[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best masked pilot thread? AKA: Char thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
File: 1444089712554.jpg (66 KB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
1444089712554.jpg
66 KB, 848x480
Best masked pilot thread?
AKA: Char thread
>>
File: RXpincL.png (845 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
RXpincL.png
845 KB, 1280x720
>>13679396
Char's not bad but he's far from the best Anon.
The best masked pilot is me when I play Armored Core 4 or 4 Answer.
>>
>>13679401
>Armored Core 4
Is this a good game to get into the series? Or should I start earlier?
Ive been thirsting for a good mech game for years but never got around to trying Armored Core.
>>
File: Rider 4.jpg (204 KB, 805x1209) Image search: [Google]
Rider 4.jpg
204 KB, 805x1209
Kamen Pilot
>>
File: y = sqrt(r^2 - x^2).jpg (46 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
y = sqrt(r^2 - x^2).jpg
46 KB, 500x375
>>13679431
4 and 4 answer are the fastest in the series and definitely the most fun; however, some on /m/ prefer the slower speeds of other games in the series because they don't have the reaction times necessary for an ace pilot.
If you do play 4 I'd recommend going for a fast build which has a blade on one arm and either a machine gun, rifle, or shotgun on the other one for most missions.
If you absolutely need to you can go full armored missile spammer for next battles, but for general enemies it's more fun dodging everything, and you'll feel more like a newtype if you do.
I'd personally say 4 is great starting point for the series since it leads into 4 answer which has arms forts and a bunch of other improvements.
You probably won't get to have honorable sword duels online though since I doubt anybody plays them anymore.
Also since the best friends were too dumb to realize I'll mention it just in case, but in the first mission of 4 Answer you're meant to destroy the support beams for the platforms that the enemies are standing on so that they all fall into the water and die due to lack of a booster unit.
>>
>>13679506
But will I know what the fuck is going on if I jump right in at 4 and 4A?
What previous entries are worth a shot, in your opinion?
>>
>>13679537
4 and 4 answer are pretty much a self contained story.
The basic plot is that the world in uninhabitable and corporations pay mercenaries on the ground to fight over natural resources for them while the rich folk live in low orbit the around Earth in massive flying structures called cradles.
From memory this is said at the start of 4, but it might just be background stuff.
They're FromSoft games so the plot is mostly background stuff or stuff you need to pick up on yourself.
For example in 4 Answer a character fakes his death in order to become the leader of Orca.
Most of the plot comes from reading character descriptions in arena matches or from throwaway dialogue in game.
As for the older games in the series you might want to play them to get an idea of why nine ball is so memorable, but I don't think they're as fun as 4/A.
They're definitely fun though so try emulating the first one and giving it a shot to see if you like it.
Their main downside is lack of customization and speed, but 4/A can be annoying with stuff like the stabilizer customization.
>>
>>13679618
Noted.
Thanks anon.
Hopefully I can at least give the series a shot before I leave to become a real pilot in the army
>>
File: 1425578146605.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1425578146605.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>13679669
>Becoming a pilot now.
Which country's military are you enlisting in anon?
I can't tell if you want to do bomber runs, have a chance at an actual dogfight, or have an easy life.
>>
>>13679744
Canada
Id love to get in fast-air but we apparently don't have a lot of slots for them at the moment. Its more likely I'll get rotary unless I rate top in my class.
I'm hoping 2 years from now the needs will shift a little bit as they overcompensate into helos and whatnot.

But honestly, I'll just be glad to fly, period.
>>
>>13679431
I didn't like it
>>
>>13679506
I disagree. I'm a notoriously bad pilot, but I can destroy most enemies in 4A trivially because it's not actually about anything other than walking in with the core with the most damaging weapons.
In VD my piloting skills get called out by even the story-fucking AI halfway through the game, however, I'm a fucking excellent core builder, and I can can come up with strategies to seriously shit on the opponent. I mostly die relatively early, but I do enough damage/put my UNAC in a good enough position to fucking shit on everyone up to the last boss.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.