[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Beyond all the other issues with the show the one thing that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 9
File: 1g4.jpg (198 KB, 842x464) Image search: [Google]
1g4.jpg
198 KB, 842x464
Beyond all the other issues with the show the one thing that really bugged me about SEED Destiny was Kira's apparent decision to do jack all after SEED. What was all that shit he talked at the end of SEED about the future and believing in people but then he goes and sits on his ass and lets the world go to shit while he plays house with a pop star. Amuro was placed under house arrest and under constant government watch so he really couldn't become a dynamic figure for change, but the fuck was Kira's excuse?
>>
Politics too fucking hard. Rather get not laid by Lacus.
>>
>>13678892
Shit writing.
>>
>>13678932
This.
>>
File: 1448430250592.webm (2 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
1448430250592.webm
2 MB, 960x540
Kira being a hypocrite who only fought for himself and his friends. All that shit about fighting for a greater cause like peace and the like are falsehoods.

Also, giving him political/military power would've made the Cosmic Era even more centered on the main characters than it already was, with all that about three ships and a handful of Gundams single-handedly stopping two sides from fighting.
>>
> Amuro was placed under house arrest and under constant government watch so he really couldn't become a dynamic figure for change
And why would that be a good thing? Amuro was a pilot. Was it really necessary for him to be a political "figure of change"? I don't think so.

This idea only serves to give more importance in the setting to a small handful of characters. In 0079, Amuro was a tiny, almost insignificant part of a much larger war. The EF could've won the war with or without the Gundam/White Base.
>>
>>13679849
>This idea only serves to give more importance in the setting to a small handful of characters. In 0079, Amuro was a tiny, almost insignificant part of a much larger war. The EF could've won the war with or without the Gundam/White Base.

That's one of the major difference between 0079 and SEED. 0079 showed it's heroes as soldiers, part of something bigger than themselves. SEED tried to make it's characters larger than life heroes with the fate of the world in their hands alone.
>>
Which provides the optimal SEED experience? Remaster or original?
>>
>>13679934
>Which provides the optimal SEED experience? Remaster or original?
Neither. "Optimal SEED experience" is an oxymoron. Use your time to watch something else.

There's fanfic out there that do a better job with SEED than the anime. It's that fucking bad.
>>
>>13679934
Not watching it.
>>
>>13679934
Just play the SRW retellings of both shows (specifically W and L) and leave it at that.
>>
>>13679947
>>13679956
I just wanted to see if it was as bad as I've heard.
Guess it is.
>>
>>13679934
SRW W.
>>
File: 1399432157899.jpg (104 KB, 1280x480) Image search: [Google]
1399432157899.jpg
104 KB, 1280x480
>>13679934
Each have their issues but you get more picture on the top and bottom in the original (remaster is cropped) and the faces are less retarded looking.
>>
>>13679934
Original. Remaster makes a lot of minor changes that are mostly for the worse, and doesn't really fix any of the horrid art.
>>
>>13679966
People keep telling me that the Remaster is the definitive version of SEED. I point out the original intent was for Kira to kill Nicol in self-defense, not an accident, and for Mu to stay dead.

If you ever want to understand how completely fucking stupid Destiny was, you have to watch that shit as it originally aired. You do not watch it with all the tweeks and retcons Fukuda has done as damage control.
>>
>>13678892
>believing in people

He did believe in people, he believed in the new leaders of the Federation and ZAFT to not...you know, start a new war. There was nothing hypocritical about what he did.
>>
>>13679849
I think what they did with Amuro between 0079 and before CCA was a great idea. One of possibly the best pilots in the EFSF and by all means a war hero, just side-lined as an instructor for pilots and living under house-arrest. Then comes Zeta and he joins Karaba, has mostly off-screen adventures and only pops up a few times, never really taking the limelight away from Kamille or the others, and plays a vital, but still relatively minor role, in the struggle. He isn't made out to be the only one able to stop the bad guys, and I like that
>>
File: The Anal Guy.jpg (189 KB, 950x875) Image search: [Google]
The Anal Guy.jpg
189 KB, 950x875
>>13678892
What should he have done, taken over ZAFT together with Lacus? Hah. That would be fucking ridiculous. There's no way they'd end a show like that, right?
>>
>>13679947
Seed is one of the few remaining shows on my backlog and I just want to see if its as bad as W.
>>
>>13680214
Why did you think W was bad?
>>
>>13679849
>And why would that be a good thing? Amuro was a pilot. Was it really necessary for him to be a political "figure of change"? I don't think so.

He wanted to do something about the Titans, and was shown to be pretty upset about living in a cage, if not for the fact that he wasn't being allowed to do what he wanted because he might have a bit of influence on things.

Zeta Gundam wasn't as big as SEED is on having it's main characters be the cornerstones of the entire damn series, but the fact of the matter is that Amuro wanted to do his part, and stole off into an airplane once he got his chance.
>>
>>13680150
>Then comes Zeta and he joins Karaba, has mostly off-screen adventures and only pops up a few times, never really taking the limelight away from Kamille or the others, and plays a vital, but still relatively minor role, in the struggle. He isn't made out to be the only one able to stop the bad guys, and I like that
I think the best part is that when he shows up, they talk about how his senses have dulled, and while he isn't completely unstoppable, he kicks a lot of ass while he's there, and helps Kamille out of a few scrapes.

GSD had it wrong by setting the all of the main characters in some weird antagonism triangle until it was time for Athrun to become Kira's sidekick again.
>>
SEED had so much going for it, its really the example of lost potential.
>MS looked cool as fuck (strike makes me hard)
>even the grunt MS looked cool (BuCUE)
>MU fucking la flaga and his kickass jetfighter going toe to toe with gundams
>pop star turning out to be space hitler but without the lust for genocide .
>"lol neutron jammers, try nukking us now you filthy naturals"

And a lot of other stuff, but somehow they dropped the ball hard when tying all of it together, i still blame sunrise for trying to pull in girl fans to the gundam franchise.

And then they made destiny....
>>
>>13680234
I will tell you the things I liked in W, everything else I didn't mention I probably hated it.

>mecha designs
>character designs
>OP and ED
>OST (though it's overused to the point of being annoying)

if there's one thing I hate the most, it's the fights.
In my opinion there's not a single good fight in all of the episodes in W.
The fights that isn't reusing assets are unimpressive for gundam standards.
>>
>>13680442
Seed and Seed Destiny really does have a lot of good and memorable designs, it's a shame that you can't talk about them without relating to that horrid show.
>>
I think the hatred for Destiny and Kira is overstated. I rewatched it again recently and for the most part it is extremely sophomoric writing. The only egregious examples I can pick from are Shin and Stella (the Extended brats in general really.) Neither needed to exist, i would have removed Shinn and refocus more on Athran and developing the Minerva crew and antagonists more.

Also come up with some dialogue and political maneuvers for Durandal to have done. For such a brilliant strategist he seemed very surface level and kind of stupid, and lucked out in a lot of cases.
>>
File: Zakus-(lineart) (2).png (863 KB, 2192x3586) Image search: [Google]
Zakus-(lineart) (2).png
863 KB, 2192x3586
>>13680442
>MU fucking la flaga and his kickass jetfighter going toe to toe with gundams
The freaking Skygrasper wasn't a jet fighter, but an atmospheric support unit for the Strike capable of using all its weapons. Basically, the CE's G-Fighter.

>pop star turning out to be space hitler but without the lust for genocide
That isn't "lost potential", but an utterly moronic plot point that shouldn't have happened in the first damn place.

>>13680442
>MS looked cool as fuck (strike makes me hard)
>even the grunt MS looked cool (BuCUE)

>>13680476
>Seed and Seed Destiny really does have a lot of good and memorable designs
What? SEED has the most hideous designs in the franchise outside of AGE and 0079's most retarded Zeon MAs. It was basically Okawara being lazy in order to satisfy Fukuda and Sunrise's toyetic whims. The GINN is the ugliest Zaku-equivalent in the franchise. And Destiny's ZAKUs, GOUFs and DOMs (together with Impulse's Core Fighter thing and Destroy being basically Psyco + Big-Zam) are just heretical.
>>
>>13679849
>> Amuro was placed under house arrest and under constant government watch so he really couldn't become a dynamic figure for change
>And why would that be a good thing? Amuro was a pilot. Was it really necessary for him to be a political "figure of change"? I don't think so.

No, but the Federation feared that he might become a powerful political figure and that was one of the reasons they put him on lock down. Could you imagine if Amuro had been just a bit ambitious how dangerous he would have been?
>>
>>13682162

Go back to bed, Char.
>>
>>13682162
I think you can see a lot of inter-franchise influence between LoGH and Early UC. Especially the parallels between Yang/Amuro and Reinhard/Char.

For example, Reinhard is very ambitious, largely influenced by his family and a feeling of "revenge", and resorts to dictatorial/extreme means to ultimately make the galaxy a better place, à la Char.
Yang being the accidental and reluctant hero much like Amuro was for most of 0079, having the potential to accomplish bigger but never taking it into his own hands, electing to leave things in the hands of the people and to trust and believe in democracy and humanity - again, just like Amuro did.

Of course, I'm sure there are other influences in the direction Amuro and Char's characters went post-0079 and other influences on LoGH, but considering the fact that 0079 aired first, and then the LoGH novels came out before and during Zeta and ZZ and ended before CCA, and the fact that there are similarities in the characters of both series, I wouldn't be surprised if both Tanaka and Tomino were in some ways influenced by each other's works. What with both being major works of sci-fi during the 80s.
>>
>>13678892
All he ever wanted was peace. His unit was trashed (and rebuilt without him knowing). The world-threatening BFG was destroyed. And he (wrongfully) assumed that such near-death experiences for both sides would keep the war on ice longer.

Valid but naive reasons.

He only got back into the action when Durandal decided to try and assassinate Lacus. Had Durandal left Lacus alone, Kira would have been less likely to show up until Cagalli's wedding (assuming everything else mostly played out), and instead of placing ZAFT as one of their enemies from the start and picking fights with them, would have been more about retaking Orb before picking other fights.

Can't exactly say the same for Lacus though; she's clearly been in active communication with Murrue and co, as well as Terminal, and not only rebuilt the Freedom, but had the S.Freedom and I.Justice built and the Eternal maintained. But she's been content with sticking with Kira and living it out relatively quietly, and would probably have remained as such until she and Kira decide to intervene in Orb. Of course, she'd come out sooner or later with Durandal's use of Meer as his Lacus replacement, but it would have been a bit later rather than sooner.
>>
>>13678892

Out of universe it's because Destiny wasn't planned at all and they needed to make sure the old didn't do anything to stop the next war from breaking out.

In universe it's because he was all PTSD from the stuff he saw and without any imminent genocide to stop he didn't see the need to fight anymore.
>>
>>13682554
>Had Durandal left Lacus alone, Kira would have been less likely to show up until Cagalli's wedding
Since without the assassination attempt he wouldn't have known freedom was rebuilt he probably wouldn't have done anything. It's like how he was in seed after the duel with athrun, he wanted to help but did not have the means to.
Also they don't pick fights with zaft until Durandal threatens the world, although they were prepared to fight zaft shortly before that when they found the destiny plan book.

If you consider gunpla manuals canonical, the strike freedom and infinite justice were made by zaft like the originals were, and were stolen during development by terminal personnel.

Lacus' situation is still questionable, because she does have the motivation and resources to make a difference in the war. Though it's possible she may have believed they were too weak at the time to actually win, or maybe they were still trying to act behind the scenes and didn't want to draw attention.
>>
>>13679849

Amuro wasn't the one going around screaming about how the future is bright and shiny and that people can do whatever they want.

Kira made all these flowery claims about the future and then fucked off with Lacus.
>>
ZAFT did nothing wrong.
>>
>>13683519
Except murder my daughter.
>>
>>13683469
>Also they don't pick fights with zaft until Durandal threatens the world, although they were prepared to fight zaft shortly before that when they found the destiny plan book.

So, attacking ZAFT forces to protect ORB's as well as spaceport while trying to steal a shuttle isn't picking a fight?
>>
It's like that time Jesus went to go party in the desert for 30 days

Then he dies and resurrects, you know just like Kira
>>
>>13678892
When is the last time any peace talker in real life got any shit done? Any real change?
>>
>>13683621
But anon, he's a peace talker with a big ass robot and funky superpowers.
>>
>>13683537
Kira fans feel that those don't count.
>>
Why didn't Kira just stop fighting Zaft and hand over Djbril?

If he did that Zaft would have no reason to invade in the first place
>>
>>13683643
In my experience, Kira fans don't know what pacifism actually is yet they keep on claiming Kira's a pacifist.
>>
>>13683806
In my experience it's usually his detractors.

I don't blame them, it's an wasy enough misake to make. He might not ever state that he's a pacifist, but he sure makes a lot of statements to the effect that violence is bad, even as he engages in it. Especially egregious being that time he yells at ZAFT and EA troops to stop fighting and flee Cyclops, while firing on them with all his guns at once and shooting them down.
>>
>>13683694
Kira's group didn't have Djibril, Orb did. Not that it mattered, since the ignored that completely and acted as if ZAFT was invading for conquest rather than their stated (and faithfully pursued) aim of getting this one guy.
>>
>>13683469
>Also they don't pick fights with zaft until Durandal threatens the world
You wot? Durandal doesn't start making ultimatums until the last few episodes, and you canbet your ass they were sticking their necks out long before that.
>>
>>13683537
They attacked both sides during the interventions and clearly stated their intent both times, even saving the minerva from certain destruction the second time.
There was no intention of fighting during the shuttle theft, Kira showed himself and took out the attackers after their cover was blown. And if you want to get technical, one could argue that Lacus wasn't even stealing it because as far as everyone else knew, it was for Lacus in the first place.

Yes, they end up a thorn in zaft's side, but it was not their intention to do so, which I would say qualifies as not picking a fight.
>>
>>13684282
And if Durandal didn't bother to pick a fight with Lacus (and by extension, Kira), it might just have gone that way and resulted in an ending faster.

>Yo Hibiki twins, I'm in need of Lord Dijibril, who's residing in your country thanks to that fag Yuna. Nevermind how I got that info. If I let ZAFT take out the EA forces in your territory while your order your elite Orb gunners to purposely miss when attacking ZAFT, can you do me a square and focus your efforts on capturing Dijion Mustard for me?

After all, Kira's more competent and faster than Luna if it came to shooting down Dijibril.

Of course, Europe would be a bit more fucked without the Archangel backing up ZAFT indirectly, but we did see that Shinn could talk down Stellar, so it would've ended regardless, and with ZAFT in possession of 1 new Destroy Gundam.
>>
>>13684501
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhckuhUxcgA
>>
>>13678892
>lets the world go to shit
The world hadn't gone to shit until partway into Destiny.
>>
>>13679934
Original.

>>13679947
Oh look, another memester. Why don't you rant about Kira surviving nuclear explosions or some shit?
>>
>>13684501
Are you fucking serious?
>>
>>13683537
Don't even pretend like ZAFT wasn't deliberately attacking Orb just for the hell of it. If they just wanted Djibril, they could have just sat up in orbit and waited for him.
>>
>>13684685
Orb, you mean the enemy state who broke the Treaty of Junius by siding with the EA against ZAFT, completely abandoning it's supposed ideals of neutrality despite breaking them numerous times in the previous war, is currently harboring a dangerous war criminal and is refusing to hand him over. And, oh yeah, while Cagalli whined about how ZAFT had rebuilt and upgraded it's military after the Bloody Valentine War, she had done the same damn thing as well as complain ZAFT was employing former Orb citizens (who I might remind you, fucking left after Uzumi and his bullshit got the nation torched of their own free will).

Orb isn't the victim here.
>>
>>13684710
So you admit they're the aggressor, just trying to get a little payback?
>>
>>13684710
But who is ZAFT to demand they turn over a private citizen? Now granted that private citizen is an evil asshole but still.
>>
>>13684710
So, why couldn't they have just waited in orbit to get Djibril?
>>
>>13684508

Best part of that is that when Durandal reveals his Destiny Plan, Kira and co. have an actual, legitimate reason, or several, to fill in the roles they did in SEED Destiny.

Heck, they could probably use that as material for the SEED movie instead of cramming every post-71 CE development into Destiny.
>>
>>13684724
The only reason he was trying to escape was because Orb was being attacked. If ZAFT didn't attack Orb why would he need to go into space?
>>
>>13684685
I'm pretty sure the mass driver can aim almost anywhere it wants. He wouldn't just be launching directly above Orb, he'd be going wherever the fuck he wants in the sky. Basically you're saying that ZAFT should have set grids everywhere over that part of the planet's sky.

And more to the point, why the fuck should they have to treat Orb, their partners in crime at that point with that kind of delicacy? Even if it's just a ruse to step into Orb, they should at least be called out on that ruse first, instead of denying that he wasn't there.
>>13684718
He's lost those rights once he was outed as one of the people behind BURNING EUROPE TO THE FUCKING GROUND.
>>
>>13684732
If Djibril was just sitting around in Orb, he wouldn't be able to cause any harm.

>>13684735
ZAFT is based in space. They could spare a ship or two. Especially since there weren't any neutron jammers around to fuck up their sensors anymore.
>>
>>13684746
He can give orders from Orb. He was just sitting around giving orders all series. He never personally participated in shit until later. Requiem still exists with him sitting in Orb.
>>
File: MS-07B3.jpg (229 KB, 326x536) Image search: [Google]
MS-07B3.jpg
229 KB, 326x536
>>13680992
I will give you the ginn because I hated that as well, but I honestly liked the destiny gouf and most of the non-grunt suits.

You know, you can enjoy things for what they were without toppling the established best.
>>
>>13684778
What, he'll just pick up a ham radio and send a signal up? Whenever we saw him giving orders, he was in one of his hideouts, using his own equipment. And for that matter, why didn't ZAFT just go deal with the remnants of the Alliance and Requiem?
>>
>>13684799
Orb has equipment. If ZAFT never invaded Orb then Yuna would have let him do whatever he wanted. All that equipment would have been his. No one knew about Requiem until it was used. ZAFT was trying to cut the head off the snake by killing Djibril. Since no one knew about Requiem he was the last important thing.
>>
>>13684716
No, what I'm saying is that ZAFT gave Orb a choice and they decided to side with the guy who unleashed the Destroy on Berlin.
>>
>>13684746
"A ship or two" isn't going to catch anything on the surface of the planet, let alone in orbit. You'd want something the size of the fleet that participated at the battle at the PLANTs near the start of the series for any effective sweeping.

Besides if it's "a ship or two" or anything short of a full force, really, the EA moon fleet is just going to steamroll in and rescue Djibril anyways. Those guys were almost under the complete fucking pay of the pro-LOGOS members of the Atlantic Federation - because the story would rather more airtime for its bloated cast of main characters and flashbacks than actually show the fractures caused by normal people in the Alliance that would be bound to result from having such a polarizing faction embedded within itself.

But nah, any Earthperson in CE living outside of Orb is either an isolated chocolate villager or a right white asshole. Astray tried, but they gave up by Destiny's part of the timeline, too.
>>
>>13684812
>Yuna
Didn't Cagalli take back control by that point?
>>
>>13684841
Nope, she retook control only after ZAFT started landing troops and killing people.
>>
>>13684841
>>13684885
What I want to know is why Cagalli and the Athha supporters waited until it was too late to do something? Why couldn't she mount a coup against the Seirans, or simply tell Yuna to go fuck himself back when he was doing the creepy bastard schtick?

All Todaka did was whine about "following orders" instead of DOING what was right WHEN it was right. By the point they did their move, ZAFT was already attacking Orb and Djibril had escaped.

Why did she acquiesce with the marriage and humiliating treatment to the point of actually complaining that Kira did her a favor by kidnapping her?
>>
>>13684935

It's Japan, the same nation that gave us Other M. People are just expected to bow their heads to the guys in charge whether they agree with the orders or not. Remember, salarymen do not work to make themselves look good, they work to make their bosses look good.
>>
>>13684986

This. The Orb forces being helpless to do anything but follow orders because "The boss says so" is supposed to be helplessly tragic, not retarded because any red blooded American would punch out anyone who forced them to do something they didn't agree with.

Orb only really works in a sypathetic light if you are Japanese. Otherwise they look stupid...kind of like the actual working class Japanese.
>>
>>13684935
In-story, probably in order to try and strengthen ties between surviving Orb Noble households.

Out-of-story, issues between writers and VAs (supposedly, though Cagalli's VA refused to do any other Cagalli roles for a time).

But that whole issue could have been side-stepped had the Archangel and co. focus on retaking Orb in Cagalli's name rather than arbitrarily gallivanting around and picking fights where they weren't wanted. Even Athrun and a few others called out the Archangel for barging into fights and causing problems on both sides, even if their intention was only to assist one particular side.
>>
File: enzetsu03.png (311 KB, 564x389) Image search: [Google]
enzetsu03.png
311 KB, 564x389
>>13680372
>Zeta Gundam wasn't as big as SEED is on having it's main characters be the cornerstones of the entire damn series
That is like the defining difference between MSG and Zeta, the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>13684935
Cagalli's whole deal before she is kidnapped is that she wants orb to be like what she believes it should be but gets walked over and shut down by the other politicians, specifically Yuna's family. Even after she regrows her backbone and tries to straight up take control during the fleet interventions she is stopped by Yuna's presence in the fleet. It isn't until the country is literally burning down around him that she can finally seize control from Yuna.
Politically Cagalli is incompetent, It is her father's name and her contributions in the last war that keep her afloat. She is most effective as a figurehead to rally others.
>>
>>13680372
>Zeta Gundam wasn't as big as SEED is on having it's main characters be the cornerstones of the entire damn series

It most certainly was. The only difference it it was Char and the new characters that were the cornerstones as opposed to the older cast overshadowing the new cast and being the cornerstones.
>>
>>13685347
>But that whole issue could have been side-stepped had the Archangel and co. focus on retaking Orb in Cagalli's name

They didn't have the will to actually start a civil war and kill Orb guys loyal to Yuna. Cagalli won't even fire at them to save her own life and has a breakdown anytime anyone from Orb is suffering for any reason.

The only reason they're able to retake control at all is that all the Yuna loyalists are convieniently killed by Zaft so they don't have to.
>>
>>13679934
The action scenes do look pretty neat in the remaster, but both suck in their own ways.

Just watch whichever one you find first.
>>
>>13683694
Did you watch the fucking show? The first thing Cagalli does once she takes over command is try to figure out where the fuck he's hiding so they can get rid of him. When his shuttle takes off she sends a Murasame team to shoot it down.

>>13684735
>I'm pretty sure the mass driver can aim almost anywhere it wants.
Didn't use a mass driver, but suggesting you can aim a several kilometre long railway bridge to nowhere is the most hilariously retarded thing I've read in a while.

>>13685374
Henken becomes an irrelevant fuccboi when Bright shows up.
>>
>>13685374
"The series" is wrong. It's better to say that, in SEED, the protagonists are the center of the whole war and setting, which they are able to win single-handedly with barely a handful of forces.
Compare this to the AEUG, which was a faction fully supported by large numbers of the Earth Federation.
>>
File: 1450753030199.png (150 KB, 459x462) Image search: [Google]
1450753030199.png
150 KB, 459x462
>>13685440
>the AEUG
You mean the guys that accidentally won the Neo-Zeon war with one ship crewed by 8 people?
>>
>>13685426
>Did you watch the fucking show? The first thing Cagalli does once she takes over command is try to figure out where the fuck he's hiding so they can get rid of him. When his shuttle takes off she sends a Murasame team to shoot it down.
Too fucking late to be of any difference. The bigger threat for the world at that point wasn't Durandal and ZAFT, but Djibril, the person who ordered the Destroy's rampage and brainwashed Mwu.
>>
>>13685453
>won the Neo-Zeon war
Which one? By ZZ's time, Zeon was attritted by its own civil war between Haman and Glemy. The AEUG only did some mopping up. Post Dublin, Axis Zeon stopped being a major threat to the Earth Sphere.
>>
>>13685459
Yeah and ZAFT and the EA pretty much destroy each other the same way. All TSA did was shoot down nukes and run a tactical strike on the Dominion and GENESIS.

Even in Zeta the AEUG was by far the weakest fashion and only won by Axis backstabbing the Titans.

If you flip that around the EF was exhausted by its own civil war and not a threat past the Gryps Conflict, by the way.
>>
>>13685527
>Yeah and ZAFT and the EA pretty much destroy each other the same way. All TSA did was shoot down nukes and run a tactical strike on the Dominion and GENESIS.
And the reason the war ended in the first place. Also, I really have to note that the TSA were the only good guys in the conflict. Utterly manichean.

>>If you flip that around the EF was exhausted by its own civil war and not a threat past the Gryps Conflict, by the way.
It's nothing that they can't recover. The EFSF is the Earth Sphere's hegemon. Not comparable to Neo Zeon, a bunch of terrorists rushing with cheap, dinky mobile suits and a minuscule handful of superweapons like the Qubeley and Quin Mantha.
>>
>>13685549
NZ war only ended because the Nahel Argama took out Glemy. Argama and a small handful of Karaba forces are the only good guys in ZZ either.
>>
>>13685585
>NZ war only ended because the Nahel Argama took out Glemy.
It's entirely possible that Neo Zeon could've ended up eating itself without having imbecile Judau nosing around.
>>
>>13685378
They didn't even need to go with a giant civil war. They had the resources of Terminal at their disposal. A spy group that in canon is supposed to be one of the biggest, if not THE biggest, spy groups.

All they had to do was oust Yuna early on by revealing all his illegal dealings with the EA and attempting to screw over Orb's neutral stance.

Or if Dijibril had to end up in Orb, reveal that big deal at the same time Cagalli declares anyone opposing her decision to arrest and hand over the man as traitors to Orb. If done sooner than what we got, Dijibril would have either been shot down or arrested sooner.
>>
>>13685607
Glemy pretty comfortably had the upper hand on Haman because he still had more NT Corps reserves and Chara probably would have been killed by the Quin Mantha to start with, beyond the Gundam team interfering it was Bright's fleet coming he hadn't accounted for. Presumably the reason Glemy attacked when he did was because he thought the Federation had pulled out of the war and wouldn't interfere (which it damn well tried to, mind you)
>>
File: no taste.png (385 KB, 750x417) Image search: [Google]
no taste.png
385 KB, 750x417
>>13680459
>In my opinion there's not a single good fight in all of the episodes in W.

What's with all the newfags with shit awful taste?
>>
>>13685654
There's only like three noteworthy battles in the whole show.
Heavyarms vs Tallgeese, Deathcythe vs. Vayeate and Mercurius and Zero vs Epyon.
And only the very last had particularly exceptional animation.
>>
>>13685667
It's just a homage to 0079's crappy animation.
>>
>>13678892

Amuro also had mad PTSD after mind-melding with Lalah and then shoving a beam saber through her cockpit. Did Kira have anything like that going on?
>>
>>13685689
I imagine Kira had similar PTSD after Flay was blown up by Rau, but he seems to get over that after Lacus promises to dye her hair while forcing the keys to the Freedom into his hand.
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.