superficially Char in mannerism but beyond that glib surface he was an unfeeling monster.
That's the point. He's a meme, a collective idea, not anything of substance
>>
Gundam Unicorn is actually good, while on the other hand The Force Awakens is the worst film of the Star Wars franchise.
>>
>>13686618
>Gundam Unicorn is actually good,
Welp, I know when to stop reading trash.
>>
>>13687348
It's true. all of it.
Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.