[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
[sage-H-S-/m/subs] Gyrozetter batch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 12
Well it's a bit late for Christmas but still...

Full series batch of Chousoku Henkei Gyrozetter.

https://msubsreleases.wordpress.com/2015/12/28/sage-h-s-msubs-gyrozetter-1-51-batch/
>>
File: 1363822489616.jpg (44 KB, 334x333) Image search: [Google]
1363822489616.jpg
44 KB, 334x333
>>13679498
Yes. YES!
>>
Can't thank you enough for giving Gyrozetter the love it needed. It's been a long time coming, but you pulled it off when the other subbers couldn't make the distance. Not to give you pressure or anything (since it's still the holidays), but what are you planning to do now? Sasword being back might encourage Chirlind to do finishing touches on the Goldran scripts, if they're not done already.
>>
>>13679516
No clue what Sasword's up to, he pretty much dumps the links on the IRC channel and runs.
As for me, I have the Ultraman Ginga S film to work on, the first ep of the Lensman TV series to check and possibly some Dragonar...
>>
>>13679530
>Dragonar
Yes please. You're the only one who has countered the sub-ninjas with success.
>>
It's been a great ride, thank you! Party time!
>>
If you want to know how great this show can be, but feel uneasy about starting a 51 episode series - watch some of the best ten minutes of it. Naturally, has a few spoilers (it's from episode 30).

https://u.pomf.io/fgtnar.mp4
>>
>>13679541
That'll depend on her motivation and whatever Gorge/Gunlock are doing.
>>
File: chargemangyro.png (340 KB, 996x745) Image search: [Google]
chargemangyro.png
340 KB, 996x745
>>13679564
i don't do anything because i'm a lazy bum
i should probably do something as a belated christmas gift
>>
>>13679541
If by success you mean it's a show I can only tolerate to work on after a drink or so and release maybe 2 eps a year.
>>
>>13679498
>Full series batch of Chousoku Henkei Gyrozetter.
cool
>>
>>13679604
At that point, you might need a back-up plan. It doesn't seem like you have much else beyond Ginga S' film, the Layzner blu-rays and Raideen.
>>
All this time seeing posts on this and now that it's totally finished I can start. Feels good, thank you all so much.
>>
Thanks a bunch guys. Happy new year
>>
And in some corner of the internet, a sub ninja is found hanged for his failure.
>>
>>13679705

you mean sudokud
>>
>Gyrozetter's finished

Depressingly awesome. Thank you so much for finishing it.
>>
I haven't watched beyond about episode 8 or so of the show but I just want to drop in and say thanks for doing it, for what little that's worth, since it's always nice to see people do this for free and worth acknowledging even if I'm unlikely to finish the show myself.

>>13679561

Okay, that's pretty damn cool - what episode was that out of interest? I'll have to grab the batch just to see what happens next.

I'm actually kind of shocked more people don't make big webms like that of some cool moments from a show to try and sell others on it. Maybe we should start a thread doing exactly that at some point?

>>13679604

Do you just not like Dragonar? Or is it just hard to sub? I thought it was pretty well liked by all accounts.
>>
>>13680566
It's both really, it just comes across as rather generic to me and the speaking style is often a pain to decipher.
>>
>>13680582
It's a shame that Gunlord doesn't really have anyone else to work on that one with. Any chances of working on something you'd find fun like Gyrozetter? Stuff like Galatt (even if Nanto wants first dibs on that), Daiohja and Goshogun would be nice. If not, at least finishing up Raideen would be fair.
>>
>>13679530

LAYZNER BLU RAYS WHEN?!
>>
>>13680566
>Okay, that's pretty damn cool - what episode was that out of interest? I'll have to grab the batch just to see what happens next.

That's episode 30, so you're looking forward to 31.
>>
Thanks!
>>
File: Gyrozetter Combo.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Gyrozetter Combo.webm
3 MB, 640x360
http://www.mediafire.com/download/sad616a3jqr7wgq/Gyrozetter.zip
Thanks for all of your hard work on this. In honor of the series finally being fully subbed, have a zipped folder of about 350 images and some WebMs.
>>
File: A depressingly cool dance.gif (1 MB, 221x221) Image search: [Google]
A depressingly cool dance.gif
1 MB, 221x221
>It's over
Thank you so much to everyone who picked it up after it was up in the air, I didn't think it would actually get finished, the show is great fun.
>>
>>13680775
They're on the list too.
>>
Good job on that.

Did anyone play the 3DS game? Is it good?
>>
File: 1443731121389.jpg (998 KB, 850x1254) Image search: [Google]
1443731121389.jpg
998 KB, 850x1254
>>13682017
That'll be worth looking forward to, since most of the work is done already (therefore being a relatively quicker project).
>>
Going to be depressingly great finally finishing Gyrozetter. Thank you for saving it.
>>
>>13682032
Most being a relative term here. 1-8 will need almost a total re-do, 8 especially since the ancient script we ended up with wasn't timed.
>>
>>13682047
Yeah, I knew about the old Lupin Gang releases (which left out the previews for no good reason aside maybe "they're in the OP anyway"). As long as they don't take years to do, at least, but I'm sure you'll have more legroom to make sure of it.
>>
>>13682027
I was planning on picking it up since it's only about $18. It looks a bit like some of the turn based Medabot games from the gameplay but pretty simplistic as well. A translation would be cool since I think it took place during the series when they went to the future, but I'm not holding my breath in the slightest.
>>
>>13682027
I've bought it, but haven't had the chance to actually play it yet. People said it's pretty fun and the story's nice, even if nothing special.
>>
>>13679498
Thank you!
>>
File: 38607222_big_p0-5.png (3 MB, 5760x2160) Image search: [Google]
38607222_big_p0-5.png
3 MB, 5760x2160
>>
>>13682027
>>13682688
I enjoyed playing through the game a little while ago when Ironhax was released.

On foot you walk around, you're prompted where you need to go so you don't need much Japanese to advance.

The overworld has you driving your Gyrozetter from point A to point B. You can switch between robot and car mode. In car mode you gain exp points for driving. Different classes of cars handle differently; there's sport, sedan, wagon, and eco. You can drift on the highway to get a point multiplier. Hitting anything makes you lose your multiplier. You must drive a certain number of miles as a car to upgrade that car's signature move in battle.

Enemies appear on the map. If they catch you in car mode they get a free turn, which is why you turn into a robot.

You have three party members and all of them have their own cars. You switch between them on the highway to make sure all of them get exp.

In battle, you have a basic six element system of weaknesses, your Gyrozetter has four moves (one of them being a signature move you can't change). As your car levels up you can replace older moves with new ones. Some moves require Gear 2 or Gear 3. Shifting gears takes a turn, attacking returns your Gear back to 1. All cars also have a Final Burst that you can use when your special gauge is full. Final Bursts deal about 10x the damage of normal attacks and more or less obliterate the enemy when you use one. Stat boosting and status effects are very helpful since they work on bosses.

You can also capture enemy units and switch to them similar to Dragon Warrior Monsters. Enemy units outclass your starting cars fast so you will want to do this pretty often. You can capture one unit per battle and you don't get any exp from the battle if you do so.

There's over 150 different cars to use, some licensed and some originals.
>>
>>13679705
>>13679541
What is a sub ninja?
>>
>>13693775
Is managing your skills and such perfectly doable without any knowledge of Japanese? It seems like some of the endgame stuff would get a bit difficult without that.
>>
>>13694367
An old /m/ joke. So many projects were dropped over the years there was an old gag about a gang of ninjas murdering translation groups.
>>
>>13694367
>>13695030
Also, it was started by AXSUS (a fansub group, to boot), who eventually brought it up in their updates when one staffer went missing.
>>
what the fuck did I just watch
>>
>>13695004
Most of the elements/skills/menus have symbols or icons so you don't need much/any Japanese to navigate them, I think.
The game itself isn't very difficult so even if you miss things you can probably push through it.
>>
>>13696677
Thanks a bunch, it's cheap enough to pick it up, same with some of those Medarot games on the 3DS. One last question, what was your total playtime if you can guess?
>>
>>13696805
30 hours, doing some but not all of the sidequests and getting around 1/3 of the vehicle encyclopedia finished.

I said earlier that you have to capture cars often but later in the game you get a few from events and after that you don't have to hunt as much anymore since most of the event cars are good. This helped trim the game length, if you keep trying to fill the encyclopedia it could be several hours longer.

Also some vehicles like Raibird and other cars from the anime are given out by doing postgame quests.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.