[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /m/. What are some mecha anime like Code Geass? In terms
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: Lancelot_Albion.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Lancelot_Albion.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Hey /m/. What are some mecha anime like Code Geass? In terms of mecha/tech progression.

I'm not a total noob when it comes to mecha but I haven't seen a lot of series outside of Code Geass and Gundam where it goes from

>Holy shit it can fly!

To

>Super fast trans-am beam wings that can shoot lasers
>>
>>13678295
That shit's stupid, but Comet Lucifer from this season and I guess an obvious example would be Gurren Lagann
>>
>>13678295
cross ange
>>
>tfw the /a/ sticky doesn't apply to us and we'll have to endure this shit forever
>>
>>13678332
What happened to the days when /m/ was generally welcoming to rec threads and bashed /a/ for being so hostile about it?

I wouldn't have really gotten into mecha if it weren't for starting one a good 5 or 6 years ago.
>>
>>13678332
I think if OP were looking for any mecha anime then I'd send him over there, but if it's something a bit more specific it's probably better to ask the people that know.
>>
Of what I read about Fafner, they really escalate the arms race over the course of the franchise.

It's like they start off with bootleg evangelions in the first series and by the second you have pilots with superpower magic.
>>
>>13678302
It is pretty silly but it's not something I've seen often and thought It'd be fun to see it at least once or twice more.
>>
>>13678355
boy i sure enjoy the 5 rec threads open all the time because niggers were too lazy to look at the catalog and use common sense to know to watch things in production order
i fucking love it
i love it so much
AND I LOVE YOU ANON
I LOVE YOU FOR ENABLING THIS
I LOVE THE WAY THINGS ARE HEADING ITS JUST SO GOOD I LOVE EVERYTHING I LOVE IT
>>
>>13678364
There's only this one rec thread in the entire catalog, you nigger.
>>
>>13678364
I'd take 5 rec threads over 5 threads dickriding Mika for kissing Kudelia anyday.

It's not like it's even a new thing to have a couple rec threads on /m/ anyway, are you new or something?
>>
>>13678364
>You shouldn't have more then one thread at a time!

I bet you support generals too. Yeah good idea, go into another rec thread totally unrelated to what you're looking for and watch those replies flood in. Go to another board where no one knows shit about what you're looking for and check all those recs, baby.

It's the same thing as people who tell you to go to the generals whenever you start a thread for something that has one, you go to it then no one fucking replies to you because they are too busy circlejerking over who's hot or not or who they want to fuck. It's literally people like you that are ruining this board.
>>
>>13678378
>5 threads dickriding Mika for kissing Kudelia anyday.
What is that anyway?
Is /m/ filled with thirsty ass niggas?
>>
>>13678295
>>Holy shit it can fly!
>To
>>Super fast trans-am beam wings that can shoot lasers

this one of few things that ruined CG for me
>>
>>13678385
this is 4chan
what do you think?
>>
>>13678390
MIght as well be Gaia these days.
>>
>>13678332
But it does apply to us. Reccomendation threads were never allowed outside of /r/ and now /wsr/ as well. Unfortunately it's a rule most mods on 4chan seem to not care about so it's up to the community to enforce it.
>>
>>13678402
It fucking sucks. Rec threads are literally the worst type of thread on the board. There isn't anything worse then going to look for some goddamn mecha discussion and seeing 10 threads going "BAWWW I DONT KNOW WHAT TO WATCH HELP MEEE" or "BAWW I WANT RETARDED SHIT LIKE BEAM WINGS WHAT DOOOO"

God I hate it. It's ruining the board and the entirety of fucking 4chan so hard. We might as well be fucking Reddit or Gaia Online at this point because of these stupid fucking rec threads.

Goddamn I'm angry. Fuck rec threads and fuck spoonfeeding lazyass nooblets who can't into just using fucking MAL to see what they want to watch.
>>
If you are talking about time skips and shit, Layzner has that covered.
>>
File: giphy2.gif (844 KB, 268x278) Image search: [Google]
giphy2.gif
844 KB, 268x278
The knightmares were way better way when they were on the ground. None of this "see a light in the distance destroy 30 other in half a second" bullshit", there was down and dirty close quarter fighting.
>>
Gundam 00

At first, everyone were Zakus
Then, they all became Gundams.
>>
>>13678469
>there was down and dirty close quarter fighting.

In Narita, maybe.
>>
>>13678295
Fafner starts with a dinky railgun that can only fire a shot before running out of juice to end boss whose shoulders shoot homing chakram,lasers,worm sphere that noms any armour, its back holds cannon that wrecks a beamspam robot 4 times its size, generates shields that eats anything that comes into contact with its light, regen lost limbs and other unholy rape apparatus.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.