[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any good mecha PC games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8
File: Hawken1.jpg (222 KB, 1280x501) Image search: [Google]
Hawken1.jpg
222 KB, 1280x501
Hey /m/,

I've spent a few years away form this place. Recently I acquired a rather high-end gaming PC, and I'm wondering if you have any recommendations for good mecha-themed PC games.

Already tried out Hawken, though to be honest I was a bit disappointed how FPS-like it was; from the original trailer it seemed much more of a "mech sim."

Any game in particular you guys recommend?
>>
>>13671328
I would like to quote that motto from that battletech cartton

"emulation is ammunition"
>>
>>13671328
There seems to be a couple greenlit ones on steam but there's no torrents yet so i dunno if they're any good, depends how good your pc is, only ps2 emulators really depend on a high grade pc and the ps2 has some of the best mecha games (in usa at least) like zeonic front.
>>
>>13671328
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeDIm5Qpmx4

You could try Mechwarrior Online.

Warning: very grindy like World of Tanks but the upside is that you choose your own grind.
>>
>>13675233
>quote
Paraphrase
>>
Play Mechwarrior online. It is a very good mech simulator but it is a lot slower than Hawken. The game is fun once you understand the rules and such and after getting your first mech.
Warning: Like anon said, it is very mother-fucking grindy.
>>
The mechs aren't separated into tiers and there are trial mechs you can use that switch off weekly.
>>
>>13677451
Added bonus: if you play MWO there is a special Cadet Bonus in which added with the completion of the training missions you can get up to 24million cbills.

Enough to buy a Timberwolf and have enough left over for additional weapons.
>>
what's with all the MWO suggestions, I thought most people on /m/ hates it?
>>
I feel like many people making "mecha games" don't know what the fuck they are doing
>mainly/only cockpit view
>you can't see your fucking robot
>you see some screens and panels and some guns pointing forward that's it
or
>your robot/enemy robot just walks around with arms pointing forward in a fixed position
>can't melee/only one move for melee
or
>robot is doing fucking acrobatic gymnastics moves all over the place
>teleport behind enemy unsheath katana nothing personal kid
>shooting twenty flashy guns/swords at once
>>
>>13671328
I like the mech combat in Titanfall. I know it's a FPS with mech, but the mech combat is pretty well done in this game.
>>
I started learning gamedev earlier this year. My end goal is to make a mecha game.

I'll get back to you in 10 years when I finish it.
>>
>>13671328
There hasn't been a decent mech game in years. Did I say years? I meant decades. MWO hasn't helped improve things much.
>>
>>13677782
It gets fun when you get the lock-on missile and the rapid fire upgrade for the quad missile launcher.
The on-foot is pretty fun, too.
>>
>>13677701
people say it got much better
>>
>>13677365
Mechwarrior a shit.

If you want mecha online games, Mobile Suit Gundam Online is what you want.

>>13677968
>>
>>13677714
>shooting twenty flashy guns/swords at once

This should be an option, though. If you want LOTSAWEAPONS on your robot, well, nothing should stop you.
>>
Strike Suit Zero
Homeworld Remastered
Deus Ex

There's also apparently a new GitSSAC MMO on Steam or somesuch, not sure about its quality.
>>
>>13677714
I just want Strike Suit Zero but faster. There's no 'rush' when playing that game.
>>
>>13677714
>Not wanting cockpit view
>>
Hawken stopped being supported by his devs as I heard, or if it isn't yet, it's pretty bad managed.

Also it has a more of a arcade approach, not like a simulator.

Mechwarrior Online sucks at customizations, the only good part are the controls and the UI that make you feel like you are in the cockpit.

We need more Armored Core kind of games, wouldn't be godly be able to create new parts and share them using Steam Workshop?

I would like to create an Armored Core inspired game, using For Answer as a goal. But it'll remain a dream, for now.
>>
>>13680391
M.A.V. on steam. Also Heavy Gear Assault.
>>
>>13680519
MAV does look good. I hope it becomes popular enough to play.
>>
>>13671328
Mechwarrior.

But its stompy low tech tank like mechs.

MWO has improved a lot.
>>
>>13677701
It got much better.
>>
>>13679359
>There's also apparently a new GitSSAC MMO on Steam or somesuch, not sure about its quality.
Cod reskin.
>>
>>13683216
Wait a fucking minute, is this just Chromehounds???
>>
File: IMG_27122015_231012.png (911 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
IMG_27122015_231012.png
911 KB, 1366x768
>>13671328
try robocraft, use your imagination!
>>
>>13683969
Yes, and that's not a bad thing.
>>
>>13684377
>spend hours building perfect machine
>enter match
>get oneshot by a railgun chair
>>
>>13678613
Godspeed brave anon
>>
File: Silver.png (127 KB, 726x211) Image search: [Google]
Silver.png
127 KB, 726x211
>>13671328
Silver Knights is the best mech game I ever played on a PC, not counting emulation.

Can't get it to run on my Win8 machine though
>>
>>13677714
My problem with mech games is definitely the first point, I dislike the incredibly slow mech games like mechwarrior and first person shooters, I want fast paced mech games or atleast those at the speed of Armored Core, even the Mechs in Lost Planet games are fun to use, for me its always about movement options.
I really dig shit like AC, Gundam fighting games and ZOE. I wish I knew about Exteel back when it was still playable because it sounds like my thing and I would play cosmic break games if they weren't such a hassle or p2w.
I've always wanted a free roaming Mech game too and Xenoblade Chronicles X seems just like that however I don't have a Wii U.
>>
>>13671328
MWO seems like the only choice but I really dont like the tank like mechs. Life is suffering.
>>
>>13684515
Thank you, I will do my best.
>>
>>13684695
I wouldn't exactly call the earlier AC games fast paced though.
>>
>>13684848
Was mainly talking about 3 and its sequels, but even 1 and 2 have an ok speed, I guess I just want humanoid mechs with constant use of boosters and jets.
One of the best mech games I've played has to be Macross 30, had everything I wanted apart from the fact it had only 3 maps to explore and the fact that I can't read moonrunes.
>>
>>13684695
This thing was always my favorite. Too bad Lost Planet 3 completely KILLED the franchise.
>>
>>13684695
i desperately want a mech game like dmc or the arkham games, at least with that kind of speed. a mech fighting game like that would probably get me addicted twice.
>>
File: MAV 3.jpg (396 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
MAV 3.jpg
396 KB, 1920x1080
>>13683969
It is lacking the sp and massive multiplayer world system, but it does have the mechs down along with the customization.
>>
>>13684910
The mechs are really ugly.
>>
>>13684905
fucking play Z.O.E second runner right now
>>
>>13671328
>pic not related
>>
>>13677714
>>13677714
>describes every style of mech game

Idk what you even want out of a game
>>
>>13671328
early footage of hawken was from alpha where all the hud elements were embbeded in the 3d cockpit like in the picture. the alpha build was good, everything that came after turned the game into fps shit

>>13680391
the original devs were shit anyways, they were the ones who turned the alpha version which had actual mech like feel to a shitty mech skinned fps, not to mention the game was such shit they kept on giving the game systems overhauls.

truly wasted potential
>>
>>13684739
Why don't you play the lights then? They're really fast.
>>
>>13685169
i tried it at a "friends" house, really want to play it but i don't have a ps3 or anything. i need to find cables to my ps2 so i can enjoy some of my old games, and try some i never got to play.
>>
>>13685307
Emulate it.
>>
File: L-P-9999.jpg (61 KB, 719x600) Image search: [Google]
L-P-9999.jpg
61 KB, 719x600
>>13677782
Ran Big Punch on every titan loadout. Nothing was better than just punching niggers, even better when they went right off a cliff.

>>13684695
>>13684896
I always liked the VS's in Lost Planet, the one's that could transform were especially neat. The last level with the super mode PTX was the best.
>>
File: Besiege vehicle.jpg (151 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Besiege vehicle.jpg
151 KB, 1280x720
Pls no bully, but I've been playing Besiege on PC recently and I quite enjoy how creative it is. It's not exactly a "mecha" game but you can certainly make mechas with the ingredients given to you. The gameplay is well done, even if the mission objectives are so far a bit simple.

On sale right now, not a bad deal for $5.
>>
>>13685478
Might as well play MAV or Robocraft desu
>>
>>13671328
Gigantic Army and Gunhound EX.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.